• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
In the process of checking the J7 to see if it had the adoptable storage option in default settings, I rediscovered a sdcard that I used to root a nook tablet years and years ago. The process involved burning the files onto the sdcard as bootable RAW. I've tried over the years to convert the sdcard back into a usable storage medium, I've tried various formatting software, I've used windows powershell commands, I've used CMD commands, you name it, yet I still can't get it repaired. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck using gparted in Linux, if so, I'll give it a try, I don't have a Linux system or a live USB on hand so I'd have to take time to get it together to use it.

Does anyone have any ideas that might be more forceful or useful to fix this sdcard? It isn't important, just a problem that I never found a solution for and I'd like to find a trick that works for future reference.
I have had a LOOoooong history with external SDCards, since my first gingerbread phone. I purchased a 64GB SDCard with a lifetime warranty and had to use that warranty two or three times when I first got the card in quick succession. I learnt (after killing a card or two) that it required a few GB at the start to be unformatted (not documented by SanDisk). Anyway, end of rant..

What I have used to work with formatting my SDCard(s)/adding and resizing and moving/creating partitions on my SDCard has been some free software called "MiniPartition Wizard Free" CAREFUL when you install it as it defaults to install other bloat and include you in their feedback system.

I like it as it can format EXT4,3,2 & Swap Partitions and other "Linux" style things, while in windows.

As for using external SDCard for internal, I used to have a boot script (sourced here in XDA) that enabled this feature before it was enabled within android! I used to run it on my first Android phone (GB/ICS) which only had 512MB internal storage, so I had a 3GB partition on my 64GB external SDCard used for my internal. ie i Only converted part pof the SDCArd to internal storage, which I dont think is an option with googles simplified implementation.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I have had a LOOoooong history with external SDCards, since my first gingerbread phone. I purchased a 64GB SDCard with a lifetime warranty and had to use that warranty two or three times when I first got the card in quick succession. I learnt (after killing a card or two) that it required a few GB at the start to be unformatted (not documented by SanDisk). Anyway, end of rant..

What I have used to work with formatting my SDCard(s)/adding and resizing and moving/creating partitions on my SDCard has been some free software called "MiniPartition Wizard Free" CAREFUL when you install it as it defaults to install other bloat and include you in their feedback system.

I like it as it can format EXT4,3,2 & Swap Partitions and other "Linux" style things, while in windows.

As for using external SDCard for internal, I used to have a boot script (sourced here in XDA) that enabled this feature before it was enabled within android! I used to run it on my first Android phone (GB/ICS) which only had 512MB internal storage, so I had a 3GB partition on my 64GB external SDCard used for my internal. ie i Only converted part pof the SDCArd to internal storage, which I dont think is an option with googles simplified implementation.
Not trying to use adoptable storage, just trying to learn a solution that fixes the sdcard where other methods haven't been successful.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt

No luck with that tool so far, all wipe and format options I've tried says its successful in the Minitool window but the drive disappears from the list requiring me to remove and replace the card for the system to see it again and it remains unchanged. I think the file system is corrupted in a manner that requires a more in depth approach or it may not be recoverable at all. Considering the many different methods and tools that "should" have worked but haven't, it appears it might be a lost cause. No big deal, its only a 16GB card that I'll probably never use anyway. It would be nice to find a solution if one exists just for the sake of knowing how to do it, I hate problems I can't find a solution for, they drive me nuts. It seems like there should be some kind of solution, maybe pretty complicated but still possible.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
No luck with that tool so far, all wipe and format options I've tried says its successful in the Minitool window but the drive disappears from the list requiring me to remove and replace the card for the system to see it again and it remains unchanged. I think the file system is corrupted in a manner that requires a more in depth approach or it may not be recoverable at all. Considering the many different methods and tools that "should" have worked but haven't, it appears it might be a lost cause. No big deal, its only a 16GB card that I'll probably never use anyway. It would be nice to find a solution if one exists just for the sake of knowing how to do it, I hate problems I can't find a solution for, they drive me nuts. It seems like there should be some kind of solution, maybe pretty complicated but still possible.
That tool worked for me EXCEPOT% when I borked (ie broken beyond repair) the card by not including a reserved space at the start of the card. After I created a partition from the start of the card, NO tool was able to rescue/recover that SDCard. Since learning this, I have noted that all my USB flash drives also come pre-formatted with an unused area at the start of the card.

And to state the obvious, you did click the apply button before exiting....

Simply out of interest, maybe post a screen shot/clip of the card partitions and shown in the above tool before you format the card.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
That tool worked for me EXCEPOT% when I borked (ie broken beyond repair) the card by not including a reserved space at the start of the card. After I created a partition from the start of the card, NO tool was able to rescue/recover that SDCard. Since learning this, I have noted that all my USB flash drives also come pre-formatted with an unused area at the start of the card.

And to state the obvious, you did click the apply button before exiting....

Simply out of interest, maybe post a screen shot/clip of the card partitions and shown in the above tool before you format the card.
I think I "borked" this card the same way you borked yours, lol.

I don't know why, if I had taken my time and considered the possibility that I may need/want the card for other purposes, at some point, I would have known better than to format it the way I did.

I have a DoD full secure wipe program(DBAN), do you think it might do anything? It would take many, many hours to run its multiple passes. Not sure that would do anything other than just wipe it, I think the problem is a file system, FAT, MBR, header type of issue.

Still seems there should be a way to reverse any operation, its all just code, after all.

Or could it be that the operation did some kind of physical damage to card.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I think I "borked" this card the same way you borked yours, lol.

I don't know why, if I had taken my time and considered the possibility that I may need/want the card for other purposes, at some point, I would have known better than to format it the way I did.

I have a DoD full secure wipe program(DBAN), do you think it might do anything? It would take many, many hours to run its multiple passes. Not sure that would do anything other than just wipe it, I think the problem is a file system, FAT, MBR, header type of issue.

Still seems there should be a way to reverse any operation, its all just code, after all.

Or could it be that the operation did some kind of physical damage to card.
To be clear, I actually broke more than one SDCard. SanDisk support were no help (but they did offer to send me 2 32GB cards at no extra cost, as my device "didnt support 64GB" by the phone manufacturers web site), I stumbled across some random web page that noted the fact (the need for reserved space at start); after I broke the second card. I sent the card back to SanDisk under warranty, and instead of fixing it and sending the same one back, they sent me a new card. That may of been simply lazy, but I think it actually causes some irreversible damage (the web page I found), that even Sandisk thought was easier to send me a new card for.

I also note that my SSD's, and even HDD's all have an unused space at the start of the drive.

freetobe0

Sep 24, 2021
anyone please if they have a few minutes... I'd like to learn how to create roms for android phones and learn all this rooting etc... please if someone could point me in the right direction as to the reading i need to do...any good books to read.. courses to take if i get good at this stuff i might even put roms in this forum for all of us

lolvatveo

Nov 1, 2020
I have ROOTED, rooted mean now you are Administrator of all in your phone. But live is not like a dream, I can't delete or modify anything in system folder on my rooted samsung phone, when using Z Archiver to delete empty and junk folder it says failed even sometimes it says Access Denied ( maybe the problem is here) converted RO->RW, tried through ES File it says in use or busy, Root Explorer is useless even if I adds write permission, but when using lucky patcher to uninstall & install an app as system then it can creates or delete in system app, which means there may be a way for me to modify it, if the trash can't be deleted then the system partition will be filled with garbage forever and can only get fatter. Who know how to solve it?

Last edited:
Root explorer can't delete empty folder in system private app in rooted j700h , twrp doesn't show empty folder com... but only shows folder where application is installed in mounted system part, when deleting by es file explorer it says in use or busy, turning off magisk module can't solve it, help
@lolvatveo I can fully understand your frustration and that you're searching for help. However, you posted this totally six times. I've deleted five of your posts.
Please review the XDA Forum Rules with special emphasis on rule no. 5 and post only ONCE! Thanks for your cooperation.
If you're unhappy with the thread in that you've posted, just contact me or any other moderator (best via the report function) and get your post moved to the new desired location.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

lolvatveo

Nov 1, 2020
@lolvatveo I can fully understand your frustration and that you're searching for help. However, you posted this totally six times. I've deleted five of your posts.
Please review the XDA Forum Rules with special emphasis on rule no. 5 and post only ONCE! Thanks for your cooperation.
If you're unhappy with the thread in that you've posted, just contact me or any other moderator (best via the report function) and get your post moved to the new desired location.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
sure, but what do i do if i don't get an best answer, this is why i post everywhere.

sure, but what do i do if i don't get an best answer, this is why i post everywhere.
First, be patient. Second, respect the rules of this private platform. I assume you've meanwhile read them and also realised that we expect you to wait for at least 24 hours before you bump an unanswered question. I'm convinced you agree that a forum like XDA with 11+ million members, 3.5+ million threads and 78+ million posts can only be positively maintained to the benefit of its members if there're rules that are enforced.

Thanks for your understanding.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have ROOTED, rooted mean now you are Administrator of all in your phone. But live is not like a dream, I can't delete or modify anything in system folder on my rooted samsung phone, when using Z Archiver to delete empty and junk folder it says failed even sometimes it says Access Denied ( maybe the problem is here) converted RO->RW, tried through ES File it says in use or busy, Root Explorer is useless even if I adds write permission, but when using lucky patcher to uninstall & install an app as system then it can creates or delete in system app, which means there may be a way for me to modify it, if the trash can't be deleted then the system partition will be filled with garbage forever and can only get fatter. Who know how to solve it?

masterox1

Feb 6, 2018
Hey guys,

I have this phone called Stonexone and it got a problem with installing apps past a few gigs used of storage. I have 30% of my storage filled and I can't install apps anymore. No matter what method I could think of, apps just wouldn't install. I tried play store, I tried downloading the apk, I tried from twrp recovery and sideloading with adb. Nothing worked.

I can fill up my storage without issues, but when I try to install apps, it just doesn't let me.

Also my second issue is that I can't use sdcard as internal storage, whenever I format it as that, it just stays corrupted. I tried using adb cli for that too, didn't work

One more thing, I had this "insufficient storage" issue even with stock rom android 5.1 (nothing added, even twrp). And I thought that upgrading and rooting it might solve that problem, but it didn't. Any expert can help me, please

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/807734267214954536/891234984583630858/Screenshot_20210925-100830_Settings.png

EDIT: I didn't change anything with my phone, and it seems to have fixed itself. I will keep watching if the problem appears again, but feel free to answer this question for future uses by me others who might encounter the same problem. Also the issue with SDcard wasn't solved, I would like some insight on how to fix it

Last edited:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
hey everyone. hope all are doing well.
a question , i have latest adb/fastboot (platform tools v.r31.03) installed on windows.
while phone is on and in "regular" user mode , "adb devices" shows phone's serial no.
when i put phone in fastboot mode (still connected to pc. and have tried disconecting from pc , put into fastboot and then reconnecting) and "adb devices" shows nothing.
any ideas how to get phone to show up in fastboot?
all ideas and suggestions welcomed. :)

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
hey everyone. hope all are doing well.
a question , i have latest adb/fastboot (platform tools v.r31.03) installed on windows.
while phone is on and in "regular" user mode , "adb devices" shows phone's serial no.
when i put phone in fastboot mode (still connected to pc. and have tried disconecting from pc , put into fastboot and then reconnecting) and "adb devices" shows nothing.
any ideas how to get phone to show up in fastboot?
all ideas and suggestions welcomed. :)
You can't use adb commands while booted to bootloader. You can only use fastboot commands.

What you want to enter is: fastboot devices

Reactions: mrrocketdog

festeban

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, I'm having a problem with my phones battery.

I have a OnePlus 5T. Had it for more than 3 years, everything's been fine. Since yesterday I've noticed two problems:
- First, most google applications don't work: Google search bar, weather, calendar; but others work: gmail, maps.
- Second, the battery is being drained extremely fast. I have the app Accubattery installed and it says that on average it's draining at 775mA (891mA with screen on and 637mA with screen off). The phone app also says that most of the battery usage comes from Google.

Are these things related? Is there anything I can do? Tried restarting the phone but it's the same still. I don't want to do a factory reset unless I'm sure it can fix the issue.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I'm having a problem with my phones battery.

I have a OnePlus 5T. Had it for more than 3 years, everything's been fine. Since yesterday I've noticed two problems:
- First, most google applications don't work: Google search bar, weather, calendar; but others work: gmail, maps.
- Second, the battery is being drained extremely fast. I have the app Accubattery installed and it says that on average it's draining at 775mA (891mA with screen on and 637mA with screen off). The phone app also says that most of the battery usage comes from Google.

Are these things related? Is there anything I can do? Tried restarting the phone but it's the same still. I don't want to do a factory reset unless I'm sure it can fix the issue.
Try first erasing caches through recovery, some devices can't deal properly with too much trash getting space more and more through years.

I would recommend not to using nothing similar to a battery manager app, they may cause more harm than good trying to constantly monitoring and waking up the device.

Also, every time more, the apps demand an increasing battery consumption, specially when the firmware get slightly old, newer Android version seem to fix that because they're pairing better the updates. Devices get old through years and battery also get old.

No way to sure you that formatting data can solve the issue, but probably no better method to firmly know if the issue comes by this side.

Of course, logs are good to reveal the culprit.

Regards the stock updates, when they stopped some custom ROMs can help, I don't want to recommend that, but it's real, custom ROM give a second life (an extended one) to any device. I have a device from 2016 and although my battery is at 85% health still reach a complete day. Stock support stopped on nougat, my device get custom support at Android 11, Android 11 manages better the apps (that anyway get updated constantly) than Nougat does, this could be the reason behind.

Reactions: xunholyx

festeban

Sep 26, 2021
Try first erasing caches through recovery, some devices can't deal properly with too much trash getting space more and more through years.

I would recommend not to using nothing similar to a battery manager app, they may cause more harm than good trying to constantly monitoring and waking up the device.

Also, every time more, the apps demand an increasing battery consumption, specially when the firmware get slightly old, newer Android version seem to fix that because they're pairing better the updates. Devices get old through years and battery also get old.

No way to sure you that formatting data can solve the issue, but probably no better method to firmly know if the issue comes by this side.

Of course, logs are good to reveal the culprit.

Regards the stock updates, when they stopped some custom ROMs can help, I don't want to recommend that, but it's real, custom ROM give a second life (an extended one) to any device. I have a device from 2016 and although my battery is at 85% health still reach a complete day. Stock support stopped on nougat, my device get custom support at Android 11, Android 11 manages better the apps (that anyway get updated constantly) than Nougat does, this could be the reason behind.

Can you please add more info on what you are saying? Those words mean nothing to me. " erasing caches through recovery" "logs are good"

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hey! First time posting here I’ve just recently gotten into messsing with tablets and figured I’d start with my old 7th gen fire tablet. I’ve followed all the steps on the forum and have downloaded fire toolbox v23.0 and have had zero luck connecting the tablet! Help! HahahaView attachment 5419369
It was a terrible device, I couldn't connect it by the normal way, no matter what I tried BUT still can see that device is visible for at least few seconds before to disconnecting one and again.

I didn't see this thread when I owned this device, maybe it helps to you https://www.makeuseof.com/use-adb-over-wifi-android/

And the only thing that worked for me was this app https://es.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/ADB-Master.html in the short time device is got detected by PC I changed the option to manage it over the network/wirelessly, from there I could debloat some things, unfortunately in the newer versions Amazon patched the option to unlock bootloader, by software and hardware methods.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
    Greetings. Help me out here. Need to put Xposed on Meizy m3 note.
    Rooted through settings, security settings have "root" button.
    But can not activate xposed. I have tried different versions, no luck. I am attaching a photo of the error.
    Приветствую. Помогите разобраться. Нужно поставить Xposed на Meizy m3 note.
    Сделала рут через настройки, в настройках безопасности есть кнопка "root".
    Но не могу активировать xposed. Пробовала разные версии, не получается никак. Прикрепляю фото ошибки.
    @YanaMur

As courtesy, I've translated your post above. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Russian posts. Thanks for your cooperation!
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    The forum rules require your posts to be posted in English at the top of your post. You can still post in your native language but the English must be at the top of your post and then below that you can post in your native language.
    @Droidriven Just a very small request. Please only report such posts! This will allow us to immediately add a translation as courtesy to the benefit of all users; and we'll simultaneously make aware about the rules. Tanks very much for your cooperation.
    ....snip...

In the practice it's impossible to have a Samsung Q ROM for a Samsung device that official support stopped at Nougat, or at least I have never seen that. The most I could see is one and only one major update, of course may I totally wrong but never saw more than one update not supported officially.
    Funny you should chose Samsung for you example, my previous / spare device device is a Samsung S4 from 2013, which had official support stop at Lollipop (ie android 5, 2 before Nougat). There is an unofficial ROM using the blobs from the last official release for a current LineageOS 18.1 (ie R, ie Android 11), so that is the next version of android past Q. There is also talk of people starting builds of android 12 for this device. So it is very possible, but it also goes beyond the issue of manufacturers releasing the full source.

I used to build ROMs from source for this device and a few other even older devices (and released here on XDA), which were well beyond the last official versions released by the manufacturer (from jelly bean to lollipop I think on another). That is one of the reasons for using/building custom ROMs on older devices. ie to upgrade your android version beyond official manufacturer support. To enable building these ROMs, more than just the Kernel needs to be attained. The example I gave a link for is simply just one case I found in a single web search. If you read the article, it actually talks of samsung releasing their source quickly, which I would assume is the full source of the ROM, but not the source for proprietary hardware drivers.
    Got a Droid Turbo with LineageOS recovery, only seen as offline, even with a 'factory' cord. Data and system were wiped to try to start anew, but the unexpected offline condition prevents any side loading. Any tips on how to remove the offline condition? My apologies if this is the wrong forum.
    It seemed better to answer you in this thread.
    Hi. :)

I do not have the device and do not know your setup, so generic answer. ;)
    • Some devices have issues with USB ports, best to use a USB 2.0 port.
      Also try a different USB port and/or USB cable.
      If it is a USB-C to USB-C cable, try switching it (End B to computer, End A to device.)​
    • Windows - Make sure you have the correct (additional) drivers installed for the device when is in fastboot mode.
    • linux - Make sure you have access to USB.
      Depending on the linux distro you are running..
      Make sure the device is set in your udev-dev-rules and you (user) are part of the plugdev group.
      adb might be able to connect, that is a different connection than fastboot.​
    • macOS - Normally works out of the box once platform-tools are installed.

Hope something above helps. 🙃

Maybe another member (who knows more about the issue you are running into) is willing to help. :D

Cheers. :cowboy:

PS.
    For anyone who is looking for the official link. :whistle:
    SDK Platform Tools - developer.android - WebSite - Link
    • Bad news: my paid leave days are up, so I'm only able to try to recover the data in my spare time.
    • Good news: I'm coping. I already bought a Galaxy S21 (let's hope Samsung takes software update QA more seriously). I am keeping the Realme device untouched, installing regular updates, hoping for future fixes (perhaps when Realme releases Realme UI 3.0/Android 12 for this phone, another major update will fix this problem and flashable using stock recovery without triggering a wipe).
    Not sure if this tip appears in that tutorial, usually flashing through SP Flash tool the process takes no more than 10 minutes or so.

When you bypass the BROM restriction and your device is enabled to operate with the tool, you have to set these values; in Options/General uncheck Check LIB DA match and Storage Life Cycle Check, and in Options/Connetion/Conection Settings enable UART and set Baud rate to 921600, this is to speed up the flashing process to a low level, you have to check this option every time you flash otherwise is constantly set to its original value to 115200, also check in the Format tab the option to Flash all except bootloader.
    Thank you for the suggestion. However, tinkering with these settings cause flashing to fail midway. Maybe it doesn't fail every time, but I'm not in a hurry.

Isn't the firmware you can flash through SP Flash tool the same you can do it through the Realme Download tool, but with the main difference that in Realme Download tool the file doesn't need to be extracted from the original ofp format?
    My understanding:
    • SP Flash Tool: a backup software (can get data from phone and backs it up like UNIX's dd), shows partitions and could selectively restore it bit by bit.
    • Realme Download Tool: a one-way tool to flash firmware files to the device. Will flash the entire device.
    I suggested to flash using this method in the hope your device can be restored to its original functional state to can after that unlock bootloader and this way you could restore the userdata partition, while your device is with locked bootloader it will refuse to boot with that restored/unauthorized partition due to the integrity check.
    • Good news: the bootloader was successfully unlocked, installed a custom recovery, and got Realme UI 1.0 up and running (rooting unsuccessful). Then restore the userdata partition.
    • Bad news: The device throws all sorts of errors, even in Safe Mode. After some digging, apparently, Realme UI 2.0 introduces an encryption model change. Realme UI 1.0/Android 10 used FDE (you must enter a password before booting Android). Meanwhile, Realme UI 2.0/Android 11 uses FBE (the device boots up completely then asks you for a password. Phone calls, alarms, and even emergency mode work before the device is unlocked). Previously, this was a sign that the device was locked but not encrypted. However, this is the new encryption model in Android 11, and apparently, it's safe. It seems that Android made FBE available on Android 7 and required it on Android 10. Yet somehow, Realme just implemented it on Android 11.
    • Worse news: The encryption algorithm and working mode is also changed from AES-128-CBC-ESSIV to AES-256-XTS.
    • Worst news: Apparently, the encryption key is not stored in userdata partition; hence overwriting partitions like this are possibly dead-end. Restored the device from its full backup.
    • A glimmer of hope: I have been downloading and successfully installing OZIP updates in recovery. Just put the OZIP (must be official) in the SD card, and apparently, a monthly security patch is installed. Will wait for a monthly update to fix this issue (slim chance) or for Realme UI 3.0 to fix it (a good chance, but not quite assuring).
    If you for your own have the knowledge to do it or take it to the repair center where they replaced the battery, if it was the case.

When there is a bad connection, this kind of issues is expected to happen.
    It was my little diy :D
    I will try doing that after work and tell you how it goes.
    Thanks!
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo