[Help Thread][7" Kindle Fire HD](2nd Gen 2012) Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

SurreyDudeXDA

May 7, 2021
Hey

I just got a Fire HD 7 (2nd Gen) so I can use it as a touch pad for home automation. I'm trying to get the Play Store installed so I can basically run a kiosk app/browser. I'm following instructions from here: https://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/...ome-kiosk-for-smartthings-smart-home-monitor/ which directs me to download the apk from apkmirror, and I see that the process mirrors a lot of posts on this site.

The installation of the apps, however, results in messages that the "Google Play Services has stopped" repeatedly, which makes me think I have not downloaded the correct apk files.

The tablet runs Android 4.0.3 and I have tried these apks:

Can anyone help me identify my errors, or if you have successfully done this with 4.0.3 help identify the correct apk files?

Thanks in advance

boruto08

Nov 5, 2021
Anyone can help,

I installed an update for the kindle fire stock keyboard and side then , the kindle keyboard isnt working and now I m stuck in Lock Screen where the keyboard doesn't appear and im not able to unlock it. I have tried various methods but could bypass the lock.
tempImageaAxFWe.png

any help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

7" Kindle Fire HD - 2012

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    @sd_shadow
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Kindle Fire HD 7 (2012)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do I tell if i have a Kindle Fire HD 7 (2012)?[/SIZE]
    Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012) has Power and volume buttons on the sides, Front-facing HD camera.​

[SIZE=+1]Q2: What is the ........................................................................................................?[/SIZE]
    Replace this block of text with a short answer for the above question. If the answer is complicated or otherwise lengthy, avoid the temptation to provide a full answer here. If the answer is truly that involved, this should be answered in another thread outside of this document. The answer then should provide a brief summary or overview and direct the reader to the document providing a full coverage of the topic.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q3: Why does the ........................................................................................................?[/SIZE]
    Replace this block of text with a short answer for the above question. If the answer is complicated or otherwise lengthy, avoid the temptation to provide a full answer here. If the answer is truly that involved, this should be answered in another thread outside of this document. The answer then should provide a brief summary or overview and direct the reader to the document providing a full coverage of the topic.​
    *​
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    Index

Kindle Fire HD 7" - Power and volume buttons on the sides, Front-facing HD camera

Model #:
    Serial #
    D025------Kindle Fire HD 7" 16GB
    D059------Kindle Fire HD 7" 32GB
    Codename: Tate
    Software: Amazon:7.5.1 - Based on Android OS 4.0.3
    Glad you're here to help. Like 6 weeks ago I attempted to return to stock. It was my understanding that I needed to downgrade twrp to flash the image (which I did easily . In the other thread it specified to wipe system first (REALLY wish I had thought that one through). Now I can't push ANYTHING to the SD card. No adb, no USB mtp.
    I've tried updating drivers on 3 different computers, (windows 7, Windows 10, and yosemite) Tried unbreakable tool and kfhd restore tool.
    All I can do is manually boot to twrp.
    I realize there's probably more details needed but I'm strapped for time (on break) I was just to see your thread.
    Any attempts to help will be profoundly appreciated! Thanks.
    Can you still get to twrp?
    Yes. That's all I can do. Not home but believe I'm running v 2.7.0.0

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I've had time to think about it and I doubt hashcode would make a mistake like telling people to wipe system. And if he were mistaken there would be a LOT of people in my situation.
    Wiping system is necessary to install a new system stock or custom
    So I believe what sets me apart is that my recovery is too old.
    possibly do you know the full file name of current recovery?
    The right drivers aren't present and I can't use adb as a result.
    What error(s) are you getting?
    I CAN get this into Factbook both with a factory cable and with a regular one (the latter only works on Mac it seems). However, on Windows the restore tools both say Fastboot is not recognized command. I believe I tried flashing the updated twrp with Fastboot on mac but for some reason it didn't work.
    "Fastboot is not recognized command." is a window issue not Kindle issue