• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Its "possible" but not practical. Depending on the hashing algorithm it has been specifically designed to not be "hackable" otherwise it would be pointless. 128bit encryption is not for the lighthearted. The NSA or KGB may be better people to ask ;)
Yeah right, it would require creating an algorithm to repeatedly crunch values to find the correct value and each character in the desired variable exponentially increases the possible combinations of values, which then would require a ridiculosly fast supercomputer in order to find the solution in a reasonable amount of time. In the case of a standard PC then it would take a relatively exponentially extended amount of time to complete the operation. Potentially years, maybe even very many of them, possibly a lot of "very many"s. Figure the amount of characters in the value, the total number of possible combinations, the amount of time it takes the system to process one potential value, the odds of finding the solution(1 in whatever chance) then figure the amount of time it would take the system to find that solution at those odds at the rate of operations that it can process per sec/min/hr etc...

All in all, a waste of time, along with this post, lol.

grrigore

Dec 4, 2017
Bucharest
Google Pixel 4a
Hello, I'm working on an Android application that is connected via Bluetooth to a Mini Thermal Printer.
Everything works fine, in most cases, but I'm having difficulties supporting the huge range of Android devices (Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, and so on). I guess the problem it's that my app and my services (a service that fetches if there are things to print and a service that actually prints) get killed by the system.

If you have any tips or experience with this kind of apps please let me know. Thank you!

Schazi

Feb 27, 2020
Good day everyone,
NOOB ALERT 😂
I need advice please. I installed LineageOS 14.1 on my Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 but I'm not very impressed with it as it lags and keep freezing. I tried just about everything from RAM swappers to Core boosters and a boatload more. Is there perhaps another ROM available preferably with android 7 or higher. Thank you.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
How to create a thread?
I have noticed it's possible to create a thread within nodes.. But my device doesn't have a listing..
If your device does not have its own specific forum here and you want to create a thread to discuss your device, you will have to create a thread in the General Discussion forum here at XDA.

If you have questions about your device and would like to create a thread to ask about it, you will have to create a thread in the General Q&A forum here at XDA.

Or, you can post questions in this thread that we are in now.

Or, if you are looking to post some kind of software development that you have created, you will have to create a thread for it in the Miscellaneous Android Development forum here at XDA.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Good day everyone,
NOOB ALERT 😂
I need advice please. I installed LineageOS 14.1 on my Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 but I'm not very impressed with it as it lags and keep freezing. I tried just about everything from RAM swappers to Core boosters and a boatload more. Is there perhaps another ROM available preferably with android 7 or higher. Thank you.
The only android 7 ROM that I'm finding for P5100 is the LineageOS 14.1 that you probably already have.

The only other ROMs I'm finding are older 6.0 and lesser ROMs.

MeepMan

Nov 20, 2021
no
If your device does not have its own specific forum here and you want to create a thread to discuss your device, you will have to create a thread in the General Discussion forum here at XDA.

If you have questions about your device and would like to create a thread to ask about it, you will have to create a thread in the General Q&A forum here at XDA.

Or, you can post questions in this thread that we are in now.

Or, if you are looking to post some kind of software development that you have created, you will have to create a thread for it in the Miscellaneous Android Development forum here at XDA.

I'll just post this here for now; might move it to a general thread later but might as well make use of the [help] header.
EDIT - this post is really long lol

I PRESENT TO YOU: MY PAINFUL UMIDIGI POWER EXTRAVAGANZA!

So I'm having some issues with a UMIDIGI Power (2019) phone, and I believe that it has a virus. The problems began probably a couple of months ago when I noticed that the GPS was turning itself on for no apparent reason. Under "recent location requests" was Google Play Services, so I assumed that was the culprit.

However, a few weeks ago I decided to investigate further as I don't like to keep my locaiton on. I was disabling Google stuff and eventually just started disabling a bunch of system stuff I think. I got a reaaaally sus message about my information being sent to Baidu during this process (See bottom for screenshot). The message would keep prompting me to "DISAGREE" or "AGREE" so of course I chose disagree. It did this every couple of seconds so I couldn't keep using the phone. The wallpaper also reset to the default one with the phone's branding on it.

After a factory reset, which erased the Baidu info collection prompts and let me set my own wallpaper again, I looked into installing a custom ROM (and likely a kernel as well) to get rid of this apparent spyware. I thought this would be a straightforward process, boy was I wrong. There is an XDA thread about a method to do this (see bottom for link) and I spent hours preparing drivers, backing up, etc just to prepare for a seemingly tedious process. However, when attempting to boot my phone into bootloader or fastboot mode, the device becomes unauthorized (for adb) or undetectable (fastboot). I tried reflashing the stock ROM with SP Flash Tool but that also didn't work.

So the last thing I have tried to do to get rid of this spyware, to actually be able to text people again, was to use tools to disable system apps at a lower level. I used mtk-su to get root access but I don't want to edit /system files, because verified boot will likely brick the phone. I have used Shizuku to enable App Ops, a secret menu that lets you manage lots of system perms without root (link @ bottom). I have painstakingly gone through every permission for every app and found some suspicious results:
1) The app that is claiming to enable location tracking is "Mtk Nlp", buuut when disabling all perms in App Ops there is no option to modify system settings. Another (hidden) process must be using this app as a disguise.
2) There is an app called "Omacp" which when Googled shows a lot of virus results. I think it's genuine but I am not sure if it's hiding anything (since it uses com.mediatek it seems a bit more trustworthy)
3) I cannot find any app that has utilized a permission to "modify system settings" at the same time that location is toggled autonomously. It may be baked into the operating system in such a way that it is impossible to disable without overwriting a dm-verity protected partition.
I also noticed that after putting all system apps in a firewall, the error of "connected but no internet" appears for WiFi, and location never enables even on 4G. My guess is that whatever script turns on location does so to send a report to a server in China, and it does not do so if there is no internet detected. However location will turn on once after turning off airplane mode (someone wants to know where I am after disembarking from a plane..)

To summarize, the following issues are present with my device:
-It is unresponsive to adb, fastboot, or SP Flash Tool unless the phone is in the OS, at which point only adb works (duh)
-Something is sending my data to a server (probably Baidu), and also enabling location services. I'm not able to replicate the strange messages and crashing wallpaper but the location toggling persists even after disabling permissions manually with App Ops (it's on a lower level). The program/malware/spyware appears to execute when airplane mode is turned off, as well as when the android system reports an internet connection.

What I need help with:
-finding a way to either
1) disable the spyware in the stock OS without adb (except when booted) or fastboot commands
2) flash a new OS (+kernel for extra social credit) to get rid of the spyware, again without adb or fastboot commands (I have mtk-su root and terminal emulator)
3) restore adb, fastboot, and SPFT functionality so that I can follow the normal UMIDIGI Power TWRP Guide

Link to TWRP Guide:
(Yes, that is my conversation at the end about SPFT not working. As you can see, a solution was never found..)

Link to App Ops:
(Luckily, since adb works when device is booted, I could initialize Shizuku. App Ops uses Shizuku to access the API and the page for Shizuku should be on the same website; the same dev made both apps.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-204832.png
    Screenshot_20211029-204832.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
@MeepMan I did not read much of your loooooong post. However,
1. You wish to control your privacy, there are OS's specifically made for that need
2. If you wish to put a better handle on google while still running its services. Then microG is something to look into
3. One way of controlling available permissions, if you are rooted, is through shell commands. The app TeMeFI I built has some reporting and control of many of these permissions., and provides a GUI and the shell commands it runs to disable permissions.

You can find it all under:
Application Info / Manage>Permissions>App Ops
&
Application Info / Manage>Permissions>PM Grant / Revoke

MeepMan

Nov 20, 2021
no
@MeepMan I did not read much of your loooooong post. However,
1. You wish to control your privacy, there are OS's specifically made for that need
2. If you wish to put a better handle on google while still running its services. Then microG is something to look into
3. One way of controlling available permissions, if you are rooted, is through shell commands. The app TeMeFI I built has some reporting and control of many of these permissions., and provides a GUI and the shell commands it runs to disable permissions.

You can find it all under:
Application Info / Manage>Permissions>App Ops
&
Application Info / Manage>Permissions>PM Grant / Revoke
As stated previously, I can't fastboot flash anything right now. Thus, I only have temp root with mtk-su. Is there a way to tamper with vbmeta from terminal emulator or adb to disable verified boot??

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
As stated previously, I can't fastboot flash anything right now. Thus, I only have temp root with mtk-su. Is there a way to tamper with vbmeta from terminal emulator or adb to disable verified boot??
I didn't read (also) all your post, but from what I understood you want to "change" the firmware that it is in your device.

What error do you have through SP flash tool and what you want to do through it?

MeepMan

Nov 20, 2021
no
I didn't read (also) all your post, but from what I understood you want to "change" the firmware that it is in your device.

What error do you have through SP flash tool and what you want to do through it?
1) adb, fastboot, and SPFT all dont't work. adb does function when the device is booted to OS though.
adb gives the "unauthorized" state after rebooting to recovery
fastboot does not detect the device at all
SPFT detects the device but does not transfer any data. The only exception is one time that I got it to 3% while backing up my nvram (obviously useless)

2) I was trying to reflash stock firmware to see if it would fix adb and fastboot.. oof.
I have installed the mediatek vcom drivers and from what I've heard, the windows adb drivers should work fine. Since all 3 don't work I assume something is wrong with my firmware or hardware and not drivers, but maybe you know a super secret magic driver.

taiBsu

Nov 3, 2011
Dresden
www.taibsu.de
Hi, I bought a Mediatek M10 Phablet (MT6580). After I found out how much spyware it has preinstalled I directly tried flashing an XDA-provided custom TWRP via fastboot (which said it was successful). Now I am stuck in a bootloop (saying "Orange state") without any chance to get into either recovery or bootloader. I simply have no possibility to access anything. Is there any way to unbrick this tablet, maybe through some special adb command or external SD card boot or find out where the internal SD is and run dd on it or anything? Thanks a lot in advance.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
1) adb, fastboot, and SPFT all dont't work. adb does function when the device is booted to OS though.
adb gives the "unauthorized" state after rebooting to recovery
fastboot does not detect the device at all
SPFT detects the device but does not transfer any data. The only exception is one time that I got it to 3% while backing up my nvram (obviously useless)

2) I was trying to reflash stock firmware to see if it would fix adb and fastboot.. oof.
I have installed the mediatek vcom drivers and from what I've heard, the windows adb drivers should work fine. Since all 3 don't work I assume something is wrong with my firmware or hardware and not drivers, but maybe you know a super secret magic driver.
ADB access most likely never worked in stock recovery, anyway, is useless in this case. If you have a custom recovery, usually is enabled.

To connect with SP Flash tool, you have to completely power off the device and typically pressing the two volume buttons to the PC at the same time the connection is done, but you need to bypass the SLA/DAA restriction, this is the tool from the original developer https://github.com/MTK-bypass/bypass_utility/releases and this is a good thread graphically explained to walk through the process https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...india-6s-using-spflash-tool-for-free.4222027/

For all this process, you don't need ADB nor fastboot.

MeepMan

Nov 20, 2021
no
Hi, I bought a Mediatek M10 Phablet (MT6580). After I found out how much spyware it has preinstalled I directly tried flashing an XDA-provided custom TWRP via fastboot (which said it was successful). Now I am stuck in a bootloop (saying "Orange state") without any chance to get into either recovery or bootloader. I simply have no possibility to access anything. Is there any way to unbrick this tablet, maybe through some special adb command or external SD card boot or find out where the internal SD is and run dd on it or anything? Thanks a lot in advance.
You have to unlock the bootloader before flashing recovery.. otherwise verified boot will smite you like that. Verified boot makes sure your device wasn't tampered with so no one can, say, flash a new operating system to skip your password.

To recover, try SP Flash Tool. Every Mediatek chip (except mine for some reason >:/) will connect to the program and you can flash a manufacturer ROM. Unfortunately you will lose all your datan because the data will be overwritten. The manufacturer's ROM (stock ROM) will be accepted by the same process that is currently rejecting your recovery and putting the device into a bootloop.

Before using SPFT make sure you download the Mediatek drivers. They communicate with the device to ensure a working connection with SPFT. Links:

SPFT:

Drivers:

You will have to find the stock ROM for your specific device and download it. There is probably an official website or forum where the manufacturer has posted the ROM.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
The answer given under may suit for you too, with main differences that MT6580 processors don't have any OEM restriction to work directly with SP Flash tool (above Nougat) you need to find a suitable firmware for your device and flashing it using the tool mentioned.

Regards the TWRP that you flashed on your device, if it is suitable for it then you should need to flash a vbmeta.img empty/null/blank/patched for your device, assuming that the firmware is above of 6.0 this has to work.

If you don't have a stock recovery for your device, then you could use this tool to write a vbmeta image (provided with the tool) https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

Orange state just mean a cosmetic warning, not an issue itself.

MeepMan

Nov 20, 2021
no
ADB access most likely never worked in stock recovery, anyway, is useless in this case. If you have a custom recovery, usually is enabled.

To connect with SP Flash tool, you have to completely power off the device and typically pressing the two volume buttons to the PC at the same time the connection is done, but you need to bypass the SLA/DAA restriction, this is the tool from the original developer https://github.com/MTK-bypass/bypass_utility/releases and this is a good thread graphically explained to walk through the process https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...india-6s-using-spflash-tool-for-free.4222027/

For all this process, you don't need ADB nor fastboot.
I don't think there is a restriction to SP Flash Tool on this device; other owners have used it without such tools. The tools you provided are not for the correct model either. I have a UMIDIGI Power 2019

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I don't think there is a restriction to SP Flash Tool on this device; other owners have used it without such tools. The tools you provided are not for the correct model either. I have a UMIDIGI Power 2019
Most of newer MediaTek devices come with this restriction and the tool is based not in the specific model but in the processor, the mt6765 is a candidate for the tool to work.

A brief explanation, the preloader mode that worked for old MediaTek devices don't work anymore for newer, the preloader mode is actually useless, newer MediaTek devices have a kind of two bootloaders, only bypassing the first of them (formerly preloader) you can enter to the second (BROM) that acts like the real bootloader, to perform a flashing operation, the tool does a handshake so preloader is "distracted" to reach the second stage.

To use SP Flash tool you need to put your device in download mode, while older MediaTek devices just worked connecting to the PC with device off, actually you need to press some specific button in order to do it, using previously the bypass tool.

In case your OEM provides a "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" file that doesn't need it hen you're lucky, and you can try to the old fashion, your OEM is outdated, it would be just a matter of having the right drivers installed and be sure that your device is really off.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Just to be clear. "XDA" does NOT provide any TWRP images. Any files like that you download from links are built and published/provided by other random users independent of XDA. The TWRP was built and distributed by another user like yourself, not an XDA authorised and vetted person. I know this, as I have provided TWRP and a number of ROMs for a couple of different devices, here at XDA, and no one fron XDA checked or vetted my files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to ASK a question but cant even see the ASK option anywhere!? Some forums drive me Nuts.
    You can ask exactly where you did write.
    Just to be clear, does this mean it's a bloatware of some sort? A virus?
    or a "bug" or "misbehavior of an incorrectly configured device". Responses and your own logic are telling you its not what would be expected. ie not normal.
    I have one more nooby question.

I would like to remove encryption on a Pixel XL using Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler:

- As I understand, step one format the device via TWRP to remove all encryption.

- Step 2 is to reboot back in recovery

- Step 3 is to flash the ROM. And this is where I have a question. Are there any TWRP flashable ROM for Pixel XL?

- If there isn't, then what are my options? When I flash the factory ROM using flash-all.bat it restarts the device thereby encrypting it and if I am not mistaken, TWRP also get removed?

- So I need a way to install the stock ROM and Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler without the first booting into the system (and thereby enabling encryption).
    There are some ROMs here https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/google-pixel-xl.5916/ that could bring you natively or at least you can disable the verity over them.

On a stock ROM you can't do it, so flashing back a stock ROM all returns to the original state.
    I had actually meant Lineage OS. I apologize for remembering wrong.

I appreciate the responses! You were very helpful. I wanted to find a way to identify the platform for future phone repairs other than a google search. For anyone who wants to find out the platform of their phone in the forum search (I'd like to contribute a bit if I can, I don't know who knows what) :

I actually found the answer to my question via app search. I looked for an app that functions like Speccy on the PC for android devices. Turns out there is one called CPU-Z that provides full specs of your device, including the Kernal architecture, for anyone else with similar questions. Which is apparently armv71. Strangely enough because DROID ULTRA is advertised as x86 Platform in a release article I found.
    To find technical details of your phones, a good spec list is normally available at www.gsmarena.com for many devices. It provides the model number, by region, which is very useful.

Also, if you are rooted or are flashing a custom ROM, there are many details regarding the platform of the ROM and hence pretty much your device, in your /system/build.prop file, which is also commonly found in the install ZIP file for your ROM.
    Okay I finally did manage to boot into os. Although i wiped cache and system settings through recovery mode, it was stuck in boot loop as in this previous post of mine. What helped to get out of it was third option in recovery - "wipe user data(pics, music, etc...)"

Can anyone explain why that helped, what was written in user data that could have made it not boot? As i wrote - i patched with magisk and moved wrong boot.img, of the other os, on my phone, then i flashed totally new stock rom and was stuck in oxygen os not managing to boot itself - spinning circles animation.

I will make a troubleshooting post for other new users like me in the nord ce subforum. Now I can finally try to root a little guy and I have enough confidence to do it. Thank you guys for your help!
    Simple, when you flash an incorrect file/image, the files contained in this image are unpacked/split into the Android directory (it is not a solid nucleus), this wrong image/files manage how Android has to act, a wrong image/file will always give bad directions/instructions, and device won't work as desired; in the second act; when you are trying to return device to its natural/pristine status anyway some trash/traces get there, and it's not enough with just re-flashing the original image, but you need to clean all that remained there, this is what wipe data or in some cases format data does.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo