Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Gregorio_T

Aug 4, 2015
I want to download ROM Skynet v3 [GER] of Mr. Cyberdyne

for doing so I need a link. I have no questions to bother anybody here with because I find all the relevant content within this well organzied sharing community. After having flashed my ROM I might provide my knowledge to the community.
So, is there anybody who can share that link with me? :)

Gregorio_T

Aug 4, 2015
For which device??
Did you search for it??

Hi, Newyork! Thank you for the quick reply !
It is for my old HTC Kaiser aka HTC TYTN II.

Did you search for it??
Yes, I already looked for it in the web and there are no links to download it.
The chef Cyberdyne asks for a mail using this xda-community mail contact as shown here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=696840

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Hi, Newyork! Thank you for the quick reply !

It is for my old HTC Kaiser aka HTC TYTN II.

Yes, I already looked for it in the web and there are no links to download it.
The chef Cyberdyne asks for a mail using this xda-community mail contact as shown here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=696840

Oh, so send him in private and i guess he will give you a download link.
Wow! People still use these phones!!
I still have my Palm Centro!

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
I have an odd question. So I just flashed slimrom version 8.0.0 android 4.4.4 after being on stock 4.4.2 l restored all my apps through titanium backup and when I opened the xda app the search and other options that are usually at the bottom of the screen are now gone. This isn't a keyboard issue because i've tried several keyboards and nothing changes. I also reinstalled xda app from the play store and tried swiping in every direction possible... Still nothing. I'm using an htc one m7 unlocked with twrp recovery+root.

Sent from my fire breathing m7

Fixed my problem... Yeah !

Corey292

Aug 8, 2010
I need help! I have a vs985 that I rooted with one click root. I have twrp manager. When I go into twrp manager I click 'wipe data' and 'wipe cache', I then choose my rom zip file and my gapps zip file, and then select flash. My phone reboots into recovery like it's flashing the rom but after my phone reboots, nothing has happened. I don't know what to do!?!?!? Please somebody help me!

G

GuestK0087

I need help! I have a vs985 that I rooted with one click root. I have twrp manager. When I go into twrp manager I click 'wipe data' and 'wipe cache', I then choose my rom zip file and my gapps zip file, and then select flash. My phone reboots into recovery like it's flashing the rom but after my phone reboots, nothing has happened. I don't know what to do!?!?!? Please somebody help me!

Do you have TWRP recovery installed?

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
I need help! I have a vs985 that I rooted with one click root. I have twrp manager. When I go into twrp manager I click 'wipe data' and 'wipe cache', I then choose my rom zip file and my gapps zip file, and then select flash. My phone reboots into recovery like it's flashing the rom but after my phone reboots, nothing has happened. I don't know what to do!?!?!? Please somebody help

Reboot into recovery and wipe and flash from there you'll be able to watch the script run as the zips are flashed and see if any errors pop up.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I have an odd question. So I just flashed slimrom version 8.0.0 android 4.4.4 after being on stock 4.4.2 l restored all my apps through titanium backup and when I opened the xda app the search and other options that are usually at the bottom of the screen are now gone. This isn't a keyboard issue because i've tried several keyboards and nothing changes. I also reinstalled xda app from the play store and tried swiping in every direction possible... Still nothing. I'm using an htc one m7 unlocked with twrp recovery+root.

Fixed my problem... Yeah !

Kindly share your solution so that others can do the same if they have that issue. Keeping it to yourself isn't how it works here. All the information for modding and troubleshooting on XDA is shared for a reason. If everyone kept their solutions to their self then there wouldn't even BE an XDA and you wouldn't have this site to find what you need to know. If you can't share, then you don't deserve to even come into this great community that is intended to share knowledge.
Awseome! Please share how u fixed so we have an idea on how to help the next person that has that problem. Thanks

Last edited:

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
Kindly share your solution so that others can do the same if they have that issue. Keeping it to yourself isn't how it works here. All the information for modding and troubleshooting on XDA is shared for a reason. If everyone kept their solutions to their self then there wouldn't even BE an XDA and you wouldn't ha e this site to find what you need to know. If you can't share, then you don't deserve to even come into this great community that is intended to share knowledge.

No need to get angry. I thought it wasn't important enough to matter because it seemed kinda silly when I figured it out.

K, so Slimrom 8.0 for the HTC 1 m7 (android 4.4.4) suppresses popup menus in all apps for instance Firefox, Dolphin, XDA..etc. The way I fixed it was to go to settings>navigation>(either navigation bar OR hardware buttons). If you choose "navigation bar" you can enable a bar at the bottom where you can add a bunch of features including "menu". I chose to go to hardware buttons instead because the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen gets in the way. I went into "hardware buttons>enable custom actions" and added an option to display a menu if I hold the home button. Of course you can add lots of options to any of the buttons as desired.

It's still a little odd that Slimrom suppresses menus as it makes many apps almost unusable. Anyway there it is !

No need to get angry. I thought it wasn't important enough to matter because it seemed kinda silly when I figured it out.

First off, thanks for sharing the solution and im glad u figured it out! Second, no worries he wasnt angry he was just making a general statement as to why it was important to share and when he said you he meant anyone. We look forward to seeing u help others here on xda! Psycho is a very knowledgeable person and very helpful to everyone. He is here on this thread like me out of kindness. U dont see many experts in these type threads because new members tend to pop in and get help and then disappear forever without even hitting the thanks button. So by sharing info ur keeping us motivated to help since we dont get much thanks here. Now stick around and help us help others my friend!

Wulfpk

Aug 24, 2014
First off, thanks for sharing the solution and im glad u figured it out! Second, no worries he wasnt angry he was just making a general statement as to why it was important to share and when he said you he meant anyone. We look forward to seeing u help others here on xda! Psycho is a very knowledgeable person and very helpful to everyone. He is here on this thread like me out of kindness. U dont see many experts in these type threads because new members tend to pop in and get help and then disappear forever without even hitting the thanks button. So by sharing info ur keeping us motivated to help since we dont get much thanks here. Now stick around and help us help others my friend!

Thanks for the encouragement ! I actually love reading through the help posts since it's where I learn all the little weird things. I would like to learn Java and C++ though. I feel a little useless atm because I just started and the more I read the less I feel I know, lol. But Thanks for helping out here and sorry Psycho, I misunderstood. You can count on me not leaving any time soon.

Kyzrael

Nov 17, 2014
Quezon City
Pls how can i do a full rom backup without rooting the phone expecially on a pc

Try to use MTKdroidtools - if your phone is a mtk one. It offers temporary root just to do back up of the whole firmware. But sometimes/most of the time, it requires you to root first to be able to do back up... In rooting you may use Kingroot (apk or exe - choose on what you prefer) or Iroot (same with kingroot you may choose either you want an apk or exe).

rexsis13

Jan 23, 2014
Are you using the kdz version recommended for your device?
I remembered that it always was pretty difficult to get kdz working, but after two or three tries it worked. Try changing usb port, unplugging and re-plugging...i remember that i needed to install another program before, like msmxsml.exe. Google around for the kdz version recommended for your device.

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Free mobile app

What do you mean by 'Are you using the kdz version recommended for your device?' I don't think the problem is with the kdz version at all. Neither KDZ nor ADB detect my device. I tried using Fastboot to see if that will detect it but I bumped into the same problem. Switching USB ports helps with nothing. Unplugging and re-plugging doesn't help either. An interesting thing is that my Windows XP laptop, which is the only PC I have access to right now, detects the phone as a modem. I don't think that's right but whatever, maybe I'm overthinking. Anyways, I did install msxml.exe (I think that's what you mean) so the problem isn't with that. Googling for the recommended kdz version doesn't show me any relevant results.

Thanks for the encouragement ! I actually love reading through the help posts since it's where I learn all the little weird things. I would like to learn Java and C++ though. I feel a little useless atm because I just started and the more I read the less I feel I know, lol. But Thanks for helping out here and sorry Psycho, I misunderstood. You can count on me not leaving any time soon.

I took a class on java once but then lost a lot of brain cells so i dont remember much! Im currently watching youtube tutorials to relearn because its way easier to learn with a visual.
You should try that if u want to learn programming. Dont worry u r not useless here. I already saw u helping people. Everyone on xda is a noob compared to someone else, even top developers dont have nothin on edward snowden lol! Glad u r sticking around to help others and learn more to make xda a better more informative place. And remember, the smartest tech in the world, if not helping others, is far more useless than u could ever be. U have great potential to learn more and help many people!

Reactions: NeoLogY and Wulfpk

Top Liked Posts