HELP! ODIN Stuck at vbmeta.img when downgrading to one ui 2.1 firmware for Galaxy S20

Search This thread

rbvaishakh

Sep 5, 2020
Dear all

i am in a terrible situation, i am a mobile filmmaker and use filmic pro after the latest august 2020 one ui 2.5 update i am unable to use some features in filmic pro

I tried flashing the previous one ui 2.1 firmware which i downloaded from sam mobile for my indian samsung galaxy s20.

however the flash seems to get stuck at vbmeta.img, once i close and reboot my phone, nothing is changed its untouched and is still the new 2.5 one ui firmware

i have enabled developer mode and unlocked the boot loader in download mode and its says FAP lock : off and OEM lock : off (U) also
i have installed samsung drivers in the pc and still odin gets stuck

i am attaching the log and screenshot of download mode in s20

please help me out to flash the previous firmware

i am out of options.

right now i am at
Version One UI 2.5
2020-08-20 update
PDA G980FXXU4BTH5
CSC G980FOXM4BTH5

I need to revert back to
Version UI 2.1
2020-07-22 update
PDA G980FXXU3ATG4
CSC G980FOXM3ATG4

pc.jpg

phone.jpg

What am i doing wrong

Please help :crying::crying:

D

D-Mente

I am the same, it is supposed that with a combination that they gave me here, you can but I can't install it, you know how?

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Dear all

i am in a terrible situation, i am a mobile filmmaker and use filmic pro after the latest august 2020 one ui 2.5 update i am unable to use some features in filmic pro

I tried flashing the previous one ui 2.1 firmware which i downloaded from sam mobile for my indian samsung galaxy s20.

however the flash seems to get stuck at vbmeta.img, once i close and reboot my phone, nothing is changed its untouched and is still the new 2.5 one ui firmware

i have enabled developer mode and unlocked the boot loader in download mode and its says FAP lock : off and OEM lock : off (U) also
i have installed samsung drivers in the pc and still odin gets stuck

i am attaching the log and screenshot of download mode in s20

please help me out to flash the previous firmware

i am out of options.

right now i am at
Version One UI 2.5
2020-08-20 update
PDA G980FXXU4BTH5
CSC G980FOXM4BTH5

I need to revert back to
Version UI 2.1
2020-07-22 update
PDA G980FXXU3ATG4
CSC G980FOXM3ATG4

What am i doing wrong

Please help :crying::crying:

you cant downgrade

CtrlU

Dec 26, 2010
Many are saying its impossible to downgrade, but hey the user can flash a custom rom based on 2.1 ui right, i mean cmon guys

gavilan2010

Mar 14, 2011
But you not flash custom roms with odin.
Now Stock Firmware Flash With Odin
He cant Downgrade ppl are correct.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

CtrlU

Dec 26, 2010
Well i think its better to find a custom rom based on 2.1 ui, root and flash with twrp since you have exynos

Laleka

Aug 6, 2016
Yes you can downgrade with odin

I downgraded successfully..
But at first I was stucked like you
Then I downloaded One ui 2.1 with August security patch build number FXXS4ATGB and it was successful.
Download this firmware and flash ?

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Many are saying its impossible to downgrade, but hey the user can flash a custom rom based on 2.1 ui right, i mean cmon guys

uh.. yea, bcuz 2.1 and 2.5 have the same rev lol so technically that wouldnt even be a downgrade.

even if u flash a custom rom it could be done but at that point its not a downgrade either and is registered as custom..

so no, u cant downgrade

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I downgraded successfully..
But at first I was stucked like you
Then I downloaded One ui 2.1 with August security patch build number FXXS4ATGB and it was successful.
Download this firmware and flash ?

thats not a downgrade.. u went from one rev4 firmware to another rev4 firmware.. hes trying to go from rev4 firmware to rev3 firmware which is a downgrade which clearly is not possible

steve6001

Oct 25, 2020
HELP

Hello everyone, I find myself in the same case. I bought a second hand samsung s20 and samsung pass inaccessible. I wanted to reinstall my original firmware via odin and block on vbmeta. Do you still have no solution please

nabeelahmad909

May 27, 2012
I down graded successfully from Android 11 beta to Android 10 onui 2.5 using odin, I was also stucked like this.

possible solution, Downgrade to previously installed FW , And Use CSC(Wipe data).
Restart PC/And change USB Port
Restart Phone id Download mode, If you have error screen,u already in download mode.
Try it one more time, If you are on Bootloader Screen with message ( Use smart Switch to recover FW etc), ODIN will detect it.
Smart switch dnt have option to recover phone FW. So download exact same version before U did Upgrade to phone.

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
I'm in the same situation ... I updated android11 and I'm coming from Beyond 1.5 android10 (I have a full TWRP Backup).
Yesterday, I restored my samsung account in A11 (with sms, calls, etc) and at the end, popup says "delete old backup" ... damned I clicked "yes" by mistake !
After that, I tried to root android11 without success (so full wipe, reflash, etc ... and NO more Samsung backup!)
So I wanted to downgrade with my TWRP backup, but it did not boot
I have an idea to DL stock android 10 but I'm not sure it will work (and I have no more data to DL for 10days ^^)