Help Recovering my Droid-X (wont boot past M Logo) - Root+ROM somehow?

Search This thread

ender87i

Mar 12, 2014
Portland
So I pulled out my old Droid-X today to use for secondary reasons (rooting, development, etc)..
Unfortunately, after charging and attempting to power on, it hangs at the "M" (Motorola) Logo Screen indefinitely!
:crying:
I AM however able to power it on into the Recovery options!!
(I whiped the system Cache but it didn't help)..

Anyhow..
At this point, I want to explore options how to Recover the phone - ways to Root it and load a Custom ROM.
Unfortunately though, I am NOT ABLE to access the Phone's Settings to allow Debug mode, or allow Third-party apps, etc..

So is there a way to Recover the phone by Rooting+Custom ROM, considering it wont Boot past the "M" Logo?

Any and all help is VERY MUCH appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Jan 11, 2016
khatima
So I pulled out my old Droid-X today to use for secondary reasons (rooting, development, etc)..
Unfortunately, after charging and attempting to power on, it hangs at the "M" (Motorola) Logo Screen indefinitely!
:crying:
I AM however able to power it on into the Recovery options!!
(I whiped the system Cache but it didn't help)..

Anyhow..
At this point, I want to explore options how to Recover the phone - ways to Root it and load a Custom ROM.
Unfortunately though, I am NOT ABLE to access the Phone's Settings to allow Debug mode, or allow Third-party apps, etc..

So is there a way to Recover the phone by Rooting+Custom ROM, considering it wont Boot past the "M" Logo?

Any and all help is VERY MUCH appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

hello!!
As you said the phone isn't booting up.
so i may recommend you flashing a stock rom first through the working recovery.
or if you want to have a custom one then it will let you do so through the fastboot
( but device should be rooted!).
if you are interested to install a custom rom that can be done but you need to reflash your phone to the stock rom.
that's the fix.

ender87i

Mar 12, 2014
Portland
Thanks for the reply! So when you say to "flash a stock rom", you're just saying to boot up into the recovery menu using the volume key, and simply selecting the factory wipe/restore option? Correct? From there, (assuming it was able to successfully flash to stock and boot up completely), I would then be able to achieve root and flash a new rom.. Sounds simple enough. Thanks. Also though, you said "or if you want to have a custom one then it will let you do so through the fastboot" -- how exactly would I go about doing that? ..you say "but device should be rooted" which it's not. So I'm guessing that makes the 2nd option impossible, meaning I only have 1 option, which is the factory wipe, is this correct?
Thanks! :good:

hello!!
As you said the phone isn't booting up.
so i may recommend you flashing a stock rom first through the working recovery.
or if you want to have a custom one then it will let you do so through the fastboot ( but device should be rooted!).
if you are interested to install a custom rom that can be done but you need to reflash your phone to the stock rom.
that's the fix.

Jan 11, 2016
khatima
Thanks for the reply! So when you say to "flash a stock rom", you're just saying to boot up into the recovery menu using the volume key, and simply selecting the factory wipe/restore option? Correct? From there, (assuming it was able to successfully flash to stock and boot up completely), I would then be able to achieve root and flash a new rom.. Sounds simple enough. Thanks. Also though, you said "or if you want to have a custom one then it will let you do so through the fastboot" -- how exactly would I go about doing that? ..you say "but device should be rooted" which it's not. So I'm guessing that makes the 2nd option impossible, meaning I only have 1 option, which is the factory wipe, is this correct?
Thanks! :good:

Just booting into recovery and factory reset is not the method .you need to flash a stock ROM from the update option.
Then only you will boot. Here is the link to the stock ROM (gingerbread)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1517985
Hope it might help.
Download file( PC) put it on sdcard and flash it. Done.
Then you can install CM 11 on your device after you root it through kingoroot once you install this stock ROM
You can also yourself search for stock ROM for droid X if this didn't helped.
Good luck:good:
Hit thanks if helped