Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
i searched this thread without getting any applicable results although i'd bet $ this has been asked before :
i have a non-responsive galaxy s-4. well it turns on but with a black screen.
no key-combos seem to do anything.
is there some way , a program or something that will pull data (songs and pics) from it?
Did you have USB debugging enabled? I assume the device is rooted? If both are yes, try this.

Or this

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

Henki98

Nov 13, 2016
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hope it's not a stupid question. But I would like to understand why adopting a processor made by TSMC should lead to less thermal throttling respect a processor manufactured by Samsung. I would like to delve into the question and really understand what the problem is. Because as a noob I think that Samsung simply uses a very poor quality silicon. But it can't just be that, and as an noob I think it's the very structure of different processor. But as a stupid it seems impossible to me because an engineer at Samsung and an engineer at TSMC should have the same design skills, so realistically those who create processors or any other component for smartphones or PCs must use the same machines if not industries to produce the components. And among other things, I think that the structure of the processor cannot vary enormously, also because the design of the processor is studied by Qualcomm and the snap 8gen1 cannot differ enormously in structure by snap 8gen1 plus. Because it's just a plus ".

I hope I haven't asked too stupid a question but I would really like to understand why Qualcomm's latest processors suffer from thermal throttling. And it seems absurd to me that they simply pass by Samsung at TSMC solves this question.So I would like a satisfactory answer and I don't care if you get into complicated speeches that I wouldn't understand. Because I want to understand them thanks.
All of this angers me, because I wish the problem was simply software optimization.Because at least that can be bridged by smart amateur developers. But if the problem is technical and structural and Switching from Samsung to TSMC will upset things, honestly I it would make a lot of anger. Why is it wrong to play with customers' money.

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
On a kind of similar note to that previous question, I've been trying to do a backup w/ titanium backup today. For some reason when I try to do any action, it successfully executes the action and then crashes (which obviously makes batch actions impossible). Anyone have an idea of what might be going on? I know titanium backup works on my device since I've used it before and done several large batch backups a couple months back (and have generally used titanium on the device for probably 2 years now). I haven't updated the rom, kernel, or magisk since then so I'm at a loss for what could be causing the crashing. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app and clearing cache/davik cache partitions.
It seems you have jinxed me tried to download it today and when i open it keeps crashing ... looking at what we have in common it has to be magisk i think whas causing this?

edit: i just uninstalled magisk and reinstalled it didnt work titanium back up wont start up?

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hope it's not a stupid question. But I would like to understand why adopting a processor made by TSMC should lead to less thermal throttling respect a processor manufactured by Samsung. I would like to delve into the question and really understand what the problem is. Because as a noob I think that Samsung simply uses a very poor quality silicon. But it can't just be that, and as an noob I think it's the very structure of different processor. But as a stupid it seems impossible to me because an engineer at Samsung and an engineer at TSMC should have the same design skills, so realistically those who create processors or any other component for smartphones or PCs must use the same machines if not industries to produce the components. And among other things, I think that the structure of the processor cannot vary enormously, also because the design of the processor is studied by Qualcomm and the snap 8gen1 cannot differ enormously in structure by snap 8gen1 plus. Because it's just a plus ".

I hope I haven't asked too stupid a question but I would really like to understand why Qualcomm's latest processors suffer from thermal throttling. And it seems absurd to me that they simply pass by Samsung at TSMC solves this question.So I would like a satisfactory answer and I don't care if you get into complicated speeches that I wouldn't understand. Because I want to understand them thanks.
All of this angers me, because I wish the problem was simply software optimization.Because at least that can be bridged by smart amateur developers. But if the problem is technical and structural and Switching from Samsung to TSMC will upset things, honestly I it would make a lot of anger. Why is it wrong to play with customers' money.
It is a matter of differences in architecture and optimization along with differences in material and manufacturing process. Also, it may not even be a matter of hardware that is the cause of throttling, it could be built-in code throttling the CPU to keep temps down and increase the longevity of the device. It could also be a matter of built-in code being used for controlled, planned obscelecense over time to encourage the user to buy a new device.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

I think a big issue in the design of these small devices is dissipating the heat that is generated ins such a compact unit. If like a computer, fins and fans were able to be placed in/on the device, then thermal throttling would not be an issue. There have been many break-out ideas by one manufacturer or another that have managed to solve this issue. Some better than others.

On my desktop PC I have an overclocked CPU, and as such have a top of the line (near silent) cooling fan to compensate.

A few years back I had a phone that would get very hot during certain long processes, so I would place the phone on a stone surface or glass FACE DOWN, that made a huge difference, because the heat could be dissipated through the screen and soaked into the table. A shiny smooth surface is a poor dissipator of heat to the air, so its trapped and builds. In short, all devices generate heat, some devices dissipate it better.

emk2203

Sep 2, 2011
My S10+ broke recently. It was a German phone with DBT firmware.

I was able to get a replacement, but the new one is a phone originally from Austria. I tried to reflash and reset it completely by downloading the newest DBT firmware and flashing it with ODIN. I used the CSC file (not HOME_CSC) for complete reset, but it still starts with the setup for Austria.

Is there anything I can do to have it behave like a genuine German-bought phone? Usually, it wouldn't matter much, but Samsung Pay isn't installable on the new phone because it is not from Germany.

Qbsoon

Jul 20, 2016
Hi!
On my local market I see many used phones that were locked by carrier, because someone didn't paid all installments. They are cheap (like even 300$ for galaxy s21 ultra), so it'd be interesting to buy one and break this lock, but I don't know where to start and if it is even possible. I'm familiar with flashing and all of that, but with this meesage on-screen I propably can't do anything. I attached an example.

Attachments

• 2905b6a14348b008803bbdd5691c.jpg
    2905b6a14348b008803bbdd5691c.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Hey guys

After downloading titanium back up whenever i try to open it it just crashes each time? i tried uninstalling magisk and reinstalling but this did not work ?
currently running magisk v23 and android 11 havoc.

any idea what could cause something like this ?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys

After downloading titanium back up whenever i try to open it it just crashes each time? i tried uninstalling magisk and reinstalling but this did not work ?
currently running magisk v23 and android 11 havoc.

any idea what could cause something like this ?
Try first uninstalling it, wiping all caches and dalvik, through recovery, then erase all the TB related files/folders from your internal and external directory.

Reactions: mstrnemo

Fytdyh

Hi!
On my local market I see many used phones that were locked by carrier, because someone didn't paid all installments. They are cheap (like even 300$ for galaxy s21 ultra), so it'd be interesting to buy one and break this lock, but I don't know where to start and if it is even possible. I'm familiar with flashing and all of that, but with this meesage on-screen I propably can't do anything. I attached an example.
Don't buy something like this, because for sure you won't be able to unlock it. You need a working and resposive phone in order to unlock it and flash stuff. So unless you have an official Samsung terminal and account, don't buy those devices.

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Try first uninstalling it, wiping all caches and dalvik, through recovery, then erase all the TB related files/folders from your internal and external directory.
Just to be sure and confirm i go to twrp-wipe - select cache and dalvik and wipe correct?
I did that and then re downloaded titanium back up and it did not work ?

i am running android 11 official havoc os, microg and magisk v23

one more thing couple of days ago i downloaded the official twrp app through the store and it acted very weird would crash and whatnot and now i download titanium and it doesnt even want to open.

I know for a fact it has worked on my phone when i installed it a couple of months ago

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Just to be sure and confirm i go to twrp-wipe - select cache and dalvik and wipe correct?
I did that and then re downloaded titanium back up and it did not work ?

i am running android 11 official havoc os, microg and magisk v23

one more thing couple of days ago i downloaded the official twrp app through the store and it acted very weird would crash and whatnot and now i download titanium and it doesnt even want to open.

I know for a fact it has worked on my phone when i installed it a couple of months ago
Also, erase all the files and folders related to TB, install the TB add-on, it's the manager to get the app running well, don't forget to allow permissions when prompted.

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
Is there an easy way to change Xiaomi's default file manager? I want to use a different one as to use the default I have to have MIUI optimizations enabled which is disabled for a multitude of reasons but breaks the app when I am trying to attach files/photos in certain apps.

Clearlee

Sep 9, 2017
Hell
Moto G Stylus
Trying to find the appropriate place to post this question.
Why are there no tweakable modem/tuner-recivier/ LTE-4G-5G-GSM-CDMA posts or questions?
Seems to me tuneable connectivity would be a top priority to me? What good is a custom device if you can't dial it in to your providers network and transmission bands especially if you are traveling the world or just need to improve your reception and transmission in a weak area and so on ?
There is little or no discussion here on this seemingly important topic...JS

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Is there an easy way to change Xiaomi's default file manager? I want to use a different one as to use the default I have to have MIUI optimizations enabled which is disabled for a multitude of reasons but breaks the app when I am trying to attach files/photos in certain apps.
First time you will be prompted t select a file manager, anyway, you also can choose to open with Google File Manager.

Top Liked Posts