[help thread] [ask any question] [noob friendly]

Search This thread

Akash Raj1

Aug 5, 2017
Villupuram
I've tried but it didn't work like it does in op6 but you must be knowing dolby atmos can do the same job.
Even with Dolby Atmos, I feel like having very low volume especially when travelling (ambient noise is high). Anyway thanks for replying.

Edit: I found a file named mixer_paths_qrd_skuh.xml under vendor > ETC. There was some lines like RX1, RX2, RX3 Digital volume, all set to default value of 84 and I edited them to be 89. After a reboot, I notice slightly increased volume. So can somebody tell me whether I was correct or I am just under the placebo effect?

Last edited:
Reactions: ridersam

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Edit: I found a file named mixer_paths_qrd_skuh.xml under vendor > ETC. There was some lines like RX1, RX2, RX3 Digital volume, all set to default value of 84 and I edited them to be 89. After a reboot, I notice slightly increased volume. So can somebody tell me whether I was correct or I am just under the placebo effect?
looks like you're correct. if you increase them and experience distorted sound, then yes, that's correct file to edit (imo).

Reactions: Akash Raj1
Even with Dolby Atmos, I feel like having very low volume especially when travelling (ambient noise is high). Anyway thanks for replying.

that seems correct and I appreciate that you posted the same thing here.

samm28

Apr 8, 2018
I flash new custom ROMs every now and then. But problem arises when I install needed apps from play store or Sd card because it takes much time to install and the process is tiresome. In twrp there is a backup option. Can I backup those apps and restore with without much effort after flashing a new Rom? Or there is another simpler way to get rid off the trouble of installing those much needed apps?

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
I flash new custom ROMs every now and then. But problem arises when I install needed apps from play store or Sd card because it takes much time to install and the process is tiresome. In twrp there is a backup option. Can I backup those apps and restore with without much effort after flashing a new Rom? Or there is another simpler way to get rid off the trouble of installing those much needed apps?
Titanium backup or Helium.

hsj51

Aug 26, 2017
Pune
hrutvik.tk
Hello guys, I'm new to XDA forums. I'm wishing to flash a custom Oreo ROM. But I don't know which ROM to choose:confused:. I want good performance, good battery life, and voLTE support.
I personally found these roms useful:
Lineage OS
AOSP
Pixel experience

(Fixes for known issues in all roms )
For good battery life use : PBH
For good sound quality use :
Dolby Atmos or viper 4 android
(Search Google for links and installation process)

Akash Raj1

Aug 5, 2017
Villupuram
I have a very noobish and unrelated question to our device. Sometimes due to manual error, I have encountered some bootloops or screen struck at lenovo logo. Since our device has removable battery, I just remove & place the battery again and press volume power button combinations to access recovery mode. But nowadays most devices come with sealed batteries, so what should one do in case there is any bootloop or screen struck issues after flashing?

adinechin

I have a very noobish and unrelated question to our device. Sometimes due to manual error, I have encountered some bootloops or screen struck at lenovo logo. Since our device has removable battery, I just remove & place the battery again and press volume power button combinations to access recovery mode. But nowadays most devices come with sealed batteries, so what should one do in case there is any bootloop or screen struck issues after flashing?
The best way is to use the following combinations :
- press power and Vol+ and Vol - during more than 10 seconds. You should have first a black glowing screen, do it again and you'll reboot to recovery
- press power and Vol- during more than 10 seconds you should reboot to fastboot

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus using XDA Labs

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
- press power and Vol+ and Vol - during more than 10 seconds. You should have first a black glowing screen, do it again and you'll reboot to recovery
- press power and Vol- during more than 10 seconds you should reboot to fastboot
No no, he didn't ask how to get into recovery, but thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The devices which come with a sealed battery *should* reset themselves by long pressing power button because this is a feature of an ACPI system. To this date I've never encountered devices with sealed batteries that won't reboot bu long pressing the power button.

The K5 doesn't reboot itself this way, probably bcoz of implementation.

Akash Raj1

Aug 5, 2017
Villupuram
The devices which come with a sealed battery *should* reset themselves by long pressing power button because this is a feature of an ACPI system. To this date I've never encountered devices with sealed batteries that won't reboot bu long pressing the power button.

The K5 doesn't reboot itself this way, probably bcoz of implementation.
Thanks dude for clarification:eek:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply though you didn't understand my question.

adinechin

No no, he didn't ask how to get into recovery, but thanks anyway.

Thanks for the reply though you didn't understand my question.
I think I understood the question, I was just saying that on my side I don't remove the battery anymore in the case of such bootloops or problems : I do the following combinations to get "back on my feet"

And every phone as such procedures

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus using XDA Labs

ghst7

Dec 3, 2013
Sony Xperia SP
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Tl: Dr - device not waking up/showing notifications when is supposed to be

Hello guys, hopefully someone could give me some insight about it, I've just got this phone seconded handed from my brother, I've not installed TWRP or any rom yet. Just update to the latest stock firmware 6.0.1.

And the only issue that I have is that the device seems to be in deep sleep and will not wake up when is supposed to, for instance when the time in the morning come the alarm clock will not trigger or when some app receive a notification it will not actually make any sound, only when I wake it up by turning the screen on that it will show the delayed notification, is this a common issue and does someone knows how to fix/improve this?

Sent from my A6020l36 using XDA Labs

in that case holding the power button for few seconds does the work.

Hello guys, hopefully someone could give me some insight about it, I've just got this phone seconded handed from my brother, I've not installed TWRP or any rom yet. Just update to the latest stock firmware 6.0.1.

And the only issue that I have is that the device seems to be in deep sleep and will not wake up when is supposed to, for instance when the time in the morning come the alarm clock will not trigger or when some app receive a notification it will not actually make any sound, only when I wake it up by turning the screen on that it will show the delayed notification, is this a common issue and does someone knows how to fix/improve this?
no it doesn't seem like a common issue, may be kinda new firmware bug. I'd suggest you to flash a good custom rom along with a custom kernel if you're not good with the stock one.
prolly, custom roms are way better than vibe ui any day.

mronak02

Mar 8, 2018

I have faced similar issue on 5.1.1 and after changing sim card itgot solved. I don't what happened. But I faced issue when I was using only one simple card. I tried to find solutions on google.but can't find any solution. And suddenly when I inserted second sim card it got solvedd. Can't assure will it work for you or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    typically reply under an hour

edit: if other members knows the solution who comes across any query in this thread then please help each other, every single help is appreciated.
    Volte is not working in any other rom in my device a6020a46 although volte provisioned flag is on plzz help me
    first make sure that you were on latest vibe ui firmware (s105) then came to custom rom, if you've done so then,
    create an ims setting in Access Point Names and very few build have working volte... if you weren't on latest firmware, then i'll get you the link for latest firmware along with working, safe and easy guide to flash latest firmware
    Can you tell me how much time it took to boot into twrp
    4-5 seconds
    The twrp 3.1.0 by shreps(https://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-3-0-2-0-lenovo-vibe-k5-t3391100) for my Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus(A6020a46 3GB model) doesnt work properly.... I installed the iamge via adb, but when the recovery boots up...it shows a black screen..plz tell me how to install that twrp:crying:
    I've the same model, working fine with me, so let me tell you what I'd done..
    downloaded the recovery from moto.shreps.fr by choosing my device and the last 3.1.0 build and renamed it to twrp.img
    try the same and first, boot this twrp temporarily using

fastboot boot twrp.img

if twrp works then return to fast boot and flash using

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

done. ?
    Yes I Already did that as i have told you its working in AICP but not in any other rom and one more thing in AICP everything is working good except what'sapp it showing me an error 'unable to backup messages' i am not able to take backup of what'sapp
    is that problem persisting during backup or restoration?
    if you're having problem in restoration then
    Decide which backup file you want to restore.
    3. Rename that file from "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt" to "msgstore.db.crypt"
    4. Install WhatsApp
    5. When asked to restore, tap [Restore]