Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hi Everyone,

I somehow assumed that there would be a native samsung music player installed in my u.s t-mobile branded galaxy note 20 ultra but that is not the case.

Can anyone suggest a good media player that does excellent gapless playback? All my ripped tracks are dj mixes where one track merges with the other so a second or two of silence between jams is just awful.

I'm not rooted and I'd like to stay that way. A free version to try out will be nice and if it lives up to my expectations and outputs great sound with a bluetooth and wired headset on top of the gapless playback, I will not mind paying for the full featured version.

Thanks!

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hi Everyone,

I somehow assumed that there would be a native samsung music player installed in my u.s t-mobile branded galaxy note 20 ultra but that is not the case.

Can anyone suggest a good media player that does excellent gapless playback? All my ripped tracks are dj mixes where one track merges with the other so a second or two of silence between jams is just awful.

I'm not rooted and I'd like to stay that way. A free version to try out will be nice and if it lives up to my expectations and outputs great sound with a bluetooth and wired headset on top of the gapless playback, I will not mind paying for the full featured version.

Thanks!

You can download Samsung Music from Galaxy Store.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Shirozame

Mar 3, 2021
    Hello, first time here... I ve got a problem with my xiaomi redmi note 8 that I ve updated last night, the problem is that some minutes after, it goes blue screen and then no video...
    looks like nothing works because there is no video anymore and functions like flashlight shortcut dont work, looks like it still restart from the volume and on/off buttons, because my pc recognizes that something wants to connect via usb but it doesnt recognize what it is... And what I want to know ... is something I could do to fix it or just seek for a
    technical assistance? Would appreciate some tips
    tks

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the xiaomi weather app and widget porting on my Samsung s20fe5g.
    There's some help about this?
    I've found the super wallpaper porting and asking for the app above
    Tks

I´m actually using a Xiaomi device and I don´t remember if would be available for other devices as well but Did you try to download it directly from Play Store?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miui.weather2&hl=en&gl=US

Also some time ago I did a backup of the app from a Xiaomi device and installed it fine in other non-xiaomi device so I think it´s not a specific OEM app.
    Plus is based on Accuweather that is even more enriched.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hello, first time here... I ve got a problem with my xiaomi redmi note 8 that I ve updated last night, the problem is that some minutes after, it goes blue screen and then no video...
    looks like nothing works because there is no video anymore and functions like flashlight shortcut dont work, looks like it still restart from the volume and on/off buttons, because my pc recognizes that something wants to connect via usb but it doesnt recognize what it is... And what I want to know ... is something I could do to fix it or just seek for a
    technical assistance? Would appreciate some tips
    tks

Assuming that you have bootloader locked.

And assuming that your device at least is booting to system reboot firstly to recovery mode manually (power off device, then press vol. up + pwr, when device vibrates release pwr button and keep pressing vol. up) and -sorry- you should have to perform a factory reset/wipe data from the three options that you´ll see (all your data will gone) then reboot to system again, through the System update menu, tap on Miui 10 approx 10 times and then you´ll see more options in the three dots menu at the right of the top of the screen and now you´ll can re-download the latest update and then you could re-apply the update, this may fix the issue, maybe it was a failed update so they are to bring improvements, never I did an update that worst my system as always see people claiming so.

dangerruss

Jul 11, 2010
    I need some help.

Someone has hacked my phone with a spy app. As far as I can tell it was a hacked version of Google Chrome. I need help finding out how they did this and gathering evidence as to who did it. I have a very good idea of who it was but need proof. What they did is against state and federal wiretapping laws. They had access to my screen, my cameras, and microphone. Please help.

jaimini

Aug 28, 2012
    Fremont, CA
    Hello, I have Samsung Galaxy S8+. My phone isn't turning on. Tried pressing different combination of buttons for prolong time but nothing happened. If I put my phone on charge then it heats up after some time. Any other way to troubleshoot or if I have to open it up? If I open it up then how can I troubleshoot? It was working fine and suddenly stopped.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hello, I have Samsung Galaxy S8+. My phone isn't turning on. Tried pressing different combination of buttons for prolong time but nothing happened. If I put my phone on charge then it heats up after some time. Any other way to troubleshoot or if I have to open it up? If I open it up then how can I troubleshoot? It was working fine and suddenly stopped.

If it´s not a hardware failure then you should check if some malware was installed lastly by entering to safe mode (press pwr button till Samsung logo appears then quickly release it and press volume down till device boots completely. In safe mode you should see in the app list sorted by installation time if some of them is causing the issue.

Another option is to go to stock recovery (pwr button + vol up) and clear caches.

If it doesn´t solve the next step is by formatting data.

Take a look on the screen, some warning txt/message.

If it doesn´t solve next step might be flashing the firmware that is currently running.

If it is not solved and no clue neither on the recovery nor download screen (look on them carefully) then it would be a hardware failure.

Milangier

Mar 4, 2021
    Good afternoon I am one of those people who always likes to have the best, but I live in the third world, so the best I could have is a BLU vivo one Plus (2019), I adapted a 1160 MAH battery for a 3000 , the fingerprint reader does not work and stops counting, to solve that problem try to put a ROM with the "SP Flash Tools" Tool, now the phone does not turn on and I can not get the Rom for it, I would appreciate it if I help .. .

Buenas tardes soy una de esas personas a las que siempre le gusta tener lo mejor, pero vivo en el tercer mundo, así que lo mejor que pude tener es un BLU vivo one Plus (2019), adapté una batería de 1160 MAH para una 3000 , el lector de huellas dactilares no funciona y deja de contar, para solucionar ese problema intenta poner una ROM con la Herramienta "SP Flash Tools", ahora el teléfono no se enciende y no consigo la Rom del mismo, te agradecería si ayudo ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Buenas tardes soy una de esas personas a las que siempre le gusta tener lo mejor, pero vivo en el tercer mundo, así que lo mejor que pude tener es un BLU vivo one Plus (2019), adapté una batería de 1160 MAH para una 3000 , el lector de huellas dactilares no funciona y deja de contar, para solucionar ese problema intenta poner una ROM con la Herramienta "SP Flash Tools", ahora el teléfono no se enciende y no consigo la Rom del mismo, te agradecería si ayudo ...

Hi, English is required in this forum.

In a quick search I didn´t find the firmware that you are needing, I guess you also can do a search typing: "Blu Vivo One Plus 2019 V037WW firmware" if it is something out there it must be found.

In the meantime you can try by formatting data if you are able to boot to stock recovery manually always that the wrong firmware that you flashed didn´t brick your device.

Milangier

Mar 4, 2021
    Thanks for the answer, the screen turns on but goes black, I will look for the firmware as you said, thanks for everything

Gracias por la respuesta, la pantalla se enciende pero se pone negra, buscaré el firmware como dijiste, gracias por todo

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirozame

Mar 3, 2021
    Assuming that you have bootloader locked.

And assuming that your device at least is booting to system reboot firstly to recovery mode manually (power off device, then press vol. up + pwr, when device vibrates release pwr button and keep pressing vol. up) and -sorry- you should have to perform a factory reset/wipe data from the three options that you´ll see (all your data will gone) then reboot to system again, through the System update menu, tap on Miui 10 approx 10 times and then you´ll see more options in the three dots menu at the right of the top of the screen and now you´ll can re-download the latest update and then you could re-apply the update, this may fix the issue, maybe it was a failed update so they are to bring improvements, never I did an update that worst my system as always see people claiming so.
    ok thanks for answering I'll have a look at this

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
    Fort Lauderdale
    www.twitter.com
    Still cannot cannot view or have access to my Google discover feed. I figured it might have been a problem with me disabling my carriers setup wizard,because it was the only thing in common between both devices in which I'm having the problem. I had disabled both of the stock setup wizards but not Androids, just the carriers.So I re-enabled them cleared their data things started to happen but still nothing that seemed to suggest it was being fixed. There is only one anomaly I have seen happen when doing all of this clearing the app data downgrading apps and re-upgrading them, anytime it involves doing so with a Play store application a download starts to happen as if an update is about to occur.but the download doesn't finish and it doesn't stay on the status bar long enough for me to find out what it is. In the meantime this is the only thing I cannot access in my Google account. I am signed in on this device and the other device which I do not have on me at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-233152.png
      Screenshot_20210304-233152.png
      276.2 KB · Views: 3

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
    You can download Samsung Music from Galaxy Store.

Musicolet has been the answer to my prayers. If anyone's looking for a light player that includes all the requisites that I listed above and plays everthing offline on top of everything- you've found it. Now excuse me while I look for the developer(s) and donate some $ for all their hard work :)

Did I mention it's free? :D

justjen1983

Jan 4, 2014
    I just bought a used laptop from fb market and was unaware that the previous owner had ditched the windows os and adopted the chromium os. I cant figure out how to roll back to the original windows os, (the laptop is an Acer Aspire 4810t.) So far Ive tried to factory reset with the alt and f10 command, and also tried to factory restore through the command prompt, and then tried to use the built in 'fix my pc' thingy but had no such luck. I then tried to find a system image on the disc but that didnt work either. Dos anyone have anymore suggestions on how to roll back my pc to a windows os?

Hugejackman007

Feb 14, 2021
    Hi All,

Android Auto Question for Redmi Note 9 Pro:

I have two Xiaomi Phones - a Mi9 and a Redmi Note 9 Pro - both on Stock MIUI 12 Global Rom
    On my Mi9, I can see most apps I want in my Android Auto app and add them to the home screen using the customise launcher. Apps like Signal, Telegram, VLC player, SMS, etc.
    For some reason I can't add or see these same app my Redmi Note 9 Pro. Even with Spotify, I had to allow "unknown sources" to see it as an app.

I have tried to enable dev settings in the app and enabled unknown sources, but still no luck.
    Anyone know how to fix and add these apps to Android Auto
    Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Bro how can i directly contact you i am not undrstnding cuz i am new to oneplus .. and my android version is still 10.0.12
      Hi
      I don't know what you are talking about here or who you are replying to.
      In the future, please use the reply option when replying to someone. That way the person you are replying to will get a notification. Also, someone like me coming across your post can click on what you are replying to and go back to see the conversation and might be able to jump in to help.
      Thank you, I'll see for it, but do you think that restoring to latest firmware solve my problem even after the IMEI number got erased!!

IMEI is rarely really erased, it is overwritten by blank values (null).
      What the stock ROM can do depends on the level of damage that qfil did in this specific partition but always is possible to recover it with the proper tool.
      One last thing that I want to ask you, 'does the version of bootloader, affects whether what you flash will be supported or not, I mean earlier I was on ZUI 1.9 and TWRP 3.5, at that time anything I flashed didn't work, now I am on ZUI 2.5 and TWRP 3.4 and the few things I have tried are working (I am afraid of doing too much)??
      Well, you had the better answer regarding bootloader. I just can add to it that the issue that you had was not linked exclusively to the bootloader but the firmware itself cause a minimal set of partitions need to be updated in order that this or that custom ROM can work properly or can even boot.
      You mean I should search the keywords like IMEI restore tool!!
      Yes. Also read about what QPST/qfil can do, If I don´t remember bad it also has this feature in-built.
      Yes, there are ROMs for my device, and I tried them, but even after being flashed successfully, each of them are giving blue screen after the zuk logo comes before booting to anything, I don't know, I flashed my device again and currently it is the start of the setup screen (I can't set it up because the screen is totally shattered and I will get it changed when I'd be allowed to go out), and I am not going to do anything to it till I get the screen replaced, but I am just not able to figure out why I see the blue screen after flashing any custom ROM via TWRP, whereas the Chinese version for ZUI worked, since you just told me about what I could have done with IMEI partition, I will check it via adb or fastboot commands (last time it was blank), its feeling like I am stuck with single ROM only.

Well, as I said you previously the Chinese ROM is not friendly to switch to other due to the incompatibility of the drivers used in the firmware that comes with a specific display for the Chinese region, this may be the reason why now there´s nothing projecting onto display and about that, Why do you think that the screen needs to be replaced, it could be due to the reason mentioned or in the process to reassemble the device some part got disconnected as a sort of false contact.
      There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
      which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
      ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
      leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
      the direction where that user can find an answer
      and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
      point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
      (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
      and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
      NO TROLLING
      NO NAME CALLING
      NO RIDICULING
      NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
      problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
      post-mortem
      SilentStrider
      Ghostfreak NB
      mayank9856
      sgs22012
      Zatta
      ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
      Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
      HTML:
      [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
      Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
      Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
      ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone