Help..Pixel XL in HS-USB QDloader 9008 mode.

Jun 2, 2018
West Allis
I thought my pixel was bricked after a bad flash of a custom rom... I ended up with no os. I could still boot into recovery tho and eventually, after hrs of banging my head against the wall got it to accept a flash all command. I believe thats what saved me honestly. But i really dk i actually woke up the next day after staying up the whole night trying to fix the no os problem to my pixel working perfectly. Super crazy. But i understand your pain... It doesnt boot into recovery at all??

wingman021280

Jul 6, 2015
Bucharest
Nop, when connected to PC I can hear the usb connected windows sound and device manager picks it up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.
ADB fails to list device also, so shell fails too.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>adb start-server
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\WINDOWS\system32>adb devices
List of devices attached

C:\WINDOWS\system32>adb shell cat proc/partitions
error: no devices/emulators found

winkyl

Nov 20, 2010
Hi all,

I happened to run to the exact problem as @wingman021280. I've been following this thread and try to revive my bricked Pixel XL 128gb.
No luck adb try to read the device when I plug my bricked pixel xl onto my PC. Try to power it on and off for holding the power button and getting into fastboot mode, no luck.
I got QFIL handy here and ready to fire up once someone willing to share that with me (mbn + 2 xml file).
I am more than happy to PayPal whoever that help me and @wingman021280 getting this issue to resolve a beer or 2.

Thanks in advance!

poebatfire

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah I haven't found anything either. I think it will take some time before someone share those.

Check this thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/yureka/help/question-qualcomm-download-mode-k-t3068040

This part:

2. REVIVING YOUR YU BACK

2.a NEW "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" MODE

As I said earlier, since our phone has a different partition layout, I don't know if the same process can be achieved. Also you'll have to pull the IMG from a working device.

You don't have a valid warranty? :(
How can I pull the IMG from a working phone?

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
If you contact tech dept with verizon they have copy of emmc file as I personally experience this when police wanted access to my phones contents so verizon gave them emmc file to my phone.Sean

Reactions: 535iu

royial

Nov 16, 2009
Hi,

I have 2 identical Pixel XL phones. One is working fine while the other is not working and when I connected it to the computer it's identified it as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008'.

Is it possible to extract the needed files for QFIL from the working Pixel? How I can do it?

Thank you so much!

davidcie

Sep 30, 2005
Warsaw
Have a look at any Xiaomi fastboot ROM. I firmly believe that the programmer and xml files cannot be extracted rom a working phone but are external tools only used when programming the phone at the factory or when repairing. It's a shame that Xiaomi does provide these essential files thus allowing users to debrick their phones but Google chose not to for whatever (IMO dubious) reason.

-sPhoeniX-

Sep 13, 2013
Rivne
Hi there! I got bricked tomorrow too. Just used my phone as always and got reboot with black screen after. PC detects Qulcomm 9008 loader.
So I need loader image too. As I can see there are no images for Pixel XL.
My friend has a Pixel XL, mabe he will help me with image then I share it for you all.
P.S. My GF has a Pixel (not XL) may be this image will be compatible who knows? (the specs of devices are same)

chikosneff

May 5, 2011
Add another one to the list...this is so frustrating... used my pixel xl before the holidays (it's my backup phone), then came back to it in early January to retrieve some data from it and it won't turn on....same thing as you guys. Should I loose all hope in retrieving my data ? I don't need the phone to actually booth I'd just need to be able to read the data partition when connected to a PC.

Benayahu123

Sep 8, 2019
I had that issue on my phone last year and I gave up, Just found it and tried to contact Google in order to get those files with no luck.
Did anyone solve the issue? :confused:

laughter95

Jan 7, 2010
Just got this HS-USB QDLoader issue after 3 years of use. Sudden death. No fixes, right? Looks like I'm going to wait for the iPhone 12 Max to release next month. Using my HTC One M7 from 2013 until then. I've been using Google phones since the Nexus One in 2010 but got unlucky hardware/software failures with my last two Google phones, the Huawei Nexus 6p and now this Pixel XL.

I guess Pixel phones, given their poor reliability, are OK for people who use their phones during manufacturer warranty periods (i.e. keep them for 2 years)?