• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Help! OnePlus 6T bricked/won't turn on [T-MOBILE]

Search This thread

TrippyAzN

Mar 7, 2013
Need Help! GF gave me her 1+6T, carrier locked to T-mobile. I have AT&T, so I attempted to unlock the device using this link :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xd...nternational-without-unlocked-bootloader/amp/

I read, followed, re-read the instructions. I kept getting the error 'Sahara communication failed'. I tried all 3 USB ports and made sure i had the correct drivers installed. The phone shows up and connects in the tool, then it gives me the error after starting the patch. Next i unplugged the phone and found it to be bricked. it wont turn on. I tried holding down the power button for 20 seconds, used button combinations, nothing. Yet it still shows up on my computer when plugged in using volume +/-

I tried using this method to unbrick:

https://www.xda-developers.com/unbrick-oneplus-6t-t-mobile-international/

Still bricked, and still gives me the same error.

What can i do? Please assist, my girlfriend is going to be pissed if i can't get this working lol. I need to get the phone working again + unlock to get my at&t sim card working on it. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I got the phone on!!! Now I just need getting the phone unlocked. Still getting the 'Sahara communication failed' error

**EDIT 2 : EVERYTHING IS SOLVED AND WORKING NOW YOU CAN DELETE THIS

Last edited:

Txdude35

Mar 5, 2017
Gorman
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Mine gives the usb device malfunctioned error. I have installed the qualcomm usb drivers. The MSM tool wont recognize it, and my phone wont boot in any other mode except EDL. It will not boot to bootloader or anything. Funny thing is, all I was trying to do was convert the T-Mobile version to international which I've done before. During that process, it hung at "recording downloading time". I let it go for 20 minutes, according to the guide it is supposed to take 5. I canceled the process, (I had done this one other time before, and it booted just fine) and now nothing works. Please help.