Help "the selected audio file will play for up to 5 seconds" OOS A12 and now A13

Search This thread

pantha007

Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone has anyone managed to sort out the notificaions in OOS 12 I can only get "the selected audio file will play for up to 5 seconds" so my long tones will not play :-(. I hope this has not been asked before

Cheers All :)

magicmckinney

Oct 9, 2012
Try re-loading your ROM. This has happened to me and after trying everything but a reload without success.

pantha007

Dec 12, 2012
Hi I have tried this on my phone and the wife's but still stuck with the 5 seconds ☹️ I have looked on the post forums and there have been problems for ages but not seen a root / non root fix anywhere 😞

pantha007

Dec 12, 2012
I could only get around this with a custom ROM in the end. Now once again on OOS 13 only 5 secong notifications ( I have even added my notifications as root (MAGISK module)) has anyone got any advice for me please ???? ( so sick of switching ROMS just wish OOS could do long notifications)

badfinger

Jun 19, 2011
I need help with notification sound with my OnePlus 8 Pro, especially with SMS messages and Viber incoming chat messages. I have tried all diifferent methods known to me, even clearing the apps cache and data in storage. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps so many times and still the notification sound I pick does not work. I constantly shift from default sound to none, then from sound to other sound but get the same result each time, no notification sound coming out from my phone. I've done factory resets many times, but I still get no notification sound for SMS and Viber apps. To be clear, I do see the notification popups on the notification panel all the time and all other voice calls, ring tones and media sounds work normally. I need help please!