• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

HELP! Stuck in boot Sequence After Flashing Charity ROM

Search This thread

TexasDroidGuy

Dec 31, 2010
Lubbock, TX
I am hoping someone can help me fairly quickly! I have Motorola Droid 1.

I rooted my Moto Droid easily (SuperOneClick), and decided to try this Charity ROM first. I saved and moved the zip to the root folder on my SD card. I used ROMManager and did the Clockwork Mod successfully. Then I used the ROMManager program to flash the new ROM. I wipes/cleared like the write-ups recommend. Everything went fine, got into recovery mode, loaded, etc etc. It said everything was successful. It went to reboot, and I read it would take 25-30 minutes to boot for the first time.

Here's the problem...it got past the "M" symbol but it's been in the boot sequence for well over 2 hours, back and forth to the "DROID" written that morphs from the red image. It just keeps doing that as if it is trying to boot.

Do I wait longer? Or do I need to do something else to get this thing booted?

Thanks in advance!

I am running 2.2.1 build FRG83D. I wish there was a chat feature on the forum so I could get advice from someone on this without cluttering this thread!