• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Rekkaone

Jan 2, 2012
Hi. I have i9300 and I cant connect to my network. I get no signal at all. When I flash stock 4.3 its no problem. I've tried SlimKat 4.4.4 and flashed modem for my country from stock 4.3 but it didnt work. Have tried the same with AICP. I have searched for solutions and tried and tried but I can't solve my problem.
Can someone please help me? I don't care what rom it is, but I want at least kitkat.

badshaNyc

Nov 3, 2015
It seems like your efs folder is corrupt. I gpt the same situation before. I searched a lot foe aokution but ended up going to service c enter they fixed it and charged me around 300 rupee its like 5 dollar.

jimbomodder

Apr 8, 2015
manchester
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi. I have i9300 and I cant connect to my network. I get no signal at all. When I flash stock 4.3 its no problem. I've tried SlimKat 4.4.4 and flashed modem for my country from stock 4.3 but it didnt work. Have tried the same with AICP. I have searched for solutions and tried and tried but I can't solve my problem.
Can someone please help me? I don't care what rom it is, but I want at least kitkat.

Find the latest bootloader and modem zips. Flash those and you should be ok. Flash at least twice. May need a third before its all good.

Reactions: Rekkaone

Rekkaone

Jan 2, 2012
Find the latest bootloader and modem zips. Flash those and you should be ok. Flash at least twice. May need a third before its all good.
Thanks. I will search for it but if you have any tips from where I can find them it would be great. The files I need is for nordic (nee) thanks again

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

had the stock tar file with boot.img, sboot.bin and modem.bin on my pc. can I just use odin instead because its not .zip? And with one of boot.img or sboot.bin?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Are not getting cell service or just not getting mobile data?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RamtheCowy

Mar 30, 2015
I have samsung note 2 flashed dn4 rom. Now i want to flaah that eclipse v 4 rom in my phonw. Is it possible if i just do it with dn4 or i need to stock it again? Any reply will be helpful

I'm sorry, I can't answer that question. I'm not really sure why you'd have to go back to stock, you shouldn't have to. All you need to flash a new ROM is a custom recovery. Your current ROM shouldn't affect the ability to flash a ROM. @Droidriven correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my ST21i

Last edited:

Jacob3o5

Jan 21, 2013
Need help, no in call mic support while running lollipop ROMs.

I have the lasted radio flashed via Odin from the stock firmware release from sammobile.

Doesn't matter what app I use, no in call microphone at all.

Works for everything else except calls.

User17745

Oct 13, 2014
Delhi

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I'm sorry, I can't answer that question. I'm not really sure why you'd have to go back to stock, you shouldn't have to. All you need to flash a new ROM is a custom recovery. Your current ROM shouldn't affect the ability to flash a ROM. @Droidriven correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my ST21i
No, generally speaking, you shouldn't have to go back to stock before flashing the new ROM, but in some cases on some devices you have to flash back to stock and then flash a newer stock build or even a series of stock builds in order to get the device's partitions setup correctly before flashing the new ROM, usually when that is necessary it is on devices that have older android versions and need stock upgrades before flashing a more up to date custom ROM.

You would have to look around for specific info to see if that's the case with your device.
I have samsung note 2 flashed dn4 rom. Now i want to flaah that eclipse v 4 rom in my phonw. Is it possible if i just do it with dn4 or i need to stock it again? Any reply will be helpful

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: User17745

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Need help, no in call mic support while running lollipop ROMs.

I have the lasted radio flashed via Odin from the stock firmware release from sammobile.

Doesn't matter what app I use, no in call microphone at all.

Works for everything else except calls.

if its doing it on multiple or all L roms as you seem to be implying, its likely a bug that the devs havent figured out how to fix. if thats the case, i doubt were going to be able to tell you a fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sure, but what do i do if i don't get an best answer, this is why i post everywhere.
    First, be patient. Second, respect the rules of this private platform. I assume you've meanwhile read them and also realised that we expect you to wait for at least 24 hours before you bump an unanswered question. I'm convinced you agree that a forum like XDA with 11+ million members, 3.5+ million threads and 78+ million posts can only be positively maintained to the benefit of its members if there're rules that are enforced.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    ....snip...

In the practice it's impossible to have a Samsung Q ROM for a Samsung device that official support stopped at Nougat, or at least I have never seen that. The most I could see is one and only one major update, of course may I totally wrong but never saw more than one update not supported officially.
    Funny you should chose Samsung for you example, my previous / spare device device is a Samsung S4 from 2013, which had official support stop at Lollipop (ie android 5, 2 before Nougat). There is an unofficial ROM using the blobs from the last official release for a current LineageOS 18.1 (ie R, ie Android 11), so that is the next version of android past Q. There is also talk of people starting builds of android 12 for this device. So it is very possible, but it also goes beyond the issue of manufacturers releasing the full source.

I used to build ROMs from source for this device and a few other even older devices (and released here on XDA), which were well beyond the last official versions released by the manufacturer (from jelly bean to lollipop I think on another). That is one of the reasons for using/building custom ROMs on older devices. ie to upgrade your android version beyond official manufacturer support. To enable building these ROMs, more than just the Kernel needs to be attained. The example I gave a link for is simply just one case I found in a single web search. If you read the article, it actually talks of samsung releasing their source quickly, which I would assume is the full source of the ROM, but not the source for proprietary hardware drivers.
    Can you please add more info on what you are saying? Those words mean nothing to me. " erasing caches through recovery" "logs are good"
    I guess "mean nothing to me" it really means that you are unfamiliar with.

You may need to read something like these:
    - https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/boot-your-oneplus-5-5t-into-recovery-fastboot-mode-0182576/
    - https://krispitech.com/oneplus-5-wipe-cache-partition/
    - https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-keep-track-of-battery-drain-information-on-android/
    Got a Droid Turbo with LineageOS recovery, only seen as offline, even with a 'factory' cord. Data and system were wiped to try to start anew, but the unexpected offline condition prevents any side loading. Any tips on how to remove the offline condition? My apologies if this is the wrong forum.
    It seemed better to answer you in this thread.
    Hi. :)

I do not have the device and do not know your setup, so generic answer. ;)
    • Some devices have issues with USB ports, best to use a USB 2.0 port.
      Also try a different USB port and/or USB cable.
      If it is a USB-C to USB-C cable, try switching it (End B to computer, End A to device.)​
    • Windows - Make sure you have the correct (additional) drivers installed for the device when is in fastboot mode.
    • linux - Make sure you have access to USB.
      Depending on the linux distro you are running..
      Make sure the device is set in your udev-dev-rules and you (user) are part of the plugdev group.
      adb might be able to connect, that is a different connection than fastboot.​
    • macOS - Normally works out of the box once platform-tools are installed.

Hope something above helps. 🙃

Maybe another member (who knows more about the issue you are running into) is willing to help. :D

Cheers. :cowboy:

PS.
    For anyone who is looking for the official link. :whistle:
    SDK Platform Tools - developer.android - WebSite - Link
    hey everyone. hope all are doing well.
    a question , i have latest adb/fastboot (platform tools v.r31.03) installed on windows.
    while phone is on and in "regular" user mode , "adb devices" shows phone's serial no.
    when i put phone in fastboot mode (still connected to pc. and have tried disconecting from pc , put into fastboot and then reconnecting) and "adb devices" shows nothing.
    any ideas how to get phone to show up in fastboot?
    all ideas and suggestions welcomed. :)
    You can't use adb commands while booted to bootloader. You can only use fastboot commands.

What you want to enter is: fastboot devices
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo