Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thank you for the reply - I thought it would be a good idea to post here since it seems like a win10 problem stopping the cmd execution.
I will look at the tool.
You are free to post here, I only consider the Fire General forum like a most extensive and appropriate place where find an answer.

I think it is not an issue from Windows but how the command is formulated, probably you have to check the syntax here, and not copy it as it is in that forum, "\\?\", unless I missed something, instead you should type the right path, anyway consider that you couldn't DD to your device, without su permissions.

Varkos

Jan 5, 2018
Hello, I recently had to factory reset my phone, and idiotically forgot to look up the names of icon packs and etc. I'm looking for the icon pack in the image bellow. If this isn't the place for this question, I'd appreciate it if I could be directed to the correct thread.
Thanks in advanced.
20220627_091903.jpg

Fytdyh

Hello, I recently had to factory reset my phone, and idiotically forgot to look up the names of icon packs and etc. I'm looking for the icon pack in the image bellow. If this isn't the place for this question, I'd appreciate it if I could be directed to the correct thread.
Thanks in advanced.
View attachment 5646921
You are sure is an icon pack? I see that the phone icon isn't themed. For an very common icon, that's unusual. Maybe it's a theme.

While not the answer you are looking for, in the meantime I have a suggestion : try the lines icon pack. Similar design, except that rhomboid outer shape.

Last edited:

Varkos

Jan 5, 2018
You are sure is an icon pack? I see that the phone icon isn't themed. For an very common icon, that's unusual. Maybe it's a theme.

While not the answer you are looking for, in the meantime I have a suggestion : try the lines icon pack. Similar design, except that rhomboid outer shape.
The rhomboid shape is exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks for the suggestion, will try it in the meantime.
Edit: Notice how Messenger, vanced, maps, play store and camera icons are different from the others. That's why I think it was an icon pack.
Honestly it's been months since the phone used it that I've forgotten tbh so it very well could be a theme.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
The rhomboid shape is exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks for the suggestion, will try it in the meantime.
Edit: Notice how Messenger, vanced, maps, play store and camera icons are different from the others. That's why I think it was an icon pack.
Honestly it's been months since the phone used it that I've forgotten tbh so it very well could be a theme.
And which device do you have? To think it could be a theme, Samsung, Xiaomi?

artbreguez

Jun 20, 2022
Brazil
I'm working with redroid11, I've implemented HalV3 and I can get video through an 3-part-apk, but I need to use the webcam to authenticate Qrcodes (eg. whatsapp), I'd like to know how to change the back camera to v4l2 camera,on previous versions of android it would be done simply by changing the nvcamera.conf file, but now a lot has changed. Help me please.

LukeStormwalker

Jun 30, 2022
Hi guys, I have a question. I have a LG M320TV with power button broken, I tried to install a Custom Rom but I can't even enter in fastboot mode via adb to unlock the bootloader. The phone just restart normally without entering fastboot mode. I have no idea what's is happening or if the power button it has to do with this problem.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys, I have a question. I have a LG M320TV with power button broken, I tried to install a Custom Rom but I can't even enter in fastboot mode via adb to unlock the bootloader. The phone just restart normally without entering fastboot mode. I have no idea what's is happening or if the power button it has to do with this problem.
Try with:
- adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot fastboot, either, as one of these commands, probably you didn't try it, let the device without pressing a button, but for the other command, press the other button except the PWR button, the same try rebooting through menu, pressing the other button except PWR button.
- Program your device to power off/on, at a certain time, and keep pressing the other button except PWR button, when the time comes.
- Go to recovery through command adb reboot recovery, and from there you may find an option to go to fastboot mode.
- Open the back cover and just pin the PWR button.
- Connect to a PWR supply charger, and at the exact same time, press the other button to enter either to recovery (if it helps, remember the menu options), or to fastboot.
- If nothing helps, probably you may take it to a repair center, most likely you will need this button to fix the troubleshooting you'll find tweaking with your device.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
It seems that the theme market is not allowed for your region, be European, Chinese or Global, I actually flashed a custom Miui based ROM (eu.ROM), as they based its build on the Chinese ROM, I can't enter to the Global market. If the issue comes from there, then setting a VPN or changing your region may fix it, but the first thing to try is, clearing cache even data, restarting the device, and checking if the system apps have some update.

Varkos

Jan 5, 2018
It seems that the theme market is not allowed for your region, be European, Chinese or Global, I actually flashed a custom Miui based ROM (eu.ROM), as they based its build on the Chinese ROM, I can't enter to the Global market. If the issue comes from there, then setting a VPN or changing your region may fix it, but the first thing to try is, clearing cache even data, restarting the device, and checking if the system apps have some update.
Honestly, I just though of the changing the region. Will do soon to see what happens and respond afterwards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any way to restore Messages after wiping with TWRP?

Pixel 3 rooted with Magisk. Was playing around and messed it up royally. Would only boot to a blank white screen that stayed on for a second.
    So, I used TWRP to Wipe/Factory Reset. Now setting up phone again. Photos did not get wiped, so that's good.
    I have backups of EVERYTHING from a couple of months ago (including Messages), but is there any way to get all of them back from the phone storage? Not a huge loss if I cannot, but I would prefer it.
    Thanks!
    If you mean standard text messages, probably no but maybe yes. If you mean WhatsApp or other social media messages, probably yes but maybe no.

If the device is rooted, there are many data recovery tools to achieve this with root. Or you can try DiskDigger or Easus data recovery.
    newbie question.

Can the stock kernel with stock rom be overclocked?

Thanks.
    Not likely. To overclock a kernel you need to make modification to the source. I dont think any manufacturer would have those changes. It puts the device at risk, which would risk them having to replace under warranty.
    Many thanks, There is no later update from Archos which I assume would therefore mean finding a customised ROM such as LineageOS to get a later OS?
    If one exists for your model number. If it doesn't, the best you could hope for is building it for yourself for your specific model number if the source code for your model number is available to the public or port an existing LineageOS ROM from a device that has the same hardware specs as your device, if there even is a Lineage ROM for a similar device.

Either way, neither building your own from source or porting an existing ROM will be easy for the uninitiated.
    1. Yes. Apparently nobody ever had this problem
    2. Device reboots instantly, cant access any of the data
    3. Both a/b partitions are wiped before every install
    4. Tried reformatting to 3.5gb sys/1gb vendor and 4.5gb sys/1gb vendor
    5. Ex4 is the expected fs, other throw an error at the start of the flashing
    6. Today I;ve managed to flash and boot HAvocOS
    7. This is something I do not know how to do ;(
    ...snip...
    2. On a failed boot, go into TWRP, and the file will be accessible there. And it will have the previous failed boot, so the ROM attempt and not the boot to TWRP. Its whole purpose is based on that feature. If your ROM supports it, its THE thing to debug boot issues. I have seen its support/implementation fade in newer android versions.

Another thing I have stumbled on recently which pumps out a HEAP of info during/about the boot is a "boot chart". I just recently found it, and it has a LOT of info, but to be honest, it wasnt the clear boot log/process of last_kmsg. In TWRP create a folder at /data/bootchart and place a file at /data/bootchart/enabled (0 length) Then boot, go back to TWRP, and there should be about 6MB of text logs at /data/bootchart
    Code:
    mkdir -p /data/bootchart;
    touch /data/bootchart/enabled;

3. I dont think A/B partitions have ALL the partitions duped. I dont have much experience with A/B, my current devices is one :confused:. However, I have read posts of people who have had issues when they do not flash the exact same firmware to both partitions.

7 To get yours is pretty easy, on a running ROM. And these values should be the same for any ROM running on that device, as flashing ROMs do not normally change them. I am also assuming you are rooted.
    Code:
    getprop | grep -e '\.model' -e '\.version.sdk' -e '\.manufacturer' -e '\.hardware]' -e '\.platform' -e '\.revision' -e '\.serialno' -e '\.product.name' -e '\.brand' -e '\.bootloader' -e '\.version\.baseband' -e 'ril\.sw_ver' -e 'ro.build.version.security_patch' -e 'ro.build.fingerprint' -e "ro.build.ab_update" -e "ro.treble.enabled";
    Or you can use the app GUI I have created, TeMeFI , and can find the method in the menu under: Current State>Get Selected Properties
    After getting those results, you should check what someone else with a working ROM install has, or ask the dev on the thread what is the expected values for BOOT & MODEM
    This may be a stretch, but I'll try: I need the app Helium backup, but on the google playstore the only relevant Helium app that I can find is the premium one.

This normally won't be a problem since it's cheap, however, in the reviews someone wrote that the premium app asks you to download the free version (as if it was just an unlocker), and the free version is not available on the playstore!

Does someone know what's going on with this app?
    I dont know for any certainty, but isn't/wasnt helium the backup app baked into LOS custom ROMs? or previous versions? You may also get a response / download link for the free version, from a request on the more targeted thread
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    ZTE V970 Brick?

Hi,

I've been trying to install Bruno's ROM for this phone (cam with all chinese apps). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578

but have a big problem. I tried my best to follow the instructions but, really couldn't work out if I was doing things in the right order.. is there an actual step- by step for this procedure? I know I'm a noob and read this read that I am an idiot etc. etc. but I thought if I used to ROM on that page and the software recommended it would be easy.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded all the files as told.

Tried to 'flash a custom recovery' as here http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

but it did not mention how to use the ZTE custom recovery file http://d-h.st/Vgt

I'm also not sure at all that the 'MediaTek drivers' were installed properly. The phone never appeared in the Device manager.

I opened SP flash tool and followed this: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html

and selected the 'scatter file' from the unzipped Bruno ROM (took a while to realise had to unzip it to get the file!!!)

I noticed most of the boxes on the scatter file were unchecked but carried on and ignored a warning message about the phone may not be able to boot (the tutorial said to ignore it).

I had to click 'download' then plug the phone in and eventually I got the red loading bar. This finished... then nothing else.. no purple bar.. nothing.

So after waiting a few minutes I unplugged the phone.

It now appears to be a total brick. What did I do wrong? Why no purple bar? Were the scatter items supposed to be unchecked? What was the 'custom recovery' file for? Because the SP flash prog never asked for it.

Is there any point in trying it again or is the phone dead?

Thanks for any help..

Theo