Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

mikarusan

Jan 28, 2013
jakarta
Do you have other device attached to PORT COM LPT? It may be causing conflicts.

Be sure to uninstall all the drivers you are not currently using and reinstall these https://www.xiaomidriversdownload.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-pro-usb-driver/ and these https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers

If it shows as MTP in device manager then the device is connecting and the drivers are installed. When you connect the device, do you see a pop-up message or a notification in the status bar asking you if you want onto grant access to your PC? Are you certain that you have the USB options in your device settings set up correctly?

Have you tried uninstalling the device drivers then restarting the PC then reinstall the drivers and restart the PC again?

Thanks guys for the reply.. and i've tried those suggestion..
I already found how to fix it..

I need to install Media Player Package from windows store.. since i'm using windows 10 "pro N" goshh. Taking 3 hours to search for the problem.. i didnt see my windows version since my little brother did buy and install it for me..
Tried adb driver usb bla bla bla.. even disabled signed nothing works.. LOL

Thanks alot!!! I'm very dumb!!!! How idiot i am goshh.. laughing at my ownself.. since i used to using windows 7-8 @.@

Sajid1500

Oct 14, 2021
I patched the twrp file with magisk and ran fastboot flash boot "patched file" in fastboot mode. Now, everytime I restart my phone, I get the twrp menu. Please help. My device is Lenovo tab 4 8(tb-8504f)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Is there a dedicated thread for Samsung Galaxy A52S (SM-A528B) the Indian Variant to be specific? If not Any Moderators can you please make one as it is an upgrade over the A52 and a midrange 5g best seller from samsung in recent months.
First, this thread is not where new device forum requests are supposed to be posted.

Second, there are criteria that must be met before a device gets its own forum here at XDA. Such as, there must be a lot of active development that has already been created for that device and it must be a popular device with a large community of active users/members here at XDA that own the device, just to name a few of the requirements, there are more requirements than just the ones I listed.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I patched the twrp file with magisk and ran fastboot flash boot "patched file" in fastboot mode. Now, everytime I restart my phone, I get the twrp menu. Please help. My device is Lenovo tab 4 8(tb-8504f)
I believe your command should have been:

fastboot flash recovery <name of patched recovery file>

But I'm not absolutely certain that command is right.

2pro2noob

Oct 2, 2021

Noob here,​

while trying to flash TWRP recovery on my realme2pro from Ubuntu 20.04LTS through the command

fastboot flash recovery '/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/recovery.img'​

got this error

target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32104 KB)...
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.000s

as you can see the recovery image is in the folder
/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/

Can anyone help?

IsThisAValidNameTag

Oct 15, 2021
So i unlocked my phone's bootloader (a redmi note 10s) and patched a patched version of the default os with magisk. After trying to flash the patched iso with fasboot, i get : https://pastebin.com/TRzUUR6s (size too large).

After some unsuccessful research, i deduced that my boot partition was probably too small. Do i have to resize my partitions or is there an other way around? Thanks in advance! (i'm UTC 0 so i might not reply straight away)

JonD79

Nov 11, 2013
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I’m looking for a way to programmatically turn the Google Photos “back up & sync” feature on and off at certain times to control when photos are uploaded from and downloaded/synced to my phone. I have Linux system administration experience, so I’m thinking cron jobs, but I know that’s different on Android and I’m not sure if we have API/programmatic access to that feature. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have a Pixel 2, and will probably stick with Pixels going forward, possibly OnePlus, but I am hoping for a solution for all Android phones.

An existing app, Tasker plugin, or similar would be great (though I haven't found one yet), but I'm also willing to try my hand at Android development.

Or, if there's no function/app to do that, is there a way to program a sequence of screen presses to accomplish it?

Thanks again!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I’m looking for a way to programmatically turn the Google Photos “back up & sync” feature on and off at certain times to control when photos are uploaded from and downloaded/synced to my phone. I have Linux system administration experience, so I’m thinking cron jobs, but I know that’s different on Android and I’m not sure if we have API/programmatic access to that feature. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have a Pixel 2, and will probably stick with Pixels going forward, possibly OnePlus, but I am hoping for a solution for all Android phones.

An existing app, Tasker plugin, or similar would be great (though I haven't found one yet), but I'm also willing to try my hand at Android development.

Or, if there's no function/app to do that, is there a way to program a sequence of screen presses to accomplish it?

Thanks again!
If you are rooted, CRON is available on android as well.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So i unlocked my phone's bootloader (a redmi note 10s) and patched a patched version of the default os with magisk. After trying to flash the patched iso with fasboot, i get : https://pastebin.com/TRzUUR6s (size too large).

After some unsuccessful research, i deduced that my boot partition was probably too small. Do i have to resize my partitions or is there an other way around? Thanks in advance! (i'm UTC 0 so i might not reply straight away)
Are you sure that RN10s has two partitions and not only one, it seems you targeted to the slot A instead of target to the plain boot partition…
And the boot usually has an image extension (img) not an ISO, check it again.
Regards the size of the image, it could be around 32/64 MB, not many more than that.

Applecheek

Oct 20, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Good day all I have a few questions regarding the Samsung galaxy s7 and the tethering business... (i have tethered using pdanet before but it was over 6 years ago so i need a little help lol)

1. Is pdanet still working on this phone?

2. if it is then will pdanet still a viable option or is there something much better that I can use?

3. I'm using MetroPCS on a galaxy s7 so will I have any hiccups?

Oct 1, 2021
Hi. I searched the forum a bit and can’t seem to find any posts on my new phone yet. I want to make sure it’s okay to create a thread somewhere to discuss this model of android that was just released Oct 9/2021.

it’s the Titan Pocket, by Unihertz. Shape of a blackberry Q10, but with android 11 and many of the premium features found in the blackberry Key2 (not key2 LE)

I want to open discussion on my experience and see if anyone else has gotten one yet. Maybe lead into discussion about flashing a new OS like Lineage or something to it.

I only found a few posts about Unihertz but they’re for other phones by them.

Question being - where should I start a thread? Or, since I’m new to forums, can someone direct me to a thread already discussing this phone? Since it’s not branded a blackberry I think it deserves a category of its own and not to be thrown into the blackberry forum. Am I on the right train of thought here? Thanks

YanaMur

Jul 20, 2019
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Greetings. Help me out here. Need to put Xposed on Meizy m3 note.
Rooted through settings, security settings have "root" button.
But can not activate xposed. I have tried different versions, no luck. I am attaching a photo of the error.
Приветствую. Помогите разобраться. Нужно поставить Xposed на Meizy m3 note.
Сделала рут через настройки, в настройках безопасности есть кнопка "root".
Но не могу активировать xposed. Пробовала разные версии, не получается никак. Прикрепляю фото ошибки.

Attachments

• 16349784572215309419140953932805.jpg
    16349784572215309419140953932805.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Но не могу активировать xposed. Пробовала разные версии, не получается никак. Прикрепляю фото ошибки.
The forum rules require your posts to be posted in English at the top of your post. You can still post in your native language but the English must be at the top of your post and then below that you can post in your native language.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Greetings. Help me out here. Need to put Xposed on Meizy m3 note.
Rooted through settings, security settings have "root" button.
But can not activate xposed. I have tried different versions, no luck. I am attaching a photo of the error.
@YanaMur

As courtesy, I've translated your post above. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Russian posts. Thanks for your cooperation!
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
The forum rules require your posts to be posted in English at the top of your post. You can still post in your native language but the English must be at the top of your post and then below that you can post in your native language.
@Droidriven Just a very small request. Please only report such posts! This will allow us to immediately add a translation as courtesy to the benefit of all users; and we'll simultaneously make aware about the rules. Tanks very much for your cooperation.

Oct 1, 2021
Hi. Can I put a GSI of lineage OS 17 on a phone running android 11? I read some articles on other sites about flashing lineage onto any treble supported android. But those articles were for android 10. Hoping I can follow the same set of instructions and get lineage on my phone.

Edgaxd

Apr 25, 2019
Hello, after changing battery on mi max 3 i cant change brightness in OS and in TWRP. Tried updating to latest xiaomi.eu rom and reinstalled magisk. When i turn phone, before bootload MI logo flashes is full brightness and as system loads brightness goes to low instantly. Anyone had similar issue?

Attachments

• VID_20211025_210528.mp4
    64.3 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts