[Help] Poco X3 Bootloader Unlock (Indian Variant)

Search This thread

oprz_5

Could someone please guide me in flashing a custom rom?

I have Poco X3 Indian Variant on 12.0.8.0. Yet to unlock the bootloader, waiting for 168Hr window period to be over.

1. Once unlocked, can I starightaway fastboot orangefox recovery? Are there any specific precautions needed?
2. Is it necessary to decrypt? If so can I use the 12.0.7.0 vendor or do i need to wait for 12.0.8.. vendor?
3. In Rom forums, it says to format data after flashing the rom. Does it mean I have to format my internal storage after every rom flash?

I have been going through multiple threads, unable to find satisfactory answers.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
2. necessary? no, optional; about vendor is your choice
3. while using encrypted storage, format data is necessary after flashing a new ROM, that will erase your internal storage (it is a format after all)

so it's wise to backup your internal storage before and restore after format data, or you can choose to use decrypted vendor (or using decryption fix, which must be flashed always after flashing a new ROM), on unencrypted storage is enough to use wipe data, so your media content is preserved

Last edited:
Reactions: oprz_5

oprz_5

Thank you for the detailed eply.

1. Recovery part is clear.

2. So, once recovery is installed, I have to flash decrypted vendor, custom rom, format data and done. And once decrypted, I wont have to format data every time I flash a new rom. Is this right?

3. IS it ok to flash 12.0.7.0 decrypted vendor on my Poco with 12.0.8.0 stock rom?

Sorry for my doubts, but thanks again in advance.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
Thank you for the detailed eply.

1. Recovery part is clear.

2. So, once recovery is installed, I have to flash decrypted vendor, custom rom, format data and done. And once decrypted, I wont have to format data every time I flash a new rom. Is this right?

3. IS it ok to flash 12.0.7.0 decrypted vendor on my Poco with 12.0.8.0 stock rom?

Sorry for my doubts, but thanks again in advance.
2. if you flash decrypted vendor it will stay there until overwrite by new version (normal or decrypted) and will behave as expected - decrypted storage will stay decrypted after flashing a new ROM, if you overwrite decrypted vendor by normal one, your internal storage will be encrypted on next boot
3. so you don't need to solve this continuous dilemma with this vendor or that vendor - learn to use decryption fix, that way you can always have latest vendor and still have decrypted storage (but initial format data is necessary, so be prepared for that) and your flashing routine will always be: flash rom followed by flash decryption fix

Reactions: oprz_5

oprz_5

2. if you flash decrypted vendor it will stay there until overwrite by new version (normal or decrypted) and will behave as expected - decrypted storage will stay decrypted after flashing a new ROM, if you overwrite decrypted vendor by normal one, your internal storage will be encrypted on next boot
3. so you don't need to solve this continuous dilemma with this vendor or that vendor - learn to use decryption fix, that way you can always have latest vendor and still have decrypted storage (but initial format data is necessary, so be prepared for that) and your flashing routine will always be: flash rom followed by flash decryption fix
Thank you so much.

MH Toufiq

Feb 22, 2021
I want to install corvus os for pubg.. Is it safe?
And can i unlock bootloader just now??plz reply..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone can confirm this is solved after Dec update rolled out?? TIA.
    Yes, after 12.0.8.0 Update, users are now able to unlock bootloder without any problem.
    Hi @mihirpaldhikar
    I have just received my X3 but I am still not getting the December Update 12.0.8.0 and my phone is still in 12.0.5.0 and due to this I am unable to unlock the boot loader.

Anyone else who has been able to upgrade to 12.0.8.0 and get their boot loader unlocked please let me know.
    Many Users are facing the problem of not getting 12.0.8.0 update. I was able to successfully update to 12.0.8.0 as soon as the update was arrived and my bootloader is unlocked too. Try manually installing the update.
    Thanks @mihirpaldhikar For the suggestion. Yes I indeed updated my phone to the latest update 12.0.8.0 but since it was not coming automatically I had to download the update manually and install. After updating to 12.0.8.0 I was a given a wait time for 1 week which should end in the next 5 hours.

But since I was able to get to the point of waiting I can safely say that there was an issue with the version of MIUI.

Any good roms you would suggest for karna.
    All are using mostly Arrow OS now because it's more stable and battery efficient. But I am currently using Pixel Experience Beta Android 11.Which is pretty good as you can expect from Pixel Experience, but as in beta there are some bugs out there. Like fast battery drain issue than normal and dual speaker problem. I am using Strombreaker kernel with Pixel Experience which mostly solves the all bug problems. I would recommend Pixel Experience with Strombreaker as a custom kernel.
    1. Transfer the download .zip file to your phone, and ensure you place the file in the “downloaded_rom” folder in the internal storage of your device. If no such folder exists, create one in your internal storage base directory.
    2. Within your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update, and then press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, and select “Choose Update Package”.
    3. If the “Choose Update Package” option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option.
    4. Choose the downloaded .zip file.
    5. Wait for the update to install.
    Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-sideload-official-android-software-update-stock-rom/how-to-install-stock-official-miui-android-update-xiaomi-mi-redmi-smartphones/#:~:text=Within your phone, navigate to,zip file.
    thanks sir , thank you , now i am wating for 168 to get completed and finally updated to 12.0.8.0 ,, and i did it with new sim so yeeh , thanks to u../...........
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot boot recovery.img
    2. necessary? no, optional; about vendor is your choice
    3. while using encrypted storage, format data is necessary after flashing a new ROM, that will erase your internal storage (it is a format after all)

so it's wise to backup your internal storage before and restore after format data, or you can choose to use decrypted vendor (or using decryption fix, which must be flashed always after flashing a new ROM), on unencrypted storage is enough to use wipe data, so your media content is preserved