[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,674 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Android: How can I change the name of the model of my Gpu? Already rooted
I have never had to change mny GPU name, or know if its in the following, but a lot of "labels" are actually pulled by default from your Build prop's file. Have a look in there. But i have also built ROMs from source, and a lot of these types of things are hard coded and built into the phones binaries. It all depends on why you are trying to change it and where your specific app is specifically pulling the info from.

Reactions: xunholyx

MadmanWacko

Jan 22, 2021
So I've recently had an issue with Wifi dropping to the point where I can't do anything, and also not even being able to connect to my other network because of the most recent update on my Samsung Galaxy A20; I also can't see my 5GHz band anymore. After running a speed test 5 times, only once was I getting the regular amount I've always gotten, the other 4 times I max out at 0.5mbps. I tried several things such as resetting all network settings, wipe cache partition, and factory resetting with no luck. Any tips on what I may be able to do in order to get my Wifi back to actually functioning? I'll list the information below. Thanks!
  • Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205G)
  • Build Number: A205GUBS8BTL3 / A205GUBS8BTL2
  • Android OS Version: Android 10
  • Android Security Patch Level: December 1, 2020

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
So I've recently had an issue with Wifi dropping to the point where I can't do anything, and also not even being able to connect to my other network because of the most recent update on my Samsung Galaxy A20; I also can't see my 5GHz band anymore. After running a speed test 5 times, only once was I getting the regular amount I've always gotten, the other 4 times I max out at 0.5mbps. I tried several things such as resetting all network settings, wipe cache partition, and factory resetting with no luck. Any tips on what I may be able to do in order to get my Wifi back to actually functioning? I'll list the information below. Thanks!
  • Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205G)
  • Build Number: A205GUBS8BTL3 / A205GUBS8BTL2
  • Android OS Version: Android 10
  • Android Security Patch Level: December 1, 2020
are you certain its your phone and not your WiFi router? does it work full speed on a different device to the same network over WiFi?

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Yeah, I completely forgot to mention that every other device on the network works completely fine, full speed.
First thought to me personally is a connection issue with yur WiFi arial (eg the arial has disconnected from the board or has a dirty connection if it "touches" the back of your phone like a lot of GPS units do). I would next check how well it see's any/all WiFi access points near you. I personally use a WiFi analyzer from F-Droid. The one on the playstre has not worked for me for a while and not on multiple devices. Actually, dioes it connect well to other Hotspots? if you can, create a hotspot off one of your other devices

respecc

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, so I could use some help. I was trying to get stock android on my xiaomi redmi note 9. So I unlocked the bootloader and flashed twrp custom recovery from this video
. I also flashed the vbmeta from that video, misc.bin and booted into the recovery. Somehow tho now when i start up my device I automatically go to recovery and my recovery is a light black screen. I've tried flashing other recovery's that were advertised as compatible with my device but all with the same result. Could anyone help me get miui or stock android working on my redmi note 9? I can still go to fastboot and adb seems to be working.
Update: I installed stock redmi note 9 stock rom, flashed the recovery via fastboot and miui works again. If anyone could still help me flashing stock android and/or twrp recovery but properly this time that would be grealy appreciated!
Using this guide: https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-4-1-root-redmi-note-9/ gives me the same problem.

Last edited:

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
Trying to watch some movies on Netflix, the app says I should get full HD but because of weak wifi connection I get at most SD. would restricting apps from connecting to wifi make sense in order to improve this?

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Back to my LGE-K500UM (LMK500, LG K51, mdh30lm), android 9. So interesting thing...I was able to set an application to debug in developer settings... without the application being "debuggable". I use the app 'Settings Database Editor' on every device I own. I also purchased the plugin that persists settings I edit/change, across reboots. So I was able to:

Code:
adb shell settings put global debug_app com.package.name
Now without root, and in order for this setting to persist you need the paid feature option for 'Settings Database Editor' and set the module to run in the background and place in icon in the notification bar that will persist your chosen setting. The command below should spit out the value of that global setting.

Code:
adb shell settings get global debug_app
In my case it's com.kingroot.kinguser, though I imagine you could probably enter any package name though this is the only one I have tried at the moment. On this device for the moment I can't see any effect though I have not looked at any of the logs since enabling this. Assuming it works it would at least allow you to 'run-as' without root privileges.

It would be cool if anyone knew what else I might be able to do with this handy little feature. For example, on the 2017 Amazon tablets, there was a system application in which the developers forgot or didn't care about removing a boolean from a stock APK that when decompiled, you could change the value of that boolean from 0 to 1 (false to true) for "application_is_debuggable" and then was able to use a script to escalate privileges for root access.

Xupix_

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I have just one problem. I recently created my own boot animation on my android, everything was working fine but i noticed that some of the photos weren't showing during the boot animation.

I created 3 folders, part0, part1 and part2 but the part2 never plays.

That's what i put in the desc.txt :

1080 2160 60
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
p 1 0 part2

If someone knows the answer that would be really great.

Thank you in advance.

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,

I have just one problem. I recently created my own boot animation on my android, everything was working fine but i noticed that some of the photos weren't showing during the boot animation.

I created 3 folders, part0, part1 and part2 but the part2 never plays.

That's what i put in the desc.txt :

1080 2160 60
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
p 1 0 part2

If someone knows the answer that would be really great.

Thank you in advance.
Haven't mess around that much with bootanimation, not even making one. Perhaps the solution is simple. Maybe 0 0 is a ending command for it. Change 0 0 for part 1 into 1 0 and make 1 0 into 0 0 for part 2. Who knows..

Xupix_

Jan 22, 2021
s on Netflix, the app says I should get full HD but because of weak wifi connection I get at most SD. would restricting apps from connecting to wif
Haven't mess around that much with bootanimation, not even making one. Perhaps the solution is simple. Maybe 0 0 is a ending command for it. Change 0 0 for part 1 into 1 0 and make 0 0 into 1 0 for part 2. Who knows..
Ok, I will let you know if it's working know

Xupix_

Jan 22, 2021
Haven't mess around that much with bootanimation, not even making one. Perhaps the solution is simple. Maybe 0 0 is a ending command for it. Change 0 0 for part 1 into 1 0 and make 1 0 into 0 0 for part 2. Who knows..
I totally forgot to say something, i want to make loop the part1 and when the boot is completed, i want it to show the part2 and there you go

MadmanWacko

Jan 22, 2021
First thought to me personally is a connection issue with yur WiFi arial (eg the arial has disconnected from the board or has a dirty connection if it "touches" the back of your phone like a lot of GPS units do). I would next check how well it see's any/all WiFi access points near you. I personally use a WiFi analyzer from F-Droid. The one on the playstre has not worked for me for a while and not on multiple devices. Actually, dioes it connect well to other Hotspots? if you can, create a hotspot off one of your other devices
Yeah, it actually worked fine on another phone HotSpot, but that's not something I can realistically do, unfortunately. We're using enterprise-level FortiGate AP's, I don't know how that would affect the phone's bandwidth all of a sudden though, but we did just recently set those up. I also used 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz when I set up a Hotspot and it worked perfectly fine, but it's still weird I can no longer see the 5 GHz on the main WiFi I've always been on. I guess now I can't figure out if it's the phone or some Network / Firewall settings that made this an issue, it's just interesting that every other mobile device, streaming device, and gaming consoles have absolutely no issue, it's just my phone.

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
Yeah, it actually worked fine on another phone HotSpot, but that's not something I can realistically do, unfortunately. We're using enterprise-level FortiGate AP's, I don't know how that would affect the phone's bandwidth all of a sudden though, but we did just recently set those up. I also used 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz when I set up a Hotspot and it worked perfectly fine, but it's still weird I can no longer see the 5 GHz on the main WiFi I've always been on. I guess now I can't figure out if it's the phone or some Network / Firewall settings that made this an issue, it's just interesting that every other mobile device, streaming device, and gaming consoles have absolutely no issue, it's just my phone.
That's "enterprise level api" is a key information, important in helping you. This might be caused by a missing certication. Either way, you would need to contact your IT in order to get it to run. In the meantime, see if this link can help you

Ahmad Taha

Jan 22, 2021
Hi ALL,
any chance that anyone rooted the Pixel 5 or pixel4a 5G then get the NSG working?
the device i have is rooted correctly and checked by (Root checker) however the Diag port is silent and not producing any log, need to get the NSG working...
please help !
Thanks

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys, sorry to cut in here. hope i post in right place!
Ill be receiving my first google pixel 4 xl to experiment on, will be first time unlocking bootloader and rooting or custom ROM. I dont want to jump into it until im confident with everything and one thing thats on my mind is saftey of my accounts ( paypal, google, banking) as i use my phone for this.

I want to use the pixel for "modding" but have my oppo "stock" for managing my finances/accounts.

Whats some advice on a setup here, dual phones?

I also made another google account, should i use this for the pixel and have no sensitive infos and if i need money just deposit credit to second account from primary account.

until i get experienced i wanna be assured my money is safe. Cheers

MadmanWacko

Jan 22, 2021
That's "enterprise level api" is a key information, important in helping you. This might be caused by a missing certication. Either way, you would need to contact your IT in order to get it to run. In the meantime, see if this link can help you

Alright awesome, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

ouid2436

Jan 23, 2021
Hi, I have a Revvl 4 model 5007W, android 10 and it keeps killing my apps in the background so I have tried whitelisting my apps that didn't work, then I tried
Code:
 adb shell cmd appops set package_name RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND allow
That didn't work either, and I've tried
Code:
adb shell cmd appops set package_name WAKE_LOCK allow
That didn't work too. I have also tried don'tkillmyapps wasnt any help at all just kept saying 100%. Is there any other method that I could try?

Last edited: