Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016

TheBeast941

• Apr 6, 2021
    I have built TWRP for a couple of my devices from source; ie not ported.

When building from source, there was no need for a copy of the stock recovery. But as i said, I built from source, not porting.

TWRP was pretty easy to buikld IIIIFFF you have your device tree available on github or such. Search guithub for your device tree. You may also get more targeted help on the threads:
    Unfortunately I do not have knowledge or experience of building anything from source, is there any other way in which I can create or port an image for my device?
    I have found a way to create a device tree that claims to be ready for TWRP however I do not know how to build the image.

ithan80

Apr 10, 2021
    Hi guys i'm new here and i don't know if i am writing my request at the right place. if i am not i am sorry.i have a lenovo tab 4 10 plus (TB-x704L) and i think that i bricked my device.i had the android 10,but i didn't like it and i have decided to put again the stock rom(7.1).i tried with qfil and with the lenovo rescue and smart assistance and i probably did something wrong and now my tablet cannot be recognizable by windows(minimal and fastboot don't find the device),but the most importan is that i can't get to the andoid home screen,always reboots at the set up android stage.i tried with qfil again,some imgs takes them some others not (sahara problem or it doesn't find any port).I tried to search the forum about this,but i didn't find anything.Please someone help me.Luckily the tablet has waranty until august,but i am afraid that they will tell me that it is my fault and they will ask me to pay.Thank you.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Unfortunately I do not have knowledge or experience of building anything from source, is there any other way in which I can create or port an image for my device?
    I have found a way to create a device tree that claims to be ready for TWRP however I do not know how to build the image.
    The porting guide for non A/B devices might work the same way to porting it to A/B devices always that you take as base a TWRP that already was built/ported for an A/B device.

Take note of the specs of your device mainly the processor and search for devices with same processor to finally search TWRP/s already ported for some/those devices and use it/them as base. This way theoretically you shouldn´t need to add some additional flags.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hi guys i'm new here and i don't know if i am writing my request at the right place. if i am not i am sorry.i have a lenovo tab 4 10 plus (TB-x704L) and i think that i bricked my device.i had the android 10,but i didn't like it and i have decided to put again the stock rom(7.1).i tried with qfil and with the lenovo rescue and smart assistance and i probably did something wrong and now my tablet cannot be recognizable by windows(minimal and fastboot don't find the device),but the most importan is that i can't get to the andoid home screen,always reboots at the set up android stage.i tried with qfil again,some imgs takes them some others not (sahara problem or it doesn't find any port).I tried to search the forum about this,but i didn't find anything.Please someone help me.Luckily the tablet has waranty until august,but i am afraid that they will tell me that it is my fault and they will ask me to pay.Thank you.
    Sorry, I doubt that a device that was shipped with 7.1 reached A10 anyway devices since MM don´t admit downgrades.

The better would be try to restore the firmware that was the latest upgrade.

If this is succesfull atleast to flash it but some stuffs won´t work anymore then you should claim your warranty.

ithan80

Apr 10, 2021
    Sorry, I doubt that a device that was shipped with 7.1 reached A10 anyway devices since MM don´t admit downgrades.

The better would be try to restore the firmware that was the latest upgrade.

If this is succesfull atleast to flash it but some stuffs won´t work anymore then you should claim your warranty.
    it reached a10 with custom rom.Lenovo stoped at 7.1 .And ok say i restore the custom rom with a10.How? my device doesn't open,i can't install twrp,i can't do debug,the windows don't recognize the tablet because it doesn't open,when i connect the tablet to the pc,the tablet just charge and when i try to open it ,it reboots in 10 seconds.

Last edited:

NaBelea2

Feb 16, 2012
    Hello,so I was wondering what apps do you guys/girls use to create a folder and password protect it? For things like personal photos,documents etc?
    Thanks for any and all answers!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
    Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    it reached a10 with custom rom.Lenovo stoped at 7.1 .And ok say i restore the custom rom with a10.How? my device doesn't open,i can't install twrp,i can't do debug,the windows don't recognize the tablet because it doesn't open,when i connect the tablet to the pc,the tablet just charge and when i try to open it ,it reboots in 10 seconds.
    I have no experience with your deive specifically. But have had devices that cannot boot intp the ROM/Firmware. These devices are ressurected by flashing stock, which is normally (depending on yopur device) from a command window using FASTBOOT, or the device may have a windowws based flashing tool.

Hello,so I was wondering what apps do you guys/girls use to create a folder and password protect it? For things like personal photos,documents etc?
    Thanks for any and all answers!
    Again, I do not know if this is a featire fore certain, however, for a feature rich file-manager, many here at XDA use MiX.
    search the thread for the function, and there is also the FAQ, which may have an explanation of how, if it is possible. Its more appropriate to ask functionality question there.

Tib_7940

Aug 6, 2020
    hello can anyone help me out with my realme 7 it got stuck in a bootloop after updating to the realme ui 2.0 and i tried downgrading the software using sp flash tool but when clicking the flash button it shows STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0Xc0060005) also i cant boot into recovery or fastboot

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Well, this is quite different, stock and custom ROMs have different ways to be applied.

Better now is try to restore the stock ROM that will put the things in its proper place, You shouldn´t use qfil for this, it could end by causing more damage than solution to your device if it is not correctly used, you should use the official tool for your device https://androidmtk.com/download-lenovo-downloader I hope that it solves your mistake.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    hello can anyone help me out with my realme 7 it got stuck in a bootloop after updating to the realme ui 2.0 and i tried downgrading the software using sp flash tool but when clicking the flash button it shows STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0Xc0060005) also i cant boot into recovery or fastboot
    You shouldn´t try to downgrade it, better is prepare your device before to receive an update by wiping caches and if it is a major update, formatting data should be meeded in some cases.

Preloader avoided downgrading and got bricked. I´m not sure if the ROM (ofp) contains the files for SP Flash tool, Did you try to use the tool for Realme? https://androidmtk.com/realme-flash-tool

ithan80

Apr 10, 2021
    Well, this is quite different, stock and custom ROMs have different ways to be applied.

Better now is try to restore the stock ROM that will put the things in its proper place, You shouldn´t use qfil for this, it could end by causing more damage than solution to your device if it is not correctly used, you should use the official tool for your device https://androidmtk.com/download-lenovo-downloader I hope that it solves your mistake.
    i had tried with qcomdload,its the same as i see with lenovo downloader,but always had the same message "cannot open raw file". Probably i do something wrong or i haven't download the correct rom.i download the rom from here :https://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-tab-4-10-plus-tb-x704l . i tried 10 minutes ago it says step : sahara ,status :flashing ,time 1000seconds and still flashing, but i must leave for work.But at the begining again the same message ''cannot open raw file'' .

Last edited:

ithan80

Apr 10, 2021
    I have no experience with your deive specifically. But have had devices that cannot boot intp the ROM/Firmware. These devices are ressurected by flashing stock, which is normally (depending on yopur device) from a command window using FASTBOOT, or the device may have a windowws based flashing tool.

Again, I do not know if this is a featire fore certain, however, for a feature rich file-manager, many here at XDA use MiX.
    search the thread for the function, and there is also the FAQ, which may have an explanation of how, if it is possible. Its more appropriate to ask functionality question there.
    yes with fastboot.i tried some times but i read that first you must put your device on debug,how is this possible when my device reboots all the time.i think that in order to work Fastboot,the pc must recognize the tablet,mine don't.when i am writing adb devices in fastboot,it recognizes nothing.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
    Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    yes with fastboot.i tried some times but i read that first you must put your device on debug,how is this possible when my device reboots all the time.i think that in order to work Fastboot,the pc must recognize the tablet,mine don't.when i am writing adb devices in fastboot,it recognizes nothing.
    I have no idea what you mean by "debug mode". The devices I have done this step on, required to be put into fastboot/download mode. This mode is entered via a key combination (eg power & vol-down). As such, the phone does not have to boot the normal system and hence you can recover your phone to a working state.

Reactions: SubwayChamp

TheBeast941

• Apr 6, 2021
    "adb devices" in fastboot?
    You're meant to use "fastboot devices" in fastboot.

TheBeast941

• Apr 6, 2021
    The porting guide for non A/B devices might work the same way to porting it to A/B devices always that you take as base a TWRP that already was built/ported for an A/B device.

Take note of the specs of your device mainly the processor and search for devices with same processor to finally search TWRP/s already ported for some/those devices and use it/them as base. This way theoretically you shouldn´t need to add some additional flags.
    Alright, suppose I do find a TWRP for the same chipset (ie mt6761 for my device). What information should I need to obtain from my device in order to port the TWRP to it? I'm asking because all porting guides require a copy of the stock recovery image so is there a way to get the information required from my stock rom?

Another question is if I manage to build a TWRP image, how do I test to see if it works on my device? Executing "fastboot boot TWRP.img" seems to hang on the transfer ok screen for a few seconds then the device reboots into Android. Tried temp booting a magisk patched boot.img as well but it would always boot into the boot.img currently flashed onto the device.

ithan80

Apr 10, 2021
    I have no idea what you mean by "debug mode". The devices I have done this step on, required to be put into fastboot/download mode. This mode is entered via a key combination (eg power & vol-down). As such, the phone does not have to boot the normal system and hence you can recover your phone to a working state.
    ok i understand what you mean.i enter fastboot with no problem, the problem is with the comand window, my pc don't recognize the tablet, i connect the tablet in a usb port and nothing happens, as there isn't anything there. I open the tablet enter fastboot mode and again nothing, don't recognize the device. So how will i do anything from a comand window? i also use this https://www.xda-developers.com/15-s...ng-fast-adb-fastboot-and-driver-installation/ and when in the command window write adb devices, nothing happens, there is no device.

TheBeast941

• Apr 6, 2021
    ok i understand what you mean.i enter fastboot with no problem, the problem is with the comand window, my pc don't recognize the tablet, i connect the tablet in a usb port and nothing happens, as there isn't anything there. I open the tablet enter fastboot mode and again nothing, don't recognize the device. So how will i do anything from a comand window? i also use this https://www.xda-developers.com/15-s...ng-fast-adb-fastboot-and-driver-installation/ and when in the command window write adb devices, nothing happens, there is no device.
    If you used the installer in the main thread that won't work anymore, use the link provided in the mod edit to install ADB and Fastboot: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip (you'll also need drivers to allow your PC to communicate with your phone, just google drivers for <device name>)

Also, again:
    "adb devices" is for when your device is on and in Android
    "fastboot devices" is for when your device is on and in fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Bro how can i directly contact you i am not undrstnding cuz i am new to oneplus .. and my android version is still 10.0.12
      Hi
      I don't know what you are talking about here or who you are replying to.
      In the future, please use the reply option when replying to someone. That way the person you are replying to will get a notification. Also, someone like me coming across your post can click on what you are replying to and go back to see the conversation and might be able to jump in to help.
      Doesnt that oem unlock option just enable/allow unlocking the bootloader, instead of unlocking right away?

I tried the oem unlock toggle but i think the bootloader is still locked.

It seems i cant do much with the phone if the charging port is broken.
      Yes, once the OEM unlock option is enabled you can go to the next level rooting it or installing TWRP at least in the first firmware versions (I had one) but actually the most reliable rooting method is Magisk in my opinion, in the old days worked an app called FlashFire, that could flash the firmware directly onto device but it´s now deprecated. For the many inconvenience that make a broken charging port you should rethink it if you are able to repair it at a certain time.
      I'm receiving a Galaxy A52 5G (first Samsung phone since the S2) tomorrow and I would appreciate if someone could point me toward some guides/tools to help get rid of bloatware (I believe the device comes with ONE UI 3.1 be default). I'm interested as well in any ressources to help enhance security/privacy, last few devices were running Lineage OS but I don't want to mess things to much for fear of triggering the Knox feature, at least as long as I got the warranty valid.
      Any attempt to root it or unlock it will trigger the Knox/security features and of course the warranty so if you want to stay in the safe side the most you can do by now to "get rid of" (not totally) is disable them using this method https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/ be careful to not disable essential apps, also surprisingly there is a lot of real (that I should call them) bloatware that can be uninstalled too.
      I've came across a debloat list labelled samsung (2020) and I was wondering if I could use that as is or should I trim it down.
      I don´t think you can use that list as it is, there are some essential and dependencies to some apps can work well. You only should disable those that can you see and interact with as user and that may consume more resources, in my opinion not those from the core.

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
      which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
      ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
      leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
      the direction where that user can find an answer
      and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
      point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
      (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
      and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
      NO TROLLING
      NO NAME CALLING
      NO RIDICULING
      NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
      problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
      post-mortem
      SilentStrider
      Ghostfreak NB
      mayank9856
      sgs22012
      Zatta
      ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
      Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
      HTML:
      [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
      Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
      Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
      ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone