[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,674 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Perhaps upload mode allows official service to update your phone, if their services are down and you need the update. That would be my guess. Couldn't find any explanation of upload mode online.
I found a few references to it but nothing that seemed dramatic enough for me to read far into. Never even knew there was a such thing as upload mode until I found this. I was hoping maybe it was a splash screen for fastboot but apparently it is not. So far I have yet to find any hopeful functionality in this mode. But that doesn't mean there isn't any.

On this same device I have managed to make KingRóot the device owner using ADB shell dpm. Kingroot does have a receiver for device owner. However it doesn't seem to have an effect that I can see. Hopefully something else might have a better effect at escalating privileges I don't know. was hoping this would be enough to get some kind of privilege escalation to get root access. Beforehand I was also able to make icebox apps freezer device owner as well. The good thing about that is the application can be used to legitimately disable or freeze every application including system apps.

AkashGerrad

Apr 20, 2018
So my question is - I've been using OnePlus 5 for 2 years now. Specs are 8 gb 128gb and currently running 10.0.1 , the issue is whenever i use the inbuilt screen recorder my touch lags. There's a slight delay in registering the touch when I'm recording. I tried different resolutions , bit rates but nothing works , it's quite frustrating. I had this problem in the previous os also. Is there any solutions?

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
First post here, my knowledge is basically 0, will keep learning, thank you for your help.
Been reading around here but couldn't find any info on my specific device and from what I read a lot of the modding is device specific.

I have been gaming for 6 months and gotten interested in tech. I own a Lenovo tab e7 and wanted to try to root and overclock, game and maybe even mod the cooling system.

I searched for the device in Lenovo category but no option. I saw a video and someone done it but wanna know what XDA think.

If it's possible to root and OC my TB-7104F running Oreo Go ( 4x1.5ghz, 1gb ram) ?

Explanations are appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
So my question is - I've been using OnePlus 5 for 2 years now. Specs are 8 gb 128gb and currently running 10.0.1 , the issue is whenever i use the inbuilt screen recorder my touch lags. There's a slight delay in registering the touch when I'm recording. I tried different resolutions , bit rates but nothing works , it's quite frustrating. I had this problem in the previous os also. Is there any solutions?
Use AZ Screen Recorder. I've been using it for a few years and it works great. (Although on my Pixel 5 there's an inbuilt recorder ~ haven't really tried it yet)

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
First post here, my knowledge is basically 0, will keep learning, thank you for your help.
Been reading around here but couldn't find any info on my specific device and from what I read a lot of the modding is device specific.

I have been gaming for 6 months and gotten interested in tech. I own a Lenovo tab e7 and wanted to try to root and overclock, game and maybe even mod the cooling system.

I searched for the device in Lenovo category but no option. I saw a video and someone done it but wanna know what XDA think.

If it's possible to root and OC my TB-7104F running Oreo Go ( 4x1.5ghz, 1gb ram) ?

Explanations are appreciated!

Thank you.
Well, it's a simple process.backup your data since you will delete everything. Delete your Google account from your settings. Recommended would be to factory reset your device.

First you need to unlock the bootloader. Install on you computer "TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]". It's a zip, unzip it on your computer and you are done. Then, enter settings, about, press build until developer options appear. Then select "allow bootloader to be unlocked". Reboot into fastboot, read online how. Most likely will be something like power + volume down. Type "fastboot OEM unlock", hit enter, something might show on your tablet, choose the needed option and you are done, the bootloader is unlocked.

Root you can get either by using a one click app, like kingoroot (there are about 5-6 apps like this, search online) or to use the sp flash tool (your processor is mediatek). If you need to use the sp flash tool, you need to get the stock rom for your tablet and extract the boot.img. Install on your tablet magisk manager. Patch the boot.img with magisk, then flash it with the sp flash tool. That's how you get root.

For gaming, would recommend to install LSpeed(you can find it online, playstore remove it) and GL Tools (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...da-graphic-optimizer-updated-20-3-16.2828630/). Give them super su access.

Also, see if anyone made a twrp for your device. Really helps restoring it back to working order when you break something. Can't really recommend anything, since the twrp I found are on spooky websites. Take care.

Reactions: SilvaGi

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
Well, it's a simple process.backup your data since you will delete everything. Delete your Google account from your settings. Recommended would be to factory reset your device.

First you need to unlock the bootloader. Install on you computer "TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]". It's a zip, unzip it on your computer and you are done. Then, enter settings, about, press build until developer options appear. Then select "allow bootloader to be unlocked". Reboot into fastboot, read online how. Most likely will be something like power + volume down. Type "fastboot OEM unlock", hit enter, something might show on your tablet, choose the needed option and you are done, the bootloader is unlocked.

Root you can get either by using a one click app, like kingoroot (there are about 5-6 apps like this, search online) or to use the sp flash tool (your processor is mediatek). If you need to use the sp flash tool, you need to get the stock rom for your tablet and extract the boot.img. Install on your tablet magisk manager. Patch the boot.img with magisk, then flash it with the sp flash tool. That's how you get root.

For gaming, would recommend to install LSpeed(you can find it online, playstore remove it) and GL Tools (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...da-graphic-optimizer-updated-20-3-16.2828630/). Give them super su access.

Also, see if anyone made a twrp for your device. Really helps restoring it back to working order when you break something. Can't really recommend anything, since the twrp I found are on spooky websites. Take care.
Im at the stage of unlocking the bootloader. I have got the fastboot running via that program ABD and fastboot you recommended. once the fastboot opens on the device i try to type in command "fastboot OEM unlock" but it says <waiting for any device> and thats it. I also tried " fastboot flashing unlock " but no.

Have i done this right or do i need a unlock code from lenovo or is the bootloader locked and cant unlock?

Thanks so much for the easy to understand guide!!

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
Im at the stage of unlocking the bootloader. I have got the fastboot running via that program ABD and fastboot you recommended. once the fastboot opens on the device i try to type in command "fastboot OEM unlock" but it says <waiting for any device> and thats it. I also tried " fastboot flashing unlock " but no.

Have i done this right or do i need a unlock code from lenovo or is the bootloader locked and cant unlock?

Thanks so much for the easy to understand guide!!
Is your device in fastboot mode? Did you rebooted into fastboot mode? If not, that's the cause. Another cause for fastboot to not see your device is faulty fastboot drivers. You need to reinstall them.

The most safe way of making sure you ve got the right drivers would be to install lenovo link to both your pc and smartphone and connecting with it. If you manage to get it working correctly, this is ensure you ve got the best drivers. Afterwards, simply reboot the pc and uninstall the app from your pc and you can try unlocking your bootloader again.

Last edited:

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
Is your device in fastboot mode? Did you rebooted into fastboot mode? If not, that's the cause. Another cause for fastboot to not see your device is faulty fastboot drivers. You need to reinstall them.
TBH, i dont know what fastboot is so im not sure. What i got was a black screen with the word "fastboot..." written in lower left corner, was small text, when i entered cmd "adb reboot-bootloader" after abd devices.

How to install fastboot drivers??? where to get them?

Thanks for your help, below is a screen shot of the events in that program you gave

fastboot waiting for any device.png

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
TBH, i dont know what fastboot is so im not sure. What i got was a black screen with the word "fastboot..." written in lower left corner, was small text, when i entered cmd "adb reboot-bootloader" after abd devices.

How to install fastboot drivers??? where to get them?

Thanks for your help, below is a screen shot of the events in that program you gave

View attachment 5191273
Like I said, your issue is caused by the fact that your computer doesn't sees your device. Install lenovo link, on both, connect your smartphone to the pc, when that will happen means you ve got the right drivers fully installed and working. Then reboot, uninstall the pc app in order not to interfere with fastboot app and try unlocking it again.

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
Like I said, your issue is caused by the fact that your computer doesn't sees your device. Install lenovo link, on both, connect your smartphone to the pc, when that will happen means you ve got the right drivers fully installed and working. Then reboot, uninstall the pc app in order not to interfere with fastboot app and try unlocking it again.
I couldnt install lenovo link on PC only the lenovo tab, i think lenovo dont support it anymore, only app.
So i tried a zip file form a website and also successfully connect the tablet to pc via lenovos "rescue and smart assistant" program ( which should have drivers right?)
BUT when i try to unlock bootloader again i get same answers.

I connect the device, enter the cmds, i get to the some sort of fast boot, not sure if it is blackscreen on tablet, THEN I enter the cmd "fastboot OEM unlock but met with "waiting for any device"

How can i get drivers? i tried the drivers/ manuals downloads on website for my tablet but all there is is that rescue and smart assistance progeram and some open source code file .

Do you recon i dont have drivers still or maybe bootloader is untouchable??

Thanks mate

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
I couldnt install lenovo link on PC only the lenovo tab, i think lenovo dont support it anymore, only app.
So i tried a zip file form a website and also successfully connect the tablet to pc via lenovos "rescue and smart assistant" program ( which should have drivers right?)
BUT when i try to unlock bootloader again i get same answers.

I connect the device, enter the cmds, i get to the some sort of fast boot, not sure if it is blackscreen on tablet, THEN I enter the cmd "fastboot OEM unlock but met with "waiting for any device"

How can i get drivers? i tried the drivers/ manuals downloads on website for my tablet but all there is is that rescue and smart assistance progeram and some open source code file .

Do you recon i dont have drivers still or maybe bootloader is untouchable??

Thanks mate
That may be. What you could try is the following : install magisk manager on your tablet, get the stock rom for your tablet, extract the boot.img, patched it with magisk manager and then flash it with sp flash tool. Some bootloaders, even when locked, do allow for such method. This way you gain root even with locked bootloader.

carlos567

Jan 15, 2021
hi , i been trying to use sp flash tool to install a complete stock rom on my lenovo s5000. i have installed the vcom and preloader drivers , but every time i press the download button on the sp flash , it runs the installation until 50% , then it appears a error saying: 4008 install fail. i been trying on several versions of flash tool and it keep happening the same error. what can i do , i am stuck. help!!!!!!!

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
hi , i been trying to use sp flash tool to install a complete stock rom on my lenovo s5000. i have installed the vcom and preloader drivers , but every time i press the download button on the sp flash , it runs the installation until 50% , then it appears a error saying: 4008 install fail. i been trying on several versions of flash tool and it keep happening the same error. what can i do , i am stuck. help!!!!!!!
This error 4008 is generally caused when trying to flash a ROM or partition that isn't correctly addressed in the scatter. Either the scatter is addressing the image to flash at a spot that doesn't correspond with the partition setup, or the image is larger than what's specified in the scatter. Double check your scatter file. Most likely is faulty

Waxfruit

Jan 18, 2021
How do I get my legally purchased google play apps to run on my amazon tablet? I have a fire 10 HD and I used the fire toolbox to debloat and install google play, and I was able to download my owned apps though google play onto my fire tablet, but some of them give a license error (mostly kemco titles) when I try to run them.

I'm going to stress that these are apps I purchased from the google play store and legally own, I'm not trying to pirate stuff. I can run them on my phone and through bluestacks on my PC just fine, but they fail the license check on my amazon tablet. I've tried rebooting the tablet and launching them through google play games but nothing works.

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
How do I get my legally purchased google play apps to run on my amazon tablet? I have a fire 10 HD and I used the fire toolbox to debloat and install google play, and I was able to download my owned apps though google play onto my fire tablet, but some of them give a license error (mostly kemco titles) when I try to run them.

I'm going to stress that these are apps I purchased from the google play store and legally own, I'm not trying to pirate stuff. I can run them on my phone and through bluestacks on my PC just fine, but they fail the license check on my amazon tablet. I've tried rebooting the tablet and launching them through google play games but nothing works.
You ve bought the right to play those games under Google license agreement. Since Amazon fire tablets aren't under Google license agreement, you would need to buy them again under Amazon license agreement. Or try to speak with the developer, maybe you can get those apps on Amazon as well.

Reactions: Waxfruit

Waxfruit

Jan 18, 2021
You ve bought the right to play those games under Google license agreement. Since Amazon fire tablets aren't under Google license agreement, you would need to buy them again under Amazon license agreement. Or try to speak with the developer, maybe you can get those apps on Amazon as well.
Other apps from the same developer work just fine though, and some of the ones that don't work aren't even sold on amazon. That's what confused me.

So basically some license checks look at the actual device too and not just whether or not the app has been purchased?

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
That may be. What you could try is the following : install magisk manager on your tablet, get the stock rom for your tablet, extract the boot.img, patched it with magisk manager and then flash it with sp flash tool. Some bootloaders, even when locked, do allow for such method. This way you gain root even with locked bootloader.
Anyway to run diagnostics to know if it's locked or not?? If it is I'll have to learn more!
Btw, since theres not much support or info on rooting this model, could I overclock it simply?
Do these things allow for increased voltage like a PC or do you only increase clock speed with stock power??
Cheers!