Help rooting and installing ROM

Search This thread

SergioRmz

Aug 24, 2014
Monterrey
Hello guys.

I'm new to Huawei devices. I've previously successfully rooted LG, Samsung and HTC devices, but I'm having trouble to understand how this works on the Mate 8.

I have a NXT-L09 model from AT&T Mexico. I didn't have any issue getting the code to unlock the bootloader nor installing TWRP so I thought it waa going to be easy to root by just installing the SuperSU zip in TWRP.

The issue is that TWRP is asking me for a password I didn't set and is unable to read my internal storage. I have researched and discovered that is because the device is encrypted.

My plan is to first make a backup of my current ROM because I haven't found a stock ROM of the C212B120 version I have. Then I'd like to root my phone so I want to make sure that there's something I can do to decrypt my phone, I have read that there is a file that is flash able in TWRP, but does it depend on the model or something?

I'm also considering flashing the stock international ROM so I can have fastest updates. How could I make the model change?

Please, if anybody is able to clarify this to me and guide me through the process, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

rodriguez_cano

Apr 26, 2016
This is SAD...

Hey man, i think that is very sad that there are almost none updates for the same rom, I'am also on ATT Single Rom L09C212, and i have no luck updating it or finding firmwares.

did you update your phone?

i just hope that huawei release the nougat update for our phones. :(

greetings from Monterrey!

Hello guys.

I'm new to Huawei devices. I've previously successfully rooted LG, Samsung and HTC devices, but I'm having trouble to understand how this works on the Mate 8.

I have a NXT-L09 model from AT&T Mexico. I didn't have any issue getting the code to unlock the bootloader nor installing TWRP so I thought it waa going to be easy to root by just installing the SuperSU zip in TWRP.

The issue is that TWRP is asking me for a password I didn't set and is unable to read my internal storage. I have researched and discovered that is because the device is encrypted.

My plan is to first make a backup of my current ROM because I haven't found a stock ROM of the C212B120 version I have. Then I'd like to root my phone so I want to make sure that there's something I can do to decrypt my phone, I have read that there is a file that is flash able in TWRP, but does it depend on the model or something?

I'm also considering flashing the stock international ROM so I can have fastest updates. How could I make the model change?

Please, if anybody is able to clarify this to me and guide me through the process, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!