[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,675 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

charliediep0

Feb 19, 2021
When you backed up your apps, did you see Chrome within the apps? If not you can take a look inside the SmartSwitch folder either in your PC or in your SD Card and see if Chrome is there.

I don´t regularly use Chrome but I tried to use SmartSwitch now but Chrome not even is listed from the apps to be backed up, SmartSwitch offers a list of apps available, not all can be backed up and due to some app´s policies some data apps don´t allow backups.

As per the Odin it works, you just have to download the exact same firmware that you already have and get out to use the CSC file different than the HOME_CSC and the userdata file if you find it inside the firmware and the installation will preserve all of your data.
Hell yeah. There’s still a chance then. I believe there is Chrome in my apps backed up, but I can’t tell if it includes both vanilla Chrome and Ungoogled Chromium. Nor do I see where the appdata for all the apks that got backed up are located.

In regards to Odin, can you clarify this sentence, “and get out to use the CSC file different than the HOME_CSC and the userdata file if you find it inside the firmware”
I can’t seem to parse that phrase right. In any case, you’ve been a BIG relief. Thanks.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hell yeah. There’s still a chance then. I believe there is Chrome in my apps backed up, but I can’t tell if it includes both vanilla Chrome and Ungoogled Chromium. Nor do I see where the appdata for all the apks that got backed up are located.

In regards to Odin, can you clarify this sentence, “and get out to use the CSC file different than the HOME_CSC and the userdata file if you find it inside the firmware”
I can’t seem to parse that phrase right. In any case, you’ve been a BIG relief. Thanks.
Unfortunately you didn´t see when you were backing up all of your stuff in the apps section tapping on the arrow to see which apps and what from them are included cause in SmartSwitch the part that can´t be backed up is always expressed, this means that if data can´t be then no way but if it can then must include tabs and more.

When you download the firmware for your device, after to decrypt and unzip it you will find probably 5 files, two of them are named CSC, one is CSC_HOME and the other may vary from CSC_OYM/OXC and more; as you want to preserve your data you have to use the CSC_HOME file

charliediep0

Feb 19, 2021
Unfortunately you didn´t see when you were backing up all of your stuff in the apps section tapping on the arrow to see which apps and what from them are included cause in SmartSwitch the part that can´t be backed up is always expressed, this means that if data can´t be then no way but if it can then must include tabs and more.

When you download the firmware for your device, after to decrypt and unzip it you will find probably 5 files, two of them are named CSC, one is CSC_HOME and the other may vary from CSC_OYM/OXC and more; as you want to preserve your data you have to use the CSC_HOME file
Thank you very much! That clears things up for me.

shohel76

Feb 20, 2021
I have a micromax p 681 tab with one gb ram and working on Android 6. But i dont know why it hangs so much also from 1 gb ram 600 mb is always full .
I use this tab for my studies and online courses but i am now feeling very low because it is affecting my studies. So please any one can help in this ??

erdest

Feb 20, 2021
Hi, i'm new to XDA and ,as i can't find any rom for my very old tablet, i'm trying to learn how to make one from zero.
I have a few questions starting with do i require to upgrade kernel before installing a new android version? My tablet is a Majestic Tab 171 with Android 4.0.4 and Kernel 3.0.8+ and i want to take it to Android GO as it's light and perform well with low specs devices.
The second question is, if i need a newer kernel, how can i upgrade it?
Third question after upgrading the kernel, how can i extract the firmware from my tablet in order to upgrade it? I'm having issues MTK Droid as it's not able to build the scatter file.
If anyone need more infos about my tablet just tell me and i'll try to provide everything you need.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, i'm new to XDA and ,as i can't find any rom for my very old tablet, i'm trying to learn how to make one from zero.
I have a few questions starting with do i require to upgrade kernel before installing a new android version? My tablet is a Majestic Tab 171 with Android 4.0.4 and Kernel 3.0.8+ and i want to take it to Android GO as it's light and perform well with low specs devices.
The second question is, if i need a newer kernel, how can i upgrade it?
Third question after upgrading the kernel, how can i extract the firmware from my tablet in order to upgrade it? I'm having issues MTK Droid as it's not able to build the scatter file.
If anyone need more infos about my tablet just tell me and i'll try to provide everything you need.
For building from source questions, you would be better off asking questions on a thread like

For kernel stuff, try the thread:

And another thread I have watched, but not sure if it will be much use:

As for your question regarding needing a newer kernel. That depends, on a lot. eg. what version of android you are upgrading from, to.

My personal experience has been to reuse others Device, Kernel and vendor source, and apply it against different ROM sources. Specific device/kernel/Vendors will normally be for a specific version of android source. To find these, do a search on GitHub for your device, or find another custom ROM thread for your device, and they should link the source of the Kernel/Device/Vendor.

Last edited:

AgainWithThis

Mar 29, 2020
Is there any way without root to modify the x8sandbox apk (or any Virtual root system) to install itself outside of the android system folders and have it run?

Im on Android 11. Sd855 US. 🥺

Gabber48

Feb 3, 2021
Hello guys and girls,

Is it possible to flash a device that got firmware binary version S4 to U4? I got a Samsung Galaxy A3 with S4 binary and frp lock. The problem is there exist only combination files for the U binary but notfor the S binarys, so I can´t unlock the phone :/. Or do anybody know another way for Phones with S binary?

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Hello guys and girls,

Is it possible to flash a device that got firmware binary version S4 to U4? I got a Samsung Galaxy A3 with S4 binary and frp lock. The problem is there exist only combination files for the U binary but notfor the S binarys, so I can´t unlock the phone :/. Or do anybody know another way for Phones with S binary?
We are not allowed to discuss such things around these parts. I sent you a private message.

AkshitJoshi

Feb 7, 2021
Greater Noida
Well, if your model is the CPH1859 then the CPH1861 although probably match can cause more troubles so go for the one for your exact model.

From here https://oppostockrom.com/oppo-realme-1-cph1859 it looks like the latest is the last option: 191016
But.... I have some serious doubts. Can this file be flashed via Default Recovery mode (I remind you I don't have any TWRP) I am also attaching a photograph of the recovery mode in my phone. Also, I think I'll have to install via SD card as it seems that's the only option left now. Also how do I install that file and which file do I have to install? I am attaching a screenshot of the files in that package which you told me to download. Please clarify which file I have to use and which files I can remove or whatsoever.

Attachments

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
So I just noticed this, as I've had no reason to check and shut it off. But I got a notification in regards to an Xposed module I installed. I keep getting the notification to uninstall it because google says it and xposed installer are harmful apps. Now I know you're going to tell me why don't I go into Google Play Store settings and shut off play protect. Well I tried that and everything seems to be in order except I touch the toggles, and nothing happens. I mean literally nothing. Not even a sound when I tap it. I thought the screen was dead in that area so I ran several tests and it is not. I just simply cannot toggle them off.

JEIRPA19819

Feb 20, 2021
hello guys, it have been years and i havent try to use xmodgames again, wanna know if it still works on android 7 or 8 in the games of Clash Of Clans? please reply to me, thanks.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
But.... I have some serious doubts. Can this file be flashed via Default Recovery mode (I remind you I don't have any TWRP) I am also attaching a photograph of the recovery mode in my phone. Also, I think I'll have to install via SD card as it seems that's the only option left now. Also how do I install that file and which file do I have to install? I am attaching a screenshot of the files in that package which you told me to download. Please clarify which file I have to use and which files I can remove or whatsoever.
This firmware is to flash it through Realme Flash tool, you have to put your device in fastboot mode and follow the guidelines https://androidmtk.com/use-realme-flash-tool the file to choose is the OFP, if you take a look just in the sizes you will see that the other don´t match the minimal size requirement.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
How can I root my phone? Can I also recover photos after factory reset even without backup? Can professionals really help me? Thank u
Backup your photos to Google Photos or Amazon Photos or something like that.
Also, depending on your device (you haven't specified that here), there are different backup methods for apps and app data, rooted or not

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
BINGO! Good News: An exploit has been found in MediaTek devices that allow for 'protection' to be disabled while in bootrom...in other words, you no longer need an authentication file in order to use SP flash tool. And it works on this device. Bad news: 1) I cannot find a scatter file that supports this device (LG LM-K500/LG K51). 2) Have not been able to flash any firmware packages using LG Flash Tool (as far as I know there is no firmware for the Boost Mobile version of this device. There has to be something I can do now.

Deepanshu07

Apr 8, 2019
Please help.. I installed twrp on redmi 3s prime but now the phone is not booting up it gets stuck on mi logo. I tried installing lazy flasher through twrp but it is showing error 1. How do i fix this bootloop?