Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

manirvecs

Jan 15, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
hello,
is it possible to run something like checkdisk (disk error fixer) on old android 4.4.2?
I do not understand anything about linux / android.

I tried, but was unable to unmount the /data.. I see that possibly I should mess with bootloader, install TWRP or even flash whole phone?

Is not this like simple everyday problem that does not require any flashing?

The thing is I am unable to write anything to that phone although it has 200 Mb free. I deleted some database files from data directory and since then it started not allowing to write anything, even to take a picture from camera.

I went to rooter app and cleared the cache. It helped initially, I thought problem solved. But after few hours again unable to write anything.

when I run
````
lsof | grep /data
````
There is lot of files currently open. But how then the rooter app is succesfull in clearng the cache if it is in use? Can't I simply run the scandisk (
````
e2fsck -n /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
````
) somehow? because now it says unable to do anything as file system is in use

Even from the root shell ( su )...
1642261231897.png

manirvecs

Jan 15, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Hi, I want to root Galaxy Note 8 with not working touch from top around 40%.
I flashed TWRP 3.2.3-0, now I need to format data but I can't touch button.
I tried Advanced>Terminal then "twrp format data", but it didn't worked.(https://twrp.me/faq/openrecoveryscript.html)
Is there way to format data in twrp terminal or some other way?
Sorry for my english.
Hi,
I am noob in android, but is not it possible to run twrp command like you would do regular app from adb? - Just a DIFFERENT subset of commands than in regular adb session (This also has been clarified by @DiamondJohn . Thank you!)

Just like in a regular session you would run some shell command

- Turns out this exact uninstall line will NOT work in twrp (Thank you @DiamondJohn for clarifying this)
):
Code:
adb.exe shell pm uninstall -k com.whatsapp

so similarly - turns out there is no need to set root. Thanks @SubwayChamp for clarifying!

adb root

Code:
adb shell twrp format data
?
something in that direction?.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I want to root Galaxy Note 8 with not working touch from top around 40%.
I flashed TWRP 3.2.3-0, now I need to format data but I can't touch button.
I tried Advanced>Terminal then "twrp format data", but it didn't worked.(https://twrp.me/faq/openrecoveryscript.html)
Is there way to format data in twrp terminal or some other way?
Sorry for my english.
TWRP has enabled ADB by default, if you are connecting your device to a PC you should need to open a CMD in Windows (or other OS), as the other member said, in order to use twrp commands, you need to execute first adb shell (no need root permissions), to can transfer your file to the root of your device you just need adb, just do adb push drag&drop your root solution to the CMD windows /sdcard then you can install it with twrp install /sdcard/nameofthefile.extension

In order to root it, you don't need to format data, if you still want to format data and or wipe some available partition, just be sure to operate within the shell script. If you format data, and again you need to use TWRP you should restart to it, because files remain unavailable.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi,
I am noob in android, but is not it possible to run twrp command like you would do regular app from adb?
Code:
adb.exe shell pm uninstall -k com.whatsapp

so
Code:
adb root
adb shell twrp format data
?
something in that direction?
Shell commands in TWRP are different to what can be run in the Android OS. TWRP is not running the full OS and so install and uninstall are some of the commands that will not run. The install/uninstall steps are within the OS. There are other commands that can only be run in recovery.

Reactions: manirvecs

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
View attachment 5510149
Can i sideload ota rom by stock recovery without computer?
My MI A2 (android one) is not rooted, locked bootloader, running Android 8.1 oreo. If i download official MI A2 global pie ota recovery rom and place it on root internal storage, boot into stock recovery, click "apply update from sd cad option" will my device update?
Yes, if the firmware suits for this specific build number, anyway, if you can power on the device the update also can be done through the /Settings/Update/Apply updates section, the device will use some recovery scripts to do so.

Papik16

Dec 23, 2012
Hello!

I got really important question for me.

My friend take a suicide... and his family want to unlock his phone, He had Huawei P Smart (FIG-LX1) and 6 digit Pin-code Lock Screen, i was unlocking samsung etc without losing data, but i dont see any box or any solution to unlock this phone without losing data, is it possible in this model tu remove lock-screen without losing data? or access to messeges without pincode? Sorry for my english

geonatom

Jan 10, 2022
You don't have USB debugging enabled so some of this won't work for you but one of them might.

In your situation, I would try the "Find My Device" option, provided that you know the correct information for the method to work.
can't because find my device was disabled in their modified security policy

Samantha003

Jan 18, 2022
I have an old Samsung Tab 2 10in gt-p5113

My end goal is to use this tablet for the basiscs, it is fast enough for its time, but everything gives me errors, websites, apps (like netlflix, youtube etc) will not load or will give errors. Cannot install new apps. It's just a pain in the A

Chrome OS, Ubunut, Lineage OS are the things that I have come across so far that can possibly get me where I want to be.

Chrome OS may not be possible, Ubunut will likely be more complicated to use, so that leaves Lineage OS

So as far as I understand it, I will need to root my device to gain access required to install this OS

(Magisk will not be needed if I root?)

Once that's done, I will need to use gapps to install google applications.

Is this correct?

Edit, looking for more info in thr forums

Hmn oreo possible, but no wifi interesting

Last edited:

physics1024

Jan 18, 2022
need some help about a tablet using customized system(based on Android8.1,opm1.171019.026 )
I have a tablet that uses customized system.There are some limits like unabling to use network,unabling to boot in fastboot,unabling to install other apks except it's own market and so on(in fect it's a student tablet) .I used EDL mode to get system.img and found some code in services.jar.Then I decompiled the classes.dex in services.jar by dex2jar and got the source code by jd-gui.After I deleted a file folder and edit I tried to use javac to recompile but fail.What's worse,I found there's same code in framework.jar and other files like services.vdex,services.odex and services.art.I don't konw how to deal with it now since I'm new to Android development.Can anyone provides some solutions about my tablet?Many thanks!
hardwares under:
processer:SDA450
emmc:32G
RAM:3G
OEM:iflytek
services.jar and framework.jar sticked.You can find codes about limit under /com/android/server/iflytek

Attachments

• framework.jar
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
  • services.jar
    3.8 MB · Views: 2

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have an old Samsung Tab 2 10in gt-p5113

My end goal is to use this tablet for the basiscs, it is fast enough for its time, but everything gives me errors, websites, apps (like netlflix, youtube etc) will not load or will give errors. Cannot install new apps. It's just a pain in the A

Chrome OS, Ubunut, Lineage OS are the things that I have come across so far that can possibly get me where I want to be.

Chrome OS may not be possible, Ubunut will likely be more complicated to use, so that leaves Lineage OS
I don't know if you can find exactly a LineageOS ROM for your device, finding some would be good though. You can search in this forum if there’s something available https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/galaxy-tab-2-10-1-android-development.1602/ read carefully that the ROM matches for your specific model.
So as far as I understand it, I will need to root my device to gain access required to install this OS

(Magisk will not be needed if I root?)
You don't need root to can flash a custom ROM, but a custom recovery, if you find a custom ROM for it most likely you will find a custom recovery too, once you get it take a backup of your EFS (where IMEI is placed).
Once that's done, I will need to use gapps to install google applications.

Is this correct?
Some custom ROMs include Gapps, other not, in this case you should flash it.
Edit, looking for more info in thr forums

Hmn oreo possible, but no wifi interesting

Rootbbit

Jan 2, 2022
Hey, thank you!
Yes, I really have some very important questions for someone who knows their stuff!
So: I have an almost unknown smartphone, a Beafon X5. With Android 7.0.
A great device, just for one.. "Modder" like me, a bit problematic, because absolutely no custom software can be found for it...
But now I've managed to trying Rootaccess For the device.. With your Awesome app, Mtk Easy root and magisk.
My questions :
# can I somehow change the /system/ directory to rwx 7777 for me? Because now it doesn't work, just because of the systemless root. (at least I think) The chown/chmod commands Not working.
It will be" read-only file system" every time printed. I just want to replace the boot animation.
# Question 2:
Why can I only use after every reboot, mtk-Easy-root again from new, to activate magisk?? Why didnt work magisk, Although the SU is insatlled? Only if the mtk script has been run before, I can use the superuser in the magisk Manager Serve.
Have you an idea for this Problem?
Thank you, and best wishes from germany!
by Felix

Strike3k

Aug 3, 2016
When I took a portrait picture with Samsung Live Focus, is there any way to adjust the bookeh without using my Samsung device? It doesn't matter if the app is for Android / iOS / Windows or Linux.

DenisKamylin

Jan 18, 2022
Hi, im new and I need Help!:cry:
Im already sorry for my bad english.
So my Problem is, I have the Acer a510 everything Stock and I try to flash a custom rom on it.
For that I need to unlock Bootloader and so on.
If I type in adb devices it shows me my device. When I go in fastboot and type fastboot devices it wont show anything.
I put some screenshots in for you to see my device manager. I think drivers are missing.
But all drivers i need i installed 20 thousand times. And its still not working.
I am hoping someone can help me.
Screenshot 2022-01-18 220526.png
Screenshot 2022-01-18 220554.png

Best wishes
Denis

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hey, thank you!
Yes, I really have some very important questions for someone who knows their stuff!
So: I have an almost unknown smartphone, a Beafon X5. With Android 7.0.
A great device, just for one.. "Modder" like me, a bit problematic, because absolutely no custom software can be found for it...
But now I've managed to trying Rootaccess For the device.. With your Awesome app, Mtk Easy root and magisk.
My questions :
# can I somehow change the /system/ directory to rwx 7777 for me? Because now it doesn't work, just because of the systemless root. (at least I think) The chown/chmod commands Not working.
It will be" read-only file system" every time printed. I just want to replace the boot animation.
# Question 2:
Why can I only use after every reboot, mtk-Easy-root again from new, to activate magisk?? Why didnt work magisk, Although the SU is insatlled? Only if the mtk script has been run before, I can use the superuser in the magisk Manager Serve.
Have you an idea for this Problem?
Thank you, and best wishes from germany!
by Felix
This app is based on Temp-root by diplomatic and could ease the usage, I can't tell you if it improves on something to the original development because I didn't try it myself; https://github.com/JunioJsv/mtk-easy-su.
What you are mentioning are limitations, which answers you should find in its own thread. It is a solution, most likely, for devices that lacks of original firmware and/or can't be unlocked, and it can't be perfect.

Personally I could look on this; https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient, if it works for your specific device (assuming that it is a MediaTek device), it could be the best solution.

Reactions: aIecxs

physics1024

Jan 18, 2022
Hi, im new and I need Help!:cry:
Im already sorry for my bad english.
So my Problem is, I have the Acer a510 everything Stock and I try to flash a custom rom on it.
For that I need to unlock Bootloader and so on.
If I type in adb devices it shows me my device. When I go in fastboot and type fastboot devices it wont show anything.
I put some screenshots in for you to see my device manager. I think drivers are missing.
But all drivers i need i installed 20 thousand times. And its still not working.
I am hoping someone can help me.
View attachment 5511875View attachment 5511877
Best wishes
Denis
try this https://adbshell.com/downloads

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Greetings to all.I want to take videos,but i want recorted sound to be through my bluetooth's earpiece microphone and not from phone's microphone.I want loud and clear sound.Is this possible?Btw,i am rooted..

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
It seems doesn't have instructions to wipe data, just to overwrite essential partitions.

Hello mate, I successfully flashed a Stock ROM via Stock Recovery but I am still stuck on the same "Can’t load Android System.Your data may be corrupt.If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device " screen.

354tf5645.jpg e287328dwu.jpg

Original thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rrupt-error-without-losing-your-data.4383255/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone! Is there any GUI application on windows that can somewhat automate the process of installing custom ROM with G Apps? You know noobs like myself can sometimes make mistakes and ruin a phone instead of giving it a new life. I don't want to seem demanding but something like that would solve a lot of problems coming from people who are not into tech.

Thank you.
    The closest thing to automating the process the way you want is to create a script that automates all the steps involved in flashing the ROM and Gapps then running that script in a command terminal in Windows. If you don't know how to create or use such a script, you're better off learning to do it the way the rest of us do.

Its not that hard.

1) unlock bootloader(if it is locked)

2) install TWRP

3) flash ROM and Gapps via TWRP

4) factory reset in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache

5) reboot into system

6) done
    Hi recently started building custom Roms I tried EvolutionX for RMX1851 and I found this error =

Warning: An API level of 1000 is not supported by this compiler. Please use an API level of 32 or earlier
    13:52:22 ninja failed with: exit status 1

How can I fix this error please explain it more depth cause i have no idea what to do thanks for your help
    You should get better spport on one of the ROM dev threads. Such as:

On face value, I have never heard of any API 1000 (i think android is still in the 30's), so there appears to be something borked with your config or compile options.

Also, as a general rule when posting loooong logs, you would be better off posting to a text hosting website such as https://freetexthost.net/n instead of expecting someone wishing to help, to scan through a screenshot.
    Thanks for creating this thread!

I just managed to flash my S10 with a stock rom using the advice on this forum (thanks all!). The thing is, I thought that flashing the CSC file (and not the HOME_CSC file) would effectively wipe my phone.

I didn't get any errors and Odin gives me a Pass at the end, but when I reboot my phone, all my apps are still there. I've tried this several times, even trying the HOME_CSC once in case the files somehow were mislabeled.

Is it possible that things didn't get wiped because the rom version I was flashing was the same version that is already on the phone?
    Yes, probably because you are flashing the same firmware as what you already had or maybe something to do with Factory Reset Protection or Mobile Device Manager preventing the wipe in order to prevent FRP lock when you reboot the device. If you want the device wiped after flashing, first, remove the Google account from the device then boot into recovery and factory reset the device from within recovery then reboot.
    So such roms with Gapps pre-packed are still okay to use, isn't it?
    Yes, you were already told it is ok.
    Is it so? I thought google apps are closed source and you needed to acquire a license from Google to use these apps in a rom.
    The ROMs / flashable zips add the apps as pre-built binaries. They are not compiled from the closed source.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo