• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Help! Sim card stops working after making a call. Can't receive calls either.

Search This thread

ArmoredSoul

Nov 28, 2021
Info:
  • Cellular Provider: T-Mobile
  • ROM: Stock Chinese ROM
  • Problem: Sim card stops working after making a call. Can't receive calls either.

I just bought the Mix 4 around two weeks ago and just put in a new SIM card that I just got today. The SIM card was already tested to be working fine on my Vivo NEX S. Calls, text and data all work fine with the Vivo NEX S. When in my Mix 4, it works fine when it comes to data and texting. But when I try to call, the SIM card just stops working. The Mix 4 is able to detect it, but it's unusable until I put that SIM card inside my Vivo NEX S and then putting it back in the Mix 4. When attempting to call with the Mix 4, when the call goes through, the SIM just turns off or is disabled. But the call will go through and I will be able to talk to the recipient for a couple seconds before it stops due to lack of data/loss connection. I also can't seem to receive calls.

I also have a working Verizon sim card and the exact same thing happens. I've also taken a look at the APN and everything looks fine.

Is there anything I can do?

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
Strange, running 3 nand 02 sim daily and no issues, but on xiaomi.eu miui beta 13

ggdxwz

Jun 23, 2021
Strange, running 3 nand 02 sim daily and no issues, but on xiaomi.eu miui beta 13
Based on feedbacks from Reddit and xiaomi forum, I notice it only occurred for US carriers.
I tried verison, at&t, and t-mobile, but none of it worked.
MIX 4 seems to have issue for network registering, which renders it unusable in US.