Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi recently started building custom Roms I tried EvolutionX for RMX1851 and I found this error =

Warning: An API level of 1000 is not supported by this compiler. Please use an API level of 32 or earlier
13:52:22 ninja failed with: exit status 1

How can I fix this error please explain it more depth cause i have no idea what to do thanks for your help
You are using an incorrect API. You need to use API 32 or lower.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi recently started building custom Roms I tried EvolutionX for RMX1851 and I found this error =

Warning: An API level of 1000 is not supported by this compiler. Please use an API level of 32 or earlier
13:52:22 ninja failed with: exit status 1

How can I fix this error please explain it more depth cause i have no idea what to do thanks for your help
You should get better spport on one of the ROM dev threads. Such as:

On face value, I have never heard of any API 1000 (i think android is still in the 30's), so there appears to be something borked with your config or compile options.

Also, as a general rule when posting loooong logs, you would be better off posting to a text hosting website such as https://freetexthost.net/n instead of expecting someone wishing to help, to scan through a screenshot.

Last edited:

Cykeek

May 13, 2022
You should get better spport on one of the ROM dev threads. Such as:

On face value, I have never heard of any API 1000 (i think android is still in the 30's), so there appears to be something borked with your config or compile options.

Also, as a general rule when posting loooong logs, you would be better off posting to a text hosting website such as https://freetexthost.net/n instead of expecting someone wishing to help, to scan through a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot (173).png
    Screenshot (173).png
    119.9 KB · Views: 12

MassiveAtom

Jul 14, 2019
I've been considering to purchase a secondhand Oneplus 7T, and the difference in price between a carrier locked and unlocked one is enough that I've been considering how I would unlock a locked device, but unable to find the info I need exactly. It seems to me that most of the locked OP 7Ts are from T-mobile, so I'll be focusing on that.
The steps on T-mobile's site says basically the following:
1. There are some eligibility requirements. If you haven't met them, you're out of luck (I assume I should then try my hands at one of the paid options locally to try it for me, but that costs enough that if it comes to that, I'd be better of just buying unlocked, and the fact that it's not something that's guaranteed to work makes this not an option it should come to).
2. If you meet the requirements, just go to `Settings > Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network, then choose Advanced or Network Unlock` and select permanent unlock.

What I want to know is if I need to be connected to T-Mobile while doing so. If I purchase a locked device, and it arrives, can I just insert a sim from another carrier and do these steps? (I am from another country which doesn't have T-mobile, so that wouldn't be an option for me)
I __assume__ I can contact their customer support and try it via there, but what do you think my chances are of being able to do that, as a non-TMobile client?

Another thing I've considered is messaging the seller to see if they're willing to go to through the steps for me, and I'll throw in a bit extra money if they unlock it for me. For that to work, I do need to know if there are additional steps besides the 2 outlined above. Is it just those 2 things and some waiting?

Fytdyh

I've been considering to purchase a secondhand Oneplus 7T, and the difference in price between a carrier locked and unlocked one is enough that I've been considering how I would unlock a locked device, but unable to find the info I need exactly. It seems to me that most of the locked OP 7Ts are from T-mobile, so I'll be focusing on that.
1. There are some eligibility requirements. If you haven't met them, you're out of luck (I assume I should then try my hands at one of the paid options locally to try it for me, but that costs enough that if it comes to that, I'd be better of just buying unlocked, and the fact that it's not something that's guaranteed to work makes this not an option it should come to).
2. If you meet the requirements, just go to `Settings > Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network, then choose Advanced or Network Unlock` and select permanent unlock.

What I want to know is if I need to be connected to T-Mobile while doing so. If I purchase a locked device, and it arrives, can I just insert a sim from another carrier and do these steps? (I am from another country which doesn't have T-mobile, so that wouldn't be an option for me)
I __assume__ I can contact their customer support and try it via there, but what do you think my chances are of being able to do that, as a non-TMobile client?

Another thing I've considered is messaging the seller to see if they're willing to go to through the steps for me, and I'll throw in a bit extra money if they unlock it for me. For that to work, I do need to know if there are additional steps besides the 2 outlined above. Is it just those 2 things and some waiting?
From what I gather, seems that there are phones than can be unlocked and phones that cant be unlocked. Given the previous owner wants to sell the phone overseas, it's his duty to unlock the phone. Now I don't suggest buying a locked smartphone to US, it will be just a headache to get it unlocked in Europe or any other country. The owner has to unlock it before selling it.

Craigdarrell

Aug 25, 2017
OK very new here....i read the posts and i have searched and have come up with nothing. Let me start by saying that i was screwed over by someone when getting this New Galaxy Z Flip 3 phone. Apparently from what i can gather is that this person did not send in a trade in device to samsung when purchasing a this Z flip from them. I found on their website that when you do a trade in device to get your new phone at a discounted price that if you don't send in that trade in, samsung reserves the right to remotely disable the new device that you bought (see attachments). Well now i have a locked phone and i cannot get it unlocked and i have called samsung and they will not do anything about it. I REALLY don't want to be out the money that i spent on this phone so i am hoping that there is a way to get around this by some sort of root or flash or something. And again I have searched everywhere and can't even find anything out on how to remove this lock or whatever it is.

IMG_20220517_130832.jpg IMG_20220517_130852.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt

Buy an unlocked international version of the device.

Fytdyh

OK very new here....i read the posts and i have searched and have come up with nothing. Let me start by saying that i was screwed over by someone when getting this New Galaxy Z Flip 3 phone. Apparently from what i can gather is that this person did not send in a trade in device to samsung when purchasing a this Z flip from them. I found on their website that when you do a trade in device to get your new phone at a discounted price that if you don't send in that trade in, samsung reserves the right to remotely disable the new device that you bought (see attachments). Well now i have a locked phone and i cannot get it unlocked and i have called samsung and they will not do anything about it. I REALLY don't want to be out the money that i spent on this phone so i am hoping that there is a way to get around this by some sort of root or flash or something. And again I have searched everywhere and can't even find anything out on how to remove this lock or whatever it is.View attachment 5616589View attachment 5616591
My advice would be getting a lawyer. Unlocking and messing with a device requires a responsive device. Seems to me you are quite locked out of yours. So get a lawyer and get your money back. Or get a deal with Samsung. Trade your phone for something else.

ltk6260

May 4, 2022
Hi all! i'm playing around with these at&t calypso (tinno u318aa) trying to use mtkclient to unlock bootloader. i found this thread ( https://xdaforums.com/t/what-is-this-calypso-a318uu.4372081/#post-86278703 ) but i don't know and can't get, the phone into brum mode for mtkclient to recognize it.
ideally i'd love to get something like lineageos or another lightweight rom on there.
anyone have more experience with mtkclient and could help me understand brom mode?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi all! i'm playing around with these at&t calypso (tinno u318aa) trying to use mtkclient to unlock bootloader. i found this thread ( https://xdaforums.com/t/what-is-this-calypso-a318uu.4372081/#post-86278703 ) but i don't know and can't get, the phone into brum mode for mtkclient to recognize it.
ideally i'd love to get something like lineageos or another lightweight rom on there.
anyone have more experience with mtkclient and could help me understand brom mode?
To send device to BROM mode, you should follow this thread, apply only what is for your specific device and what is for any mtk device.

Fytdyh

Hi I cannot find an app that can root infinix hot 4 lite I've tried many of them and they have all failed
Get stock rom, extract the boot image, patched it with magisk and see if you can flash it with mediatek flash tool. Some old mediatek inexpensive smartphones might have a more lenient bootloader, allowing you to flash a patched boot image without unlocking the bootloader. If this does not work, unlock the bootloader and try again. This time should definitely work

ltk6260

May 4, 2022
To send device to BROM mode, you should follow this thread, apply only what is for your specific device and what is for any mtk device.
hey subway thanks for writing me. When you say "follow this thread", which thread are you talking about? In the thread i linked, it mentions holding both power buttons down and then connecting the usb cable. I tried that.
thank you for your help!!

Anon1onexp

May 18, 2022
Get stock rom, extract the boot image, patched it with magisk and see if you can flash it with mediatek flash tool. Some old mediatek inexpensive smartphones might have a more lenient bootloader, allowing you to flash a patched boot image without unlocking the bootloader. If this does not work, unlock the bootloader and try again. This time should definitely work
Thank you sir, will try it out

Fytdyh

My phone is sm-n975u.
My question;
Somebody in my neighborhood clone to my phone how do I figure out who it is any ideas? I can hear them talking about what I'm looking at and I can hear them reading my texts and phone calls nearby.
thanks ,
Redderk,
aka: Fifty15O
What are you describing would imply that person has a way of seeing your phone screen. Did you left your phone unattended? See if you have some third party app you don't recognize. If you don't have root, beside the apps you have installed yourself, uninstall everything else. Without root access, you cannot uninstall a system app.

Hello. I recently bought an HTC Dream Developer phone 1. Do I understand correctly that I can run any firmware on it without a goldencard?
Wiki quote:
The consumer version of the T-Mobile G1 has been tivoized (the user does not have full access to the firmware and cannot download the unofficial version of the firmware). But especially for developers of applications for Android, a non-titized version of this phone was released - Android Dev Phone 1. The model is slightly different from the consumer design of the case, it was sold without binding to a SIM card...

Top Liked Posts