Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello there
my Samsung A12 is unaffected after flashing it using odin.
I flashed my phone with magisk patch to root it yet the it seems like nothing happened

what I did
1 unlock the bootloader which caused the phone to wipe data
2 with magisk I used boot.img to create magisk patch
3 using odin, I selected magisk patch, bl, cs and csc files to flash my phone
4 odin gave failure so I added Home_csc file for which odin is supposed to successfully flashed my phone

but when I open my phone its state is no different from how it was after I unlocked the bootloader

I tried wiping the cache, factory rest, re-flashing but none seems to work
I don´t think is unaffected, after unlocking bootloader, probably it made a factory reset.
Regards the rooting process, did you check that Magisk is not within your apps? maybe grayed out because you´d need to update it.
And which guide did you follow to apply it, some Samsung devices need the complete firmware to be patched, and flashed back to the device, not only the boot image, anyway, contrarily, if you patched the boot only, then you can flash the boot only into the AP slot.

Odai_

May 26, 2023
I don´t think is unaffected, after unlocking bootloader, probably it made a factory reset.
Regards the rooting process, did you check that Magisk is not within your apps? maybe grayed out because you´d need to update it.
And which guide did you follow to apply it, some Samsung devices need the complete firmware to be patched, and flashed back to the device, not only the boot image, anyway, contrarily, if you patched the boot only, then you can flash the boot only into the AP slot.
yes unlocking the bootloader did a factory reset but flashing didn't do anything. magisk app isn't there also I installed it manually

I followed this guide, like I said I inserted the patched boot.img alongside with the other files cp, bl ,csc ,home_csc

Odai_

May 26, 2023
yes unlocking the bootloader did a factory reset but flashing didn't do anything. magisk app isn't there also I installed it manually

I followed this guide, like I said I inserted the patched boot.img alongside with the other files cp, bl ,csc ,home_csc

help
my phone seems bricked, I flashed twrp but my phone didn't boot to system so I decided to flash magisk patch using odin again
and now my phone is stuck in bootloop and I can't enter download mode

edit: nvm, I managed to flash my phone back still not rooted lol but I will take to professional next time

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016

I didn´t say to flash boot image alongside the other images (apart) this won´t make a difference versus flashing only the boot image (and nothing more) but patching the whole firmware, for example, if you get an all-in-one file, then you should patch it and flash back in the AP slot, or, if you have separate files firmware, then you could patch and flash only what goes in the AP slot, BUT.... most Samsung devices require patching and flashing the boot + the vbmeta image, and flash it (in tar format) in the AP slot.

The guide you followed is a copy/paste AKA generic "guides", that may or may not apply for some device (a random maybe yes, maybe not), Samsung deserves specific steps.

mrgorungo

May 28, 2023
so basicaly i have a bank app which checks whether rooted and whether usb debug enableed and if I add this app to magisk deny list to bypass 1st detection the hide usb debug lsposed module dosent take effect and bank app still detect usb debug enabled, how can I bypass this check

any good workaround? how do i bypass these 2 checks

jwoegerbauer

Dec 11, 2022
Freestate of Bavaria, Germany
Moto G10
so basicaly i have a bank app which checks whether rooted and whether usb debug enableed and if I add this app to magisk deny list to bypass 1st detection the hide usb debug lsposed module dosent take effect and bank app still detect usb debug enabled, how can I bypass this check

any good workaround? how do i bypass these 2 checks
a) Unroot phone's Android

If Android got rooted by installing busybox, then to unroot phone's Android, you will need a file manager with root access. Grab your favorite one and follow the following steps:
  1. Access your device’s main drive and look for system. Select it, and then tap on bin.
  2. Delete “busybox” and “su.” By the way, these might not be there. If that is the case, move on to the next step.
  3. Go back to the system folder and select xbin. If the files are there, go ahead and delete both “busybox” and “su.”
  4. Go back to the system folder and select app.
  5. Delete “superuser.apk.”
  6. Restart the device, and it will all be done.
If Android got rooted via Magisk then simply uninstall Magisk from the app

Magisk-Uninstall-button-complete.png

b) Disable USB-debugging

To turn off USB debugging on Android, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Settings on your Android phone.
2. Then, locate and tap on Developers options.
3. Swipe down and turn off the toggle for the USB debugging option to enable it.

Last edited:

mrgorungo

May 28, 2023
a) Unroot phone's Android

If Android got rooted by installing busybox, then to unroot phone's Android, you will need a file manager with root access. Grab your favorite one and follow the following steps:
  1. Access your device’s main drive and look for system. Select it, and then tap on bin.
  2. Delete “busybox” and “su.” By the way, these might not be there. If that is the case, move on to the next step.
  3. Go back to the system folder and select xbin. If the files are there, go ahead and delete both “busybox” and “su.”
  4. Go back to the system folder and select app.
  5. Delete “superuser.apk.”
  6. Restart the device, and it will all be done.
If Android got rooted via Magisk then simply uninstall Magisk from the app

Magisk-Uninstall-button-complete.png

b) Disable USB-debugging

To turn off USB debugging on Android, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Settings on your Android phone.
2. Then, locate and tap on Developers options.
3. Swipe down and turn off the toggle for the USB debugging option to enable it.
xda comuniy , real?

lm8lm8

Nov 10, 2020
hi guys, I found back an old gogle/samsung manta
I backed it up then factory reset it, but now... file manager and gallery default apps are missing

how could I recover them?

thank you
android 5 (i know..)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
hi guys, I found back an old gogle/samsung manta
I backed it up then factory reset it, but now... file manager and gallery default apps are missing

how could I recover them?

thank you
android 5 (i know..)
Default apps are not deleted after a factory reset, so maybe those were installed by a user, this means, you could find them in the Play Store or other app store. And, you always can restore what you backed up, but, if you don´t want to restore all the apps, then you can select, depending on the method you used to backup, only the apps you want.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Which partitions are responsible for storing unique IDs like IMEI, S/N etc.? I only know about nvram, nvdata and nvcfg. Am I missing something?
It depends on the device and/or the Android version, in old MediaTek devices is a database (APDB/MDDB/BPLGU), and some other stuffs like calibration, SN; in some devices it´s in the EFS partition, persist. The partitions involved on storing IDs are NVRAM, NVCFG, NVdata, persist, protect1 and protect2, proinfo.

ccaye

Aug 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I want to ask help for file glitch/corrupted problem.
My redmi note 9 pro (joyeuse) was fine during normal use.
but around four months ago, I changed pattern lock, and it just never unlocks again.
During this time, I have tried every old pattern and new pattern to unlock it, but all falled. and lock time is 512 mins now.
Since I debloated Mi services frame before, thus I can not add any mi account to the phone
so the mi unlock tool does not work. and my bootloader is locked.
And my current version is MIUI V11 which uses Mi recovery 3.0
so I cant pull or push files in sideload mode. ( some recovery 5.0 is able to perform that)

is there any fastboot command that i can clear cache to solve file glitch?
due to locked Bootloader, most of fastboot command is not working.

I was going to upgrade MIUI v12 so I can use recovery 5.0 in order to pull my data out.
but due to locked bootloader, I can only use mi assistant to upgrade stock firmware.
And for some wierd reason, Mi assistant only able to upgrade my phone to MIUI V11 and not V12.
mi flash also does not working under fastboot mode, it just cant flasht the miui 12 firmware,
under edl mode, it asked me to use auth account in order to flash it.
The only way i can think of is using paid auth edl to flash the stock firmware to MIUI12.
But i doubt that will erase my data which lost the whole point.

I want to ask has anyone used this method before. or is there any other method to unlock my phone or at least pull my data out.

thank you

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys,
I want to ask help for file glitch/corrupted problem.
My redmi note 9 pro (joyeuse) was fine during normal use.
but around four months ago, I changed pattern lock, and it just never unlocks again.
Lock screen not working? mm.
During this time, I have tried every old pattern and new pattern to unlock it, but all falled. and lock time is 512 mins now.
Since I debloated Mi services frame before, thus I can not add any mi account to the phone
An app/service can´t be uninstalled through commands, you´d need root, But I guess you didn´t do it, this means two things, you, previously enabled USB debugging, and, the app can be reinstalled, reversing the script, you´d use to "uninstall" it.
so the mi unlock tool does not work. and my bootloader is locked.
And my current version is MIUI V11 which uses Mi recovery 3.0
so I cant pull or push files in sideload mode. ( some recovery 5.0 is able to perform that)
Difference within 3.0 and 5.0 recovery versions is only that the newer have a new option to connect to Mi Assistant, but ADB sideload can´t be used by the user, it´s only used to perform official updates, not to pull files. You also can use XiaoMiTool v2., in order to flash a ROM, that can be picked from your PC.
is there any fastboot command that i can clear cache to solve file glitch?
due to locked Bootloader, most of fastboot command is not working.

I was going to upgrade MIUI v12 so I can use recovery 5.0 in order to pull my data out.
but due to locked bootloader, I can only use mi assistant to upgrade stock firmware.
And for some wierd reason, Mi assistant only able to upgrade my phone to MIUI V11 and not V12.
Upgrading firmware through recovery won´t erase data, none update does it.
mi flash also does not working under fastboot mode, it just cant flasht the miui 12 firmware,
Mi Flash works on both, fastboot and EDL mode, but for the first mode, you´d need an unlocked bootloader and for the second, an authorized account. Search for a patched sahara/programmer/loader for your device, sometimes an ENG (engineer) firmware can contain it, not always though.
under edl mode, it asked me to use auth account in order to flash it.
The only way i can think of is using paid auth edl to flash the stock firmware to MIUI12.
But i doubt that will erase my data which lost the whole point.
In Mi Flash tool, you may use the option "save user data", data won´t be erased.
I want to ask has anyone used this method before. or is there any other method to unlock my phone or at least pull my data out.

thank you
Whatever is the method someone else uses to unlock the bootloader, data will be wiped.

Reactions: ccaye

ccaye

Aug 1, 2020
Lock screen not working? mm.

An app/service can´t be uninstalled through commands, you´d need root, But I guess you didn´t do it, this means two things, you, previously enabled USB debugging, and, the app can be reinstalled, reversing the script, you´d use to "uninstall" it.

Difference within 3.0 and 5.0 recovery versions is only that the newer have a new option to connect to Mi Assistant, but ADB sideload can´t be used by the user, it´s only used to perform official updates, not to pull files. You also can use XiaoMiTool v2., in order to flash a ROM, that can be picked from your PC.

Upgrading firmware through recovery won´t erase data, none update does it.

Mi Flash works on both, fastboot and EDL mode, but for the first mode, you´d need an unlocked bootloader and for the second, an authorized account. Search for a patched sahara/programmer/loader for your device, sometimes an ENG (engineer) firmware can contain it, not always though.

In Mi Flash tool, you may use the option "save user data", data won´t be erased.

Whatever is the method someone else uses to unlock the bootloader, data will be wiped.
thank you for such detailed information.
I was using xiaomiADBfastboot tool to delete some mi service apk, so I was using the phone without mi account since two years ago.
And yes, my usb debugging is enabled. But my screen is locked, thus adb device was listed as unauthed.

So for the Mi flash tool, I can not upgrade any rom under fastboot mode right? even it's stock firmware.
and for the 720G soc, the firehose/loader is still not patched yet. I think i have tried other tools like xiaomiTool V2, but once I connect the device, it restarted straight away. I am still looking for a method to upgrade the stock firmware to MIUI 12

And tbh, I still dont understand why the lock screen is not reading my correct pattern. I have tried the pattern and similar ones so many times. Even all the old pattern I have used before. And the phone does read my fingerprint, but it needs to enter the pattern after restarting the phone. Unfortunately i have restarted so many times. So when I put my fingerprint, it shows correct and shows the pattern lock screen. All the work (unlock bootloader, edl mode, upgrading to stock firmware) is for unlock the phone.

And I do want to ask aobut, if I can pull the files out in edl mode, it will be saved as userdata.bin
and after I upgrade to the new firmware, and reset the phone so i can unlock the bootloader,
Can I restore userdata.bin file back into the phone in order to get my data back?
I was thinking about pull the files out in edl mode first, save them as backup.
then reset the phone, link mi account, unlock the bootloader.
And then went back to edl mode again, restore the file i have pulled before,
but now since the bootloader is unlocked, I can install third party recovery in order to delete the gatekeeper file.

And i do hope upgrading the firmware will solve that lock screen glitch. so i can skip all these steps.

Once again, thank you so much for the answers. have a good day!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
thank you for such detailed information.
I was using xiaomiADBfastboot tool to delete some mi service apk, so I was using the phone without mi account since two years ago.

And yes, my usb debugging is enabled. But my screen is locked, thus adb device was listed as unauthed.
I wonder how you could command to your device and now is unauthorized. Check if XiaomiADB have the feature to return the app, but I guess the tool is deprecated.
So for the Mi flash tool, I can not upgrade any rom under fastboot mode right? even it's stock firmware.
Not in locked state.
and for the 720G soc, the firehose/loader is still not patched yet.
Search from a device that has the same SoC.
I think i have tried other tools like xiaomiTool V2, but once I connect the device, it restarted straight away. I am still looking for a method to upgrade the stock firmware to MIUI 12
It doesn´t work on an unauthorized device, is intended to work through the stock recovery, so it can´t use ADB commands.
And tbh, I still dont understand why the lock screen is not reading my correct pattern. I have tried the pattern and similar ones so many times. Even all the old pattern I have used before. And the phone does read my fingerprint, but it needs to enter the pattern after restarting the phone. Unfortunately i have restarted so many times. So when I put my fingerprint, it shows correct and shows the pattern lock screen. All the work (unlock bootloader, edl mode, upgrading to stock firmware) is for unlock the phone.
Maybe your display is bad.

And I do want to ask aobut, if I can pull the files out in edl mode, it will be saved as userdata.bin
and after I upgrade to the new firmware, and reset the phone so i can unlock the bootloader,
Can I restore userdata.bin file back into the phone in order to get my data back?
I was thinking about pull the files out in edl mode first, save them as backup.
then reset the phone, link mi account, unlock the bootloader.
And then went back to edl mode again, restore the file i have pulled before,
but now since the bootloader is unlocked, I can install third party recovery in order to delete the gatekeeper file.
You´d need an authorized account and a proper tool to do that, if you can pull it out, you could restore it, in order to have such files, not an stable restoration for daily use though.
And i do hope upgrading the firmware will solve that lock screen glitch. so i can skip all these steps.

Once again, thank you so much for the answers. have a good day!
you can try Mi-Assistant in order to backup data, and upgrade, remember that an upgrade through a stock recovery only is done, from a version to the next.

Also check this one https://github.com/bkerler/edl

Reactions: mrrocketdog

alokmfmf

Account currently disabled
May 27, 2023
What's the best ways to detect malware on android?
I've tried almost all anti viruses they all seem to be bloatware or not useful(malwarebytes sophos bit defender kaspersky etc) and can't really detect rootkits
Ive even tried universal android debloater but even that doesn't work in detecting
Any suggestions will be useful
Thanks.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Android-x86 Instagram doesn't show front/text in Instagram app

I am running Android-x86 and I want to run Instagram on it. New APK versions only run with this blurry front:

View attachment 5923145
View attachment 5923147
I have tried a lot to fix it, well to the best of my ability. I installed old APKs and Instagram looks normal. But I can't login because the APKs are outdated.

Can anyone please help me to fix this? What do I have to do? Is it even possible to fix? Is anyone successfully running Instagram (not the lite version) inside Android-x86?

Thanks in advance
You could just use your web browser instead

Broncho10

Jun 1, 2023
OK, here goes. Bear with me because my knowledge on phones and their operating systems, and all things related, is very elementary.

My issue is I have a Samsung S10e (SM-G970U1) that is not compatible with Wi-Fi calling. I called my carrier (US Cellular) and they said that they support this service but my phone is not compatible for it. I bought the phone unlocked on eBay. Is there a way to get my phone where I can get Wi-Fi calling enabled? If not, is there an unlocked phone I can purchase, other than an iPhone, that will be compatible with my carrier.

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wonder just how many times you've typed that out. :)
    More than I can remember, lol.
    Thanks!
    I read in detail the thread you mentioned and followed all the steps.
    The problem is that I can't make the phone go into BROM or Preloader mode.
    The phone still shows as Unknown Device.
    I'm not sure it works on your device, but, you might be able to open the device and use a jumper wire to make contact between two specific points on the motherboard to force the device into BROM.
    Hi everyone!

I am confused about VoLTE entirely working with custom ROMs, especially lineageOS. Can somebody who as knowledge about it help me out?

Thanks!
    It depends on the device, VoLTE works pretty fine with some of them, I mean, there is not a previous reason, why it shouldn`t work.
    Hi everyone!

I am confused about VoLTE entirely working with custom ROMs, especially lineageOS. Can somebody who as knowledge about it help me out?

Thanks!

okay :
    1. the service provider enable VOLTE or/and VOWIFI on it's LTE/5G network by adding a IMS (multimedia server) ; IMS will manage including SIP (voip) to handle your phone number between it's netwok and your phone ; for this, the service provider parameter it's own volte/vowifi information, depending how is managed the IMS. Then, he enables and allow volte/vowifi for some/all subscribers. Service provider transmits volte/vowifi information to phone/devices manufacturers
    2. the manufacturers are supposed to add those ISP (and others ISP too) volte/vowifi information within a file, called volte/vowifi profile. Technically, how does it works? manufacturer just asks to qualcomm to add those information to volte/vowifi profile by adding them to binary files (called blobs) to android's ESP partition.
    3. the manufacturer sends network update to the devices by simple software updates; And then, when the phone powers on, androi/ios see it can connect to LTE, that the phone line is volte/vowifi allowed, and checks about those volte/vowifi information into the phone, that the manufacturer added into the software. Then they discuss together (the phone by software, with the IMS on provider's network) about connecting phone into a SIP client, whom might be connected to associate your phone number to the phone. Thus it's works!(1)

1: normally, it's works fine with almost all providers/devices, when the volte/vowifi service was enabled BEFORE the device was built/solt.
    please notice that almost all phone are 3/4yrs maximum updated, so a 2022 new volte service will not work on a 2018 updated phone, manufacturers prefers you to change your phone ;)
    please also notice that ALL free/opensource alternative software (lineageos, sailfish, postmarketos) could handle volte/vowifi ONLY by handling those vowifi/volte profiles from mcfg.bin something file, whom are kind of blobs containing volte/vowifi, stored in..... .the ESP partition/space on the phone : lineageos, and others OS, uses the SAME source of information : if volte/vowifi works well on a device, it doesnt depends on the system files, but on the esp/cellular blobs binary files, and will ever work or never work.
    IMS

IMS features in Android more or less only work for recent Qualcomm devices at the time of writing, due to several changes in implementation per Android version, and lack of a standardized interface between the telephony frameworks and proprietary components. While IMS features themselves are standardized, the software implementations of them unfortunately are not.

that is, my comprehension of how it's working.
    I just got a new Poco X5 Pro. I want to install a different rom but I'm stuck trying to unlock the bootloader. My Mi account is fine but I am not receiving the one time passcodes from Xiaomi to check the status unlocking the BL. Has anybody figured out a method to bypass this? Thanks
    Since years, Xiaomi doesn`t deliver a code. You have to firstly, sign in your Mi account through the settings, but, also you have to bind that account to that device (rare no?), to do this, enable developer options, and there you´ll find the option to do so, you have to log in, switching off WiFi, and enabling only mobile data, once you get the success message, you can continue with the process through a PC.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer
    and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
    problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
    post-mortem
    SilentStrider
    Ghostfreak NB
    mayank9856
    sgs22012
    Zatta
    ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
    Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Reserved

Just a few words of advice on keeping this thread clean of unnecessary clutter:

1. Before posting a question, it is highly recommended to read this thread.

2. Click the Thanks button on the posts that helped you, instead of posting "Thanks". This helps other members in finding out the best replies that get buried in the thread.

3. Do not use this thread to increase your post count! The Off-Topic forum is the place for that.

4. Do a simple search of this thread before asking to see if your question has been asked previously.

5. If your question has not received an answer after a few hours, please be patient. Someone will answer you shortly. If you do not get an answer in 24 hours, you may BUMP your post. If you still have no answer after a week, do mention me in your post.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Good job mate, hopefully lots of members will find this thread very helpful :cool::good:
    Hi can you tell me any tread which will help me to make three options in my power menu i.e shutdown,restart,restart recovery i am a slight newbe but i can learn editing if i have to i plan to have this and notification toggle in my tablet please can you help...:confused: