HELP ROOT MOTO ONE 5g ACE (XT2113-2) Android 10 from T-Mobile

Search This thread

vansteering

May 2, 2022
Moto G 5G
Hello: I'm using the guide clintongsan made to root a usa moto one 5g ace android 10 purchased in april 2022 from a T-mobile store here in the south on the east side of the mississippi river.
My build number is QZKS30.Q4-40-95-9 The last build number on this link
( https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/kiev/official/TMO/ ) is QZKS30.Q4-40-95-6 with a
date of 02/11/2022. Will that work for me since I have 95-9 and that one is 95-6 There is a grayed out statement that there are 68 more subfolders but I don't know how to access it to see if my build is there. Also on the Motorola website for unlocking the bootloader, Get your device ID, there are examples for compacting the lines of code into a long string. The examples are for Windows and Mac. I'm using a Linux laptop and no example exists. The Moto site gives a link to download SDK tools. Is there a site where I can download the minimum tools required? Probably more questions to follow for sure. Thank you

InvisibleAOD

May 23, 2021
Lenovo Legion Duel
Hello: I'm using the guide clintongsan made to root a usa moto one 5g ace android 10 purchased in april 2022 from a T-mobile store here in the south on the east side of the mississippi river.
( https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/kiev/official/TMO/ ) is QZKS30.Q4-40-95-6 with a
date of 02/11/2022. Will that work for me since I have 95-9 and that one is 95-6 There is a grayed out statement that there are 68 more subfolders but I don't know how to access it to see if my build is there. Also on the Motorola website for unlocking the bootloader, Get your device ID, there are examples for compacting the lines of code into a long string. The examples are for Windows and Mac. I'm using a Linux laptop and no example exists. The Moto site gives a link to download SDK tools. Is there a site where I can download the minimum tools required? Probably more questions to follow for sure. Thank you
Honestly I've been trying to figure out the best way to go about this as well. My fiance is interested in having her phone rooted. I'm just trying to figure a well to where i can just access the boot image off the phone somehow so i can patch it using magisk. well obviously backing up the original image first, but i've heard twrp doesn't work and i tried using QFIL to see if i can access it but i don't think it has EDL. If you figured out a way to do it without flashing a older update to the phone. Please let me know. I'll do the same after I look into it a bit more. I feel like i'm just over complicating somehow lol I have a tendency of doing that.

Reactions: vansteering

InvisibleAOD

May 23, 2021
Lenovo Legion Duel
Just tried this and had no issues at all, Hope this helps :)

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
. . . I'm using a Linux laptop and no example exists. The Moto site gives a link to download SDK tools. Is there a site where I can download the minimum tools required? Probably more questions to follow for sure. Thank you

Is this what you're asking for?

As for 40-95-9 firmware, a sure way to get that firmware is Moto/Lenovo's "Rescue and Smart Assistant", aka "LMSA" (search, should be easy to find). Use the Rescue option and stop (EDIT/ADD: let the download finish), go to the folder where it was downloaded (make sure to get the download link shown in the utility) and find the firmware in the ".../ROMfiles" subfolder I think it is. That's the full firmware including boot.img. I used that subfolder to reflash the entire 95-9 firmware. EDIT/ADD: But this assumes Rescue and Smart Assistant on Windows, NOT Linux. I don't know if there is a Linux version for that, sorry. {--Or do you have a Windows emulator in your Linux that might solve this particular issue?--)

I DO NOT KNOW -- yet -- if 95-9 is rootable or even unlockable. Unlock failed for me on a 95-9 phone . . . although I did get an Unlock Code from Moto (on a Windows PC).

So this is a question back at you: HAVE YOU MANAGED TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER on your 95-9 phone?

Last edited:

InvisibleAOD

May 23, 2021
Lenovo Legion Duel
On Build number 95-9? Or a previous version? I'm asking because I couldn't even get the bootloader unlocked on a 95-9 phone (unlock "failed" after getting the code from Moto). I'm still trying to get an answer as to whether if the newest OTA is a problem.
Yeah it was on 95-9, just make sure to read through the thread cause I kind of messed up in the process but once you flash twrp and boot into it, flash the kiev file and magisk. I had to keep reading. I flashed to both partition a and b.

vansteering

May 2, 2022
Moto G 5G
Reactions: Moondroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly I've been trying to figure out the best way to go about this as well. My fiance is interested in having her phone rooted. I'm just trying to figure a well to where i can just access the boot image off the phone somehow so i can patch it using magisk. well obviously backing up the original image first, but i've heard twrp doesn't work and i tried using QFIL to see if i can access it but i don't think it has EDL. If you figured out a way to do it without flashing a older update to the phone. Please let me know. I'll do the same after I look into it a bit more. I feel like i'm just over complicating somehow lol I have a tendency of doing that.

On Build number 95-9? Or a previous version? I'm asking because I couldn't even get the bootloader unlocked on a 95-9 phone (unlock "failed" after getting the code from Moto). I'm still trying to get an answer as to whether if the newest OTA is a problem.
    . . . I'm using a Linux laptop and no example exists. The Moto site gives a link to download SDK tools. Is there a site where I can download the minimum tools required? Probably more questions to follow for sure. Thank you

As for 40-95-9 firmware, a sure way to get that firmware is Moto/Lenovo's "Rescue and Smart Assistant", aka "LMSA" (search, should be easy to find). Use the Rescue option and stop (EDIT/ADD: let the download finish), go to the folder where it was downloaded (make sure to get the download link shown in the utility) and find the firmware in the ".../ROMfiles" subfolder I think it is. That's the full firmware including boot.img. I used that subfolder to reflash the entire 95-9 firmware. EDIT/ADD: But this assumes Rescue and Smart Assistant on Windows, NOT Linux. I don't know if there is a Linux version for that, sorry. {--Or do you have a Windows emulator in your Linux that might solve this particular issue?--)

I DO NOT KNOW -- yet -- if 95-9 is rootable or even unlockable. Unlock failed for me on a 95-9 phone . . . although I did get an Unlock Code from Moto (on a Windows PC).

So this is a question back at you: HAVE YOU MANAGED TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER on your 95-9 phone?
    Yeah it was on 95-9, just make sure to read through the thread cause I kind of messed up in the process but once you flash twrp and boot into it, flash the kiev file and magisk. I had to keep reading. I flashed to both partition a and b.