[Help] Remix OS 3.0 - How to enable HDD access for Desktop users?

Search This thread

Digong

Jun 26, 2016
Hi,

I have been using Remix OS for weeks now. It is an amazing operating system. I have tried Linux and Mac as an alternative for Windows, and only Remix OS made me use use it as my main OS. I would keep it as my main OS but I have this major annoyance with the latest version. For some reason, I could not access my secondary hard drive. This sucks because that's were I keep all my files and downloads. If someone could please post a working guide on how to enable it, I would be very thankful.

Thank you.

xSilverLight

May 25, 2014
I'm currently using StickMount & works perfect, except for one thing... SD Maid: I don't know to do to the System Cleaner section not recognize the other partitions... tried adding them to the exclusions but does'nt work, I can only unmount then remount.

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
I'm currently using StickMount & works perfect, except for one thing... SD Maid: I don't know to do to the System Cleaner section not recognize the other partitions... tried adding them to the exclusions but does'nt work, I can only unmount then remount.

What are you excluding? /sdcard/usbStorage/ or /data/media/0/usbStorage/

Digong

Jun 26, 2016

Thank you. I will give it a try and I will post the results. I am currently running 403 64-bit. I'll play around with StickMount first before I reinstall 3.0

xSilverLight

May 25, 2014
Thank you. I will give it a try and I will post the results. I am currently running 403 64-bit. I'll play around with StickMount first before I reinstall 3.0

Hope it work for you, good luck ;)

Some apps can be a bit odd when using root (and not follow symlinks); /sdcard should be a symlink to /data/media/0 so that might work here...

Yes xD, hope it works, I'll try in a while.. I'm still in Windows :fingers-crossed:

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Hi,

I have been using Remix OS for weeks now. It is an amazing operating system. I have tried Linux and Mac as an alternative for Windows, and only Remix OS made me use use it as my main OS. I would keep it as my main OS but I have this major annoyance with the latest version. For some reason, I could not access my secondary hard drive. This sucks because that's were I keep all my files and downloads. If someone could please post a working guide on how to enable it, I would be very thankful.

Thank you.

First follow directions here: http://xdaforums.com/remix/remix-os/guide-modify-remix-3-0-101-t3428553
Next install SuperSU from Play Store
Next install StickMount from Play Store
In StickMount mount mass storage devices
You will find your drives in folder called usbStorage

Sent from my on Z00A using XDA Labs

Reactions: Digong

Digong

Jun 26, 2016
First follow directions here: http://xdaforums.com/remix/remix-os/guide-modify-remix-3-0-101-t3428553

lollyjay,

i tried to follow the command and i got an error:

i am sure about the path, cause i have always converted RemixOS to NTFS without issues.
Please advise.

Digong

Jun 26, 2016
lollyjay,

i tried to follow the command and i got an error:

i am sure about the path, cause i have always converted RemixOS to NTFS without issues.
Please advise.

Ignore my posted screenshot above. I got it resolved by moving the RMXTools folder to the desktop instead of my secondary hard drive.
@lollyjay, xSilverlight thanks for your help guys. It worked. I am using Solid Explorer as my File Manager and although it is no longer showing by default, I can always add it to bookmark for easy access.

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Ignore my posted screenshot above. I got it resolved by moving the RMXTools folder to the desktop instead of my secondary hard drive.

@lollyjay, xSilverlight thanks for your help guys. It worked. I am using Solid Explorer as my File Manager and although it is no longer showing by default, I can always add it to bookmark for easy access.
Very glad to see you solved it

youling257

Nov 16, 2013
edit fstab.remix_x86,fstab.remix_x86_64,https://source.android.com/devices/storage/config.html
cd /sys/dev/block ,ls -al,cd /sys/block
example fstab
none /cache tmpfs nosuid,nodev,noatime defaults

/devices/*/usb*/* auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=userdata
/devices/platform/*/mmc* auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=userdata
/devices/*/* auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=userdata

I don't HDD should /device/platform/……,you can cd /sys/block,ls -al

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160731-005504.png
    Screenshot_20160731-005504.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20160731-005442.png
    Screenshot_20160731-005442.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thank you.