Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

ZipAddict

Prob a simple fix. Stock ROM 4.4.2 for my s4 mini when connected to PC I can see all files/folders on my ext SD card but on current ROM ( resurrection remix 5.5.2) nothing shows up. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9195
Can u go to file managers settings and select root access and try again? If not try downloading es file explorer from playstore and try using that maybe. Let me know please
This did indeed work. It was as simple as them looking up my old phone number and giving me two different 8 digit numbers. Here I was thinking I was going to have to hack away on my phone, and it was just a simple PIN. Appreciate the help ZA.
Awesome! Glad it was relatively painless!
Thanks sir.it is an andriod jelly bean 4.2.2,mt6572,ram is 512mb and internal is 4gb.
No one specifically sees this friend. If u press the button with quotation marks at the bottom of someones post and then hit reply, that person will be notified that u answered them. And other people can see what question u were responding to and try to help also. This will get u faster more accurate answers

Reactions: bestb23 and NeoLogY

bestb23

Jul 31, 2015
Hello!
I've got a question:
I've pulled a device tree from github, and it contains many folders,such as a framework folder and a recovery.fstab
My question is, where do i put those files? Under the /android/system of CMs source?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Free mobile app

Give use more info please: model,problem fully specified, etc.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

You should look into decompiling your framework, search about it on google!

Thanks sir.it is an andriod jelly bean 4.2.2,mt6572,ram is 512mb and internal is 4gb.

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014

Woha,flooding.
Anyway, tell me how you first bricked your phone. Then tell me if you've got root and a custom recovery. Third tell me if you know the partition layout of your phone.

Reactions: bestb23

bestb23

Jul 31, 2015
Woha,flooding.
Anyway, tell me how you first bricked your phone. Then tell me if you've got root and a custom recovery. Third tell me if you know the partition layout of your phone.

I rooted with a king root it then got bricked,no custom or root recovery,and i don't know the partition of my phone.

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
I rooted with a king root it then got bricked,no custom or root recovery,and i don't know the partition of my phone.

So by rooting it you bricked it?
Sounds strange.
Anyway try using adb and doing adb reboot recovery. From android recovery you can simply wipe data(factory reset). Shouldn't work but you can always try.

Reactions: bestb23

rexsis13

Jan 23, 2014
Stuck on the LG logo on LG L5 II E460

So, yesterday I decided to reboot my phone since it was very sluggish for whatever reason. I think it shut down properly but when it came back on, there was a very interesting problem that had come up - it didn't boot any further than the logo screen, which didn't even play its standard animation; it just stood there with the LED on the home button changing colors (like normal). I left it on overnight hoping the problem would be gone, but to no avail. It still hadn't booted when I woke up. If it matters, the only thing I can boot to is download mode. It doesn't let me get to safe mode or however it's called (the menu you navigate with volume up/down and the power button). Needless to say, I was very puzzled. Then I went on and tried to flash the latest kdz since I thought that would fix the problem. I hoped that would easily fix the problem. But no, it decided to be funny and give me more headache. I tried using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2409308 but after step 20 the LG Mobile Support Tool crashes and I can't continue. Sure thing, I will try the Upgrade Recovery that the tool has built in. It properly detects my phone, the software download and extraction goes smoothly. Then I reach the S/W Upgrade part of the process. The few first seconds everything is fine, but then the bar reaches 5% and just stops. Just like that. Now it's been 8 hours since I began the recovery and no progress has been made.
Can anybody help me? I'm lost here...

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
i need some help to recover files
hello. im at a lost i tried multiple softwares but none have recovered the files that i needed. im trying to recovery my twrp backup files and my mybackup pro files as well as other similar files. i was able to recover my pics but not the rest. the software i use recover raw files. there either zip that are unable to open or .stl files also unable to open . i accidentally did a factory data reset in rom(jasmine) on my sdcard can someone suggest a software that will help me out?
im on windows 64bit 8gb ram
here are the softwares ive use
Sandisk recovery pro
easeus
active file recovery
recuva
remo recover
the files will say
0001.rar or zip
(numbers).stl
(numbers)tar

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Well, i dont have any idea where to post this question, so i will ask here. If you dont know how to help me, please let me know where to post my question.

I do have a problem with my Hangouts app. The emoticons are too big so i just see a part of them. I guess a screenshot can explain it much better. Any ideas how to fix that?

EDIT: Im running ViperM8 in the latest version.

Screenshot_2015-08-04-19-15-16.png

It's one of the bugs in the ROM. The latest ViperOne version is a port from the M9, and it is explained in the download page that some things might not work properly. This is one of them. The same is happening on the M7 port. It will be fixed when HTC releases an official Sense 7 ROM for the M8. If it bothers you, you can always roll back to 4.3.0

Reactions: multimill

TPlamenov

Jan 21, 2015
Hello, I got Jiayu S3 2gb RAM, Superuser: ON, and Summoners War run correcrly.
My brother got Jiayu S3 Advanved 3GB RAM, Superuser: OFF and Summoners War don't work, no way to fix it. Account is dissabled and Com2Us tell that any program want acces to game and this is the reason to disable the account. In old phone still work. So, anyone know how i can make it work? And where is the diferance un the ROM in S3 2gb and S3 3GB? I search in this forum but can't find nothing. Sorry if wrong forum.

Sent from my JY-S3 using XDA Free mobile app

bestb23

Jul 31, 2015
So by rooting it you bricked it?
Sounds strange.
Anyway try using adb and doing adb reboot recovery. From android recovery you can simply wipe data(factory reset). Shouldn't work but you can always try.

Tried that already

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Tried that already

I rooted the gowin m5 with a king root, it was succesful, i downloaded shortcut master lite to help me change imei,it wasn't successful, after a few minutes it started showing me a message" abdroid systrm reburnt,rebrush and deport.shutting down" since then if i put it own it comes up boota well and after some seconds shows that message again anf shuts down.

DookiEdesTodes

Aug 4, 2015
Asus memo pad 10 (ME301k) stuck in fastboot mode

I have a Asus memo pad 10 (ME301k) that is stuck in fastboot mode. Holding the power button doesnt work. It loads every single time in fastboot mode. When I load the official boot.img over fastboot the tablet is starting. After reboot again fastboot mode. Any clue why?

AhmedK218

Mar 26, 2013
AEG aml mx 7" Hard reset "no home" and "no volum up"

i have a AEG aml mx 7inch tablet with NO VOLUME UP OR DOWN OR HOME BUTTONS
all i have is power button and reset hole
serial number gw201402wh007402

thank

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
So, yesterday I decided to reboot my phone since it was very sluggish for whatever reason. I think it shut down properly but when it came back on, there was a very interesting problem that had come up - it didn't boot any further than the logo screen, which didn't even play its standard animation; it just stood there with the LED on the home button changing colors (like normal). I left it on overnight hoping the problem would be gone, but to no avail. It still hadn't booted when I woke up. If it matters, the only thing I can boot to is download mode. It doesn't let me get to safe mode or however it's called (the menu you navigate with volume up/down and the power button). Needless to say, I was very puzzled. Then I went on and tried to flash the latest kdz since I thought that would fix the problem. I hoped that would easily fix the problem. But no, it decided to be funny and give me more headache. I tried using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2409308 but after step 20 the LG Mobile Support Tool crashes and I can't continue. Sure thing, I will try the Upgrade Recovery that the tool has built in. It properly detects my phone, the software download and extraction goes smoothly. Then I reach the S/W Upgrade part of the process. The few first seconds everything is fine, but then the bar reaches 5% and just stops. Just like that. Now it's been 8 hours since I began the recovery and no progress has been made.
Can anybody help me? I'm lost here...

I think its better you try KDZ, for i think its the best program out there,made LG phones like ours indestructible.LG Mobile support never worked for me, its very unstable...
BTW have you tried adb reboot recovery? Usually works...
Are you on stock? Because when you run out of Memory the phone fails to boot. Once it happened to me but after 3 or 4 boots the bootloop ended and i successfully recovered my phone.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Tried that already

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

I rooted the gowin m5 with a king root, it was succesful, i downloaded shortcut master lite to help me change imei,it wasn't successful, after a few minutes it started showing me a message" abdroid systrm reburnt,rebrush and deport.shutting down" since then if i put it own it comes up boota well and after some seconds shows that message again anf shuts down.

Does your device have a recovery?

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Hello, I got Jiayu S3 2gb RAM, Superuser: ON, and Summoners War run correcrly.
My brother got Jiayu S3 Advanved 3GB RAM, Superuser: OFF and Summoners War don't work, no way to fix it. Account is dissabled and Com2Us tell that any program want acces to game and this is the reason to disable the account. In old phone still work. So, anyone know how i can make it work? And where is the diferance un the ROM in S3 2gb and S3 3GB? I search in this forum but can't find nothing. Sorry if wrong forum.

Sent from my JY-S3 using XDA Free mobile app

Is summoners war a game? Because it might be that it simply doesn't work on your device.
Anyway the only difference between the two of them seems RAM, could you please give me full specs of both?

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

i have a AEG aml mx 7inch tablet with NO VOLUME UP OR DOWN OR HOME BUTTONS
all i have is power button and reset hole
serial number gw201402wh007402

thank

Hello
Whats the problem you're encountering?

bdboy999

Jun 2, 2015
Help 6592 camera + video shows green screen

when i port rom, most of them has a bug which is camera and video screen shows green colour, if i take pictures , taken pictures are also green colour, please help me, what should i replace from stock rom? :confused:

rexsis13

Jan 23, 2014
I think its better you try KDZ, for i think its the best program out there,made LG phones like ours indestructible.LG Mobile support never worked for me, its very unstable...
BTW have you tried adb reboot recovery? Usually works...
Are you on stock? Because when you run out of Memory the phone fails to boot. Once it happened to me but after 3 or 4 boots the bootloop ended and i successfully recovered my phone.

Today I tried the KDZ program and ADB but both have the same problem - they can't detect my phone. I do have the LG USB drivers installed (or at least I think so, the guide I used required them to be installed so I went to the LG website and got them).
Also, I did try restarting the phone numerous times but that didn't work. I never managed to get past the LG logo.
Any more advice you can give me? I tried googling the problem but got no solution.

Top Liked Posts

Hi guys i'm new here and i don't know if i am writing my request at the right place. if i am not i am sorry.i have a lenovo tab 4 10 plus (TB-x704L) and i think that i bricked my device.i had the android 10,but i didn't like it and i have decided to put again the stock rom(7.1).i tried with qfil and with the lenovo rescue and smart assistance and i probably did something wrong and now my tablet cannot be recognizable by windows(minimal and fastboot don't find the device),but the most importan is that i can't get to the andoid home screen,always reboots at the set up android stage.i tried with qfil again,some imgs takes them some others not (sahara problem or it doesn't find any port).I tried to search the forum about this,but i didn't find anything.Please someone help me.Luckily the tablet has waranty until august,but i am afraid that they will tell me that it is my fault and they will ask me to pay.Thank you.
    Sorry, I doubt that a device that was shipped with 7.1 reached A10 anyway devices since MM don´t admit downgrades.

The better would be try to restore the firmware that was the latest upgrade.

If this is succesfull atleast to flash it but some stuffs won´t work anymore then you should claim your warranty.
    Hi friends
    I was thinking about some custom rom for my old pal (galaxy note 8 F950, Exynos) to bring me android 11 experience. some sites recommend lineage os 18.1 but there is no official directory of such version for galaxy note 8 (phone, not tablet) on lineage site (neither galaxy S8). so I'm wondering that is it safe to use the provided rom (18.1) on my phone?
    also I can't find any user's exprerience of 18.1 lineage os on galaxy note 8.
    thanks for reading this.

If there is no custom ROM for your device then you should not flash anything that is for a different device.

The most you should do is taking a look if your device has treble support, if it can be unlocked and some GSI can be flashed for it.
    Yes, there are ROMs for my device, and I tried them, but even after being flashed successfully, each of them are giving blue screen after the zuk logo comes before booting to anything, I don't know, I flashed my device again and currently it is the start of the setup screen (I can't set it up because the screen is totally shattered and I will get it changed when I'd be allowed to go out), and I am not going to do anything to it till I get the screen replaced, but I am just not able to figure out why I see the blue screen after flashing any custom ROM via TWRP, whereas the Chinese version for ZUI worked, since you just told me about what I could have done with IMEI partition, I will check it via adb or fastboot commands (last time it was blank), its feeling like I am stuck with single ROM only.

Well, as I said you previously the Chinese ROM is not friendly to switch to other due to the incompatibility of the drivers used in the firmware that comes with a specific display for the Chinese region, this may be the reason why now there´s nothing projecting onto display and about that, Why do you think that the screen needs to be replaced, it could be due to the reason mentioned or in the process to reassemble the device some part got disconnected as a sort of false contact.
    You mean I should search the keywords like IMEI restore tool!!
    Yes. Also read about what QPST/qfil can do, If I don´t remember bad it also has this feature in-built.
    Let me tell you, there are a good number of ROMs for my device (but I really miss pixel experience, earlier the official ROM was available and I wanted it, but currently only unofficial), not many kernels though, and I want to ask that, 'being on a older ROMs (having an older version of the bootloader, affects the functionality of TWRP)??
    I am on nougat ZUI (ZUI 2.5) now, and the time when I rooted my device 4 months ago and flashed TWRP, everything was working as it should be, will it work now??
    And I also want to ask how to restore the IMEI number in the box of my phone?? I know you would hesitate to tell even if you know so all I want to request you is, 'can you please guide me where I can get the solution??'

Of course TWRP will work as it was working before anyway TWRP is adapted/updated for custom ROMs from time to time I mean if development of custom ROMs stopped then TWRP also will stop at this point.

As per the IMEI recovering process only can say you that is incredible easy enough always that is recoverable I mean only in the case you didn´t do something extreme and this piece of hardware where IMEI is hardcoded wasn´t damaged but I can´t guide you on that so is a grey area where I never transit.
    Thank you, I'll see for it, but do you think that restoring to latest firmware solve my problem even after the IMEI number got erased!!

IMEI is rarely really erased, it is overwritten by blank values (null).
    What the stock ROM can do depends on the level of damage that qfil did in this specific partition but always is possible to recover it with the proper tool.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone