Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Fytdyh

How do I get my legally purchased google play apps to run on my amazon tablet? I have a fire 10 HD and I used the fire toolbox to debloat and install google play, and I was able to download my owned apps though google play onto my fire tablet, but some of them give a license error (mostly kemco titles) when I try to run them.

I'm going to stress that these are apps I purchased from the google play store and legally own, I'm not trying to pirate stuff. I can run them on my phone and through bluestacks on my PC just fine, but they fail the license check on my amazon tablet. I've tried rebooting the tablet and launching them through google play games but nothing works.

You ve bought the right to play those games under Google license agreement. Since Amazon fire tablets aren't under Google license agreement, you would need to buy them again under Amazon license agreement. Or try to speak with the developer, maybe you can get those apps on Amazon as well.

Reactions: Waxfruit

Waxfruit

Jan 18, 2021
You ve bought the right to play those games under Google license agreement. Since Amazon fire tablets aren't under Google license agreement, you would need to buy them again under Amazon license agreement. Or try to speak with the developer, maybe you can get those apps on Amazon as well.

Other apps from the same developer work just fine though, and some of the ones that don't work aren't even sold on amazon. That's what confused me.

So basically some license checks look at the actual device too and not just whether or not the app has been purchased?

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
That may be. What you could try is the following : install magisk manager on your tablet, get the stock rom for your tablet, extract the boot.img, patched it with magisk manager and then flash it with sp flash tool. Some bootloaders, even when locked, do allow for such method. This way you gain root even with locked bootloader.

Anyway to run diagnostics to know if it's locked or not?? If it is I'll have to learn more!
Btw, since theres not much support or info on rooting this model, could I overclock it simply?
Do these things allow for increased voltage like a PC or do you only increase clock speed with stock power??
Cheers!

Hundolegends

Jan 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
What can I do on a Samsung Galaxy A01 cause so far theres not much left I need my biggest thing is more storage on the phone I have all the cloud storage I need I need more device storage

I want to motify a MIUI ROM( MIUI 12 ), but I can't mount the "system.img" file in my Ubuntu system.
I'm using mount command like that:
"sudo mount -t ext2 -o loop system.img /mnt/system" '/mnt/system' is a folder a created using mkdir
I got such output: "mount: /mnt/system: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop9, missing codepage or helper program, or other error."
The output of 'file' command:
"system.img: Linux rev 1.0 ext2 filesystem data, UUID=8d63fcde-560d-52f8-a382-c8a8da0768d7 (extents) (large files) (huge files)"
The way I get 'system.img' file from 'system.new.dat.br' file as follows:
"
brotli -d system.new.dat.br
git clone https://github.com/xpirt/sdat2img
cd sdat2img
python sdat2img.py ../system.transfer.list ../system.new.dat
"

Could anybody help me? Thanks!

I found that I forgot to add the system.img file.
It can be downloaded here : http://www.unknownnetworkservice.com:8012/Download/system.img

Reactions: xunholyx

Fytdyh

Anyway to run diagnostics to know if it's locked or not?? If it is I'll have to learn more!
Btw, since theres not much support or info on rooting this model, could I overclock it simply?
Do these things allow for increased voltage like a PC or do you only increase clock speed with stock power??
Cheers!
If the bootloader is tightly locked then it won't allow you to flash a patched boot image. But on some mediatek devices you can still flash a patched boot image, since the loose bootloader lock. You still can't flash a custom recovery or a custom rom.

The manufacturer sets the cpu voltage/clock speed in order to have the best ratio of battery life - performance. The difference between a computer and a smartphone, among others, is that on computer you have administrator rights. Rooting, on smartphone, gives you those rights. Out of the box you are not the administrator. Overclocking can damage your device if done incorrectly. That's why isn't available out of the box.

HITAISHI1

Jan 19, 2021
I'm new to Android and this forum too....so pls have some mercy
I want to learn about inner workings of the OS at it's core especially the kernel part....
I have read Linux Kernel Development by Robert Love and I liked it a lot.
I'm asking if there is any source where can I get similar explanations like where core concepts and how those concepts are implemented are explained.
I found this: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-complete-all-in-one-android-development-noob-friendly.3175121/
But I hoped there would be more, but it only showed how to get the code and build it.
I also read https://source.android.com/ (I mean only parts that I thought I need, I might be wrong) however I want to dig deeper.
Is there any source where things are explained in bottom up approach with occasional top down view of things....
I want to know how Android works from the inside......

SilvaGi

Jan 18, 2021
If the bootloader is tightly locked then it won't allow you to flash a patched boot image. But on some mediatek devices you can still flash a patched boot image, since the loose bootloader lock. You still can't flash a custom recovery or a custom rom.

The manufacturer sets the cpu voltage/clock speed in order to have the best ratio of battery life - performance. The difference between a computer and a smartphone, among others, is that on computer you have administrator rights. Rooting, on smartphone, gives you those rights. Out of the box you are not the administrator. Overclocking can damage your device if done incorrectly. That's why isn't available out of the box.

okay but even once you get root does the HW and apps allow you to increase voltage to the cpu? or are you stuck with stock voltage amount??

SonyProblem

Jan 19, 2021
Hi,

I have a problem with my phone lock screen and I was pointed to this site. Hopefully some of you may be able to help me. I have a Sony Xperia ZX2 Compact which I unlock using either fingerprint or pattern. However, it all of the sudden asks me for a PIN which I do not remember setting. I have tried all possible PINs that I could think of. (And Im pretty sure that if I did set a PIN I would keep it the same as the default 0000). It does not prompt a "forgot your pin" google thing. It lets me try as many times as I want and just shows me the amount of times incorrectly entered my PIN.
I tried finding my phone using the google find my device app, but it cant find it. It is connected to the wifi and says it has internet, however I can no longer receive app messages (so it is probably not really connected to the internet).
Does anyone know how I can fix this without factory setting my phone and losing all my personal data?

Thanks!

Fytdyh

Hi,

I have a problem with my phone lock screen and I was pointed to this site. Hopefully some of you may be able to help me. I have a Sony Xperia ZX2 Compact which I unlock using either fingerprint or pattern. However, it all of the sudden asks me for a PIN which I do not remember setting. I have tried all possible PINs that I could think of. (And Im pretty sure that if I did set a PIN I would keep it the same as the default 0000). It does not prompt a "forgot your pin" google thing. It lets me try as many times as I want and just shows me the amount of times incorrectly entered my PIN.
I tried finding my phone using the google find my device app, but it cant find it. It is connected to the wifi and says it has internet, however I can no longer receive app messages (so it is probably not really connected to the internet).
Does anyone know how I can fix this without factory setting my phone and losing all my personal data?

Thanks!
This might be the problem
Do you have usb debugging active?

SonyProblem

Jan 19, 2021
That does sound similar to what is happening to my phone, however the screen does not fade to black or loop.

Depends, I have never turned it off. So if the default option is that it is on, then it is on. I have to admit that I am a complete noob when it comes to phones/software/computers what not.

Fytdyh

That does sound similar to what is happening to my phone, however the screen does not fade to black or loop.

Depends, I have never turned it off. So if the default option is that it is on, then it is on. I have to admit that I am a complete noob when it comes to phones/software/computers what not.
That option by default is turned off. So no USB debugging. You are going to need to take the phone to service, since there aren't a lot of stuff you can do in this case.

Catoplepas

Dec 29, 2020
hello.

i want know if there is a way to change my payment method for paying less microtransactions or other things. can someone help me?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Cheers!
I have built ROMs from source before, including modifying the Kernel to over-clock & also under-clock the cpu; as well as a bucket load of CPU Govs and IO Schedulers. In the kermal code for that device, the voltages at each clock speed are explicitly set in the source code, and the list of available clock-speeds that the cpu can run at are also set, and therefore what voltage they use. That was for one device, which is now getting old (2013), but I am seeing less and less device I own having over-clock'able kernels.

Reactions: SilvaGi

OmarxLM

Jan 19, 2021
Help!
I just reinstalled the firmware to my moto z2 force and I had this problem:
I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and it connects well and stays connected, the problem is that the sound sounds but on the phone!
I go into sound settings and it switched to playing multimedia on the Bluetooth device and nothing.
I already tried to reset network settings, Bluetooth and wifi and nothing :(

Fytdyh

Help!
I just reinstalled the firmware to my moto z2 force and I had this problem:
I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and it connects well and stays connected, the problem is that the sound sounds but on the phone!
I go into sound settings and it switched to playing multimedia on the Bluetooth device and nothing.
I already tried to reset network settings, Bluetooth and wifi and nothing :(
Did you install the right version for your device? US version on the US smartphone...

Top Liked Posts