[Help] Poco X3 Bootloader Unlock (Indian Variant)

Bananatoes49

Jul 26, 2020
Hello,

I’ve an issue unlocking the POCO X3 Bootloader. Please help if you can.
Below are the device details:
• Model – Xiaomi POCO X3
• MIUI Version – 12.0.2
• Android Version – 10
Below are the things I have done:
• Setup Mi account with my SIM Card option
• Turned on all Sync options available – Notes, Contacts etc
• ‘Find my Device’ is also working
• Mi account is successfully added to the device from Mi Unlock Status page
• OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging, USB Debugging (Security settings), Install via USB.. these options are enabled in Developer settings
• After this on connecting the app to Mi unlock tool, I’m able to sign into the Mi tool, after clicking on unlock, it goes to 99% and then throws this error.. couldn't unlock please add your account in miui settings
• I have also tried factory reset, and I have also tried making another Mi account with another SIM card.. the situation is still the same.
Please advise!
Verify that on your phone and in the flash tool it's the same id for your mi account

Adithya R

Apr 3, 2015
Bangalore
Same issue on a poco x3 (karna) that arrived just today from Flipkart. I tried mine and my mom's Mi account, both just show the toast "Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now" but Mi Unlock says its not. I'm on MIUI 12.0.5.0. Hope poco resolves this issue ASAP as 1 week on miui itself is quite a long wait period and I don't want to wait further than that to unlock my bootloader and switch to an AOSP-based ROM.

shiwik

Sep 25, 2017
My phone is a week old and the same issue persists. Not sure if there is a work around. I have downgraded the unlock too version to no avail

Hi @mihirpaldhikar
I have just received my X3 but I am still not getting the December Update 12.0.8.0 and my phone is still in 12.0.5.0 and due to this I am unable to unlock the boot loader.

Anyone else who has been able to upgrade to 12.0.8.0 and get their boot loader unlocked please let me know.
Many Users are facing the problem of not getting 12.0.8.0 update. I was able to successfully update to 12.0.8.0 as soon as the update was arrived and my bootloader is unlocked too. Try manually installing the update.

Reactions: adityaduggal

adityaduggal

Aug 12, 2011
New Delhi
www.rigpl.com
Many Users are facing the problem of not getting 12.0.8.0 update. I was able to successfully update to 12.0.8.0 as soon as the update was arrived and my bootloader is unlocked too. Try manually installing the update.
Thanks @mihirpaldhikar For the suggestion. Yes I indeed updated my phone to the latest update 12.0.8.0 but since it was not coming automatically I had to download the update manually and install. After updating to 12.0.8.0 I was a given a wait time for 1 week which should end in the next 5 hours.

But since I was able to get to the point of waiting I can safely say that there was an issue with the version of MIUI.

Any good roms you would suggest for karna.

Thanks @mihirpaldhikar For the suggestion. Yes I indeed updated my phone to the latest update 12.0.8.0 but since it was not coming automatically I had to download the update manually and install. After updating to 12.0.8.0 I was a given a wait time for 1 week which should end in the next 5 hours.

But since I was able to get to the point of waiting I can safely say that there was an issue with the version of MIUI.

Any good roms you would suggest for karna.
All are using mostly Arrow OS now because it's more stable and battery efficient. But I am currently using Pixel Experience Beta Android 11.Which is pretty good as you can expect from Pixel Experience, but as in beta there are some bugs out there. Like fast battery drain issue than normal and dual speaker problem. I am using Strombreaker kernel with Pixel Experience which mostly solves the all bug problems. I would recommend Pixel Experience with Strombreaker as a custom kernel.

Reactions: adityaduggal

Kushagra $

Jun 24, 2016
i dont have any option to flash manually , in update section . by the way same problem of bootloader, (bind your account and try again). i tired around 4 sim and 4 new accounts , nothing works , so trying to update this to 12.0.8.0. but no able to get the option of manually flashing . hElP pLzzZZ

i dont have any option to flash manually , in update section . by the way same problem of bootloader, (bind your account and try again). i tired around 4 sim and 4 new accounts , nothing works , so trying to update this to 12.0.8.0. but no able to get the option of manually flashing . hElP pLzzZZ
There should be an option in the overflow menu if not then then try tapping multiple times in the MIUI 12 logo. You will also need the firmware to flash which can be downloaded from official group of POCO X3 Global telegram group.

Kushagra $

Jun 24, 2016
There should be an option in the overflow menu if not then then try tapping multiple times in the MIUI 12 logo. You will also need the firmware to flash which can be downloaded from official group of POCO X3 Global telegram group.

i have 2.21 gb file of miui 12.0.8.0 , and i am trying to flash it with mi pc suite, can anyone plzz , guide me , its still new :)

i have 2.21 gb file of miui 12.0.8.0 , and i am trying to flash it with mi pc suite, can anyone plzz , guide me , its still new :)
  1. Transfer the download .zip file to your phone, and ensure you place the file in the “downloaded_rom” folder in the internal storage of your device. If no such folder exists, create one in your internal storage base directory.
  2. Within your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update, and then press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, and select “Choose Update Package”.
  3. If the “Choose Update Package” option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option.
  4. Choose the downloaded .zip file.
  5. Wait for the update to install.
Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...:text=Within your phone, navigate to,zip file.

Zeper

Jan 5, 2018
Hey Guys,
I'm using this thread becauseI'm facing some issues trying to unlock my bootloader too. But my problem is the following: after strating the process of unlocking and getting the well-known message "Wait for 168h", every time I try to access the menu "Mi Unlock status" under Developer options, I get the following error message (see attached photo) and the only way I find to pass this is to logout/login my Mi account and by doing that, the whole process must be started again.
Any suggestions to solve this?
Thanks!

Attachments

deb02raj

Mar 8, 2018
I bought POCO X3 (karna) today and updated it to 12.0.8.0. then followed all steps but no lock. It is showing add Mi account to your device. What to do?

Kushagra $

Jun 24, 2016
I bought POCO X3 (karna) today and updated it to 12.0.8.0. then followed all steps but no lock. It is showing add Mi account to your device. What to do?

i did it , i used my grandmothers sim card to create a fresh account and update it to 12.0.8.0 and last night i got 168 hours timeout so wish for the best , now i will try to unlock after 168 hours.

Kushagra $

Jun 24, 2016
  1. Transfer the download .zip file to your phone, and ensure you place the file in the “downloaded_rom” folder in the internal storage of your device. If no such folder exists, create one in your internal storage base directory.
  2. Within your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update, and then press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, and select “Choose Update Package”.
  3. If the “Choose Update Package” option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option.
  4. Choose the downloaded .zip file.
  5. Wait for the update to install.
Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-sideload-official-android-software-update-stock-rom/how-to-install-stock-official-miui-android-update-xiaomi-mi-redmi-smartphones/#:~:text=Within your phone, navigate to,zip file.
thanks sir , thank you , now i am wating for 168 to get completed and finally updated to 12.0.8.0 ,, and i did it with new sim so yeeh , thanks to u../...........

Reactions: mihirpaldhikar
Hey Guys,
I'm using this thread becauseI'm facing some issues trying to unlock my bootloader too. But my problem is the following: after strating the process of unlocking and getting the well-known message "Wait for 168h", every time I try to access the menu "Mi Unlock status" under Developer options, I get the following error message (see attached photo) and the only way I find to pass this is to logout/login my Mi account and by doing that, the whole process must be started again.
Any suggestions to solve this?
Thanks!
You shouldn't interfere with the Locked device setting in the developer option once you have got 168 hours waiting time. Let it be. Don't try binding account again and again.