Help! Please create a proper rooting guide.

Search This thread

dpkchahar

Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone! I am new to rooting and stuff, so can anyone please create a proper rooting guide for Asus ROG phone 3. Thanks in advance.

iamronin

Aug 1, 2015
Bumping up an old thread as I got my ROG3 yesterday and was able to unlock the bootloader today. Would like to know whether there's an updated rooting guide with TWRP and Magisk (for an Android 11 device). Failed to find a proper rooting guide and any help is welcome as I am bit scared of botching it somewhere.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
Bumping up an old thread as I got my ROG3 yesterday and was able to unlock the bootloader today. Would like to know whether there's an updated rooting guide with TWRP and Magisk (for an Android 11 device). Failed to find a proper rooting guide and any help is welcome as I am bit scared of botching it somewhere.

Haven't seen one but rooting the ROG 3 is fairly straight forward, no unusual steps involved beyond a standard root procedure. Unlock bootloader Extract the boot.img of your rom. Patch it with Magisk. Flash it to the device boot. Install the Magisk Manager app. Done. TWRP is of course recommended but optional for rooting.