[HELP THREAD] Ask any questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

Nipun2106

Apr 9, 2018
How to unlock boatloader of redmi note 3 if i have miui 9 beta rom? As by the original way it stops at 99%.

:confused:

vatasaru

Dec 9, 2015
Custom Rom for Kenzo

I managed to unlock the bootloader using this procedure
https://www.technobuzz.net/unlock-bootloader-redmi-note-3/ using this image 'kenzo_global_images_6.7.21_20160712.0000.26_5.1_global' after that
i installed twrp and magisk as well. so now i have a device which is unlocked, rooted and with twrp recovery installed then I wanted to install latest RR . when i tried that then my kenzo goes into boot but instead of booting into system it keeps on booting into twrp recovery. I tried installing the Oreo version as well as the Nougat version of RR but facing the same issue. I tried to update the firmware before installing the custom rom but it does not make any difference. please let me know how I can install a good custom rom on my kenzo and the procedure to be followed for the same. really appreciate your time and effort.

Last edited:

Albertinou

Feb 14, 2010
Hey,
so i got installed TWRP on my phone using this guide
from XDA and then rooted my phone. Need help installing official miui 9.5.3.0. If i download miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_V9.5.3.0.MHOMIFA_b80cfbef7d_6.0.zip from official miui site and just flash it via twrp, will i lose data? Will i lose root? Simple steps would be nice
p.s. im on official miui rom now. kenzo.

Last edited:

druhboruch1

Feb 18, 2011
Bootloader relocked

I unlocked the bootloader unofficially months ago installed twrp 3.1.1-0 and lineage rom.
Now when I try to update the recovery via fastboot i get the following error
FAILED (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed).

The command fastboot oem device info shows:
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false

The command fastboot oem unlock-go returns:
FAILED (remote: Token verification failed, reboot the device)

I still can access the old twrp recovery.
Is there anything I can do to update recovery?

0wbie

Oct 29, 2016
No matter what rom I install, the phone doesn't detect any wifi networks (won't even let me turn on wifi), and it won't detect my sim. I've tried all kinds of different roms and it gives me error "e: createTarFork() process ended with ERROR=255" when I try and restore my backup. Does anyone have any suggestions or is my phone dead? :(

olivatruxx

Feb 12, 2013
After I flashed a rom, my phone just powered off instead of reboot. When I try to turn it on i only get the MI logo and then the screen turns off again, if I try to go into recovery mode pressing power button + volume up i get the same MI logo and screen turn off the only i can do is enter into fastboot (power button + volume down) but when I connect it to my computer with usb, my computer doesn't recognize the phone, so I can't go into recovery or flash another room.
Any help will be appreciated. :( And sorry for bad english >.<

WhyBranium

May 4, 2018
After I flashed a rom, my phone just powered off instead of reboot. When I try to turn it on i only get the MI logo and then the screen turns off again, if I try to go into recovery mode pressing power button + volume up i get the same MI logo and screen turn off the only i can do is enter into fastboot (power button + volume down) but when I connect it to my computer with usb, my computer doesn't recognize the phone, so I can't go into recovery or flash another room.
Any help will be appreciated. :( And sorry for bad english >.<

1.Vol Down + Power Button - Go to Fast boot
2. Connect to PC
3.Install MI flash and download Latest Miui Firmware for you phone
4.Using MI Flash restore your firmware.
5. Then do whatever you wanna do...Use Miui or Flash Custom Rom

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I unlocked the bootloader unofficially months ago installed twrp 3.1.1-0 and lineage rom.
Now when I try to update the recovery via fastboot i get the following error
FAILED (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed).

The command fastboot oem device info shows:
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false

The command fastboot oem unlock-go returns:
FAILED (remote: Token verification failed, reboot the device)

I still can access the old twrp recovery.
Is there anything I can do to update recovery?

You have some how Relocked your Bootloader.

Download Latest Twrp.zip or .img file and try to flash it through your old TWRP.

You can also try custom TWRP's like RedWolf, Etc.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Hey,
so i got installed TWRP on my phone using this guide
from XDA and then rooted my phone. Need help installing official miui 9.5.3.0. If i download miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_V9.5.3.0.MHOMIFA_b80cfbef7d_6.0.zip from official miui site and just flash it via twrp, will i lose data? Will i lose root? Simple steps would be nice
p.s. im on official miui rom now. kenzo.

Flash a Custom TWRP which has MIUI OTA Increment Update stuff so that you can update your MIUI with TWRP.

Custom TWRP - Redwolf TWRP etc.

Reactions: Albertinou

Saltmango

Sep 4, 2014
kannur
i see Abhishek LOS ROM is Based on new device tree ,what is meant by "new device tree" what's the difference between old and new ?

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
hello,

over the last year the battery on my kenzo device has been performing poorly over time, to the point where the battery doesnt charge past 60% and that charge doesnt last more than 2 - 3 hourse of use!

also over the last year (phone was bought on october 2016) the included charger and usb cable stopped working altogether! so now im charging with an old samsung 1A wall charger and samsung usb cable.

so i finnally installed a new battery, its an official xiaomi 4000mah battery (bm46 just like the one that comes with the phone) and while battery life is much improved and standby times are much improved, the battery also doesnt charge past 70 - 75%,
could this be because of the usb wall charger and the cable?

im guessing i need a 5V - 2A charger ? could a quick charge 3.0 charger work?
also, i have a custom rom installed (aim_rom) and any oreo or nougat rom i install show the little ray on the battery icon like when its charging even when its not charging! any thoughts? thanks.

darkknight07

Mar 6, 2018
vadodara
I have a xiaomi redmi note 3 and i want to unlock its bootloader. I have got the permission since 2 months but still I'm not able to unlock it. When i try to add account in developers options it says " can't verify, wait a minute or two and try again " since last 2 months. Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have tried everything. Removing and adding account, using vpn, find my device but nothing works. Help me please.

aqvyx

I have a xiaomi redmi note 3 and i want to unlock its bootloader. I have got the permission since 2 months but still I'm not able to unlock it. When i try to add account in developers options it says " can't verify, wait a minute or two and try again " since last 2 months. Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have tried everything. Removing and adding account, using vpn, find my device but nothing works. Help me please.
Offical Method is broken and the Xiaomi devs themselves said its a sever problem from their side and they won't fix it. Unlock it unofficaly

gwenmillett

Aug 28, 2013
What is the most stable and bugless oreo rom

I'm looking for battery life and good performance with no major bugs

Prashant.inc

Mar 16, 2016
Previously i can easily unlock my redmi note 3 bootloader by using mi unlock tool but now I can't. It says that current account cannot unlock this device. I am using windows 10 64bit.

Oupr

Jan 22, 2017
Ubnutu touch and Firefox os. Can any one is doing or porting these rom to our rom? Any idea how can i do if.

Its_abhi19

Nov 15, 2016
I'm facing the Same issue also..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
    2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
    3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
    4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
    5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    i have REDMI NOTE 3 KENZO SNAPDRAGON VERSION 3GB
    RUNNING ON latest global stable miui 8.1.1.0, android 6.0.1
    i have zc -x recovery ( unlocked officially and rooted)
    now
    Q1) if i want to backup my rom which partitions should i select, in case of if i made any mistake and want to restore?
    like if i flashed some wrong zip, and now facing bootloop
    To get rid of bootloop, i can use twrp backup?
    Q2) in case if i dont have twrp backup, and want to flash fastboot rom but dont want to lose internal storage? what should i do, there is no option for clean_all_except_storage.bat? in mi flash tool latest one

i do not to erase my internal everytime i flash with mi flash tool

Q3) if i can access twrp and want to copy backup from computer or otg how can i do it?
    because if i attach phone in recovery mode, it is not showing my device internal storage in my pc! just showing phone is attached under adb interface

thank you
    For question 1
    Do the backup of all the partitions, but while restoring *very important* UNCHECK firmware_emmc and firmware_ROM or you'll end up bricking your device and loosing all the data on the internal storage and only MiFlash will save you

Don't know the answer to your second question, infact I have the same query..

For question 3
    MTP doesn't work for me too (ZCX recovery), the workaround is connecting a USB OTG storage device and mounting it, then using the file manager under the advance section to copy the files on it.. After the mount USB storage device shows up on the bottom of the "/" path.
    I was going to unlock my bootloader here but then I decided to check xda first before clicking apply on the bootloader unlock request page. I didn't seem to find any guide here on xda telling me to use that page. Why is that?

So should I use the official method or one of the guides (and if so could someone link me a good up-to-date guide). Also I assume warranty is void when unlocking the bootloader but could someone confirm that because it doesn't say that on the request unlock page.

Xiaomi policy says that you won't be voiding your warranty by unlocking the device. Also, I personally had a chat with the customer care team and they told me that if your device is in warranty, you can get your device fixed if it gets soft-bricked or even hard-bricked. So you shouldn't hesitate about unlocking the device. ;)

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    What is the best ROM for Note 3 SD, that has good battery life and voLTE supported along with all major functions and at least MM.

MiUi marshmallow. LOL!!! CyanogenMod is always better. Try cyanogenmod.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing