[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,674 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

Spookis1

Jul 10, 2015
Hey, I have recently installed EdXposed framework through magisk and i don't passed safetynet anymore, i've read i should update EdXposed to the canary version but it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have the same issue with the newest EdXposed version (45700)? Also what is strange to me is that even though the safetynet fails, i can still use Gpay, should i be worried that it will stop working at some point in time?

Mikegaming202

Jan 23, 2021
Hi, So im trying to root my Lenovo TB-8045F and im following the steps on this XDA tutroial, but when I enter fast boot my tablet is considered "disconnected" from my pc and it wont allow me to do any more adb commands to it, what do I do to fix this so I can ocntinue the root proccess?

mangoduck

Jan 23, 2021
Android 10 hides the Files app, so it doesn't show up in the app drawer (it tries to force you to use "Files by Google" instead). Is there an easy way to un-hide it, or put it on the home screen?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Reactions: galaxys

voraciousb

Jan 23, 2021
Hello folks. Just new to rooting. I've been trying read as much as I can and I was wondering if it is possible to install TWRP and root without a custom boot kernel?

Regards,

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
Hello folks. Just new to rooting. I've been trying read as much as I can and I was wondering if it is possible to install TWRP and root without a custom boot kernel?

Regards,
Yes, totally possible. A custom kernel is required only if you want to overclock. You do need your bootloader to be unlocked though.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, I have a Revvl 4 model 5007W, android 10 and it keeps killing my apps in the background so I have tried whitelisting my apps that didn't work, then I tried
Code:
 adb shell cmd appops set package_name RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND allow
That didn't work either, and I've tried
Code:
adb shell cmd appops set package_name WAKE_LOCK allow
That didn't work too. I have also tried don'tkillmyapps wasnt any help at all just kept saying 100%. Is there any other method that I could try?
The following may do the same thing, but in settings, under developer options, there is a "background process limit" setting. Yours sounds like it is set to none.

Also, the another thing to look into is your LMK settings.

EDIT:almost forgot, you couldalso look into playing with OOM settings. Alhough it could be a lot of maintenance for daily/actual use, there is a "superman" type setting.
and, just thought, are you saying your music player is killed when you switch away from it?

Jimmy Stat

Mar 10, 2019
NYC & Louisville
can anyone help me install the Proton AOSP Custom Rom onto my pixel 5. I have succesfully rooted it with Magisk Canary and passed Safetynet. But im a little confused on how to flash this zip file bc everytime i flash it im getting this in command prompt:

what I've been doing is downloading the file to my PC (obviously) and when its done and in my downloads, i copy it over to my platform tools directory and then i try
"fastboot flash the drag and drop the zip file as well as Fastboot boot etc.,

BC This is what ive been getting:
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip
unknown partition 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'
fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'

and now this fof Fastboot boot ZipFile
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1-gapps.zip
creating boot image...
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc

but what im not understanding is do u unzip it to platform-tools and use flash-all, like reverting back to stock? bc this is what i get when i dont unzip it and just copy it to platform-tools directory from my downloads folder. this is my first time flashing a custom rom and i just cant seem to get anyone to tell me exactly what i need to do or what im doing wrong. PLEASE HELP

ouid2436

Jan 23, 2021
The following may do the same thing, but in settings, under developer options, there is a "background process limit" setting. Yours sounds like it is set to none.

Also, the another thing to look into is your LMK settings.

EDIT:almost forgot, you couldalso look into playing with OOM settings. Alhough it could be a lot of maintenance for daily/actual use, there is a "superman" type setting.
and, just thought, are you saying your music player is killed when you switch away from it?
Yes, basically and other apps that need to be in the background so I can get notifications from it. Also, when you mentioned lmk setting I looked into it and I saw articles mentioning that I can tweak it and it also mentions needing to root my phone for that to happen. Is there a way to tweak the lmk without rooting it?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Yes, basically and other apps that need to be in the background so I can get notifications from it. Also, when you mentioned lmk setting I looked into it and I saw articles mentioning that I can tweak it and it also mentions needing to root my phone for that to happen. Is there a way to tweak the lmk without rooting it?
Sorry, I have root and have always had root, so have no idea how to do things without it.

ouid2436

Jan 23, 2021
Can a Revvl 4 5007w model be rooted because I looked around and one person mentioned that it was similar to a different device that could work for rooting then someone else said that's wrong and mentioned a different device root so I was just wondering if it's possible.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
can anyone help me install the Proton AOSP Custom Rom onto my pixel 5. I have succesfully rooted it with Magisk Canary and passed Safetynet. But im a little confused on how to flash this zip file bc everytime i flash it im getting this in command prompt:

what I've been doing is downloading the file to my PC (obviously) and when its done and in my downloads, i copy it over to my platform tools directory and then i try
"fastboot flash the drag and drop the zip file as well as Fastboot boot etc.,

BC This is what ive been getting:
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip
unknown partition 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'
fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'

and now this fof Fastboot boot ZipFile
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1-gapps.zip
creating boot image...
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc

but what im not understanding is do u unzip it to platform-tools and use flash-all, like reverting back to stock? bc this is what i get when i dont unzip it and just copy it to platform-tools directory from my downloads folder. this is my first time flashing a custom rom and i just cant seem to get anyone to tell me exactly what i need to do or what im doing wrong. PLEASE HELP
Custom ROMs are to be flashed through a custom recovery, prior to flash this custom ROM you should have to unlock your bootloader and next flash a custom recovery like TWRP if available for your device, then you can flash this custom ROM and the GApps either copying the zip files to your internal memory or external SDcard (if your device support a slot) or using adb sideload feature from TWRP without need to copy/paste the zip files onto your device but directly placed in a convenient directory from your PC, adb sideload will send the files and will flash them.

You´ll use fastboot to return to stock ROM when you want to revert it.

APlusEdu

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I'm wondering if you guys have any forum for smart-board that uses android OS.
I have a SMART board that use Android 8.0 as the OS, and I definitely need some help to configure the system as I wanted.
These are my problems:
1. No Google play service. It's said that Google’s policies do not permit apps that require Google Play Services to be used on interactive display products. Is there anyway to bypass this? Or is there any way to know whether an app require Google play service?
2. Is there any custom mod that is compatible with it?

Thank you, and I really hope that you guys can help.

Have a great day