[HELP THREAD] Any problems? Ask here!

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
Does anyone have issues? Ask them here! I or someone else will try to get them answered for you!

I can help with:
Galaxy Gear stuff
Bluetooth issues
Phone issues (That connect to the Gear!)
Any issues with rooting
Issues with the Null ROM
Finding any specific app to do a task for the Gear
And more!

Last edited:

canito63

Apr 19, 2010
Gmail notifications

I updated the gear to MK7 and gear manager to 1.5 and cannot receive notifications on the gear. Everything is turned on in gear manager. Any suggestions?

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
I updated the gear to MK7 and gear manager to 1.5 and cannot receive notifications on the gear. Everything is turned on in gear manager. Any suggestions?
If you don't mind losing setting on the gear you can wipe the gear and start from scratch...

1: Press and hold the power button until it shows:
"Samsung Galaxy Gear
Rebooting..."
2: While on that screen, press the power button 5 times
3: this should bring you to to a menu. cycle through the options and select recovery
4: to choose, press the button for 3 seconds.
5: Wait for it to wipe...
6: Once done, set it up as a new device!

Hopefully that fixes it!

EDIT: When (or if) it asks to restore from a backup, select NO!

Last edited:

Ultraman666

Apr 8, 2010
Kansas
I am using a third party app by the same dev that does the K9 email call Melwin, I get a notification of the email with the header but I cant read the email, is it possible to do this with the Gear?? I have the latest Mk7 Null 10.1 and the latest Gear manager app as well. Thanks

Reactions: Jimmy Canales

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
I am using a third party app by the same dev that does the K9 email call Melwin, I get a notification of the email with the header but I cant read the email, is it possible to do this with the Gear?? I have the latest Mk7 Null 10.1 and the latest Gear manager app as well. Thanks
Unfortunately that isn't something that is wrong with the gear, it is just the way the Gear Manager formats the notification to be displayed on the gear. There is always the possibility of getting that email app on the gear itself, however!

Reactions: Ultraman666

doroyce05

Nov 29, 2010
Im using mobileGo to install apps to the gear but it seems to now work. this started happening after installing Null.

Also for some reason it seems that don't have root since it wont let me run root browser.

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
Im using mobileGo to install apps to the gear but it seems to now work. this started happening after installing Null.

Also for some reason it seems that don't have root since it wont let me run root browser.
Well, the Null ROM is pre-rooted... All I can think is try running a root verification app to see if it is truly rootedand Root Browser is misbehaving, or if it is unrooted for some reason...

lukasz

Nov 25, 2003
Krakow, POLAND
Is there a way to update the gear to mk7 if im in usa?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
As long as you follow the Null rom instructions from the page one of the ROM thread - it should be no obstacles. Please read carefully.
Please be aware that in most cases US providers block BT tethering, so for internet access please check it on your phone first.

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
What phone and what ROM?
Att note 3 running null ROM on my galaxy gear.
Ahh, US phones seem to have this issue... Make sure you go into the "more settings" right under the bluetooth and wifi switches select tethering and hotspot and check off Bluetooth tethering. If not, it is a limitation put in place by AT&T. The only thing that would help is a new ROM...or a mod of some sort.

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
Couple of questions

Just have 3 questions. Is there anyway to increase the in call volume of the Gear? I have it turned all the way up to 6 and its barely audible on a call. I know the little speaker is capable because on youtube clips this thing is crazy loud.

Second question. I have looked everywhere for the 1.5 version of gear manager. I checked the sigs and I still cant find it. Can you post a link to the apk?

Third and last question. How do you toggle the touchwiz and nova launcher?

T.I.A.
Great Rom!

Last edited:
Reactions: prezzo