Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

mohashman

May 3, 2020

Thanks. I downloaded the file. Its a DumpLS665 RlEditor file. Is that the same as a Tot or Kdz file?

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I need the stock firmware for the LG LS665 Tribute 2 Boost mobile. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This seems to be a good tutorial for unbricking and I could try it.
But, the part where you're supposed to input the AP Chipset in willcracker's BoardDiag, it doesn't have any options for the LS665 chipset which should be MSM8916. I don't think I'll make any progress there without that option. Any help?

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I need the stock firmware for the LG LS665 Tribute 2 Boost mobile. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

But, the part where you're supposed to input the AP Chipset in willcracker's BoardDiag, it doesn't have any options for the LS665 chipset which should be MSM8916. I don't think I'll make any progress there without that option. Any help?

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Thanks. I downloaded the file. Its a DumpLS665 RlEditor file. Is that the same as a Tot or Kdz file?

It's a file in RAR format, inside you probably will find a TOT file with the corresponding DLL for your device.

In the post also said to try to fool the tool with accepting any other similar compatible chipset to can go to the next setup/step.

And what about all the options to boot to, are you sure that you tried all the ways? Flashmode, fastboot mode, Factory mode (this without a PC).?

mohashman

May 3, 2020
    It's a file in RAR format, inside you probably will find a TOT file with the corresponding DLL for your device.

In the post also said to try to fool the tool with accepting any other similar compatible chipset to can go to the next setup/step.

And what about all the options to boot to, are you sure that you tried all the ways? Flashmode, fastboot mode, Factory mode (this without a PC).?

Unfortunately no, none of the modes you mentioned are working coz the phone is hard bricked. Doesn't go into Download mode either.

Johnny Lighting

May 13, 2020
    Hi folks.
    Can`t start new thread so I ask here.
    I’ve been reading Google for about 2 weeks now (including xda), but I haven’t seen an exact description of my case anywhere. I hope for your help.

Introductory:
    • Blackview a20 phone, purchased in August 2019, was constantly activated updating the Android via wi-fi.
    • In April 2020, the camera stopped working, in connection with which an attempt was made to reflash, and then completely install Android 10

I found this and this article and followed the instructions.

After an unsuccessful attempt to download an AOSP 10 image (target reported max download size of ... bytes error), the phone in fastboot mode was left overnight without recharging and completely sat down.

What is the result:
    • The phone stopped charging (when the charger is connected, an icon appears on the screen with a discharged battery and the screen goes blank) and does not turn on by pressing the power key
    • The combination of power + volume up succeeds (not always on the first try) to enter select boot mode
    • The volume up button works, but when you select any of the three items and press volume down, the screen turns off
    • The phone now does not connect to the computer (it is detected that the usb connection signal sounds and disconnects after a second)

What can be done now? Is there a chance for a unbricking?

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
    Hi folks.
    I’ve been reading Google for about 2 weeks now (including xda), but I haven’t seen an exact description of my case anywhere. I hope for your help.

Introductory:
    Blackview a20 phone, purchased in August 2019, was constantly activated updating the Android via wi-fi.

In April 2020, the camera stopped working, in connection with which an attempt was made to reflash, and then completely install Android 10

After an unsuccessful attempt to download an AOSP 10 image (target reported max download size of ... bytes error), the phone in fastboot mode was left overnight without recharging and completely sat down.

What is the result:
    The phone stopped charging (when the charger is connected, an icon appears on the screen with a discharged battery and the screen goes blank) and does not turn on by pressing the power key

The combination of power + volume up succeeds (not always on the first try) to enter select boot mode

The volume up button works, but when you select any of the three items and press volume down, the screen turns off

The phone now does not connect to the computer (it is detected that the usb connection signal sounds and disconnects after a second)

the phone might be bricked. instead of trying to fix it, I would suggest buying an Samsung s6. found some on eBay for around 65$. it s a very known phone, therefore you will have no problem finding lots and lots of custom ROMs and kernels for it. and it also have rugged cases, in case you wonder. a phone with 1 gb of RAM is a bad choice nowadays. I suggest at least 3 gb of ram.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hi folks.

Introductory:
    • Blackview a20 phone, purchased in August 2019, was constantly activated updating the Android via wi-fi.
    • In April 2020, the camera stopped working, in connection with which an attempt was made to reflash, and then completely install Android 10

What is the result:
    • The phone stopped charging (when the charger is connected, an icon appears on the screen with a discharged battery and the screen goes blank) and does not turn on by pressing the power key
    • The combination of power + volume up succeeds (not always on the first try) to enter select boot mode
    • The volume up button works, but when you select any of the three items and press volume down, the screen turns off
    • The phone now does not connect to the computer (it is detected that the usb connection signal sounds and disconnects after a second)

I don't think that a device like this shipped with Android Go and no 4G compatibility has any real capability to support Android 10 features as Pixel devices, this dream is enough, something like this it's a sort of chimera.

This is the way-to-go to at least try to recover your device and return again to the reality https://www.gizrom.com/blackview-a20-stock-firmware/ Here you will find all the files needed to do so.

Reactions: xunholyx

Johnny Lighting

May 13, 2020
    the phone might be bricked. instead of trying to fix it, I would suggest buying an Samsung s6. found some on eBay for around 65$. it s a very known phone, therefore you will have no problem finding lots and lots of custom ROMs and kernels for it. and it also have rugged cases, in case you wonder. a phone with 1 gb of RAM is a bad choice nowadays. I suggest at least 3 gb of ram.

My blackview is a phone i used at work and which was not a pity to break or lose. I used nothing but camera, messenger and 2-3 other apps, 1gb was quite enough for these tasks. Thanks.

I don't think that a device like this shipped with Android Go and no 4G compatibility has any real capability to support Android 10 features as Pixel devices, this dream is enough, something like this it's a sort of chimera.

This is the way-to-go to at least try to recover your device and return again to the reality Here you will find all the files needed to do so.

Well, thanks a lot, i`ll try this guide.

flameir

Jan 3, 2016
    Today I updated fathers phone (LG G3) to Lineage 16. Before that I did a backup of sms with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backupyourmobile&hl=en_US&showAllReviews=true
    Backup files are on google drives now, so I already downloaded them. It looks like this:
    FLOh31Q.png

Now I cant restore them with that app and I really dont know, what to do.
    Can I ask anyone for help, because my father has here sms from first nokia Symbian phone, some of them are almost 20 years old... And he really want these sms (you know, he deletes sms every day, except important ones... :) )

If anyone maybe can help, I can send these files to him. Thank you very much!

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
    Dec 3, 2012
    Vancouver
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Google Pixel 5
    Last edited:

helpmenowyes

May 15, 2020
    Get a Pixel.
    3yrs of monthly updates. Super easy to root. And if you need to get a repair during your warranty period while you are rooted, they don't care that you are rooted like mostly every other OEM is.

which pixel. so i am 100% new to rooting so i dont even understand. if were to get pixel 3a or 3a xl would i be able to root it on the latest version? i dont know how even so i dont want an outdated root tutorial or do i sound retarded by saying outdated root tutorial you get me. i just need someone to explain to me.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
    Dec 3, 2012
    Vancouver
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Google Pixel 5
    which pixel. so i am 100% new to rooting so i dont even understand. if were to get pixel 3a or 3a xl would i be able to root it on the latest version? i dont know how even so i dont want an outdated root tutorial or do i sound retarded by saying outdated root tutorial you get me. i just need someone to explain to me.

You replied before I edited my comment. I would wait for the 4a myself, but if you can get a good deal on a 3aXL I would go for that, athough you'll get an extra year of updates with the 4a.
    If you do get a Pixel there are many easy to follow tutorials to root them. Just Google "pixel **model/version here** xda", click on the link to that devices forums, scroll down and you will find a guides section.
    Like I said, Pixels are super easy to root. fastboot flashing unlock in fastboot, patch the boot.img with the Magisk Manager app, flash the patched boot.img in fastboot. That's it, you're rooted. The guides section will explain it in more detail.

Top Liked Posts