[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]
redLine.png
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created to assist owners of:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]The Xiaomi Redmi 3[/SIZE]
Redmi3.png

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant

Helpful information for your device:
Specifications on GSM Arena: 2 GB variant | 3 GB variant (Pro)

Also visit The Index Project thread with a lot off additional info

ᴥ Please feel free to Ask Away anything about your device ᴥ

Last edited:

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
[SIZE=+2]Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)[/SIZE]​
NOTE: This is still WIP and may subject to change without any notification.

Q: How many variants of Redmi 3?
A: There are ONLY two variants of Redmi 3: The regular one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, and Prime/Pro one with 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and fingerprint support. Both of them have same codename (ido).

Q: Why the 3GB variant named Prime/Pro?
A: The actual intention is to distinguish the 3GB variant from 2GB (regular) one. It has been already like that since Mi Note era, where Pro variant brings better hardware than the regular one.

Q: How to reboot to recovery mode?
A: If you've flashed TWRP, you could access recovery mode by the combo of Vol(+) + Vol(-) + Power button at the same time.

Q: Will Redmi 3 ROM work on Redmi 3S?
A: No, it won't. Redmi 3S is shipped with different hardware. I'm looking on you, newcomers who are unable to view properly the subforum/thread name.

Last edited:

paeschli

Mar 15, 2015
I can't boot into recovery mode after flashing TWRP. When I hold power up and power, the phone just shows me the MI logo and nothing happens.

Last edited:

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
I can't boot into recovery mode after flashing TWRP. When I hold power up and power, the phone just shows me the MI logo and nothing happens.
I also have the same thing. However, fastboot commands seems to workaround it.
Code:
$ fastboot boot <recovery-name>

Other way is to reboot to recovery from the OS.

EDIT: Someone below me has the true answer.

Regards.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA Labs

Last edited:
C

CallMeBb

What's the camera sensor using on rear camera?
What's the problem no F2FS on system while switching on TWRP?
And how much battery drain on CM?

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
What's the camera sensor using on rear camera?
What's the problem no F2FS on system while switching on TWRP?
And how much battery drain on CM?
1) Maybe someone after me knows that...
2) Switching system partition to F2FS is worthless; ROM script may format it back to ext4 upon flashing ROM.
3) Battery life depends on your usage, configuration, and many more. I'm unable to measure it on my Redmi 3 Pro because I always flash test kernels I compiled.

Regards.

C

CallMeBb

1) Maybe someone after me knows that...
2) Switching system partition to F2FS is worthless; ROM script may format it back to ext4 upon flashing ROM.
3) Battery life depends on your usage, configuration, and many more. I'm unable to measure it on my Redmi 3 Pro because I always flash test kernels I compiled.

Regards.

I try when used MIUI before, then go to Mechanical Mode (CMIIW, the sensor on rear is untitle except for front camera is using qtech sensor.

Your redmi 3 is not for daily use? I hope it you continue custom kernel since this device is still low devs support :)

Oh yes one more question:
Does tweak camer.zip for Redmi 3 is usable huh? i found it on yandex cloud :D

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Your redmi 3 is not for daily use? I hope it you continue custom kernel since this device is still low devs support :)

Oh yes one more question:
Does tweak camer.zip for Redmi 3 is usable huh? i found it on yandex cloud :D
1) It's my backup driver. I only use it if my ZenFone 2 goes in the trouble, after all.
2) Sure. I just wonder why no one wants to do it. zhafron is banned, yantz only for MIUI (?), also Sensei is going nowhere with it's sources nuked. So, I guess I'll be the only solo player on LineageOS 14.1, LOL.
3) I never heard it until today. So, I didn't test it yet.

Regards.

Last edited:
C

CallMeBb

1) It's my backup driver. I only use it if my ZenFone 2 goes in the trouble, after all.
2) Sure. I just wonder why no one wants to do it. zhafron is banned, yantz only for MIUI (?), also Sensei is going nowhere with it's sources nuked. So, I guess I'll be the only solo player on LineageOS 14.1, LOL.
3) I never heard it until today. So, I didn't test it yet.

Regards.

Weeee...zhafron is doing mistake
Compared to mi4i is same 61x family but our devce not getting attention, and compard other redmi (sadly :( )

I I found that Redmi 3 Pro (maybe non pro too) have s5k3l8, a Samsung sensor, the pther device like Redmi 4,Redmi 3X, Redmi Note 4 (the 64 gb has too) using this sensor
You can see this :
https://www.kimovil.com/es/listado-moviles-por-modelo-de-lente/samsung-s5k3l8
https://s.kaskus.id/r540x540/images/2017/01/08/1974787_201701081050400608.jpg

Also fix the front camera when so darky is available guide on guide forum, you can add it :D

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Weeee...zhafron is doing mistake
Compared to mi4i is same 61x family but our devce not getting attention, and compard other redmi (sadly :( )

I I found that Redmi 3 Pro (maybe non pro too) have s5k3l8, a Samsung sensor, the pther device like Redmi 4,Redmi 3X, Redmi Note 4 (the 64 gb has too) using this sensor
You can see this :
https://www.kimovil.com/es/listado-moviles-por-modelo-de-lente/samsung-s5k3l8
https://s.kaskus.id/r540x540/images/2017/01/08/1974787_201701081050400608.jpg

Also fix the front camera when so darky is available guide on guide forum, you can add it :D
1) Absolutely yes. Probably due to his ROM's download links.
2) Actually the difficulty on building kernels on SD615 and SD616 is nearly same. Shown by how easy I include thunderplug from tomato, and how I cherry-pick commits from faizauthar's kernel for Mi4i.
3) Will try.

Regards.

callmejones

May 19, 2015
i have a redmi 3 pro with 6.7.21 beta by xiaomi.eu here...
not sure which rom to flash. i have a twrp installed. does that mean the bootloader is unlocked for sure? what's the easiest way to check bootloader status? can i flash any room with twrp? thanks.

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
i have a redmi 3 pro with 6.7.21 beta by xiaomi.eu here...
not sure which rom to flash. i have a twrp installed. does that mean the bootloader is unlocked for sure? what's the easiest way to check bootloader status? can i flash any room with twrp? thanks.
You could check it on a simple menu in MIUI's developer options.

C

CallMeBb

Doom question :
How i can get 4G on Beta MIUI version ( version : 7.1.19 ) without change device name on build prop?
i tried how to get 4G on same guide in this xda but nothing happen :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Switch off your phone then hold Vol +, Vol - and power.
    kras is there any way to improve our camera quality?like google camera perhaps?or something?
    If only HAL1 support isn't forced, we can try enable HAL3 with build.prop edit and use ported Google Camera and see the results. Otherwise I don't know.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone