[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

Did you find this thread useful?

• Yes, it was very helpful to me.

Votes: 1,675 64.1%
  • No, I didn't feel it helped me.

Votes: 433 16.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 505 19.3%

• Total voters

Ozakong

Jul 27, 2012
I want to buy a new phon
I want to buy a new phone, but only one that i can put on his system TWRP. I also heard that Samsung and Pixel phones have unlocked bootloader, so it can make it easyer to install TWRP.

I want it also to be a cheap one...
So 3 limits - TWRP, Samsung, Cheap and basic

The problem is that the new Samsung basic phones are A01 & A02 etc... are new and they are not in the list of TWRP site:

So wich phone i shulde buy?
and im also dont know this site good enough... where is the right place to put my question???

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Please help.. I installed twrp on redmi 3s prime but now the phone is not booting up it gets stuck on mi logo. I tried installing lazy flasher through twrp but it is showing error 1. How do i fix this bootloop?
Did you follow correctly the guide? If it is an update (it´s an old device) you should flash it also through the old recovery to fix the ramdisk issue.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I want to buy a new phon
I want to buy a new phone, but only one that i can put on his system TWRP. I also heard that Samsung and Pixel phones have unlocked bootloader, so it can make it easyer to install TWRP.

I want it also to be a cheap one...
So 3 limits - TWRP, Samsung, Cheap and basic

The problem is that the new Samsung basic phones are A01 & A02 etc... are new and they are not in the list of TWRP site:

So wich phone i shulde buy?
and im also dont know this site good enough... where is the right place to put my question???
No, Samsung and Pixel phones don´t have unlocked bootloader by default but both are actually pretty easy to do it though. In some Samsung models OEM unlock is greyed out and you have to search a workaround to bypass this while in others inmediately can be done (as on my last A70)

The first I always do thinking in buy a new device is search here on XDA if there´s some development around, eg.: "Galaxy A01 XDA". I never search at first in the TWRP official site so unnoficial or even ported versions are usually released first.

This is a good site that might match your needs https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...not-sure-what-device-to-buy-ask-here.1846277/

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hi, I have had this problem for a long time with my device. What happens is that every time I put it with a SIM card, it connects and disconnects to the network as seen in the video. I honestly don't know what to do. Thanks
Get a logat, upload it to someplace like Dropbox, G Drive, Mega, etc, and post a link to it here. I'll take a look at it.
PM me if you don't know how to take a logcat. I'll walk you through it

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Ty man! help me allot!
How can i know which Samsung model is easy to unlock and which are hard?
Well Samsung have a lot of devices but I lastly had 3 from the A series (50, 30, 70) and they are all easy to unlock. As general rule if the OEM gives the tool and/or allows the unlock process it becames an easy thing to do, no exploit nor nothing like that needed, the only thing you need to know if it can be unlocked and if there is some interest from developers.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Nothingfound

Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone. Yes another noob here.
My question: How to know a Samsung Galaxy Model number without having to Turn it on or read it at the phone physically?

So I got this phone which is soft bricked and I tried all the standard stuff, doing a factory reset, clearing the cache, etc...
So what I wanted to try next was installing the original phone's Frimware, however I ran into a problem. since I cannot turn on the phone I don't know the exact model number and for some reason it isn't on anywhere on the phone either.
I was about 3 hours searching of a way to know the model without having to turn on the phone or look at the print inside the phone (cuz it isn't there) and I just couldn't find a way to do it. Maybe it's super easy and y'all are laughing at me right now but I really searched everywhere even in the Recovery and debug menus and couldn't find it. Help x.x

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A70s

Any help is appreciated.

Btw this thread is super outdated none of the images are there anymore and most of the links are also dead. Some1 should remake it.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello everyone. Yes another noob here.
My question: How to know a Samsung Galaxy Model number without having to Turn it off or read it at the phone physically?

So I got this phone which is soft bricked and I tried all the standard stuff, doing a factory reset, clearing the cache, etc...
So what I wanted to try next was installing the original phone's Frimware, however I ran into a problem. since I cannot turn on the phone I don't know the exact model number and for some reason it isn't on anywhere on the phone either.
I was about 3 hours searching of a way to know the model without having to turn on the phone or look at the print inside the phone (cuz it isn't there) and I just couldn't find a way to do it. Maybe it's super easy and y'all are laughing at me right now but I really searched everywhere even in the Recovery and debug menus and couldn't find it. Help x.x

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A70s

Any help is appreciated.

Btw this thread is super outdated none of the images are there anymore and most of the links are also dead. Some1 should remake it.
It would be useful to know what let your device in bootloop state. Without shut it off or tun it on? it´s very limited, a bootloop although the inconsistency always allows a way to go from a powered off device to other mode, say recovery or download mode.

You´ll have an approach taking a look in the time you bought the device, also checking the IMEI in some site you can give you an idea about the firmware that was released with and calculate how many updates you did. Of course none of those are exact.
Anyway in order to flash a firmware to fix your device you simply can flash the latest according your variant and country code.

Lastly I hope you can go to the stock recovery by shutting it off complletely pressing the three buttons simultaneously, when device is totally off quickly release volume down and keep pressing volume up + pwr, when device starts to vibrate in the Samsung logo release pwr button, this will bring you to recovery, you´ll see the current build number at the top of the recovery screen.

Ozakong

Jul 27, 2012
Well Samsung have a lot of devices but I lastly had 3 from the A series (50, 30, 70) and they are all easy to unlock. As general rule if the OEM gives the tool and/or allows the unlock process it becames an easy thing to do, no exploit nor nothing like that needed, the only thing you need to know if it can be unlocked and if there is some interest from developers.
1. Is the A50, 30,70 you had can get bootloader-unlocked using a simple Fastboot command? did you put on them TWRP, and is it possible?

As general rule if the OEM gives the tool and/or allows the unlock process
Which tool? and how can i know if the OEM is allowing or not?
(OEM is the company that making the phone right? for ex. samsung, apple, Huawei...?)

the only thing you need to know if it can be unlocked and if there is some interest from developers
What do you mean by interst from developers? and how can i know if it can be unlocked or not?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
1. Is the A50, 30,70 you had can get bootloader-unlocked using a simple Fastboot command? did you put on them TWRP, and is it possible?
Samsung doesn´t allow precisely fastboot commands. The method in these 3 devices (and in all the new A series) is just a combination key hardware (vol - and vol +) at same time to connect to PC and then confirming the unlocking.

Which tool? and how can i know if the OEM is allowing or not?
(OEM is the company that making the phone right? for ex. samsung, apple, Huawei...?)
Yes OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Carriers in some countries don´t allow unlock bootloader in the case you buy a device from a carrier then ask to them. Most of devices just have fastboot commands (and codes) to perform the unlock, from what I know Asus had some years ago an app and Xiaomi has a proprietary tool to do it.
Huawei actually doesn´t allow it but with pay services can be done and Apple? never won´t.
But you don´t need to know it all by now.

What do you mean by interst from developers? and how can i know if it can be unlocked or not?
It´s imposible to know which device will attract the interest from developers; while you see how they looks they see how they can be hacked. I always wait some time that a device was released and then I took a look if something happens with that device, I guess 6 month is time enough to know it.

MuellerA

Apr 15, 2010
Hello everyone!

I would like to add some emergency contacts to my phone but found out that I have to add them to my Google address book. Is there a possibility to configure emergency contacts without using the Google address book?
I'm using a Pixel 5 running on Android 11 Stock.

Thanks for your help :)

MattP410

Oct 11, 2017
Texas
Hey guys! Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like a good place. I was searching for Dolby Digital Plus, and found a third-party zip. I flashed it, but no app showed up, which didn't necessarily bother me. What did bother me was the fact that my battery became useless afterwards, and when I got in my car and fired up my sub it was literally clipped to death in seconds. Got a new sub, and even at break in gains it's still way too loud. My question is, how do I reverse what I did? Does anybody know the file directory it might have ended up in? Is there an uninstaller? I really need help. I did not create a Nandroid backup before flashing. Please help, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hey guys! Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like a good place. I was searching for Dolby Digital Plus, and found a third-party zip. I flashed it, but no app showed up, which didn't necessarily bother me. What did bother me was the fact that my battery became useless afterwards, and when I got in my car and fired up my sub it was literally clipped to death in seconds. Got a new sub, and even at break in gains it's still way too loud. My question is, how do I reverse what I did? Does anybody know the file directory it might have ended up in? Is there an uninstaller? I really need help. I did not create a Nandroid backup before flashing. Please help, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I'm sorry to say this, and I might be wrong (where did you get the app from?), but if it's malware you might have to factory reset

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hello everyone!

I would like to add some emergency contacts to my phone but found out that I have to add them to my Google address book. Is there a possibility to configure emergency contacts without using the Google address book?
I'm using a Pixel 5 running on Android 11 Stock.

Thanks for your help :)
No.
Emergency contacts is done through Google Contacts.
There might be an app on the Play Store that can do that, but I don't know of one

MattP410

Oct 11, 2017
Texas
I'm sorry to say this, and I might be wrong (where did you get the app from?), but if it's malware you might have to factory reset
I can't remember exactly, but it wasn't a typical website. It felt sketchy. It also crossed my mind that I just willingly put malware on my device. I ran a Malwarebytes scan, but who knows how useful that is? I have a new phone coming any day now, so I'm about to shut this one down and throw it in a junk drawer soon anyways.

AkshitJoshi

Feb 7, 2021
Greater Noida
This firmware is to flash it through Realme Flash tool, you have to put your device in fastboot mode and follow the guidelines https://androidmtk.com/use-realme-flash-tool the file to choose is the OFP, if you take a look just in the sizes you will see that the other don´t match the minimal size requirement.
But that's what I'm saying!! My device isn't getting into fastboot mode!! 😭😭😭😭

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
But that's what I'm saying!! My device isn't getting into fastboot mode!! 😭😭😭😭

"...I tried to unlock my bootloader and when I was running the necessary commands like fastboot reboot, it simply showed, “Waiting for device…..”
"...adb fastboot (Something like that which took it to the fastboot mode)
Next Command:
fastboot devices
Returned: _________ fastboot
Satisfied that I was going on well, I unlocked the bootloader using the respective commands."
"...Ultra problem phase:

I got to the fastboot mode using the same commands in the adb terminal and decided to lock the bootloader. I thought that the app had detected that my bootloader was locked so that may be the reason it was not working. I gave the command:.."
"...Then I though maybe I could just download the original boot and recovery file again then it would be all fine. I have those files and everything, when now I try to give those commands, they just show "Waiting for device...." Moreover the computer doesn't detect my device. The only thing I can do is just go to recovery mode..."

"..Also, I think I'll have to install via SD card as it seems that's the only option left now."
Well, in any on your posts you are confirming that, it looks like you are not finding the right way to enter to fastboot mode, maybe the time you unlocked bootloader you sent it through commands?.

In some post you´re saying that PC doesn´t detect it but you´re not saying nothing like device is not entering to fastboot otherwise how can PC detect it?
Or how can you expect that PC detects it if it didn´t enter to fastboot mode?
And again the other way asking how are you sure that device entered to fastboot mode so you expect that PC detects it?
Are you trying to enter to fastboot mode manually through hardware buttons?
Is not there in recovery menu an option to go to fastboot (also called bootloader) mode as on others stock recoveries from other devices?

In the official site there is only available a firmware for the CPH1861 to install it through recovery https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update you should further investigate which are the main differences between the CPH1859 and the CPH1861, if the main difference is the region from which was released then you could use it and if your recovery accept the update.

jibbu156

Feb 24, 2021
I have an Redmi Note 5, and i want a custom rom without gapps, and if possible focused in privacy and security, i only find Custom Rom's for Redmi note 5 Pro, anyone can tell me a rom please?