Help on flashing rmx2001 (resolved)

Search This thread

ignoll

Feb 24, 2018
Hello,

I've been looking through this forum for quite a while, but I have yet to stumble upon a guide that can fix me up for taking the next step after the bootloader unlocking process. Yet, there's been lots of custom roms made for rmx2001. So here I'm with my unlocked rmx2001 or realme 6, wondering if I am missing out on something crucial for the next step because this is my first time doing something like this on a mediatek based phone. Kindly help me out pweese.. thank you;

Update:
I've dwelled deep into the forest, fought clones of sundar pichai, then finally.. successfully flashed my phone with custom recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayambrand

ignoll

Feb 24, 2018
From what I've had read around this forum and other places, before flashing any custom recovery, the vbmeta.img must be flashed with a patched one, which as usual, there are rules one must follow to modify this certain android component.

This is the first for me, as per Android 8 (or Android 7 with its super confusing arb system took in place), any changes inside the recovery, system, etc are being handled by this vbmeta module.

It seems that vbmeta.img changes for every android or system update and to patch this vbmeta.img, the android version must be the same as what the patch corresponds to... (correct me if I'm wrong; this is my understanding based solely from what I have read, please take this with a big chunk of salt).

I currently have the b.57 update installed on my device, and I only found b.55 here on the next forum's page... the point is I have to wait for the latest patch of vbmeta b.57. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I just talking in elven language to myself? Anyway thank you for reading.

Lyco.

Mar 13, 2021
From what I've had read around this forum and other places, before flashing any custom recovery, the vbmeta.img must be flashed with a patched one, which as usual, there are rules one must follow to modify this certain android component.

This is the first for me, as per Android 8 (or Android 7 with its super confusing arb system took in place), any changes inside the recovery, system, etc are being handled by this vbmeta module.

It seems that vbmeta.img changes for every android or system update and to patch this vbmeta.img, the android version must be the same as what the patch corresponds to... (correct me if I'm wrong; this is my understanding based solely from what I have read, please take this with a big chunk of salt).

I currently have the b.57 update installed on my device, and I only found b.55 here on the next forum's page... the point is I have to wait for the latest patch of vbmeta b.57. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I just talking in elven language to myself? Anyway thank you for reading.
Hi fellow weeb I'm curious of how did you manage to flash custom recovery?

ignoll

Feb 24, 2018
g'day to you sire *tip🎩*, sorry for the late response. Before flashing any custom recovery;
make sure your phone is unlocked,

- boot to bootloader,
- flash vbmeta.img (this assuming you will not be using realme UI or stock ROM in that case, because chances are you can't go back once you've flashed this image [although not entirely sure])
code here:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- finally, flash your custom recovery
code here:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <name of the file>.img

Now, I tried flashing twrp, but for some reason, it didn't work. I personally got recommended to use Pitch Black Recovery Project, basically a fork from twrp. It couldn't read my sdcard, but it has better ui compared to twrp. That said, you still can flash custom rom by adb shell through pbrp.

Attachments

• pbrp.img
    64 MB · Views: 12
  • vbmeta.img
    8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: ayambrand

Lyco.

Mar 13, 2021
g'day to you sire *tip🎩*, sorry for the late response. Before flashing any custom recovery;

- boot to bootloader,
- flash vbmeta.img (this assuming you will not be using realme UI or stock ROM in that case, because chances are you can't go back once you've flashed this image [although not entirely sure])
code here:
Code:
code here:
Code:

Now, I tried flashing twrp, but for some reason, it didn't work. I personally got recommended to use Pitch Black Recovery Project, basically a fork from twrp. It couldn't read my sdcard, but it has better ui compared to twrp. That said, you still can flash custom rom by adb shell through pbrp.
Do you a vbmeta.img for the latest patches b.59 or any guide to extract vbmeta, Just like you said the vbmeta corresponds with the patch.

Lyco.

Mar 13, 2021
I thought it depends on the patch. i just want to be careful i don't want to brick my device again btw the stock ozip is b.23 am i right?

- boot to bootloader,
code here:
Code:
code here:
Code:

- boot to bootloader,
code here:
Code:
code here:
Code:

Is this the stock vbmeta? Or do anyone have any?

Last edited:

HemanthJabalpuri

I thought it depends on the patch. i just want to be careful i don't want to brick my device again btw the stock ozip is b.23 am i right? Or do you have a stock vbmeta?
No, we don't need to modify anything to it.
--disable-verity and --disable-verification options to fastboot will patch it and flash automatically for you.
Also you can use vbmeta.img from any version of stock .ozip.
I am a Realme C12 user.

Thanks

Lyco.

Mar 13, 2021
No, we don't need to modify anything to it.
--disable-verity and --disable-verification options to fastboot will patch it and flash automatically for you.
Also you can use vbmeta.img from any version of stock .ozip.
I am a Realme C12 user.

Thanks
Ok so what would I do if pbrp didn't showed up? And goes to bootloop, Do i just need to flash ofp and use realme flash tool?
I'm a new at flashing firmware so sorry about that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I've been looking through this forum for quite a while, but I have yet to stumble upon a guide that can fix me up for taking the next step after the bootloader unlocking process. Yet, there's been lots of custom roms made for rmx2001. So here I'm with my unlocked rmx2001 or realme 6, wondering if I am missing out on something crucial for the next step because this is my first time doing something like this on a mediatek based phone. Kindly help me out pweese.. thank you;

Update:
    I've dwelled deep into the forest, fought clones of sundar pichai, then finally.. successfully flashed my phone with custom recovery.

- boot to bootloader,
    code here:
    Code:
    code here:
    Code: