help pleeeease i need some guidence

Search This thread

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A51
hi, im new new and honestly I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing...I did tech support way way way back in the day for Apple but as far as mobile devices...I have learned a lot in the last couple months but ... well here is my dilemma. some person hacked into my home network and my and my preteen daughters phones I got completely new devices new service providers new sim cards gone through multiple phones, xfinity routers, and gmails and phone numbers and social media and every time I do not take anything from a previous phone or Google or social media account and weird things keep happening, like someone else is linked to my phone or cloned it or something and I keep digging and researching and I've noticed something fairly new...my exhusband with whom I've reconnected to try to work things out all the sudden has secret developer accounts and email addresses and I kept finding coding or embedding codes wrote on paper or in his phones clipboard. it appears my last couple of phones have had custom ROM installed on them. how do I fix my devices

Solution
That's one hell of a run on sentence.
I don't bother trying to read poorly structured whatever it is.

Flash all phones to factory firmware Android 10 or higher.
Change all Google and Samsung if any passwords.
Flash latest update to router and reset password better yet don't use wifi.
Done
I truly appreciate you and your time to answer my post. How do I do what you have told me? Should I attempt it myself or should I take the phones to someone to have this done?

Arsenal420

May 5, 2014
"weird things keep happening, like someone else is linked to my phone or cloned it or something." How would you know any of this? Calls on your account that you didn't make? Linked? This is the only complaint you list.

Why would you be on his phone and how would you know about secret developer accounts (whatever they are)? Coding notes on paper and in his phone's clipboard? Custom roms that you don't know about?

I gotta tell you this doesn't seem like a real post. How can you know all that tech stuff but you don't know how to reset your phone and secure your network?

Reactions: blackhawk

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A51
well as I said I'm brand new and don't know much at all thanks for your time to reply but no I don't always know I naively assumed with a passcode my phone would be safe and safe with those closest to me but i just don't know how to explain what's been going on and how I found my A51 magically stuck in Oden mode when I woke up one morning this is why I am here asking for help please have a little compassion for us mere peasants. I have also had thousands of dollars stolen from my card account and I feel its all related also my I phone did not have service yet I was waiting for payday to get it going and when I did go to activate it...majically it already had a passcode put on it. I just need to know what to look for and how to get my Samsung going again because when I did a factory reset and went to enter my code it was wrong then tried to use my google acct....bet you can't guess what happened next...my effing google password was wrong. I just can't afford to buy another phone and my girls phones have had the same things happen to theirs.

• Angry

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020

Done

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    "weird things keep happening, like someone else is linked to my phone or cloned it or something." How would you know any of this? Calls on your account that you didn't make? Linked? This is the only complaint you list.

Why would you be on his phone and how would you know about secret developer accounts (whatever they are)? Coding notes on paper and in his phone's clipboard? Custom roms that you don't know about?

I gotta tell you this doesn't seem like a real post. How can you know all that tech stuff but you don't know how to reset your phone and secure your network?
    I only know what I do because since all this crazyness started with my phone I started looking things up and reading. I know how to reset my phone but it wouldn't fully reset like I noticed it would say it was resetting and it would shut off and restart but nothing was really different. the only reason I know about his accounts is because one morning I woke up and strangely my email had been deleted from my Facebook and one of his emails added and made the primary and I tried to readd mine and delete his and my gmail password had been changed so I had to recover my google he had, excuse me, someone had also made his gmail the back up to my gmail! according to my calculations that gives whoever has access to his gmail, access to my gmail. and my facebook. right? and as far as me knowing what's on is phone well A. Its actually my phone an service he is using and B. when I found his email added on my phone I told him what I found on my phone and Facebook and i asked to see his phone. At first I didn't really know what i was looking at and as I read up on things I would be like ohhhh that's what that was. I found my social and acct numbers on his phone its just all so....so crazy I wouldn't in a million years have thought he would do anything like this. I would just love to be able to eliminate the possibility its he who did any of this I want to be wrong about this I just don't know how to figure any of it out at one point the first phone affected by this I had gone into settings to get my phone info because I was adding a service plan to my phone and the IMIE number and some other information were not correct I was on the phone with a Rep so I reported it to her I don't know what she did with the info. I would google something click on it and it was like I was going in circles just redirected and redirected, I wild also notice my screen would like do this really quick like flash, or like the edges would flash or something. and right now when I try to do the lake recover and set up it looks like there is another screen or homepage underneath super faint but I can see it around the edges. I just want to know how to secure everything so this doesn't keep happening it feels so violating. I don't do any banking period anymore on my phone and I don't put my social security on any online forms anymore. I would like to be able to use my Samsung again i had only used it a couple weeks before got my iPhone which I got only because I was told how great their security was. within 24 hours it was showing me logged in my Apple acct in other countries and states

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I've gone to more malware infested sites then I can count, have plenty of mortal enemies, some them hackers.
    But in over 10 years of using stock Samsung Androids many times with outdated firmware never had to do a factory reset let alone a reflash due to malware.
    It's reasonable secure unless you do something stupid.

Perhaps the enemy is within... I gave you a viable solution for any firmware or security breach.
    Unfortunately you can't change who you are and you can only trust someone to be themselves.

Perhaps a flip phone with no internet connection would get it for you.

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    I've gone to more malware infested sites then I can count, have plenty of mortal enemies, some them hackers.
    But in over 10 years of using stock Samsung Androids many times with outdated firmware never had to do a factory reset let alone a reflash due to malware.
    It's reasonable secure unless you do something stupid.

Perhaps the enemy is within... I gave you a viable solution for any firmware or security breach.
    Unfortunately you can't change who you are and you can only trust someone to be themselves.

Perhaps a flip phone with no internet connection would get it for you.
    Can I show you screenshots of stuff I just found on this phone and you can tell me what I'm looking at and if its normal and the only reason I found out this phone is running a custom ROM is because I clicked on Google help for something the other day and it said "Note: You're using a custom Android version. If these steps don't work for you, check with your device manufacturer" I've never had issues like this before and I just don't know what to do.

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    The screenshots I took are from settings and in legal information and Third party licenses. I just want someone with way more skills and knowledge than I to see what I'm seeing and tell me "yeah someones jacked with your phone" or "nope this stuff is all normal looks good you're just paranoid"

Last edited:

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51

Done
    I truly appreciate you and your time to answer my post. How do I do what you have told me? Should I attempt it myself or should I take the phones to someone to have this done?

Solution

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    For this issue, find cops.

Don't factory reset, don't connect to internet, don't use WIFI, don't use bluetooth, don't use microSD cards, don't put a SIM card, take the cards out of the phones. Disconnect everything that will make the phone has internet. Charging battery is allowed. Turn off your home WIFI router, shutoff all electricity of your house.

The phone itself is the proof of illegal acts if what you said someone hijack your belongings are true.

Reactions: Tab E

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    Just in case if you really follow what I wrote.

If you can't live without electricity, turn electricity back on.
    Actually I did go to the police a while back because I was concerned for my girls safety because we were having screen shots of our screens pop up on our devices...they're girls and young and I just wanted to make sure they're protected and there was documentation. I'm surmising by your response I must be sounding crazy and dumb, I don't know I just know what we have had happen and I can't explain it and we've never had issues like this ever before. Maybe it's just best if I ignore what's going on and what we see and continue using our phones like nothing ever happened and just don't save any passwords or enter any sensitive info. I do thank you for taking your time to respond to my post and assisting me.

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    Actually I did go to the police a while back because I was concerned for my girls safety because we were having screen shots of our screens pop up on our devices...they're girls and young and I just wanted to make sure they're protected and there was documentation. I'm surmising by your response I must be sounding crazy and dumb, I don't know I just know what we have had happen and I can't explain it and we've never had issues like this ever before. Maybe it's just best if I ignore what's going on and what we see and continue using our phones like nothing ever happened and just don't save any passwords or enter any sensitive info. I do thank you for taking your time to respond to my post and assisting me.
    The screen shots that showed up on our phones were not taken by us or our phones I got a barrage of those for a few days. That doesn't really happen much anymore, now I get what feels like tons of prompts to verify or sign in. Screenshot_20210611-113222.png is this normal I've never had a warning like that before but I'm also new to this site so I don't know and thought I would ask

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

Buy new phones from local official shops for better privacy. Change system. If you were using Android now, change to Apple. Security between OS is different and hard to replicate hijack or something.
    Online account is a bit complicated, but can still be dealt with cops.

Write your importance in priority order, so you know how to judge what you can give up and what you cannot. Also you will be able to plan according to importance.

For example:
    Girls' safety > your safety > Privacy > Phone > Money
    (Write it yourself, I'm not you.)

When people are in extreme emotions/state, one can forget basic things. Don't look at the past peaceful days, you can't change the past.

Even wondering why you trust someone online rather than cops. The person can be among us, and can have been reading till now.

• Haha

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    Buy new phones from local official shops for better privacy. Change system. If you were using Android now, change to Apple. Security between OS is different and hard to replicate hijack or something.

Write your importance in priority order, so you know how to judge what you can give up and what you cannot. Also you will be able to plan according to importance.

For example:

When people are in extreme emotions/state, one can forget basic things. Don't look at the past peaceful days, you can't change the past.

Even wondering why you trust someone online rather than cops. The person can be among us, and can have been reading till now.
    A- I couldn't give a single F if he is among us reading...its a good possibility even.
    2- The cops in this town are the last people to be trusted... Unless of course your a fellow officer who murdered your wife...then your good. I'll take my chances with you guys.
    C- I recovered one of my phones today got it all fresh and clean. I properly secured it and now am more aware and have acquired a little more knowledge. You are absolutely correct about prioritizing, so simple and basic yet easy to jumble up when you feel frantic or threatened. Just had to slow down take a breath pull myself together and now I feel pretty confidant my girls are safe, that is my number one priority. I feel I come across as simpleton to some of you. yes I may lack the knowledge and technical skills you and many others here have, I do however have perseverance and absolute willingness to learn and ability to be taught so in my eyes I'm alright man. I accomplished some goals today and with thanks to you guys here even though some of you come across as condescending, I still like yous anyway.

Last edited:

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Children lack the social and technical wherewithal to use these devices safely.
    That's why they are called children... they have a lot to learn.
    It's your job to control the heat and keep it survivable even if it means no unsupervised internet usage.

I know a lot of good LEOs, many more good than bad. To bunch them together is a huge lapse in judgement with far reaching consequences.
    It will not serve you well... learn to walk in the other man's shoes.

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    Children lack the social and technical wherewithal to use these devices safely.
    That's why they are called children... they have a lot to learn.
    It's your job to control the heat and keep it survivable even if it means no unsupervised internet usage.

I know a lot of good LEOs, many more good than bad. To bunch them together is a huge lapse in judgement with far reaching consequences.
    It will not serve you well... learn to walk in the other man's shoes.

BettyDont

Jun 10, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy A51
    I hear what your saying and am listening as well. Man I got my answers this morning.. Not the answer I was hoping for. Sadly I wish I wasn't in my own shoes right now. Once again i thank you all. It felt at times like this all was never going to end and I was going to end up with a land line, a mac 184k and a straight jacket. You guys have a good day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Custom ROMs can't install themselves... it takes the phone, a PC and some time.
      I know where my phone is 24/7... do you?

If true reflash to stock firmware.

For this issue, find cops.

Don't factory reset, don't connect to internet, don't use WIFI, don't use bluetooth, don't use microSD cards, don't put a SIM card, take the cards out of the phones. Disconnect everything that will make the phone has internet. Charging battery is allowed. Turn off your home WIFI router, shutoff all electricity of your house.

The phone itself is the proof of illegal acts if what you said someone hijack your belongings are true.
      Just in case if you really follow what I wrote.

If you can't live without electricity, turn electricity back on.

For example:

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone