• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HELP THREAD] Ask any questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

Sudhangshu

Hello guys. I'm using redmi note 3 running on miui 9 beta version. I just wanted to know is there any way to install third party themes. If there's some way to use it and rock the device kindly guys let me know. I have been using rn3 for quite a long and loved miui for its varieties of themes still do but I'm a little taken back when I get to know that there no more 3 rd party theme in MIUI 9 but I hope you guys have some sort of trick to get 3rd party themes, so that's my reason to post. Kindly friends leave some comment or info on the topic. Thanks a lot to everyone out there. Thanks you guys and gals.

Zagash27

Dec 6, 2013
Hey!

I need help choosing a custom ROM, as I feel I was left behind with MIUI. There might not be a ROM that fulfills all my needs, but I really feel like I have to change. I am only considering Nougat ROMs, but I am listing what I need:

- I am very interested in gaming performance.

- The main thing for me is stability, but I can't live without costumization options like OMS (and that's why I am reluctant to change to LineageOS, using substratum in legacy mode is a pain)

- I play Pokemon GO often, so I really need a ROM that allows me to play the game without Magisk and such (used it a year ago but always felt I was playing a cat and mouse game with Safety Net), or at least allows me to play after I unroot, as I don't really need rooting.

- I prefer an official ROM, as they are supported frequently and for longer (that is why I am not after customized LOS). I would love OTA updates, but I understand ROMs for our terminal don't have this feature.

Thanks for your time and help!

sauddawal12

Dec 7, 2017
Hi , I'm using Google pixel 2 ROM in my device
It's was awesome ROM bt sometimes Google camera bug is there when I open Google camera my device will be lagging and automatically restart the phone .so, any solution for this issue plz help me guys

G

GuestD1092

Should I flash my Stock Rom before flashing a Custom Rom everytime?

I am asking this question because I flashed Pixel Experience Rom on my Redmi Note 3(running Stock Rom) and everything worked fine. Then, I changed to Nitrogen Os (after using Pixel Experience for a couple of days). After a few days I thought of going back to Pixel Experience and I flashed it. This time everything started crashing. Camera wasn't opening at all. I thought it has something to do with flashing it after using another Custom Rom instead of the Stock Rom.

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Just wanted to know if I can flash stock kernel on a custom ROM. If so, how can I do that?

MHasan001

Mar 25, 2017
Dhaka
I am On NOS Oreo latest build. My phone suddenly turns off at 14/15 % showing 0% battery. When i turn it back on, it again show 14/15% battery level and turns off again. So, i flashed miui 9 latest to see if there is battery issue. But in miui, it doesn't turn off. Please, help. I am getting about 6:30 hrs of SOT with that 85% battery.

zimmbadroid

Nov 8, 2011
Vitez
Google Pixel 6
I am On NOS Oreo latest build. My phone suddenly turns off at 14/15 % showing 0% battery. When i turn it back on, it again show 14/15% battery level and turns off again. So, i flashed miui 9 latest to see if there is battery issue. But in miui, it doesn't turn off. Please, help. I am getting about 6:30 hrs of SOT with that 85% battery.
Using NOS too but no shutdowns here whatsoever. Are you using stock kernel? Any modifications?

dilipvokkaliga

Mar 7, 2018
The MIUI doesn't have a good audio control.
Very bad notification management.

1. no separate notification audio control.
2. The ringtone and the notification audio level remains the same inside the ear while using the headphones and it is very dangerous to ears.
3. Suppose you reduce the ringtone level while on headset mode, the ringtone level remains the same even after unplugging the headset.

Is there any way I can bypass these issues.

sotoLOTO-

Nov 8, 2015
Why on earth did they remove automated tasks in the new rom v9? It was there in v8 but now it's dead?

Why would you troll your users like that? It was an insanely helpful feature, for which you normally need root. Why on this planet, why? To say the least ... this is simply f'n stpd.....

aniketpbh

Feb 27, 2018
Pratapgarh
Hey there,
I am using Pixel Rom in my Redmi Note 3. I am facing issue with VoLTE video calling . Normal volte calling is working fine but VoLTE video calling is not working. Is there any way to fix it. Because i love this custom rom and i dont want to loose it.
Help me out.

panu09

Aug 2, 2016
Hey there,
I am using Pixel Rom in my Redmi Note 3. I am facing issue with VoLTE video calling . Normal volte calling is working fine but VoLTE video calling is not working. Is there any way to fix it. Because i love this custom rom and i dont want to loose it.
Help me out.
No one will help you... U need to learn searching any oreo rom thread... Because volte video call is not working in any oreo rom
..use miui if u want video call badly

Hi guys. I have a Redmi Note 3 SD and I find the device incredibly good. But I have a problem with it that has been very annoying: when I listen to music via Bluetooth after a certain time the audio comes out as if it were a few meters away from the sound, and even though I'm in front of the audio, it comes out like this. I've tried changing the kernel but nothing fixes and other devices play quietly in the sound, which is a Panasonic AKX-600. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
Thank you in advance!

PS: Excuse my English, I'm using the translator because I'm Brazilian and I do not speak English fluently, besides being new to XDA

sotoLOTO-

Nov 8, 2015
Why on earth did they remove automated tasks in the new rom v9? It was there in v8 but now it's dead?

Why would you troll your users like that? It was an insanely helpful feature, for which you normally need root. Why on this planet, why? To say the least ... this is simply f'n stpd.....

OK... and any idea? Is it possible to restore it somehow or do we have to wait for these lads are Xiaomi to get their stuff together and return this useful tool?

shubhampshirbhayye

Aug 14, 2017
Hey there
I stucked with no service issue in my Kenzo..I tried many custom roms even miui..bt all helpless
Currently I am on resurrection remix os..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
    2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
    3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
    4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
    5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    i have REDMI NOTE 3 KENZO SNAPDRAGON VERSION 3GB
    RUNNING ON latest global stable miui 8.1.1.0, android 6.0.1
    i have zc -x recovery ( unlocked officially and rooted)
    now
    Q1) if i want to backup my rom which partitions should i select, in case of if i made any mistake and want to restore?
    like if i flashed some wrong zip, and now facing bootloop
    To get rid of bootloop, i can use twrp backup?
    Q2) in case if i dont have twrp backup, and want to flash fastboot rom but dont want to lose internal storage? what should i do, there is no option for clean_all_except_storage.bat? in mi flash tool latest one

i do not to erase my internal everytime i flash with mi flash tool

Q3) if i can access twrp and want to copy backup from computer or otg how can i do it?
    because if i attach phone in recovery mode, it is not showing my device internal storage in my pc! just showing phone is attached under adb interface

thank you
    For question 1
    Do the backup of all the partitions, but while restoring *very important* UNCHECK firmware_emmc and firmware_ROM or you'll end up bricking your device and loosing all the data on the internal storage and only MiFlash will save you

Don't know the answer to your second question, infact I have the same query..

For question 3
    MTP doesn't work for me too (ZCX recovery), the workaround is connecting a USB OTG storage device and mounting it, then using the file manager under the advance section to copy the files on it.. After the mount USB storage device shows up on the bottom of the "/" path.
    I was going to unlock my bootloader here but then I decided to check xda first before clicking apply on the bootloader unlock request page. I didn't seem to find any guide here on xda telling me to use that page. Why is that?

So should I use the official method or one of the guides (and if so could someone link me a good up-to-date guide). Also I assume warranty is void when unlocking the bootloader but could someone confirm that because it doesn't say that on the request unlock page.

Xiaomi policy says that you won't be voiding your warranty by unlocking the device. Also, I personally had a chat with the customer care team and they told me that if your device is in warranty, you can get your device fixed if it gets soft-bricked or even hard-bricked. So you shouldn't hesitate about unlocking the device. ;)

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    What is the best ROM for Note 3 SD, that has good battery life and voLTE supported along with all major functions and at least MM.

MiUi marshmallow. LOL!!! CyanogenMod is always better. Try cyanogenmod.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing