[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,675 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi Ive recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra phone used, but the play store is stuck on pending updates, none of the apps update and i cant install any new apps.

Ive tried factory resetting, reset settings, clearing cache/memory, reset multiple times, playing with the power settings modes - anything I could find online.

Nothing seems to work, does anyone know why this is happening? Id like to try sort it out as i only have a certain amount of time to return the phone as it was a lot of money for me. The phone came like new with box and all other features work fine, its only 5-6 months old.

During the intial set up, my SIM works, and i skip all the samsung stuff but that shouldnt be an issue i think. Its stuck on this "Completing Setup Installed 0 out of 5 applications". Ive tried stopping them but even 1 by 1 i cant install. The play store is also up to date according to the settings.
Maybe you need to go to recovery mode and perform a factory reset, wipe caches from it; be sure that you have access to Play Store and the device doesn´t have FRP lock activated.

Before that download the official stock ROM for your device and flash it through Odin using from the files the CSC_OXM/OYM/OMC or whatever else different than the HOME_CSC to do a clean flash, after that reboot and set it up the most you can.

JamesXZ

Feb 16, 2021
You need to flash an unlocked version (SM-G965U1) to your branded device (SM-G965U), if now is not attached to any carrier then you can follow these threads and complement the information from one to another:
Thanks for that. To make sure I'm understanding this properly before I brick the phone:

1.Download and install G965USQS4CSC8 with Odin 3.14.1_3B.
2.Step 1 allows G965U1UEU4CSC7 to be flashed over it with Odin, which removes carrier apps and allows for custom firmware to be flashed over it.
3.Download LineageOS and flash with Odin one more time. With LineageOS you flash the recovery first, and then the main OS but don't have to install TWRP or otherwise root the phone? I think?

Am I missing any other steps?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for that. To make sure I'm understanding this properly before I brick the phone:

1.Download and install G965USQS4CSC8 with Odin 3.14.1_3B.
2.Step 1 allows G965U1UEU4CSC7 to be flashed over it with Odin, which removes carrier apps and allows for custom firmware to be flashed over it.
3.Download LineageOS and flash with Odin one more time. With LineageOS you flash the recovery first, and then the main OS but don't have to install TWRP or otherwise root the phone? I think?

Am I missing any other steps?
Sorry for delay. The steps are totally a different scenario than what you asked previously, specially the second part.

It´s not needed to flash the firmware that you actually have (G965U) in order to flash over it the de-branded version (G965U1), this means that you should flash directly the G965U1 over what you actually have. Of course you have to read throroughly both threads to get the details, for example I have two important details to give you in a quick shot: the bootloader version (the fifth code/number from right to left) doesn´t have to be lower than the firmware you actually have, and some times you couldn´t go from a specific firmware to another specific one, that means that it could be that you couldn´t go eg, from CSC8 to CSC7.

The second part refers to install a custom ROM and root it, if you are interesting on that is totally other thing and the previous step is not needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

umirza85

Aug 12, 2006
Toronto
Maybe you need to go to recovery mode and perform a factory reset, wipe caches from it; be sure that you have access to Play Store and the device doesn´t have FRP lock activated.

Before that download the official stock ROM for your device and flash it through Odin using from the files the CSC_OXM/OYM/OMC or whatever else different than the HOME_CSC to do a clean flash, after that reboot and set it up the most you can.
Thanks I'll give the Odin thing a shot, i've already done a reset through recovery mode and from the phone (its really the same thing).

WIll i be able to do the Odin thing if my phone is not bootloader unlocked or rooted?? Its just a sim-unlocked phone purchased from a provider in the UK.

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Another day and another system update for this LG K51. No significant visual changes this time. Except for a few the system properties that have me scratching my head. Before we were looking at a system image as root=true. As of the latest update which completed around 3 this morning, system image as root=false. 🤔

bladesss

Jan 7, 2014
Does any experienced developer know a way to force constant 120Hz on Oppo Find x2 Pro? At the moment, despite selecting 120Hz in games, it still returns to 60Hz
Or if someone could unlock the bootloader of this phone?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks I'll give the Odin thing a shot, i've already done a reset through recovery mode and from the phone (its really the same thing).

WIll i be able to do the Odin thing if my phone is not bootloader unlocked or rooted?? Its just a sim-unlocked phone purchased from a provider in the UK.
It´s not exactly the same thing formatting data and then rebooting than formatting data through recovery and then going directly to download mode to perform what you are needing so in the meantime device reboots the USB debugging can be disabled (this is why sometimes devices get brick) and also all the caches and other stuffs are repopulated.

Yes, you don´t need to precisely unlock bootloader to operate with this modified Odin version but enable USB debugging that might be indicated in the thread I guess.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
manchester
Does any experienced developer know a way to force constant 120Hz on Oppo Find x2 Pro? At the moment, despite selecting 120Hz in games, it still returns to 60Hz
Or if someone could unlock the bootloader of this phone?

Evening matey, just asking. Are the games you are trying to play at 120hz, they are 120hz developed games? And not developed as 60hz maximum games? No offence intended, but got to ask 😊☕

Last edited:

bladesss

Jan 7, 2014
Evening matey, just asking. Are the games you are trying to play at 120hz, they are 120hz developed games? And not developed as 60hz maximum games? No offence intended, but got to ask 😊☕
I checked a few games adjusted to 120Hz (I found a list of them on the internet) and unfortunately absolutely all of them work at 60Hz: /

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
manchester
I checked a few games adjusted to 120Hz (I found a list of them on the internet) and unfortunately absolutely all of them work at 60Hz: /

Evening matey. Have a read, would suggest it's not currently possible to force it to work at 120hz as you expect it to do so. ☕😊

😊☕

Gabber48

Feb 3, 2021
Hello guys and girls,

Is it possible to flash a device that got firmware binary version S4 to U4? I got a Samsung Galaxy A3 with S4 binary and frp lock. The problem is there exist only combination files for the U binary but notfor the S binarys, so I can´t unlock the phone :/. Or do anybody know another way for Phones with S binary?

Beefstonk

Feb 11, 2021
Been struggling with this for awhile now. I am trying to flash Kali Nethunter onto my Nexus 6P, however I am encountering problems where there is an error right after "Starting the install process" (see attached) saying:

"Your data partition appears to be empty. Please complete the Android setup wizard before install Kali Nethunter! Aborting..."

I have tried wiping in TWRP by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > *clicking Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data*, tried re-flashing, no dice.

I have also tried "Repair or Change File System" in Wipe and formatted it to, first exFAT, then repeating the process and formatting it to ext4, tried re-flashing again and, once again, no dice.

I don't currently have an OS on the system. I am not sure what else to do. See attached pics of error messages. If there is anyone who can help me, would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

charliediep0

Feb 19, 2021
Hello there, I’m a new member of this Forum:

I joined here out of desperation to ask if Samsung Smart switch backs up app data, whether Play Store apps or unofficial Sideloaded APKs. More Specifically, if it backs up open Chrome tabs as well as open Ungoogled Chromium tabs (sideloaded, that is)?

My unrooted, stock Android 11 Samsung S10+ (SM-G975-U) got stuck on boot at the “Samsung” logo, after I downloaded and ”riced” my phone (nothing extreme or requiring custom ROMs or root, just with Samsung Good Lock and a few official play store apps that add quality of life options like edge screen sliders, quick settings panel buttons etc).

Tried all options, including soft resets, and every option in the recovery menu except for factory resetting. I did make a backup with Smart Switch the day before, but I’m worried it didn’t backup those Chrome/Ungoogled Chromium tabs. I have literal thousands... I’m holding off on factory resetting until I clear the air over how comprehensive Smart Switch is...

There are ways to export those Android Chrome tabs, but they require USB debugging permissions, which I enabled, but being stuck at boot prevents me from authorizing a USB connection. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I hear that reinstalling stock Android through Odin can possibly fix the boot issues, and with the benefit of not deleting my apps and data (at least from what I’ve read here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-flash-stock-rom-by-odin-dont-erase-all-user-data.2583588/). Is this true? What are my options?

God help me

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello there, I’m a new member of this Forum:

I joined here out of desperation to ask if Samsung Smart switch backs up app data, whether Play Store apps or unofficial Sideloaded APKs. More Specifically, if it backs up open Chrome tabs as well as open Ungoogled Chromium tabs (sideloaded, that is)?

My unrooted, stock Android 11 Samsung S10+ (SM-G975-U) got stuck on boot at the “Samsung” logo, after I downloaded and ”riced” my phone (nothing extreme or requiring custom ROMs or root, just with Samsung Good Lock and a few official play store apps that add quality of life options like edge screen sliders, quick settings panel buttons etc).

Tried all options, including soft resets, and every option in the recovery menu except for factory resetting. I did make a backup with Smart Switch the day before, but I’m worried it didn’t backup those Chrome/Ungoogled Chromium tabs. I have literal thousands... I’m holding off on factory resetting until I clear the air over how comprehensive Smart Switch is...

There are ways to export those Android Chrome tabs, but they require USB debugging permissions, which I enabled, but being stuck at boot prevents me from authorizing a USB connection. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I hear that reinstalling stock Android through Odin can possibly fix the boot issues, and with the benefit of not deleting my apps and data (at least from what I’ve read here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-flash-stock-rom-by-odin-dont-erase-all-user-data.2583588/). Is this true? What are my options?

God help me
When you backed up your apps, did you see Chrome within the apps? If not you can take a look inside the SmartSwitch folder either in your PC or in your SD Card and see if Chrome is there.

I don´t regularly use Chrome but I tried to use SmartSwitch now but Chrome not even is listed from the apps to be backed up, SmartSwitch offers a list of apps available, not all can be backed up and due to some app´s policies some data apps don´t allow backups.

As per the Odin it works, you just have to download the exact same firmware that you already have and get out to use the CSC file different than the HOME_CSC and the userdata file if you find it inside the firmware and the installation will preserve all of your data.

Last edited:

Myrrdrall

Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone. Since I'm a long time lurker often searching for answers (modder curse) I will try not to sounds like Total noob.
I bought BLACKVIEW BV9800 Pro. I like it kind of but la king of customization pisses me off but what really grind my hears is that I can not update system to Android 10. System tab just shows Android 9 and no option to update. Security tab shows the same... Is there aby way to update it without rooting? Please help :( well if push comes to shove I will root it so aby sugestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.