Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

luutoo

• Sep 30, 2019
    I guess you flashed something while you already had a password, prior to do some major modification or update is always advisable to remove your password, now that you deleted that file mentioned you need to format data in order to can boot so encryption measure was activated, Did you try flashing DMVerity? or probably you can transfer that files you want while connected through TWRP if your internal storage is visible or you should try with adb pulling out through TWRP advanced sideload options. I also read some time ago that doing a password as pattern is possibly to delete it/remove it completely by using the numbers for those which the pattern trace pass through, for example an L would be 1, 4, 7, 8 and 9 in a 3x3 frame.
    Did not flash anything. Today I re-flashed twrp and have access to twrp now. I don't want to format my data as you mentioned I should since I want to backup the pictures, in order to do that I have to decrypt my data. After deleting locksettings.db I could still decrypt the device with my old password. After changing the password in android, and booting back to twrp the new passowrd nor the old password didn't decrypt my data. I hope I make sense not sure how to explain it any better, it was stupid to delete that file. Is there anyway for me to decrypt this device? I've tried installing the same OS on a different phone, change the password, and then pull&push the locksettings.db file to my device, which did not work.

Inlacrimas

Nov 9, 2016
    If possible, I would run a check using a wired headphone set, to see if the echo is exactly the same. Also, make sure you are not in a reflectove room; ie outside. And yes, I understand it is the one contact. Which also raises the question if the issue is possible caused at their end.
    I think it is on the contacts end and this is what i am trying to prove. Not so much to prove him wrong but more to find out about the issue. I will switch to a different phone soon anyways but I'm still curious.
    Unfortunately i do not have access to the contacts phone so i can only influence my end of things.
    I will try it with wired headphones and see if it works.
    What i can tell is that the phone he is using is one of the older i phones and the carrier he is using.
    Another factor that comes into play here is that the call is forwarded from a landline phone to a mobile phone.
    I don't know if this could influence things negatively my knowledge in this area is way to low to be fair :)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    ...snip...
    Another factor that comes into play here is that the call is forwarded from a landline phone to a mobile phone.
    ...snip...
    Of course not "the answer" but that little change sounds frought with possibilities of a bad connection. I have called as lot of company sipport lines during this p[andemic, and with everyone wporking from home, they use internet forwarding of calls to landlines. They have been some of the worst connections. And ironically, the most notable have been my ISP, even though the internet service they provide is really good. But io am in AUS and their support is based in the Philippines. Including really bad echo.

PEACH-PIT

Jan 22, 2018
    Hello.
    I am trying to port the twrp of moto g 5g plus to moto g 5g.
    However, although it starts, the touch screen does not work.
    How can I fix this?
    I've done some research and all I can find is a fix that doesn't work.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Did not flash anything. Today I re-flashed twrp and have access to twrp now. I don't want to format my data as you mentioned I should since I want to backup the pictures, in order to do that I have to decrypt my data. After deleting locksettings.db I could still decrypt the device with my old password. After changing the password in android, and booting back to twrp the new passowrd nor the old password didn't decrypt my data. I hope I make sense not sure how to explain it any better, it was stupid to delete that file. Is there anyway for me to decrypt this device? I've tried installing the same OS on a different phone, change the password, and then pull&push the locksettings.db file to my device, which did not work.
    Did you try what suggested in the second part of my post? Anyway take in account that some devices can't be decrypted, no matter if you format data, you shouldn't have access to data in a certain condition. Also some TWRP can and others can't access; did you try different versions? (if available).

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hello.
    I am trying to port the twrp of moto g 5g plus to moto g 5g.
    However, although it starts, the touch screen does not work.
    How can I fix this?
    I've done some research and all I can find is a fix that doesn't work.
    Which guide did you follow and which part of the process you did? And which was the fix that doesn´t work?

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    I have a S7 exynos flat running stock samsung android 8 rom. The charging port is broken, but i wonder if theres a way to unlock bootloader/flash another rom using an sd card in the sd card slot somehow?
    What about using something like kingoroot onelclick root apps, and then use one of these boot-to-recovery apps?

Also a question, if one flashs a custom rom like lineage, floyd etc which resembles android 10 or 11, does that mean you can run apps requiring android versions 10 or 11?

Thanks

The S7 Exynos variant doesn't need an additional step than enable OEM unlock option and you're good to go.
    Regarding the one-click root app personally I won´t recommend any other than SuperSu for old firmwares or actually Magisk but you should need to connect it to other device for that.
    Yes, this is how it works.

Reactions: darkangel32

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
    The S7 Exynos variant doesn't need an additional step than enable OEM unlock option and you're good to go.
    Regarding the one-click root app personally I won´t recommend any other than SuperSu for old firmwares or actually Magisk but you should need to connect it to other device for that.
    Yes, this is how it works.
    Doesnt that oem unlock option just enable/allow unlocking the bootloader, instead of unlocking right away?

I tried the oem unlock toggle but i think the bootloader is still locked.

It seems i cant do much with the phone if the charging port is broken.

PEACH-PIT

Jan 22, 2018
    Which guide did you follow and which part of the process you did? And which was the fix that doesn´t work?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-porting-twrp-without-source.3843473/
    I ported it using this procedure.
    Many of the files did not fit the description, but when I replaced all the split_img, it started.
    However, the touch screen does not work.
    I forced myself to select it with the otg mouse.
    However, I can't use the terminal or other important functions.

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-27132.html
    I tried to modify the kernel by referring to this page, but there was no corresponding file and it did not work.

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-26277.html
    Of course, this doesn't work either.
    Furthermore, when porting with this tool, the screen to enter the password does not appear.
    I don't think the data can be compounded either.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Doesnt that oem unlock option just enable/allow unlocking the bootloader, instead of unlocking right away?

I tried the oem unlock toggle but i think the bootloader is still locked.

It seems i cant do much with the phone if the charging port is broken.
    Yes, once the OEM unlock option is enabled you can go to the next level rooting it or installing TWRP at least in the first firmware versions (I had one) but actually the most reliable rooting method is Magisk in my opinion, in the old days worked an app called FlashFire, that could flash the firmware directly onto device but it´s now deprecated. For the many inconvenience that make a broken charging port you should rethink it if you are able to repair it at a certain time.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-porting-twrp-without-source.3843473/
    I ported it using this procedure.
    Many of the files did not fit the description, but when I replaced all the split_img, it started.
    However, the touch screen does not work.
    I forced myself to select it with the otg mouse.
    However, I can't use the terminal or other important functions.

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-27132.html
    I tried to modify the kernel by referring to this page, but there was no corresponding file and it did not work.

https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-26277.html
    Of course, this doesn't work either.
    Furthermore, when porting with this tool, the screen to enter the password does not appear.
    I don't think the data can be compounded either.
    Firstly the recovery base is not a good candidate so it has a different processor apart of other things, you should search for devices with SD750G and you get something like this, it´s just an example, you can get a more extended list https://www.dealntech.com/phones-snapdragon-750g-5g-processor/ then search if there is a TWRP for some of those devices and try it one by one, I´m not finding one right now but I saw many other guides to port TWRP, I didn´t see in your guide nothing relevant to kernel compiling...other than compliment the method with better guides you could try this tool https://github.com/yshalsager/MSM8225-TWRP-Porter

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
    Yes, once the OEM unlock option is enabled you can go to the next level rooting it or installing TWRP at least in the first firmware versions (I had one) but actually the most reliable rooting method is Magisk in my opinion, in the old days worked an app called FlashFire, that could flash the firmware directly onto device but it´s now deprecated. For the many inconvenience that make a broken charging port you should rethink it if you are able to repair it at a certain time.

So, how do i go about rooting my device without using the usb/charging port? :)

Crrrr

• Apr 2, 2021
    Hello,

Q: What is the correct (and simplest) way to install Samsung firmware updates?

Presently, I install the Samsung firmware using Odin (BL, AP, CP, CSC), then flash the TWRP (AP) with Odin, wipe everything, then install the custom ROM.

Is there a simpler way?

I mention that currently I am using a lineage GSI image as custom rom and that in the "Tremble app" it says it does not allow seemliness updates. By the way, what does that last part mean?

Any idea, guys?

PEACH-PIT

Jan 22, 2018
    Firstly the recovery base is not a good candidate so it has a different processor apart of other things, you should search for devices with SD750G and you get something like this, it´s just an example, you can get a more extended list https://www.dealntech.com/phones-snapdragon-750g-5g-processor/ then search if there is a TWRP for some of those devices and try it one by one, I´m not finding one right now but I saw many other guides to port TWRP, I didn´t see in your guide nothing relevant to kernel compiling...other than compliment the method with better guides you could try this tool https://github.com/yshalsager/MSM8225-TWRP-Porter

https://github.com/yshalsager/MSM8225-TWRP-Porter
    It is obvious that this tool does not work.
    This tool stopped being updated 4 years ago.
    Even the twrp team was not able to support android10 until 2021.

https://www.dealntech.com/phones-snapdragon-750g-5g-processor/
    I referred to this article.
    https://dl.twrp.me/gauguin/
    As a result, I used this twrp.
    Unfortunately, the touch panel does not work.
    Furthermore, the password input screen does not appear, so I can't compound the data.

shafi1885

• Apr 18, 2021
    Xiaomi Mi 3
    Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
    FOD NOT WORKING IN MIUI EU ROM MI 9 SE (GRUS)
    after flashing MIUI 12.6 EU WEEKLY ROM from MIUI 12.5 CHINA STABLE ROM, FOD stopped working. I have tried calibrating the FOD in CIT but it didn't worked there also, showing error. Then I thought it is a bug of WEEKLY ROM so I flashed again MIUI 12.5 EU STABLE ROM, it didn't change the fact that FOD not working. What could be the possible solution for it?
    Can I flash China KERNEL or China FIRMWARE ? Because, after searching about it hours after hours in XDA, I found only this info, that FOD works better on CHINA ROM. Or should I flash EEA KERNEL or EEA FIRMWARE? Will it fix the problem? What could have been wrong here?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    FOD NOT WORKING IN MIUI EU ROM MI 9 SE (GRUS)
    after flashing MIUI 12.6 EU WEEKLY ROM from MIUI 12.5 CHINA STABLE ROM, FOD stopped working. I have tried calibrating the FOD in CIT but it didn't worked there also, showing error. Then I thought it is a bug of WEEKLY ROM so I flashed again MIUI 12.5 EU STABLE ROM, it didn't change the fact that FOD not working. What could be the possible solution for it?
    Can I flash China KERNEL or China FIRMWARE ? Because, after searching about it hours after hours in XDA, I found only this info, that FOD works better on CHINA ROM. Or should I flash EEA KERNEL or EEA FIRMWARE? Will it fix the problem? What could have been wrong here?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Miui EU ROMs are based on Chinese firmware so flashing the Chinese kernel won´t make a difference, if your device is the European version then flash the European firmware, also flashing the stock kernel whatever the region it comes doesn´t work, the ROM comes with its own kernel.

If it is not an issue itself from this specific release then check things like:
    - If you did the right procedure before to flash it wiping caches, dalvik, data and system.
    - If you are in the latest firmware.
    - If you are not coming from an AOSP or similar based ROM.
    - If Magisk is causing that.

• Love
    Reactions: shafi1885

mercuryZZblock

May 7, 2021
    NX507J not mapping entirety of internal storage
    I have recently got my hand on this phone and first flashed official img via fastboot on it (was in a bootloop before). All was fine. I then flashed Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 onto it and now internal storage only shows 4GB as the total internal storage space instead of the 16GB rom space. I can't install even basic apps I need now.
    Is there any way for it to recognise the entire 16GB of space? thanks.

mercuryZZblock

May 7, 2021
    Update: I was an idiot and flashed the QFIL image with fastboot. Only flashed the recovery, boot, and system in that go. I was following some guide regarding flashing factory images with fastboot. Don't know if it matters though.

Top Liked Posts