Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
By treating my boot.img as a recovery.img then flashing the output to my boot partition, i managed to port TWRP to my device! However, when attempting to install Magisk (v22.0) either by flashing a patched boot.img or by flashing a zip through TWRP, Magisk seems to install while overwriting TWRP so that on the next boot there is no TWRP when rebooting to recovery. Is there any workaround to get TWRP and Magisk at the same time? I don't want to go ahead and install v22.1 since it still seems pretty new.

Well, this is exactly what I warned previously, your TWRP needs to be fixed in the ramdisk partition to live together so any time you flash something it is not overwritten.

You should port it from a TWRP that already was made for an A-B device (processor similarities required) the Android Ones edition are an example on how it works and additional search for a TWRP installer , look inside and see which values you should replace for those from your device to make it compatible.

This is an example of what I'm saying, from my current device https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-5-1_9-0-for-android-9-10-11-custom-roms.4123287/

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Rizwan66

Apr 10, 2021
Hi
I don't know what you are talking about here or who you are replying to.
In the future, please use the reply option when replying to someone. That way the person you are replying to will get a notification. Also, someone like me coming across your post can click on what you are replying to and go back to see the conversation and might be able to jump in to help.
Ok bro

Rizwan66

Apr 10, 2021
Guys need help ...
I hve 7tpro mclaren hd1925 T mobile and i am not getting any software updates and there is no option to update it manully ...
I am still on 10.0.12
Can anyone help me with this plz...

Placyd

Jul 5, 2020
I need help. My Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 (MRD-LX2) EMUI 9.10.0 C636E7R1P7 won't boot and tells me "Serious problems occured when the device boot, you are recommended to do factory data reset". How do I get past this without doing a factory data reset?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Guys need help ...
I hve 7tpro mclaren hd1925 T mobile and i am not getting any software updates and there is no option to update it manully ...
I am still on 10.0.12
Can anyone help me with this plz...
This is the latest firmware for your device, it's based on A11 but it's a beta build https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574162297465 anyway I'm not sure if you should wait eons for TM to release its own update in case your device is locked.

Here you have the XDA Forum for your device https://xdaforums.com/c/oneplus-7t-pro-mclaren.9893/

And here the Oficial OnePlus Forum site for general discussion https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/oneplus-7tpro-support/

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello.I have a Vorke Z6 tv box running a custom Pie rom.Only bug is that bluetooth sound is delayed about 1 second.Is it possible to make or edit something so sound will be ok?I searched also on tv boxes forums, but didnt find something..Thanks for possible help.

TheBeast941

Apr 6, 2021
Well, this is exactly what I warned previously, your TWRP needs to be fixed in the ramdisk partition to live together so any time you flash something it is not overwritten.

You should port it from a TWRP that already was made for an A-B device (processor similarities required) the Android Ones edition are an example on how it works and additional search for a TWRP installer , look inside and see which values you should replace for those from your device to make it compatible.

This is an example of what I'm saying, from my current device https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-5-1_9-0-for-android-9-10-11-custom-roms.4123287/
Sorry if I didn't explain this clearly, but I flashed the TWRP image to my boot partition ("fastboot boot" doesn't seem to work for me so I can't temporarily boot into TWRP, I can only flash it onto my boot partition in order to get into TWRP). so that every time I reboot to recovery, I get into TWRP recovery, not the stock recovery. However, my issue comes from when I flash the Magisk zip through my ported TWRP recovery (currently flashed onto my boot partition), where the next time I boot or reboot into recovery it just boots straight to Android (then flashing back the boot image with TWRP restores my TWRP recovery and Magisk disappears obviously)

I also tried taking my TWRP image and patching it via the in-app patcher on Magisk Manager, and when flashing the output of that (which, by expectation, should contain TWRP and Magisk) onto my boot partition I get the same issue: prescence of Magisk and absence of TWRP.

Last edited:

Pichuku

Apr 13, 2021
Hi
I need a help for my mi phone
Is there any option for both always on display and floating windows work
If I turn on UI optimization AOD is not working and if I turn it off floating window is not working
What if I need both in redmi

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Sorry if I didn't explain this clearly, but I flashed the TWRP image to my boot partition ("fastboot boot" doesn't seem to work for me so I can't temporarily boot into TWRP, I can only flash it onto my boot partition in order to get into TWRP). so that every time I reboot to recovery, I get into TWRP recovery, not the stock recovery. However, my issue comes from when I flash the Magisk zip through my ported TWRP recovery (currently flashed onto my boot partition), where the next time I boot or reboot into recovery it just boots straight to Android (then flashing back the boot image with TWRP restores my TWRP recovery and Magisk disappears obviously)

I also tried taking my TWRP image and patching it via the in-app patcher on Magisk Manager, and when flashing the output of that (which, by expectation, should contain TWRP and Magisk) onto my boot partition I get the same issue: prescence of Magisk and absence of TWRP.
Again, this behaviour is exactly what you have to expect and it was exactly what I said you previously, firstly you can't reboot to TWRP by the commands so flashing it is required or also using the combination buttons will work, second,is normal that every time that you reboot to recovery you encounter there TWRP and not the stock so this one is just a tiny space into the boot partition and it was overwritten so it's gone, third, as I said you previously you should need to flash the boot image again into the boot partition so your device as it was overwritten by a different image lost the ability to boot it's mean that you'll boot to android because that, as for the final part Magisk can't do that.

What I were trying to say you is that if you use as base a "normal" TWRP without the ability to survive in the boot partition (as the stock recovery does) then the result can't be different though if your model is that then your copy will be that and can't be other than that.
But in the other hand if you use as base a TWRP that has the ability to do so most probably you won't need to add many more to your ported TWRP,
I hope you understand what I'm saying.

And the other step is additionally/apart of to make/port a TWRP for your device as it seems that you achieved (just check if it is the proper one) then also you should make/port a TWRP installer, what do TWRP installer does? without deeper describe it; just fix it into a tiny portion of the boot so it doesn't dissapear on every reboot. For that reason I linked to a thread so you can see that this TWRP for my current device has 2 files and not only 1.
Take a look inside the TWRP installer and maybe you can use it as base, of course is just for learning and personal use, you shoudn't share with anyone without the permission of the author.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi
I need a help for my mi phone
Is there any option for both always on display and floating windows work
If I turn on UI optimization AOD is not working and if I turn it off floating window is not working
What if I need both in redmi
I have both working all the time (or intermittently) so not always use AOD always on.

AOD looks like if device is with screen on but not really to the way that floating windows can interact with. Floating windows feature needs a device with screen completely on, I mean when the user is interacting with some app while the AOD mode manages notifications other way.

Probably there are other ways that I personally don't know, maybe some app that can act a way of some sort of ambient display app, or with some line command/tasker, maybe some Magisk module?

pyereciae2788

Sep 10, 2020
Quite a lot of root-related questions here... But anyway, I stopped by to ask if it's possible for android to not mark numbers as phone numbers (where it gets highlighted with the ability to call it). I've seen numbers like IDs (and some dates) get identified as a phone number. It's a bit annoying to see on any non-phone numbers.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Can a MOD please help me change my username?
To get the MOD's attention, try the thread

Or I would even try simply reporting one of your own posts requesting the change,

Reactions: Scridgeon
Apr 3, 2021
You didn't mention yet which image you patched and flashed to gain root, either boot or recovery
Sorry, I have been looking into what I did wrong. I used boot.img that magisk turned into magisk_patch.img (not exact name). I used the latest firmware and I think that might be the problem. I have the stock vbeta.img and boot, but my phone refuses to connect to my computer to reflash (by that I think that means flashing the stock boot img right?) I used adb to flash.

The only mode where my phone doesn't reboot is in fastboot mode, but it still won't connect. Recovery mode is a no go.

I also made a thread as I am not good at keeping up in this one. There is also a video that could clear up and confusion.

https://xdaforums.com/t/g0370ww-bootlooped-recovery-download-mode-not-aviable.4261849/

I do apreciate your help, I'm just a bit slow with this.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Sorry, I have been looking into what I did wrong. I used boot.img that magisk turned into magisk_patch.img (not exact name). I used the latest firmware and I think that might be the problem. I have the stock vbeta.img and boot, but my phone refuses to connect to my computer to reflash (by that I think that means flashing the stock boot img right?) I used adb to flash.

The only mode where my phone doesn't reboot is in fastboot mode, but it still won't connect. Recovery mode is a no go.

I also made a thread as I am not good at keeping up in this one. There is also a video that could clear up and confusion.

https://xdaforums.com/t/g0370ww-bootlooped-recovery-download-mode-not-aviable.4261849/

I do apreciate your help, I'm just a bit slow with this.
In the video you are getting fastboot mode but you are doing it wrong:
- While in fastboot mode you have to use exclusively fastboot commands not adb commands.
- You are using PowerShell and you should need to set the environment variables, log out and restart again, cd to the path file and a lot of unnecessary stuff for just a hurry necessity so I recommend that you firstly type cmd being in PS to switch to the old Command Prompt window and from then type the fastboot commands that you need, also copy/move the image you want to flash to the same adb/fastboot directory.

Last edited:

Khidreal

Oct 31, 2016
Hello,
I have a Huawei P smart 2019 that has been running slow.
I know plenty of other replies have been posted here about it but I do search the thread but I can't find a direction, the posts I saw were about cleaning the OS or asking other questions, they don't show what replies come after and I don't know how to access them.

Here are some insights about my phone:
- it's completely "vanilla", no root, no third party ROM.
- My phone automatically cleans it's junk once every week or so.
- my phone shuts down for an hour and turns on every night (user defined setting) just so the OS resets and is not left working dozens of days in a row
- I have 14 user installed apps: 2 bank apps, Android Auto, Hisuite (huawei toolbox), amazon, Call of duty mobile, Empires and Puzzles, Spotify, IG, reddit, tik tok, FB lite and messenger and Whatsapp, everything else comes with the phone.
- the phone got updated last year into android 10. before that it used to have about 1GB of ram available but after the update it got reduced to 800mb and lately i've been having like 300mb free ram.
- The apps that I use are the same for more than a year, I just update them
- I always update my phone whenever it asks to be updated

Recently I factory reset my phone. Installed all my apps again and the performance went down but it's not as worst as before (before factory reset even my keyboard would vanish while typing). right now it's just generally slow. for example, facebook messenger usually hangs while opening and looks slow.

As for user changes
before factory reset: only "essential" apps (user installed apps) would boot up with the system, like messenger for example. everything else would have it's boot disabled. Animations set up to 0.5x (programmer options), several privacy options turned on/off and other minor changes.

after the factory reset: I haven't touched anything except for setting up animations to 0.5x.

Performance data
Attached are some screenshots of the RAM performance (Last 3h, medium usage - I can take max usage screenshots and for other periods of time)

anyone knows what I can do? I'd like to avoid putting a third party ROM as tbh I don't have money for a new phone, can't brick this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414_114033.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114033.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210414_114105.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114105.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210414_114139.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114139.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210414_114201.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114201.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210414_114224.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114224.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210414_114256.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_114256.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 9

Dionolthof

Apr 14, 2021
Hi!

I would like to watch series/movies (series and movies which i cant find on apps that my tv offers) in quality on my tv by phone.

So which phones have the best hdmi output to televisions?
I have a LG oled55cx (4k, 120hz)

Regards!

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi!

I would like to watch series/movies (series and movies which i cant find on apps that my tv offers) in quality on my tv by phone.

So which phones have the best hdmi output to televisions?
I have a LG oled55cx (4k, 120hz)

Regards!
Why you don't directly install those apps on your smart TV?.

There are here some development around WebOS in case you want to take a look on it https://xdaforums.com/f/webos-software-and-hacking-general.1079/

It would be less expensive buying a ChromeCast (from the old ones) that buying a new phone just to mirror it with your TV.

Samsung devices (S and Note series) have good HDMI connectivity but I'm not sure if the streaming is done in the same quality. If you let give you an opinion I personally changed my smart TV for a Android box (Mi box S), it does things better and is less expensive change it through a certain time.

Dionolthof

Apr 14, 2021
Why you don't directly install those apps on your smart TV?.

There are here some development around WebOS in case you want to take a look on it https://xdaforums.com/f/webos-software-and-hacking-general.1079/

It would be less expensive buying a ChromeCast (from the old ones) that buying a new phone just to mirror it with your TV.

Samsung devices (S and Note series) have good HDMI connectivity but I'm not sure if the streaming is done in the same quality. If you let give you an opinion I personally changed my smart TV for a Android box (Mi box S), it does things better and is less expensive change it through a certain time.

Hi, thanks for your response!

First of all im not a native english speaker, so bare with me grammar/vocabulare wise.

I currently have the samsung galaxy s9+ and I used it with hdmi for screen mirroring. The quality on the tv, compared to while watching it on my phone, was quite a bit less, which was disappointing.
I was able to output fullhd and 60 hz though, which is the max without the official samsung dock (would become qhd with the dock, in my understanding). But also with fullhd videos, the quality was less on my tv. The video was a bit choppy/laggy on the tv, while it wasnt on the phone. I tried improving this with the tv settings menu with little results, but im no expert. Maybe it would've helped upgrading to the samsung dock cause it compliments the software better resulting in improving the video quality displayed on tv? Idk

But well since the s9+ is quite old anyway and my battery cappacity is below 75%, i was thinking of upgrading. Great hdmi output along with the upgrade would be sweet.

Currently im using my laptop (asus fx503vm-e4178t) instead, which is able to output fullhd at 60 hz also, and better then my phone does (clearer, no lagg). So upgrading to a flagship phone mainly for hdmi output might be a bit too much indeed.

I will keep an eye on the topics regarding the option of 'hacking' my tv. I never even knew about that, so thanks!

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, thanks for your response!

First of all im not a native english speaker, so bare with me grammar/vocabulare wise.

I currently have the samsung galaxy s9+ and I used it with hdmi for screen mirroring. The quality on the tv, compared to while watching it on my phone, was quite a bit less, which was disappointing.
I was able to output fullhd and 60 hz though, which is the max without the official samsung dock (would become qhd with the dock, in my understanding). But also with fullhd videos, the quality was less on my tv. The video was a bit choppy/laggy on the tv, while it wasnt on the phone. I tried improving this with the tv settings menu with little results, but im no expert. Maybe it would've helped upgrading to the samsung dock cause it compliments the software better resulting in improving the video quality displayed on tv? Idk

But well since the s9+ is quite old anyway and my battery cappacity is below 75%, i was thinking of upgrading. Great hdmi output along with the upgrade would be sweet.

Currently im using my laptop (asus fx503vm-e4178t) instead, which is able to output fullhd at 60 hz also, and better then my phone does (clearer, no lagg). So upgrading to a flagship phone mainly for hdmi output might be a bit too much indeed.

I will keep an eye on the topics regarding the option of 'hacking' my tv. I never even knew about that, so thanks!
There is a thread specific for asking suggestions of what phone to get, based on your requirements. But I could not find it right now.

I have a new Smart TV, and at the time of purchase, I could of gone for bigger and Android as the OS (for cheaper!), but the picture quality was lower. Instead, I use the USB ports on the TV, and also my router can share media files (visible over WiFI by the TV), that are plugged into a USB port on the router, that has 4 USB sticks I had lying around, plugged into a USB hub. The benefit of having the TV play video directly itself, is that the up-scalling built into the TV is actually VERY surprisingly good. I was personally shocked at just how good the up-scaling was, and it made me a lot more comfortable with my choice (ie not going with an android TV).

Top Liked Posts