• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HELP THREAD] Ask any questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

PoseidonKing

Mar 18, 2015
Pune
Hi guys. I have a Redmi Note 3 SD and I find the device incredibly good. But I have a problem with it that has been very annoying: when I listen to music via Bluetooth after a certain time the audio comes out as if it were a few meters away from the sound, and even though I'm in front of the audio, it comes out like this. I've tried changing the kernel but nothing fixes and other devices play quietly in the sound, which is a Panasonic AKX-600. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
Thank you in advance!

PS: Excuse my English, I'm using the translator because I'm Brazilian and I do not speak English fluently, besides being new to XDA

Hi
I don't understand what you mean by 'audio comes out'. Please be descriptive. Also, you don't need to be fluent in English, just be sure that your statements are descriptive and relevant. ;)

Regards
PoseidonKing

Hi
I don't understand what you mean by 'audio comes out'. Please be descriptive. Also, you don't need to be fluent in English, just be sure that your statements are descriptive and relevant. ;)

Regards
PoseidonKing

Hello, thank you very much for answering me. So I'll be more descriptive. As I said, I'm having problems with the Bluetooth of my Redmi Note 3, which when paired to an audio device does not transmit audio properly. Everything I try to hear there comes out perforated and with cuts in the playback and so I can not hear right songs or watch videos with it paired to the sound.

azaxshaw

Mar 10, 2017
Can i get i a little help here?? I'm on the latest rr oreo build(kenzo) but wanna try the NOS oreo rom so can i just dirty flash it or do i need to clear the data?? Can someone run down the process? Thanks

panu09

Aug 2, 2016
Can i get i a little help here?? I'm on the latest rr oreo build(kenzo) but wanna try the NOS oreo rom so can i just dirty flash it or do i need to clear the data?? Can someone run down the process? Thanks
Stop spamming everywhere
As ur moving from one rom to another different rom its common sense and also told by every developer clean flash..!!
And always use search function of xda

Reactions: azaxshaw

azaxshaw

Mar 10, 2017
Stop spamming everywhere
As ur moving from one rom to another different rom its common sense and also told by every developer clean flash..!!
And always use search function of xda

Thanks but u shud be bit patient. U aren't any xda god so just don't forget u were a noob as well. Treat others the way u want urself to be treated. I tried the search function n news flash buddy it was helpless. Be cool.

panu09

Aug 2, 2016
Thanks but u shud be bit patient. U aren't any xda god so just don't forget u were a noob as well. Treat others the way u want urself to be treated. I tried the search function n news flash buddy it was helpless. Be cool.
Yes i was noob too and im not as well but ur querry is very simple u even get answer if u search any thread... everybody have to grow up...dont be noob always... learn and get out from noob...

azaxshaw

Mar 10, 2017
Yes i was noob too and im not as well but ur querry is very simple u even get answer if u search any thread... everybody have to grow up...dont be noob always... learn and get out from noob...
That's what i was doing and a simple reply to my query would have suffice. I searched for waht i wanted n i came across this forum. And as i said be cool not noob

panu09

Aug 2, 2016
That's what i was doing and a simple reply to my query would have suffice. I searched for waht i wanted n i came across this forum. And as i said be cool not noob
U will always a noob if u even want a spoon feed for a such small querry ... anyway i helped u but even u want argue i will not reply u again... good by

fazel.st

Mar 17, 2018
zanjan-abhar
enable 4G+ (B3+B7)

hi i want to enable 4G+ (B3+B7) on redmi note3 "SE" B3+B7 Unsupported by default values in QCN file
I used below method to fix this problem, but only the mark changes (4G+ in status bar)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/enable-carrier-aggregation-redmi-note-3-t3737882
I'm use network signal guru app and show only 1 carrier

How to edit the QCN file and add the Carrier aggregation for B3 and B7?
u4kc_screenshot_20180318-004735.png

Moonsquirrel

Mar 25, 2018
Touchscreen problem

Hi!
I'm having problem with my Kenzo. I just flashed twrp, firmware and lineageos. Touchscreen works perfectly in recovery but after I boot to system the touchscreen stops responding in any way. Is this a common problem and any way to try fix it?

OK, nevermind. Problem solved. Had to flash custom kernel in order to get it working.

Last edited:

GaLaORG

Jul 22, 2017
Surabaya
Hi, i lost my network signal. I only can use wifi. I'm using RR Oreo when this error occurs. This error ever fixed when I did nothing for a half day use. I think this is RR Oreo's error but I wrong. I also try to format data and use another rom that I already used it from MM and other Oreo, didn't work. I restore my modem and efs partition, nothing happened. I also use latest kernel from miui developer or global.
Any solution?

Nithin96

Jun 7, 2015
04-08 08:31:31.536 E/WifiHAL (424): wifi_get_logger_supported_feature_set: Error -3 happened.

04-08 08:31:31.537 E/WifiVendorHal(7048): getSupportedFeatureSet(l.891) failed {.code = ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, .description = }

04-08 08:31:31.550 E/BatteryExternalStatsWorker(7048): no controller energy info supplied for bluetooth

04-08 08:31:31.594 E/BatteryExternalStatsWorker(7048): modem info is invalid: ModemActivityInfo{ mTimestamp=26561403 mSleepTimeMs=5156818 mIdleTimeMs=-5156818 mTxTimeMs[]=[10780, 0, 190, 10, 0] mRxTimeMs=-3 mEnergyUsed=0}

Can someone tell what this errors are and how to clear that error?

amolrathod

Sep 2, 2013
Hello,
Im using redmi note 3 global stable 9.5.1.0 with airtel, but the problem is my device is not getting 4g network, any solution?

Aelg4

Jan 26, 2015
Not a completely noob here, more of a semi-noob with dangerous half knowledge.

Anyway, 1.5 years ago I flashed CM13 for 'kenzo' on my 'kate', flashed the modem fot 'kate' afterwards and everything was fine, 4G was working, no problems. At least it was until last summer, when apps started crashing and after a few days my phone was stuck in a bootloop.
I made a factory reset and everything was fine again until last week, when apps started chrashing and I soon found myself in a bootloop (that was faster than the first one). After a new factory reset and installation of a few apps I had the same bootloop again.

So I decided to switch to LineageOS 14.1, which even has a build for the 'kate', at least an unofficial one, but it just showed the boot animation for hours.

Because I wanted to at least have a working phone again, I went for the official MIUI 9 ROM for the 'kate', but something went wrong flashing. Now my phone only shows the mi logo for a fraction of a second and then goes blank when trying to boot android or the recovery, I can only get to the bootloader. When trying to flash anything now, I get the error message: "Partition flashing is not allowed".

Since the ways I found online to unlock the device all require a running MIUI ROM, I want to ask, if anyone sees a way to get my phone working again?

SH3H1

Jul 2, 2013
Kannur
Not a completely noob here, more of a semi-noob with dangerous half knowledge.

Anyway, 1.5 years ago I flashed CM13 for 'kenzo' on my 'kate', flashed the modem fot 'kate' afterwards and everything was fine, 4G was working, no problems. At least it was until last summer, when apps started crashing and after a few days my phone was stuck in a bootloop.
I made a factory reset and everything was fine again until last week, when apps started chrashing and I soon found myself in a bootloop (that was faster than the first one). After a new factory reset and installation of a few apps I had the same bootloop again.

So I decided to switch to LineageOS 14.1, which even has a build for the 'kate', at least an unofficial one, but it just showed the boot animation for hours.

Because I wanted to at least have a working phone again, I went for the official MIUI 9 ROM for the 'kate', but something went wrong flashing. Now my phone only shows the mi logo for a fraction of a second and then goes blank when trying to boot android or the recovery, I can only get to the bootloader. When trying to flash anything now, I get the error message: "Partition flashing is not allowed".

Since the ways I found online to unlock the device all require a running MIUI ROM, I want to ask, if anyone sees a way to get my phone working again?
Flash your phone using edl,you can search how to there are well explained tutorial available

Reactions: Aelg4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
    2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
    3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
    4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
    5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    i have REDMI NOTE 3 KENZO SNAPDRAGON VERSION 3GB
    RUNNING ON latest global stable miui 8.1.1.0, android 6.0.1
    i have zc -x recovery ( unlocked officially and rooted)
    now
    Q1) if i want to backup my rom which partitions should i select, in case of if i made any mistake and want to restore?
    like if i flashed some wrong zip, and now facing bootloop
    To get rid of bootloop, i can use twrp backup?
    Q2) in case if i dont have twrp backup, and want to flash fastboot rom but dont want to lose internal storage? what should i do, there is no option for clean_all_except_storage.bat? in mi flash tool latest one

i do not to erase my internal everytime i flash with mi flash tool

Q3) if i can access twrp and want to copy backup from computer or otg how can i do it?
    because if i attach phone in recovery mode, it is not showing my device internal storage in my pc! just showing phone is attached under adb interface

thank you
    For question 1
    Do the backup of all the partitions, but while restoring *very important* UNCHECK firmware_emmc and firmware_ROM or you'll end up bricking your device and loosing all the data on the internal storage and only MiFlash will save you

Don't know the answer to your second question, infact I have the same query..

For question 3
    MTP doesn't work for me too (ZCX recovery), the workaround is connecting a USB OTG storage device and mounting it, then using the file manager under the advance section to copy the files on it.. After the mount USB storage device shows up on the bottom of the "/" path.
    I was going to unlock my bootloader here but then I decided to check xda first before clicking apply on the bootloader unlock request page. I didn't seem to find any guide here on xda telling me to use that page. Why is that?

So should I use the official method or one of the guides (and if so could someone link me a good up-to-date guide). Also I assume warranty is void when unlocking the bootloader but could someone confirm that because it doesn't say that on the request unlock page.

Xiaomi policy says that you won't be voiding your warranty by unlocking the device. Also, I personally had a chat with the customer care team and they told me that if your device is in warranty, you can get your device fixed if it gets soft-bricked or even hard-bricked. So you shouldn't hesitate about unlocking the device. ;)

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    What is the best ROM for Note 3 SD, that has good battery life and voLTE supported along with all major functions and at least MM.

MiUi marshmallow. LOL!!! CyanogenMod is always better. Try cyanogenmod.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing