Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hey guys!

I have a low-budget 8" tablet that I got this year that runs Android GO 10, and that got me wondering if it would be possible to install that same Android GO on my older tablet which has pretty similar specs.

It's an Asus MeMO Pad 8 (ME181CX) running Android 4.4.2, an Intel Atom CPU Z3745 @ 1.33GHz with 1GB of RAM.

I didn't find anything relating to this model on the site, and I would really like to know if it's something doable, since it was a very good tablet when I bought it, and it'd be cool if I were able to make it usable again with Android GO.
    Flashing it as it is no so it's not enough that both have similar specs but this is only possible in same devices, this definitely can brick your device.

Most you can do is search for a device that has the same (not similar) at least processor (preferable CPU and the more you find) that is running no much than 5.1 maybe 6.0 and then learn a lot to can port this ROMs to your device (only custom not stock ones) if it meets minimun requirements.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

bpower30

Apr 17, 2021
    I need some help. I've got a Ulefone armor 9 that I got an update for 2 nights ago that has gotten my phone stuck in either fastboot mode or in recovery mode. I can't get it to boot normally. I've tried restarts, I've tried turning it off, I've tried to reboot into bootloader and end up with me getting back into fastboot mode. I tried downloading the drivers from ulefone, I've tried getting adbtools and I can't get the laptop to recognize the phone. I'm trying really hard to pull my data off of it before I try the factory reset option (shame on me for not backing up my data before the update (I know, please don't rub it in). Can anybody out there help me with this? Thanks!

Lilly5757

Oct 4, 2019

1-Is there some kind of pc emulator that i could restore an entire phone on to it?​

I have a full backup of my phone,plus samsung and google backups.
    i want to restore it onto something on a pc .(it should look just like a phone with all the apps+data,files etc)
    Is there anything like this?
    Thank you

2-Is there a way to view the phone screen on pc with a broken screen? (7 edge+root+adb)​

Hi!
    My screen just broke and i want to view my phone somehow- is that possible?
    I don't just want to backup or restore files but to actually see the screen like it looks on the phone (so i could go through apps\files and decide what i want to restore etc)
    7 edge,full root and adb
    Thank you!

sandth_halp

Apr 18, 2021
    hi everyone, this is how it happened. i tried to root my phone using king root in the phone but i couldnt find app on play store so i tried downloading it from chrome, i found the site and tried to download the APK but it didnt work ( i tried to do that on few other sites on few other apps), so i thought "ill just search it on google or youtube". on youtube everyone said that i needed Kingroot or something like which required me to download stuff from chrome (which i couldnt do) so i decided to root my phone using my pc, so i found this Vid
    heres the problem though, i think my usb drivers suck (maybe cuz' im still using Win 7, which is also not genuine?) so ignoring that fact, i tried to install file corresponding to SM-G532F model with odin. i somehow managed to fail over and over, until i eventually tried look up the USB drivers sooo i found this https://developer.samsung.com/mobile/android-usb-driver.html and installed it, after i did that something changed instead of instantly failing to stuff Odin actually started to do something and then stop (there was a certain log that made it stuck) then i tried to restart the phone but not in the normal way. i removed its battery and put it back, Odin got stuck exactly like before, that kinda scared me, not gonna lie, so i tried to turn the phone back on, but i couldnt (i cant recall exactly how it didnt start but yeah overall... it didnt), that made me search stuff in google yet again i found this
    and i forgot to check Softbrick fixer 1:43, it didn't do thing there was just an error then i tried to get the batteries out and in again i also tried installing this too https://softfamous.com/postdownload-file/media-transfer-protocol-porting-kit/24862/10050/ when i finally did that, hijacking actually worked... or it said that it did, when i tried to start my phone with volume up+lock screen+home button it seemed like it started but it just didnt stop and even after 15-20 mins of loading it didnt finish doing it.i tried turning it on several times every attempt ended with failure. after that i tried once again to find answers on youtube so i found this guy
    he said that file which i need to install can be found here but i cant find it here when i searched SM-G532F stock rom odin xda i found this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/installing-stock-rom-on-sm-g532f.3672884/#post-75474147 thread which was about Samsung galaxy grand prime (that model somehow shares the name with my model?!), as the video first way is the easiest and it has the odd to be the most successful of all, soo i came up with this website and thought to myself am i doing everything right? should i keep doing what im doing, what if im messing my phone even more than it is right now, and i wrote this just to make sure what to do. thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    I repaired my phone, but ill just leave this post here just in case someone runs into the same problem.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    hi everyone, this is how it happened. i tried to root my phone using king root in the phone but i couldnt find app on play store so i tried downloading it from chrome, i found the site and tried to download the APK but it didnt work ( i tried to do that on few other sites on few other apps), so i thought "ill just search it on google or youtube". on youtube everyone said that i needed Kingroot or something like which required me to download stuff from chrome (which i couldnt do) so i decided to root my phone using my pc, so i found this Vid
    heres the problem though, i think my usb drivers suck (maybe cuz' im still using Win 7, which is also not genuine?) so ignoring that fact, i tried to install file corresponding to SM-G532F model with odin. i somehow managed to fail over and over, until i eventually tried look up the USB drivers sooo i found this https://developer.samsung.com/mobile/android-usb-driver.html and installed it, after i did that something changed instead of instantly failing to stuff Odin actually started to do something and then stop (there was a certain log that made it stuck) then i tried to restart the phone but not in the normal way. i removed its battery and put it back, Odin got stuck exactly like before, that kinda scared me, not gonna lie, so i tried to turn the phone back on, but i couldnt (i cant recall exactly how it didnt start but yeah overall... it didnt), that made me search stuff in google yet again i found this
    and i forgot to check Softbrick fixer 1:43, it didn't do thing there was just an error then i tried to get the batteries out and in again i also tried installing this too https://softfamous.com/postdownload-file/media-transfer-protocol-porting-kit/24862/10050/ when i finally did that, hijacking actually worked... or it said that it did, when i tried to start my phone with volume up+lock screen+home button it seemed like it started but it just didnt stop and even after 15-20 mins of loading it didnt finish doing it.i tried turning it on several times every attempt ended with failure. after that i tried once again to find answers on youtube so i found this guy
    he said that file which i need to install can be found here but i cant find it here when i searched SM-G532F stock rom odin xda i found this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/installing-stock-rom-on-sm-g532f.3672884/#post-75474147 thread which was about Samsung galaxy grand prime (that model somehow shares the name with my model?!), as the video first way is the easiest and it has the odd to be the most successful of all, soo i came up with this website and thought to myself am i doing everything right? should i keep doing what im doing, what if im messing my phone even more than it is right now, and i wrote this just to make sure what to do. thanks in advance!

If you are asking if flashing the stock firmware for your device is the right step, of course this is the only thing you can do returning to its original state to your device and from there, if you solve it you might take a look on the Magisk forum to root it, I won´t recommend any apps like the mentioned, the last time I used KingRoot was for a Blu on 4.2.2 and it became full of virus infecting too my PC, the only solution was formatting all my HDD to a low level through 5 hours and so.

As per the W7 being an illegal copy you haven´t to use that for obvious reasons, there is a lite version of Windows 10 called MiniOS, it works very fine on non-full powered PC although the free version has limited customization options the OS is fully functional though. Actually it´s very easy to burn it in an USB stick and install it yourself.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Mizumaky

Oct 26, 2020
    Xperia XZ1 won't boot after changing to pseudolocale

Hi,
    this would be the most ridiculous brick I've encountered 😄

What I did:
    Having enabled Developer options, I tried setting cibarA [XB] (Arabic when reversed) as my main language.
    1618785327963.png
    1618785350875.png

As I figured out now, this should be a pseudolocale .
    Since not everything was reversed, I thought a restart might make even more things reversed, but it actually made my phone not able to boot (properly) after that.

Current state:
    On startup, it shows the Sony logo (as usual), then a black screen with tools icon for a while (also usual), then animated Xperia logo (also usual), but after that, the animation gets stuck and remains like that. When I press the power button the screen goes black and the phone is in a kind of semi-turned-on state. Pressing the button again lights up the black screen for like half a second, the green led indicator of charging also seem to brighten a bit during the time. When I hold down the power button I get a reduced power menu:
    1618786238368.png

I tried to hold down the Power down option to boot into Safe mode, which it did, but I ended up in the same situation, except that there is "edom efaS" written down there on that black screen :D.

I tried searching a bit, but could not find anything for such a specific case. I thought maybe using ADB (although im a noob in that) could help, but I found this post which says I would need root. Which reminds me:

My device:
    Sony Xperia XZ1
    non-rooted
    latest official firmware
    from EU (Czechia)
    developer options enabled, with USB debugging hopefully allowed for my PC in the past
    I hope this is sufficient, since I cant get into the system to check for details.

Ill be glad for any tips or guides on what I can do or which you can point me to. I use my phone quite a lot on a daily basis with important stuff on it. I should be able to grasp technical terms (am an IT student), altough I havent done much Android experiments myself except rooting my older Z1 Compact a few years ago. Thanks!

EDIT:
    - I tried to get to fastboot, but it did not find my device, i guess probably would need unlocked bootloader for that?
    - I tried to use adb shell in that half-on state, but the UI is not there, so I cannot confirm anything, and on pc it still says adb.exe: device unauthorized.
    - I tried flash mode and Sony Flash tool, just to see what it says. It says This phone is locked and points to unlocking Bootloader.
    - Recovery mode - holding Volume down and power button as described here does vibrate, lights up a black screen for a short while and then dims, and then vibrate again and does a casual startup process described above. I guess again, an unlocked bootloader needed? But as I have searched, I should be able to do that without it, shouldnt i?
    - Was able to pick up a phone call!! It rang in my bluetooth headphones, so I picked it up, and then a call UI showed on the screen. Although, I was not able to move on, I found eg keypad codes here, but I cannot confirm them when in the call. After ending it I get back to the black screen. So I guess the phone actually IS booted, but the UI is not working. Could this help?
    - Link to a thread in Xperia XZ1 -> QnA

Last edited:

Jochen K.

Nov 20, 2012
    Cologne / Koeln
    Hi,

is there any app that actually can restore newly deleted videos? (Android 8.1/LineageOS)

-------------------------------------------------------
    Background to my question:
    I installed one of those apps that claim to do so a while ago, when it was a "free" offer on AppSales, but didn't have anything to undelete... until last night.

I did some "house cleaning", deleting several hundred videos, realised too late that one of them was worth keeping - and remembered that app.

To my surprise it just listed all those videos I had NOT deleted.

I tried out half a dozen Video Recovery apps from the Play Store, which all did exactly the same thing, even though some claimed that they would do a "deep scan" (in one case "of your harddisk") that would find all deleted videos.

Birdflyer

Oct 22, 2020
    Greetings Community,
    I have a Samsung S8 Active and after a bit of research couldn't find one custom rom for the active variant of the the S8. Is the active the same internally and thus can take the same rom?

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Greetings Community,
    I have a Samsung S8 Active and after a bit of research couldn't find one custom rom for the active variant of the the S8. Is the active the same internally and thus can take the same rom?

Some of the models or variants grouped into Snapdragon and the others into Exynos share similarities although their differences on radio, modem specifics and some of them being a dual SIM model, with minimal modifications they should work on most of them but the reason why you don´t see your model listed as compatible with this or that ROM is that the bootloader can´t be unlocked as happens too with other models (although it could be some exploit in some specific revisions) this discourages developers.

Anyway this is the only I found so far https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...orgrom-root-for-the-galaxy-s8-active.3747788/

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Didn't want to create a new topic.
    Can You name this phone model? Tried to get the answer from the source but they didn't know.

View attachment 5285035
    This navbar style remembers me the XOS UI used for Infinix devices so refining the searching this is the nearest similar model I found https://www.gsmarena.com/infinix_zero_6_pro-9657.php but anyway there is yet an "anachronistic inconsistency" so when the notch hit the scenario from what I know navigation bar hardware buttons disapeared turning on virtual ones so maybe it's just a concept inspired on Infinix devices; usually publicity uses non-recognizable/real devices to not indicate any kind of association if there is not one but they sometimes decide to insinuate some approximation to a certain model for convenience reasons, also most of times is avoided many tech advanced handset as models to avoid most people think that is unreachable for the mass of people.

Reactions: sandth_halp

sandth_halp

Apr 18, 2021
    hi all! I was trying to get my phone rooted, people here told me Magisk was the best option (btw is it?, are there any other optimal methods?) I found this Guide and did every step exactly like the tutorial. I loaded TWRP successfully but when i tried to Powbutton+VolUp+HomeButton TWRP didn't come up instead it was the normal menu. I tried using lots of versions of Odin, but nothing worked. is there any way to solve this problem or any other roots that are easier to install? what should I do?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
    Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    hi all! I was trying to get my phone rooted, people here told me Magisk was the best option (btw is it?, are there any other optimal methods?) I found this Guide and did every step exactly like the tutorial. I loaded TWRP successfully but when i tried to Powbutton+VolUp+HomeButton TWRP didn't come up instead it was the normal menu. I tried using lots of versions of Odin, but nothing worked. is there any way to solve this problem or any other roots that are easier to install? what should I do?
    I have a Pixel 4a, which does not have TWRP for the phone (running A1). One the bootloader is unlocked, i think he app can install Magisk directly.

lash20079

Apr 22, 2021
    Is there a way to root a Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 (ATU-L31)?

only have rooted a samsung galaxy, and it was with an app
    i've tried most stuff (simple stuff, atleast) but i cant figure out ex. magisk and twrp and their use
    only time i've used adb is changing phone resolution.

help

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Xperia XZ1 won't boot after changing to pseudolocale

Hi,
    this would be the most ridiculous brick I've encountered 😄

What I did:
    Having enabled Developer options, I tried setting cibarA [XB] (Arabic when reversed) as my main language.
    View attachment 5283267View attachment 5283269
    As I figured out now, this should be a pseudolocale .
    Since not everything was reversed, I thought a restart might make even more things reversed, but it actually made my phone not able to boot (properly) after that.

Current state:
    On startup, it shows the Sony logo (as usual), then a black screen with tools icon for a while (also usual), then animated Xperia logo (also usual), but after that, the animation gets stuck and remains like that. When I press the power button the screen goes black and the phone is in a kind of semi-turned-on state. Pressing the button again lights up the black screen for like half a second, the green led indicator of charging also seem to brighten a bit during the time. When I hold down the power button I get a reduced power menu:
    View attachment 5283275
    I tried to hold down the Power down option to boot into Safe mode, which it did, but I ended up in the same situation, except that there is "edom efaS" written down there on that black screen :D.

I tried searching a bit, but could not find anything for such a specific case. I thought maybe using ADB (although im a noob in that) could help, but I found this post which says I would need root. Which reminds me:

My device:
    Sony Xperia XZ1
    non-rooted
    latest official firmware
    from EU (Czechia)
    developer options enabled, with USB debugging hopefully allowed for my PC in the past
    I hope this is sufficient, since I cant get into the system to check for details.

Ill be glad for any tips or guides on what I can do or which you can point me to. I use my phone quite a lot on a daily basis with important stuff on it. I should be able to grasp technical terms (am an IT student), altough I havent done much Android experiments myself except rooting my older Z1 Compact a few years ago. Thanks!

EDIT:
    - I tried to get to fastboot, but it did not find my device, i guess probably would need unlocked bootloader for that?
    - I tried to use adb shell in that half-on state, but the UI is not there, so I cannot confirm anything, and on pc it still says adb.exe: device unauthorized.
    - I tried flash mode and Sony Flash tool, just to see what it says. It says This phone is locked and points to unlocking Bootloader.
    - Recovery mode - holding Volume down and power button as described here does vibrate, lights up a black screen for a short while and then dims, and then vibrate again and does a casual startup process described above. I guess again, an unlocked bootloader needed? But as I have searched, I should be able to do that without it, shouldnt i?
    - Was able to pick up a phone call!! It rang in my bluetooth headphones, so I picked it up, and then a call UI showed on the screen. Although, I was not able to move on, I found eg keypad codes here, but I cannot confirm them when in the call. After ending it I get back to the black screen. So I guess the phone actually IS booted, but the UI is not working. Could this help?
    - Link to a thread in Xperia XZ1 -> QnA
    Unfortunately you can´t unlock bootloader this way so USB debugging and OEM unlock were not enabled and you can´t submit the process through Sony unlock program. But if you enabled before and wasn´t untoggled for some internal error due to a bad flashing or failed booting process then you can start to apply unlocking.

I don´t understand why your screen was reversed this way, did you touch something like force RTL layout direction? not sure why.. or if your device is on but you can´t see nothing, if this is the case you can tap (blindly) on the area where it suppose to appear the message to allow adb communicating with your device to can authorize it.

I think formatting data is the right way to solve it or flashing again the same firmware that was previously, you could use for this, flashmode, this way you don´t need an unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Is there a way to root a Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 (ATU-L31)?

only have rooted a samsung galaxy, and it was with an app
    i've tried most stuff (simple stuff, atleast) but i cant figure out ex. magisk and twrp and their use
    only time i've used adb is changing phone resolution.

help
    The problem is that you need to unlock the bootloader first and from what I know only paid services are available.

SaeedVahid

Apr 20, 2021
    Hi there;
    I need a custom recovery for Huawei Honor 4C (Kitkat) but I couldn't find any working link on the forum, I know it's very old model but I'm sure there are some custom recoveries that work on it... TWRP or CWM, it doesn't matter... I just want to backup my stock ROM and then update it to Marshmallow...
    Thanks in advance

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Reactions: SaeedVahid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Bro how can i directly contact you i am not undrstnding cuz i am new to oneplus .. and my android version is still 10.0.12
      Hi
      I don't know what you are talking about here or who you are replying to.
      In the future, please use the reply option when replying to someone. That way the person you are replying to will get a notification. Also, someone like me coming across your post can click on what you are replying to and go back to see the conversation and might be able to jump in to help.
      I'm receiving a Galaxy A52 5G (first Samsung phone since the S2) tomorrow and I would appreciate if someone could point me toward some guides/tools to help get rid of bloatware (I believe the device comes with ONE UI 3.1 be default). I'm interested as well in any ressources to help enhance security/privacy, last few devices were running Lineage OS but I don't want to mess things to much for fear of triggering the Knox feature, at least as long as I got the warranty valid.
      Any attempt to root it or unlock it will trigger the Knox/security features and of course the warranty so if you want to stay in the safe side the most you can do by now to "get rid of" (not totally) is disable them using this method https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/ be careful to not disable essential apps, also surprisingly there is a lot of real (that I should call them) bloatware that can be uninstalled too.
      Doesnt that oem unlock option just enable/allow unlocking the bootloader, instead of unlocking right away?

I tried the oem unlock toggle but i think the bootloader is still locked.

It seems i cant do much with the phone if the charging port is broken.
      Yes, once the OEM unlock option is enabled you can go to the next level rooting it or installing TWRP at least in the first firmware versions (I had one) but actually the most reliable rooting method is Magisk in my opinion, in the old days worked an app called FlashFire, that could flash the firmware directly onto device but it´s now deprecated. For the many inconvenience that make a broken charging port you should rethink it if you are able to repair it at a certain time.
      I've came across a debloat list labelled samsung (2020) and I was wondering if I could use that as is or should I trim it down.
      I don´t think you can use that list as it is, there are some essential and dependencies to some apps can work well. You only should disable those that can you see and interact with as user and that may consume more resources, in my opinion not those from the core.
      Hi guys i'm new here and i don't know if i am writing my request at the right place. if i am not i am sorry.i have a lenovo tab 4 10 plus (TB-x704L) and i think that i bricked my device.i had the android 10,but i didn't like it and i have decided to put again the stock rom(7.1).i tried with qfil and with the lenovo rescue and smart assistance and i probably did something wrong and now my tablet cannot be recognizable by windows(minimal and fastboot don't find the device),but the most importan is that i can't get to the andoid home screen,always reboots at the set up android stage.i tried with qfil again,some imgs takes them some others not (sahara problem or it doesn't find any port).I tried to search the forum about this,but i didn't find anything.Please someone help me.Luckily the tablet has waranty until august,but i am afraid that they will tell me that it is my fault and they will ask me to pay.Thank you.
      Sorry, I doubt that a device that was shipped with 7.1 reached A10 anyway devices since MM don´t admit downgrades.

The better would be try to restore the firmware that was the latest upgrade.

If this is succesfull atleast to flash it but some stuffs won´t work anymore then you should claim your warranty.
      There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
      which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
      ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
      leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
      the direction where that user can find an answer
      and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
      point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
      (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
      and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
      NO TROLLING
      NO NAME CALLING
      NO RIDICULING
      NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
      problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
      post-mortem
      SilentStrider
      Ghostfreak NB
      mayank9856
      sgs22012
      Zatta
      ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
      Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
      HTML:
      [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
      Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
      Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
      ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone