Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Try first uninstalling it, wiping all caches and dalvik, through recovery, then erase all the TB related files/folders from your internal and external directory.
Just to be sure and confirm i go to twrp-wipe - select cache and dalvik and wipe correct?
I did that and then re downloaded titanium back up and it did not work ?

i am running android 11 official havoc os, microg and magisk v23

one more thing couple of days ago i downloaded the official twrp app through the store and it acted very weird would crash and whatnot and now i download titanium and it doesnt even want to open.

I know for a fact it has worked on my phone when i installed it a couple of months ago

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Just to be sure and confirm i go to twrp-wipe - select cache and dalvik and wipe correct?
I did that and then re downloaded titanium back up and it did not work ?

i am running android 11 official havoc os, microg and magisk v23

one more thing couple of days ago i downloaded the official twrp app through the store and it acted very weird would crash and whatnot and now i download titanium and it doesnt even want to open.

I know for a fact it has worked on my phone when i installed it a couple of months ago
Also, erase all the files and folders related to TB, install the TB add-on, it's the manager to get the app running well, don't forget to allow permissions when prompted.

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
Is there an easy way to change Xiaomi's default file manager? I want to use a different one as to use the default I have to have MIUI optimizations enabled which is disabled for a multitude of reasons but breaks the app when I am trying to attach files/photos in certain apps.

Clearlee

Sep 9, 2017
Hell
Trying to find the appropriate place to post this question.
Why are there no tweakable modem/tuner-recivier/ LTE-4G-5G-GSM-CDMA posts or questions?
Seems to me tuneable connectivity would be a top priority to me? What good is a custom device if you can't dial it in to your providers network and transmission bands especially if you are traveling the world or just need to improve your reception and transmission in a weak area and so on ?
There is little or no discussion here on this seemingly important topic...JS

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Is there an easy way to change Xiaomi's default file manager? I want to use a different one as to use the default I have to have MIUI optimizations enabled which is disabled for a multitude of reasons but breaks the app when I am trying to attach files/photos in certain apps.
First time you will be prompted t select a file manager, anyway, you also can choose to open with Google File Manager.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
thats the problem i cant select any of the other file managers i have installed, there no more prompt.
It may be that your source is explicitly calling for the XIaomi FM. I have the issue with the gallery app from my Pixel Phone. It only will open in the Google photo app.

However, one thing you could try is to remove the defaults. Not sure where it is, but I know its there ;) and if you getg desperate, maybe clear the data for the current source and dest apps

Or are you saying by removing the Xiomi default to Xiomi FM, that causes a crash?

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
It may be that your source is explicitly calling for the XIaomi FM. I have the issue with the gallery app from my Pixel Phone. It only will open in the Google photo app.

However, one thing you could try is to remove the defaults. Not sure where it is, but I know its there ;) and if you getg desperate, maybe clear the data for the current source and dest apps

Or are you saying by removing the Xiomi default to Xiomi FM, that causes a crash?
There is a defaults section for apps, but there isnt one for File Manager. You can change launcher and other stuff but not FM. I do not know what will happen if I clear the data from the FMs.
maybe dumb idea but can you freeze/disable the default FM and then see if you get prompt to open different FM?
or am i just waaaay offf?
The Force stop is disabled for the Xiaomi file manager.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
...snip...
The Force stop is disabled for the Xiaomi file manager.
"Froce Stop" is different to disable / freeze. And there is also a "Hide". You access them through ADB. And if you have root, then you can also use a GUI through apps such as mine. TeMeFI I tend to Freeze & hide my apps. I found when I checked on earlier version of Android, frozen apps were still found in memory; I havent checked in newer android since I started to "Hide".

Reactions: mrrocketdog

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
"Froce Stop" is different to disable / freeze. And there is also a "Hide". You access them through ADB. And if you have root, then you can also use a GUI through apps such as mine. TeMeFI I tend to Freeze & hide my apps. I found when I checked on earlier version of Android, frozen apps were still found in memory; I havent checked in newer android since I started to "Hide".
Well i dont know what and how to do those things, and i do not have root. I do remember something with adb cuz i used that to disable (i think) the power manager thing of my old huawei phone.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
thats the problem i cant select any of the other file managers i have installed, there no more prompt.
From which file explorer, you are accessing to that file you want to open? Instead, can't you open it directly from the file explorer app, you want? For example, if you want to open an image, open Google File Manager, tap on the image and then the default photo/gallery manager will open that image, the same with any kind of files.

Also, you can disable File Manager from Miui using ADB https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/ this will, really, "behead" the app such way that won't interact with you (the user) anymore. Be sure that you have at least the default Google app installed to not force a factory reset to return to a functional state https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=es&gl=US

Reactions: mrrocketdog

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
From which file explorer, you are accessing to that file you want to open? Instead, can't you open it directly from the file explorer app, you want? For example, if you want to open an image, open Google File Manager, tap on the image and then the default photo/gallery manager will open that image, the same with any kind of files.

Also, you can disable File Manager from Miui using ADB https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/ this will, really, "behead" the app such way that won't interact with you (the user) anymore. Be sure that you have at least the default Google app installed to not force a factory reset to return to a functional state https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=es&gl=US
Its not a case of being unable to access files, its more of a case of being unable to attach/send files over in apps, like attaching images and documents through gmail or sending a photo through the built in messaging of the e-commerce app i am using.

So the method to disable the file manager is one-way and cannot be undone without a factory reset? is there some way i can back the stuff i do have right now and be able to restore it?

Cruizer3000

May 26, 2013
Hello XDA,

I have a Samsung S10e - (SM-G970W) from Rogers Canada.
Just this past weekend as I was using it, it just froze. None of the buttons worked. I pressed on the Power Key until the phone restarted. However it just loads to the "SAMSUNG Galaxy S10e - Secured by Knox Powered by Andriod" screen and keeps bootlooping every 10 seconds back to the same screen.
I've tried to get into recovery mode (holding Volume UP, Bixby and then Power) but it takes me to a screen which says Watchdog Reset (CPU Hang) with no options for cache wipe or factory reset.
I've also downloaded Odin and the latest firmware version for this phone with Rogers and did a successful firmware flash using Download Mode (Volume Down + Bixby), however after the flash it just goes back into the same bootloop. I've tried flashing multiple times with both the Home_CSC and the other CSC file but both gave the same results.
I've tried letting the battery completely drain, but as soon as I plug it back in the Samsung screen appears and boot loops again.
Also sometimes the Samsung screen has a trail of pixels across, not sure if this is an indication of something on the Hardware side.

I've also read through the Bootloop Thread on Post #2 and wanted to try the one-click unbrick tool but the link seems to be dead.

What else can I do to try and recover this phone?

TIA

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Its not a case of being unable to access files, its more of a case of being unable to attach/send files over in apps, like attaching images and documents through gmail or sending a photo through the built in messaging of the e-commerce app i am using.

So the method to disable the file manager is one-way and cannot be undone without a factory reset? is there some way i can back the stuff i do have right now and be able to restore it?
What I think is that the default File Manager is the one from Google, then, Miui File Manager, gets all the privileges to operate over it, I didn't have the same behavior in my last Xiaomi devices, though. I always could attach/send any file through any file explorer of my preference, even to apply third party themes.

Miui File manager can be put to sleep in some way, limiting their actions through battery optimization.

You can re-install the app with
adb shell
pm install-existing NameOfPackage
Be sure you have the Google Files. You can try firstly with another system app, to see what happens.

Xorio71

Mar 28, 2022
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Before flashing a Custom ROM, I may be instructed to flash the latest firmware of my device (I have a Xiaomi phone). What exactly does this mean, and where can I find it?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Trying to find the appropriate place to post this question.
Why are there no tweakable modem/tuner-recivier/ LTE-4G-5G-GSM-CDMA posts or questions?
Seems to me tuneable connectivity would be a top priority to me? What good is a custom device if you can't dial it in to your providers network and transmission bands especially if you are traveling the world or just need to improve your reception and transmission in a weak area and so on ?
There is little or no discussion here on this seemingly important topic...JS
What you are asking about is "dialed in" by flashing a modem for your specific model number for your region/carrier(this configures the bands and network type to those used in/by the region/carrier the modem is made for) and/or by using a SIM provided by the mobile service provider.

Reactions: Clearlee

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Before flashing a Custom ROM, I may be instructed to flash the latest firmware of my device (I have a Xiaomi phone). What exactly does this mean, and where can I find it?
Flashing the latest firmware means either flashing the entire ROM or only the firmware package https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/, flashing the ROM is recommended for vendor OEM based, when coming to OOS vendors then you won't need to flash the stock ROM as such custom ROM includes a custom vendor, usually with more long term support than the stock.

Flashing the firmware, matching with your region, it's the right way to-go but, as most of the custom ROMs are based on Chinese ROM, then you should flash, most likely, the Chinese firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A stupid question...why every support to roms, etc is on TELEGRAM? There are indeed FOSS alternatives like xmpp, wjhy stixcko to something cklosed and non free?
    This just tells me everything I've already read a hundred times and I have more specific questions that I don't want to go and make an entire thread about as that wouldn't really help me much either that's why I came here asking if somebody could message me so I could talk with them about this entire thing as all that information is practically useless to me that's just like the rest of this stuff I've been reading it just keeps leaving me with more questions than actual answers I mean really if I was confident in my ability based off of the information I got from all of the form posts here I've read I wouldn't be sitting here asking for someone to message me so I could talk to them about all this shenanigans

Now I don't want to seem rude but this is just tiring no one else reply to me giving me form posts or "generic" written instructions I need someone knowledgeable to please message me so I can talk with you as that is the type of help I need that I can't get anywhere else certainly not from the form posts I've already read too many times
    I don't think someone is interested enough to sit in front of you, to give you all the answers to your questions, this site is keep alive for Android lovers, volunteer and enthusiast to help others for free, all here we have our lives, we are not here because we have nothing to do, but we reserve a time for others, but not to spoon-feed on you, most of us, started from zero, just reading and reading, and also bricking some device, from time to time, I never thought to ask anyone to give me a complete guide to make the whole process, XDA is not intended to do so, you have to search here, and read there, this way, you could complete and satisfy your curiosity. I understand, in some way, your frustration, but you'll never find what you are searching for, the learning curve is a process that never ends, no matter you can do it now, to your A20, later, the things can change (and totally) for the next device, so better, try to learn why you have to do this or that, and very important, the order how they have to be done.

Furthermore, I could, because some guides are more or less, generic, for devices that share some specs, but I had the A20, it didn't take me more than 10 minutes for the whole process though.
    Hi guys, I have a question. I have a LG M320TV with power button broken, I tried to install a Custom Rom but I can't even enter in fastboot mode via adb to unlock the bootloader. The phone just restart normally without entering fastboot mode. I have no idea what's is happening or if the power button it has to do with this problem.
    Try with:
    - adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot fastboot, either, as one of these commands, probably you didn't try it, let the device without pressing a button, but for the other command, press the other button except the PWR button, the same try rebooting through menu, pressing the other button except PWR button.
    - Program your device to power off/on, at a certain time, and keep pressing the other button except PWR button, when the time comes.
    - Go to recovery through command adb reboot recovery, and from there you may find an option to go to fastboot mode.
    - Open the back cover and just pin the PWR button.
    - Connect to a PWR supply charger, and at the exact same time, press the other button to enter either to recovery (if it helps, remember the menu options), or to fastboot.
    - If nothing helps, probably you may take it to a repair center, most likely you will need this button to fix the troubleshooting you'll find tweaking with your device.
    I was wondering if XDA had a forum for game emulation? Either PC or Android? Emulators Like PSCX2, Dolphin, Project 64, etc. I want to learn more about them.
    A simple Google search for:

"XDA game emulators"

Yields this as the #1 search result, sometimes, you just can't beat a simple Google search for the thing that you are looking for.

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo