Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

ZipAddict

No need to get angry. I thought it wasn't important enough to matter because it seemed kinda silly when I figured it out.

First off, thanks for sharing the solution and im glad u figured it out! Second, no worries he wasnt angry he was just making a general statement as to why it was important to share and when he said you he meant anyone. We look forward to seeing u help others here on xda! Psycho is a very knowledgeable person and very helpful to everyone. He is here on this thread like me out of kindness. U dont see many experts in these type threads because new members tend to pop in and get help and then disappear forever without even hitting the thanks button. So by sharing info ur keeping us motivated to help since we dont get much thanks here. Now stick around and help us help others my friend!

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
First off, thanks for sharing the solution and im glad u figured it out! Second, no worries he wasnt angry he was just making a general statement as to why it was important to share and when he said you he meant anyone. We look forward to seeing u help others here on xda! Psycho is a very knowledgeable person and very helpful to everyone. He is here on this thread like me out of kindness. U dont see many experts in these type threads because new members tend to pop in and get help and then disappear forever without even hitting the thanks button. So by sharing info ur keeping us motivated to help since we dont get much thanks here. Now stick around and help us help others my friend!

Thanks for the encouragement ! I actually love reading through the help posts since it's where I learn all the little weird things. I would like to learn Java and C++ though. I feel a little useless atm because I just started and the more I read the less I feel I know, lol. But Thanks for helping out here and sorry Psycho, I misunderstood. You can count on me not leaving any time soon.

Sent from my fire breathing m7

Kyzrael

Nov 17, 2014
Quezon City
Pls how can i do a full rom backup without rooting the phone expecially on a pc

Try to use MTKdroidtools - if your phone is a mtk one. It offers temporary root just to do back up of the whole firmware. But sometimes/most of the time, it requires you to root first to be able to do back up... In rooting you may use Kingroot (apk or exe - choose on what you prefer) or Iroot (same with kingroot you may choose either you want an apk or exe).

rexsis13

Jan 23, 2014
Are you using the kdz version recommended for your device?
I remembered that it always was pretty difficult to get kdz working, but after two or three tries it worked. Try changing usb port, unplugging and re-plugging...i remember that i needed to install another program before, like msmxsml.exe. Google around for the kdz version recommended for your device.

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Free mobile app

What do you mean by 'Are you using the kdz version recommended for your device?' I don't think the problem is with the kdz version at all. Neither KDZ nor ADB detect my device. I tried using Fastboot to see if that will detect it but I bumped into the same problem. Switching USB ports helps with nothing. Unplugging and re-plugging doesn't help either. An interesting thing is that my Windows XP laptop, which is the only PC I have access to right now, detects the phone as a modem. I don't think that's right but whatever, maybe I'm overthinking. Anyways, I did install msxml.exe (I think that's what you mean) so the problem isn't with that. Googling for the recommended kdz version doesn't show me any relevant results.

ZipAddict

Thanks for the encouragement ! I actually love reading through the help posts since it's where I learn all the little weird things. I would like to learn Java and C++ though. I feel a little useless atm because I just started and the more I read the less I feel I know, lol. But Thanks for helping out here and sorry Psycho, I misunderstood. You can count on me not leaving any time soon.

I took a class on java once but then lost a lot of brain cells so i dont remember much! Im currently watching youtube tutorials to relearn because its way easier to learn with a visual.
You should try that if u want to learn programming. Dont worry u r not useless here. I already saw u helping people. Everyone on xda is a noob compared to someone else, even top developers dont have nothin on edward snowden lol! Glad u r sticking around to help others and learn more to make xda a better more informative place. And remember, the smartest tech in the world, if not helping others, is far more useless than u could ever be. U have great potential to learn more and help many people!

Reactions: NeoLogY and Wulfpk

mörbilim

May 6, 2012
San Antonio
ZTE 812

I have used these forums moderately . XDA has NEVER failed me. I am hoping they will come through again. I have rooted a Samsung s4 s5 an HTC 1 all with XDA forums help now I am hoping that I can get a root for an AT&T ZTE 812 Maven . This is a cheap go phone so I am not hopeful because they are probably not in demand but here is crossing my fingers for XDA heros!

vardon

Aug 6, 2015
deleted my home.ui by mistake without taking backup after root

hi,i am using micromax canvas selfie a255 .i rooted my phone using king root but by mistake i deleted my homescreen without doing a backup.and problem in my phone is i dont have any soft button to go to other apps.all apps are present in home screen.pls help me.i am using stock rom

ZipAddict

I do have twrp recovery installed. And you're saying just use my phone's recovery instead of twrp?
U only mentioned twrp manager in ur post. So what he was asking is did u flash twrp recovery? Because twrp manager will only work if u flashed twrp recovery i think. Once its flashed u would not be seeing stock recovery. Hope thats it and its fixed for u. If not we will help more
I have used these forums moderately . XDA has NEVER failed me. I am hoping they will come through again. I have rooted a Samsung s4 s5 an HTC 1 all with XDA forums help now I am hoping that I can get a root for an AT&T ZTE 812 Maven . This is a cheap go phone so I am not hopeful because they are probably not in demand but here is crossing my fingers for XDA heros!
When i googled "how to root zte 810 maven " it looks like one click root works. If not let us know
Where can i download mtk tools,i just want something that will helo me backup a gowin m5 rom from a seller,without rooting it.
Looks like its in play store. Let me know if not

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

hi,i am using micromax canvas selfie a255 .i rooted my phone using king root but by mistake i deleted my homescreen without doing a backup.and problem in my phone is i dont have any soft button to go to other apps.all apps are present in home screen.pls help me.i am using stock rom
Did u install custom recovery after rooting? If not what options do u have in stock recovery?

Corey292

Aug 8, 2010
U only mentioned twrp manager in ur post. So what he was asking is did u flash twrp recovery? Because twrp manager will only work if u flashed twrp recovery i think. Once its flashed u would not be seeing stock recovery. Hope thats it and its fixed for u. If not we will help more

I don't have twrp recovery, just twrp manager. So what do I do?

ZipAddict

I don't have twrp recovery, just twrp manager. So what do I do?

I dont use twrp manager so im unsure of the process from there. but i used app called rom manager. Rom manager can flash twrp recovery for u. You just do this inside app...
Recovery setup-install or update recovery-select ur device-flash recovery. I would think it would be similar to that. If not just do what i did and it should work if u r rooted. Let us know

Last edited:

Corey292

Aug 8, 2010
I dont use twrp manager so im unsure of the process from there. but i used app called rom manager. Rom manager can flash twrp recovery for u. You just do this inside app...
Recovery setup-install or update recovery-select ur device-flash recovery. I would think it would be similar to that. If not just do what i did and it should work if u r rooted. Let us know

I'm at work so it's hard to do right now. As soon as I get a break or a chance I'm going to try it and I'll let you know what happens

King_papi

Aug 6, 2015
[Q] need help to update phone on my blu studio 5.OC HD

On my phone blu studio 5.OC HD I've installed apks like king root, lucky patcher, freedom, and game killer
I decided to reset my phone but now that I needed to update it says when its verifying phone "System/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents installation aborted.
Can you help me with this?

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
I'm at work so it's hard to do right now. As soon as I get a break or a chance I'm going to try it and I'll let you know what happens

Flashify can flash twrp, cwm, or philz recoveries. As long as you're rooted, so make sure to do that first.

Flashify is in the playstore, same with the clockworkrom manager that zipaddict mentioned.

Reactions: ZipAddict

ZipAddict

On my phone blu studio 5.OC HD I've installed apks like king root, lucky patcher, freedom, and game killer
I decided to reset my phone but now that I needed to update it says when its verifying phone "System/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents installation aborted.
Can you help me with this?

Did u forget where u are? This is xda. A site for developers. Ur phones messed up because u tried to cheat the hardworking developers by stealing their software with those apps. Not gonna get much help here on xda with that. Looks like ur gonna pay for those apps now after all. Some developers put code in software to mess ur phone up when trying to scam them this way. The feds can do it too. Please stop disrespecting this site and find your answer elsewhere. These people work hard and deserve to be paid for their product so they can support their families.

Top Liked Posts

I've seen that some folks change to firmmware upgrade and tick the preloader option, should I do the same..?
    Can you tell me how to backup all my data using SP Flash Tools in my phone in case of something catastrophic happens...?
    Yes, it should work this way. This is one good tutorial about backing up https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html
    Hi guys i'm new here and i don't know if i am writing my request at the right place. if i am not i am sorry.i have a lenovo tab 4 10 plus (TB-x704L) and i think that i bricked my device.i had the android 10,but i didn't like it and i have decided to put again the stock rom(7.1).i tried with qfil and with the lenovo rescue and smart assistance and i probably did something wrong and now my tablet cannot be recognizable by windows(minimal and fastboot don't find the device),but the most importan is that i can't get to the andoid home screen,always reboots at the set up android stage.i tried with qfil again,some imgs takes them some others not (sahara problem or it doesn't find any port).I tried to search the forum about this,but i didn't find anything.Please someone help me.Luckily the tablet has waranty until august,but i am afraid that they will tell me that it is my fault and they will ask me to pay.Thank you.
    Sorry, I doubt that a device that was shipped with 7.1 reached A10 anyway devices since MM don´t admit downgrades.

The better would be try to restore the firmware that was the latest upgrade.

If this is succesfull atleast to flash it but some stuffs won´t work anymore then you should claim your warranty.
    Hi friends
    I was thinking about some custom rom for my old pal (galaxy note 8 F950, Exynos) to bring me android 11 experience. some sites recommend lineage os 18.1 but there is no official directory of such version for galaxy note 8 (phone, not tablet) on lineage site (neither galaxy S8). so I'm wondering that is it safe to use the provided rom (18.1) on my phone?
    also I can't find any user's exprerience of 18.1 lineage os on galaxy note 8.
    thanks for reading this.

If there is no custom ROM for your device then you should not flash anything that is for a different device.

The most you should do is taking a look if your device has treble support, if it can be unlocked and some GSI can be flashed for it.
    Yes, there are ROMs for my device, and I tried them, but even after being flashed successfully, each of them are giving blue screen after the zuk logo comes before booting to anything, I don't know, I flashed my device again and currently it is the start of the setup screen (I can't set it up because the screen is totally shattered and I will get it changed when I'd be allowed to go out), and I am not going to do anything to it till I get the screen replaced, but I am just not able to figure out why I see the blue screen after flashing any custom ROM via TWRP, whereas the Chinese version for ZUI worked, since you just told me about what I could have done with IMEI partition, I will check it via adb or fastboot commands (last time it was blank), its feeling like I am stuck with single ROM only.

Well, as I said you previously the Chinese ROM is not friendly to switch to other due to the incompatibility of the drivers used in the firmware that comes with a specific display for the Chinese region, this may be the reason why now there´s nothing projecting onto display and about that, Why do you think that the screen needs to be replaced, it could be due to the reason mentioned or in the process to reassemble the device some part got disconnected as a sort of false contact.
    You mean I should search the keywords like IMEI restore tool!!
    Yes. Also read about what QPST/qfil can do, If I don´t remember bad it also has this feature in-built.
    Let me tell you, there are a good number of ROMs for my device (but I really miss pixel experience, earlier the official ROM was available and I wanted it, but currently only unofficial), not many kernels though, and I want to ask that, 'being on a older ROMs (having an older version of the bootloader, affects the functionality of TWRP)??
    I am on nougat ZUI (ZUI 2.5) now, and the time when I rooted my device 4 months ago and flashed TWRP, everything was working as it should be, will it work now??
    And I also want to ask how to restore the IMEI number in the box of my phone?? I know you would hesitate to tell even if you know so all I want to request you is, 'can you please guide me where I can get the solution??'

Of course TWRP will work as it was working before anyway TWRP is adapted/updated for custom ROMs from time to time I mean if development of custom ROMs stopped then TWRP also will stop at this point.

As per the IMEI recovering process only can say you that is incredible easy enough always that is recoverable I mean only in the case you didn´t do something extreme and this piece of hardware where IMEI is hardcoded wasn´t damaged but I can´t guide you on that so is a grey area where I never transit.
    Thank you, I'll see for it, but do you think that restoring to latest firmware solve my problem even after the IMEI number got erased!!

IMEI is rarely really erased, it is overwritten by blank values (null).
    What the stock ROM can do depends on the level of damage that qfil did in this specific partition but always is possible to recover it with the proper tool.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone