Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have a Galaxy Note 5 and I have important data in it. The screen is broken so I can't do anything, but I see recovery listed with a bunch of characters when I do
Code:
adb devices
. I can run some adb commands, adb root tells me I have root, I can do "id" inside of adb shell. Though, whenever I try running any twrp commands inside adb shell, it says "TWRP does not appear to be running. Waiting for TWRP to start."

What can I do here? I also see SAMSUNG Android under devices on this linux distro I'm running but I am getting an mtp error whenever I try connecting to it.
You have to enable in TWRP/Advanced Options/ADB Sideload so you can communicate with PC otherwise this won´t work, although the MTP is not working as a method to transfer files the ADB Sideload can work I mean you can´t open the device storage onto your PC but you´d need to put TWRP in this mode firstly, probably you can use some OTG mouse and again if this doesn´t need a previous authorization too from TWRP this would work.

Or reboot to system and if you allowed previously you might pull some files from it with adb. Also with device on most probably your device get listed in My/This PC directory.

tesiz22

May 8, 2021
Or reboot to system and if you allowed previously you might pull some files from it with adb. Also with device on most probably your device get listed in My/This PC directory.
Thank you, I am doing adb pull /dev/block/sdaX at the moment and it seems to be working!

I don't have a micro usb male - usb female dongle, so I don't think I'll be able to enable adb sideload. adb input won't work either.

tesiz22

May 8, 2021
Is there anyone here who uses SP Flash Tool on Linux? It flashes alright on Windows but it's always stuck at Download DA 100% whenever I'm on Linux.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
can anyone help me out here?
2 poin5s.

1. People dont follow YOU in particular, so have no idea what you are atalking about. When bumping a question, its best to include a quote of your question.
2. I think its a rule to wait 24hrs before bumping your own question. Remember, we are all in different time zones, and the person who could help you, may not read the thread every single day anyway. But those who do, get spammed with something they read less than 24hrs ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: SubwayChamp

tesiz22

May 8, 2021
Why is Magisk incompatible with some devices? I have an Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 3 10" 8079 and in an old thread I saw a user try to install it but to no avail. Kirito in response tells them it's not compatible with this device's boot.img. How is it not compatible?

Last edited:

jesudas

Mar 16, 2012
Dharwad
I have a very strange region issue in play store..... The thing is...
1) I wanted to register for Battlegrounds mobile india which is region specific gaming app.
2) But it shows that "This is not available in your country"
3) But my region is India it is already set up.
4) Some time back I have made a payment through gpay with vpn on and the country selected was Singapore
5) After digging a little bit I have found that I have 2 payment profiles in gpay one is with India region and another one is with Singapore
6) I have deleted a Singapore profile and made india one primary
7) Is this the impacting my region
8) Even I have deleted that profile still I am getting that same messages
9) My question is.. like in gpay is there any option I have in play store to choose my region.
10) I am not asking for region selection as I have attached SS it's already setup with my default region which is india.
Please shred light on it masters. need help need help urgently......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-104227_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210518-104227_Google_Play_Store.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210518-095540_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210518-095540_Google_Play_Store.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 14

Kostianka

May 18, 2021
Hello everyone. I've searched the forum but haven't find an answer to this question. If anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.
Here goes :
I've ordered a Mi 11 Ultra with a chinese rom. Before doing that, I asked what whas the difference between a chinese and global rom. The selling website helpline told me that the only difference was that chinese version only supports chinese and english, that's it. When the phone arrived, I needed to install google manually, impossible to use google pay or google assistant, and one third of the phone was still in chinese even when the phone was set to english.
So the helpline sent me a link to a video how to flash the chinese rom and install a global or EEA one. Which I did because it's not the first time, I'm pretty much used to that. But now, I still cannot use any google pay services or other programs, because the global rom cannot be re-locked. When you try to relock any other roms than the chinese, the device fails to boot.
We are talking about native chinese rom MIUI 12.5.6, and I've tried the EEA 12.0.6 and global 12.0.1 roms, impossible to lock.

Could anyone advise please ?

I would hate to be obliged to send the phone back, because it's quite a device :)

Anyway, thank you for your time or even for reading until that point !

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello everyone. I've searched the forum but haven't find an answer to this question. If anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.
Here goes :
I've ordered a Mi 11 Ultra with a chinese rom. Before doing that, I asked what whas the difference between a chinese and global rom. The selling website helpline told me that the only difference was that chinese version only supports chinese and english, that's it. When the phone arrived, I needed to install google manually, impossible to use google pay or google assistant, and one third of the phone was still in chinese even when the phone was set to english.
So the helpline sent me a link to a video how to flash the chinese rom and install a global or EEA one. Which I did because it's not the first time, I'm pretty much used to that. But now, I still cannot use any google pay services or other programs, because the global rom cannot be re-locked. When you try to relock any other roms than the chinese, the device fails to boot.
We are talking about native chinese rom MIUI 12.5.6, and I've tried the EEA 12.0.6 and global 12.0.1 roms, impossible to lock.

Could anyone advise please ?

I would hate to be obliged to send the phone back, because it's quite a device :)

Anyway, thank you for your time or even for reading until that point !
Well, sad news; you can't relock a Xiaomi device that came with Chinese ROM out of the box and while you are in RU, EEA, IN or Global ROM, you should need to return completely to its original state I mean the Chinese ROM.

Unfortunately the seller wasn't honest enough or they didn't know what thing are selling, the main three differences are:
- Chinese version comes with only English and Chinese language (as you said) but in some devices not all is translated fine.
- It doesn't come with Google Play Store and although there is some workaround it doesn't work as a certificate device.
- Chinese version receives update quickly and get support to bugs faster (I don know if this worth it the deal)

Maybe the seller may kindly change it for the Global version.

NyxV

May 18, 2021
Is it possible to use Samsung phone as usb webcam. (I'm talking about a situation that will work as a usb webcam when the usb cable is plugged in while the phone is turned off thanks to a code written on the kernel) thanks

IggyHiggins

May 19, 2021
Hi, total noob here
Anyone knows of a dialer as good as Miui's without any ads or in-app purchases, c compatible with Lenovo Duel?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Any attempt to root it or unlock it will trigger the Knox/security features and of course the warranty so if you want to stay in the safe side the most you can do by now to "get rid of" (not totally) is disable them using this method https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/ be careful to not disable essential apps, also surprisingly there is a lot of real (that I should call them) bloatware that can be uninstalled too.
Another possible method is to try removing the unwanted bloatware from the firmware file and then flash the modified firmware file, if the device will accept the modified firmware.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello,

Q: What is the correct (and simplest) way to install Samsung firmware updates?

Presently, I install the Samsung firmware using Odin (BL, AP, CP, CSC), then flash the TWRP (AP) with Odin, wipe everything, then install the custom ROM.

Is there a simpler way?

I mention that currently I am using a lineage GSI image as custom rom and that in the "Tremble app" it says it does not allow seemliness updates. By the way, what does that last part mean?
The only other simpler way to install updates is if your device has a built in OTA software update feature but this only works if your service provider has made the OTA update available to its users that own that device.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

thanhtacles

May 19, 2021
Where can I find the spec sheet for the IR blaster, on any phone really. I want to know what nanometer wavelength of IR light it's blasting, and thus far it's impossible to find.

felix121

May 20, 2021
HAVE A RED MAGIC 5G AFTER THE UPDATE MY NET SPEED ON 5G BECAME VERY BAD.........ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.....HEARD FROM SOMEONE THE UPDATE MIGHT HAVE LOWERED THE TRANSMISSION POWER OF THE ANTENNA.....THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP.....:)

zappigan

Apr 28, 2020
I have a question about naming conventions for packages in the Android platform source.

I understand that the path for something like "android.hardware.thermal@2.0.so" is "hardware/interface/thermal/2.0", but what about "android.hardware.health@2.0-impl-2.1-qti.so"?

Then there's packages like "vendor.qti.hardware.btconfigstore@1.0.vendor" which I understand is "vendor/qcom/opensource/interfaces/btconfigstore/1.0", but what is the ".vendor" at the end? does it include *@1.0.so, *@1.0-service, @1.0-impl, etc? (if those exist)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
HAVE A RED MAGIC 5G AFTER THE UPDATE MY NET SPEED ON 5G BECAME VERY BAD.........ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.....HEARD FROM SOMEONE THE UPDATE MIGHT HAVE LOWERED THE TRANSMISSION POWER OF THE ANTENNA.....THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP.....:)
Reset your APNs and then set it them again.

If not probably factory resetting will fix it, keep the update zip in a safe place firstly, if not repeating the process might do but this time over a clean/fresh software; re-flash the update zip after you factory reset it.

BIzZmarCk

May 21, 2021
Hello first things first I'm totally new to this forum and I'm posting my question cause I searched the internet for weeks now and I simply can't find a solution.
The long story befor is.... I got a blackview bv9600pro for free and wanted to put lineage os (GSI) onto it (cause the blackview software is packed full of bloatware) this worked quite well except for the sound so I thought.... maybe just try the never version los 18.1... but this completly destroyed the phone into a softbrick (I think it destroyed the boot.img). So to get it back running I needed to format&flash it with the sp-flashtool. But there might come in my problem... I Have no Backup !!! So I got the original IMG from the blackview Forum and used it.
So now I'm on the original blackview software.... needet to flash the imei back... working fine.... but now to the real Problem... The mic simply does not work anymore. Or at least thats what I thought. After a while of testing around I tested a mic test app and my mic seems to work fine in direct mode but not to work at all in comunication mode and basically all apps except for memo apps use comunication mode. So I dug in a little deeper and found that Blackview has its on "diagnostics" built in (I think in its recovery.img)..... so I did run that and everything has run well except it shows me my mic error "mic-spk loopback failed". So I dug in even deeper and if I'm not mistaken its used to loopback the mic cause many android devices have multiple mics but blackview cheaped out and only built in one. So my real and Final question is - does anyone have any idea how to fix my mic?
Thanks in Advance BIzZmarCk

Top Liked Posts