Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    I just bought a used laptop from fb market and was unaware that the previous owner had ditched the windows os and adopted the chromium os. I cant figure out how to roll back to the original windows os, (the laptop is an Acer Aspire 4810t.) So far Ive tried to factory reset with the alt and f10 command, and also tried to factory restore through the command prompt, and then tried to use the built in 'fix my pc' thingy but had no such luck. I then tried to find a system image on the disc but that didnt work either. Dos anyone have anymore suggestions on how to roll back my pc to a windows os?

I´m not sure if this is the right place to discuss about Windows but just some short ideas:

You can´t "fix" the "issue" doing it from the same partition where now Chromium OS did take the control so obviously it´s replaced the Windows OS.
    You should burm a Windows ISO and then boot it from your BIOS/UEFI, format the current partition from the disc installation setup and install again Windows.
    Of course there are other methods available.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Knueppelmann

Mar 5, 2021
    I need some help, I think I ****ed up.

I got a new phone - Xiamoi Poco X3 NFC. Right at the beginning I wanted to debloat it with the Xiamo ADB Fastboot Tools. I did this in the past with my old phone - Xiamoi Rednote 5. Worked like a charm.
    So I looked up a list, what stuff I can remove. Looks like I uninstalled gboard, so I don't have a keyboard on my phone. So I can't use my phone now, because I can't type anything.

I tried to put some keyboards as .apk on a sdcard and installed them. But It didn't worked. I can't put it in debugmode again, if I out it on the USB-Cable, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks!

Knueppelmann

Mar 5, 2021
    I need some help, I think I ****ed up.

I got a new phone - Xiamoi Poco X3 NFC. Right at the beginning I wanted to debloat it with the Xiamo ADB Fastboot Tools. I did this in the past with my old phone - Xiamoi Rednote 5. Worked like a charm.
    So I looked up a list, what stuff I can remove. Looks like I uninstalled gboard, so I don't have a keyboard on my phone. So I can't use my phone now, because I can't type anything.

I tried to put some keyboards as .apk on a sdcard and installed them. But It didn't worked. I can't put it in debugmode again, if I out it on the USB-Cable, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks!

Well, I don't know how, but I was able to install the keyboard with an .apk on a sd card... So I guess the problem is solved :)

Reactions: xunholyx

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
    Hello megaminds

I am having some trouble trying to unlock bootloader of an
    acer liquid e380 using adb commmands.

I have done the following.

Heres some background info i do believe i got the drivers cause my computer can see it and i also needed those drivers when i flashed latest stock rom using sp flashtool.

Edit: btw i am using a laptop running windos 10

what happens is this when using adb commands

C:\Users\n>cd downloads

C:\Users\n\Downloads>cd fastboot

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot oem unlock

also tried this one fastboot flash oem unlock i get the same 3 dots and nothing happens?

now when trying to see if bootloader is unlocked or not the number code thing using the call app doesnt work.

Also the same happens when i try to see if bootloader is unlockable?

© 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flashing unlock

I read somewhere that old mtk chips phones didnt have bootloader so was open so i tried to put a recovery i found in xda forum and then i get this it constantlly stays on booting.
    However on xda forum thread for this phone i do see a how unlock bootloader so i geuss that is unlikelly ?

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - Carliv Touch Recovery 3.0 KK.img”
    downloading ‘boot.img’…
    OKAY [ 0.203s]
    booting…
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)) (This is said when taking out the cabel to disconnect it)
    finished. total time: 85.645s

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot devices
    mt6589_phone_720pv2 fastboot
    C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img”
    downloading ‘boot.img’…
    OKAY [ 0.221s]
    booting…

but on the phone it says usb transferring usb transmission ok time201ms vel 30597kb/s
    what does this mean ? does it mean that info about it having no lock is false and that it indeed is locked is that why i cant get recovery on the phone?

Then what is the deal with the dots ? i wonder i have found other people on the internet with simaller sittuation but diffrent model phones but no solution that i could find? does this mean it is not a phone thing but computer problem?

Ithink it is unlikelly a pc problem cause before i did this phone i did it succesfully with another phone.

I also tried using a one click unlock bootloader program that doesnt work either it just stops?

This is driving me crazy please help

Thanks in advance

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hello megaminds

I am having some trouble trying to unlock bootloader of an
    acer liquid e380 using adb commmands.

I have done the following.

Heres some background info i do believe i got the drivers cause my computer can see it and i also needed those drivers when i flashed latest stock rom using sp flashtool.

Edit: btw i am using a laptop running windos 10

what happens is this when using adb commands

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot oem unlock

also tried this one fastboot flash oem unlock i get the same 3 dots and nothing happens?

now when trying to see if bootloader is unlocked or not the number code thing using the call app doesnt work.

Also the same happens when i try to see if bootloader is unlockable?

© 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flashing unlock

I read somewhere that old mtk chips phones didnt have bootloader so was open so i tried to put a recovery i found in xda forum and then i get this it constantlly stays on booting.
    However on xda forum thread for this phone i do see a how unlock bootloader so i geuss that is unlikelly ?

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - Carliv Touch Recovery 3.0 KK.img”
    downloading ‘boot.img’…
    OKAY [ 0.203s]
    booting…
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)) (This is said when taking out the cabel to disconnect it)
    finished. total time: 85.645s

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img”
    downloading ‘boot.img’…
    OKAY [ 0.221s]
    booting…

but on the phone it says usb transferring usb transmission ok time201ms vel 30597kb/s
    what does this mean ? does it mean that info about it having no lock is false and that it indeed is locked is that why i cant get recovery on the phone?

Then what is the deal with the dots ? i wonder i have found other people on the internet with simaller sittuation but diffrent model phones but no solution that i could find? does this mean it is not a phone thing but computer problem?

Ithink it is unlikelly a pc problem cause before i did this phone i did it succesfully with another phone.

I also tried using a one click unlock bootloader program that doesnt work either it just stops?

This is driving me crazy please help

Thanks in advance

Be sure that USB debugging and OEM unlock are enabled.

In fastboot you can know if your bootloader needs/can be unlockable to further actions using:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info
    or sometimes also works
    Code:
    fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

You have to delete all the spaces in the names of the files that you are trying to flash/boot to, fastboot commands don´t allow spaces within other characters.

If all the previous requirements are done then you could try by flashing the recovery image and then booting to it manually through hardware buttons.

Also you could use SPFlash tool (if it is a MediaTek device) and if inside the firmware it contains the scatter.txt file as I saw you are trying to flash a recovery it with this tool.

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
    Thank you for your fast reply

There is no function this is and old device so i cant do this - OEM unlock are enabled.

It is a mediatek devices yes

[You have to delete all the spaces in the names of the files that you are trying to flash/boot to, fastboot commands don´t allow spaces within other characters. /

Sorry i dont understand ?

''Also you could use SPFlash tool (if it is a MediaTek device) and if inside the firmware it contains the scatter.txt file as I saw you are trying to flash a recovery it with this tool.''

I am not trying to flash recovery with sp flashtool ?

sorry i am new to this.

look below what happens when i use your commands.

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>
    C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot oem device-info

Edit: as u can see i cant even see if bootloader is locked or not i am sure i am doing something stupid here something i missed or misunderstood

thank you for ur patience

sardonicus87

Jan 31, 2019
    I tried doing a search and couldn't find a relevant thread, but I have a few questions...

OK first, the issue that brings me here is the only web browser that I like (Boat) has long been dead and out of development, it's long not been on the play store but I've had the APK for a long time and just transfered it to every new phone I got so I could keep using it. I have tried finding a different browser, but I hate them all, none of them have any of the features I want. My last phone was running Android 9.0 and Boat was still working on it. Well, I got a new phone now (Pixel 4a 5g) that has Android 11 and boat still mostly works... except it crashes if I click the bar at the top to type in a URL... but otherwise still works flawlessly.

So, I'm wondering first is it even OK for someone to look to hire a developer to basically update a dead app? Any website and contact information for the original developer no longer exists, but I don't know if it's OK for someone to take over a dead app like that, if it would be considered stealing or something.

Second, well if it's OK... I have the last APKs of the browser and I had used a guide to deconstruct the APK into a project thinking maybe I can figure it out and how to update it so that it still works but... yeah that's not happening. So I have the APK files and the already deconstructed into a project and was wondering where I can ask about hiring a developer just to basically update the app so that it still works (not really make any changes to the look/feel/etc, just fix any bugs or code that's old and deprecated and doesn't work anymore)? And when I say hire, I mean like actually hire, with real money.

Eastside Joe

Mar 6, 2021
    No OS Installed ! Are You sure you wish to reboot?

I'm a newbie. I have made it trough all the instructions. I have the twrp image installed and the MAGISK zip instaled. When I go to reboot I get this warning message., No OS Installed ! Are You sure you wish to reboot? I may have made a mistake by going into advanced wipe settings and wiped everything except my sd card. The stupid reasion I did this was because after several attemts to try to load these programs I kept getting google reinstall apps on my phone, so I'm not even sure if I did it right to begin with.

Please help. I'm keeping my phone pluged into the computer.

Thank you!

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Thank you for your fast reply

There is no function this is and old device so i cant do this - OEM unlock are enabled.

It is a mediatek devices yes

[You have to delete all the spaces in the names of the files that you are trying to flash/boot to, fastboot commands don´t allow spaces within other characters. /

Sorry i dont understand ?

Well, you put this previously " C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - Carliv Touch Recovery 3.0 KK.img” "
    So I saw that you are trying to boot to Carliv Touch Recovery, the file (image) that you are trying to boot to must have a name without spaces, I meant eg. Carliv_Touch.img otherwise fastboot command won´t work

''Also you could use SPFlash tool (if it is a MediaTek device) and if inside the firmware it contains the scatter.txt file as I saw you are trying to flash a recovery it with this tool.''

I am not trying to flash recovery with sp flashtool ?

Well, what you are trying to do is booting to these partitions through fastboot commands, SPFlash tool it´s a tool with a GUI interface while fastboot is something like a command line, they´re totally different.

sorry i am new to this.

look below what happens when i use your commands.

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot oem device-info

Edit: as u can see i cant even see if bootloader is locked or not i am sure i am doing something stupid here something i missed or misunderstood

thank you for ur patience

As your device is currently running 4.4.2 either there´s no locked bootloader or is irrelevant at this point so bootloader was so permissive.

Actually other than unlock bootloader what you are trying to achieve?

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    No OS Installed ! Are You sure you wish to reboot?

I'm a newbie. I have made it trough all the instructions. I have the twrp image installed and the MAGISK zip instaled. When I go to reboot I get this warning message., No OS Installed ! Are You sure you wish to reboot? I may have made a mistake by going into advanced wipe settings and wiped everything except my sd card. The stupid reasion I did this was because after several attemts to try to load these programs I kept getting google reinstall apps on my phone, so I'm not even sure if I did it right to begin with.

Please help. I'm keeping my phone pluged into the computer.

Thank you!

Without relevant information is very hard to say you what is wrong here.

Device model? Version? What you are trying to do and/or what you did previously? Did you try to flash a custom ROM?

Like you´re saying it yourself : "I may have made a mistake by going into advanced wipe settings and wiped everything except my sd card."...then no OS installed, you would have wiped your system...it´s not clear if you factory reset it through system or really wiped through some custom recovery.

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
    Fort Lauderdale
    www.twitter.com
    Discover is working again. I guess I had 2 google accounts? The one I use everyday, and a so called 'brand account'. Well so it wouldn't risk getting compromised, I deleted it. Last night, just happened to notice it working in the Google app. Whatever was going on, that seemed to fix it.

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
    Well, you put this previously " C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot boot “C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - Carliv Touch Recovery 3.0 KK.img” "
    So I saw that you are trying to boot to Carliv Touch Recovery, the file (image) that you are trying to boot to must have a name without spaces, I meant eg. Carliv_Touch.img otherwise fastboot command won´t work

Well, what you are trying to do is booting to these partitions through fastboot commands, SPFlash tool it´s a tool with a GUI interface while fastboot is something like a command line, they´re totally different.

As your device is currently running 4.4.2 either there´s no locked bootloader or is irrelevant at this point so bootloader was so permissive.

Actually other than unlock bootloader what you are trying to achieve?

''Actually other than unlock bootloader what you are trying to achieve?''

I am trying to flash custom rom and then root also more experience in this whole thing before i go and do my daily.

"As your device is currently running 4.4.2 either there´s no locked bootloader or is irrelevant at this point so bootloader was so permissive.''

how i can i know for sure ? i could have sworn i saw a how to unlockbootloader for my phone on the forum here and if i google i get step by step tutorals for how to unlockbootloader for this phone acer e380 ?

I tried it again now like u said i get the following message now.

-- couldnt mount file - the disk image file is corrupted.

what does it mean ?
    Edit: step forward ?no dots now

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_Carliv_Touch.img

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_CWM.img

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_cwm.img

Edit:2
    isnt it worse now since before it would boot but just get stuck imply it cant go further forsome reason maybe lockedbootloader? but now just the error message.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    ''Actually other than unlock bootloader what you are trying to achieve?''

I am trying to flash custom rom and then root also more experience in this whole thing before i go and do my daily.

"As your device is currently running 4.4.2 either there´s no locked bootloader or is irrelevant at this point so bootloader was so permissive.''

how i can i know for sure ? i could have sworn i saw a how to unlockbootloader for my phone on the forum here and if i google i get step by step tutorals for how to unlockbootloader for this phone acer e380 ?

I tried it again now like u said i get the following message now.

-- couldnt mount file - the disk image file is corrupted.

what does it mean ?
    Edit: step forward ?no dots now

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_Carliv_Touch.img

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_CWM.img

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>C:\Users\n\Desktop\Recovery_cwm.img

I guess you need to read a lot from the basics in order to comprehend how this thing works, there´s not fastboot commands in the 4 lines above. Also you are changing randomly the name of the recovery, you simply have to input the name that actually your recovery image has eg. if your recovery name changed to carliv_touch.img then you have to type the exact same name.

Some sites just copy-paste generic guides on how to unlock bootloader and indiscriminately they apply it to almost any device, don´t trust in non-reliable sites.
    Here you have the XDA forum for your device with all the guides and info https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-acer-liquid-e3-e380-ale3.2711667/

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
    I guess you need to read a lot from the basics in order to comprehend how this thing works, there´s not fastboot commands in the 4 lines above. Also you are changing randomly the name of the recovery, you simply have to input the name that actually your recovery image has eg. if your recovery name changed to carliv_touch.img then you have to type the exact same name.

Some sites just copy-paste generic guides on how to unlock bootloader and indiscriminately they apply it to almost any device, don´t trust in non-reliable sites.
    Here you have the XDA forum for your device with all the guides and info https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-acer-liquid-e3-e380-ale3.2711667/

Sorry when i am stuck on something for awhile i tend to get frustrated and jump the gun.

this is how it should be but now i get this message.

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    89WS4P9L6PTGC6KJ device

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery"C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img"
    unknown partition 'recoveryC:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img'
    error: cannot determine image filename for 'recoveryC:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img'

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer_ E380_Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img"
    sending 'recovery' (6006 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.223s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    FAILED (remote:
    partition 'recovery' not support flash)
    finished. total time: 0.270s

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Sorry when i am stuck on something for awhile i tend to get frustrated and jump the gun.

this is how it should be but now i get this message.

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    89WS4P9L6PTGC6KJ device

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery"C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img"
    unknown partition 'recoveryC:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img'
    error: cannot determine image filename for 'recoveryC:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer E380 - Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img'

C:\Users\n\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\n\Desktop\Acer_ E380_Recovery - CWM 6.0.5.0 by vache.img"
    sending 'recovery' (6006 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.223s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    FAILED (remote:
    partition 'recovery' not support flash)
    finished. total time: 0.270s

I think you are not paying attention enough to get this working.

Firstly I would recommend to avoid the path, put the image file in the same adb folder where you do think to run fastboot commands and second rename the file as shorter as you can avoiding the spaces in the name, for example you could call to this recovery something like cwm.img, it would be easier.

And you should have to read the part from the Forum thread that I linked where it´s explained how to flash a custom recovery onto this device so some devices don´t support flashing some partitions through fastboot at least you can firstly root it and then using other via to achieve it.

Also you should download the stock recovery for your device in case something goes wrong and you should use SP Flash tool to flash it, using this method you maybe would get more success.

Last edited:

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
    I think you are not paying attention enough to get this working.

Firstly I would recommend to avoid the path, put the image file in the same adb folder where you do think to run fastboot commands and second rename the file as shorter as you can avoiding the spaces in the name, for example you could call to this recovery something like cwm.img, it would be easier.

And you should have to read the part from the Forum thread that I linked where it´s explained how to flash a custom recovery onto this device so some devices don´t support flashing some partitions through fastboot at least you can firstly root it and then using other via to achieve it.

Also you should download the stock recovery for your device in case something goes wrong and you should use SP Flash tool to flash it, using this method you maybe would get more success.

if i do that i dont get cmd but the one with the blue screen and i can never get anything to work with that one so i avoid it and just use cmd.

I had ofcourse already read the thread of this device and know about the flashing recovery using spflashtool (had not tried it yet) i just stubernlly wanted to use adb fastboot this time (first time i flashed a custom rom was on a sony m2 wich i used flashtool to do it and now my second time flash a rom) so now wanted to do it using abdfastboot to get some experience it.

However this was a good experience now i know some older (budget)phones (2014 android 4.4.2) dont have a bootloader so understand the meaning of those 3 dots in cmd.

Flashing recovery using adb/fastboot doesnt work for some (old)phones.

When putting recovery img file into cmd it should not have spaces in its name.Very informative!

Now i know i can't use fastboot/adb to do it i am gonna try the other method.

Thank you for your help and especially your patience.

Where are u from friend?

Bastafari

Dec 4, 2010
    Miramar
    So it's there a way to successfully install a custom recovery on Oxygen Is open beta 3? All my attempts have failed. Bootloader already unlocked. Adb and fastboot commands work. Fastboot boot recovery makes the phone screen change to the fastboot mode black and white screen but just hangs there. While there fastboot commands still work.

MinecraftW06

Mar 8, 2021
    My Lenovo Tab3 8 tb3-850f stuck in bootloop.

I unlocked bootloader, no problem.
    Installed TWRP, no problem.
    But I mounted the system as read-write, and as this guide says, it can cause bootloop.
    My tablet is stuck on the Lenovo logo. Button combinations doesn't work. Then I pressed Volume Up and Power, same problem, but the adb said device, so I could enter Recovery mode. I factory resetted device, flashed a system image, but only system.img (not from this website, because in this post I can't download the stock rom from the link, becasue I need permission to view it), same problem.

How can I solve it? Any help is good!

PS: If my english is bad then sorry
    UPDATE 1: If I plug the device in, it will stuck on the charging is starting logo (with hourglass), and won't show the percentage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Bro how can i directly contact you i am not undrstnding cuz i am new to oneplus .. and my android version is still 10.0.12
      Hi
      I don't know what you are talking about here or who you are replying to.
      In the future, please use the reply option when replying to someone. That way the person you are replying to will get a notification. Also, someone like me coming across your post can click on what you are replying to and go back to see the conversation and might be able to jump in to help.
      Thank you, I'll see for it, but do you think that restoring to latest firmware solve my problem even after the IMEI number got erased!!

IMEI is rarely really erased, it is overwritten by blank values (null).
      What the stock ROM can do depends on the level of damage that qfil did in this specific partition but always is possible to recover it with the proper tool.
      One last thing that I want to ask you, 'does the version of bootloader, affects whether what you flash will be supported or not, I mean earlier I was on ZUI 1.9 and TWRP 3.5, at that time anything I flashed didn't work, now I am on ZUI 2.5 and TWRP 3.4 and the few things I have tried are working (I am afraid of doing too much)??
      Well, you had the better answer regarding bootloader. I just can add to it that the issue that you had was not linked exclusively to the bootloader but the firmware itself cause a minimal set of partitions need to be updated in order that this or that custom ROM can work properly or can even boot.
      You mean I should search the keywords like IMEI restore tool!!
      Yes. Also read about what QPST/qfil can do, If I don´t remember bad it also has this feature in-built.
      Yes, there are ROMs for my device, and I tried them, but even after being flashed successfully, each of them are giving blue screen after the zuk logo comes before booting to anything, I don't know, I flashed my device again and currently it is the start of the setup screen (I can't set it up because the screen is totally shattered and I will get it changed when I'd be allowed to go out), and I am not going to do anything to it till I get the screen replaced, but I am just not able to figure out why I see the blue screen after flashing any custom ROM via TWRP, whereas the Chinese version for ZUI worked, since you just told me about what I could have done with IMEI partition, I will check it via adb or fastboot commands (last time it was blank), its feeling like I am stuck with single ROM only.

Well, as I said you previously the Chinese ROM is not friendly to switch to other due to the incompatibility of the drivers used in the firmware that comes with a specific display for the Chinese region, this may be the reason why now there´s nothing projecting onto display and about that, Why do you think that the screen needs to be replaced, it could be due to the reason mentioned or in the process to reassemble the device some part got disconnected as a sort of false contact.
      There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
      which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
      ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
      leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
      the direction where that user can find an answer
      and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
      point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
      (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
      and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
      NO TROLLING
      NO NAME CALLING
      NO RIDICULING
      NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
      problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
      post-mortem
      SilentStrider
      Ghostfreak NB
      mayank9856
      sgs22012
      Zatta
      ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
      Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
      HTML:
      [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
      Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
      Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
      ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone